GameStop Trade & Promos XXVII: Values available on the website and on Android/iOS app.

Status
Not open for further replies.

JP

CAG Veteran
Feedback
181 (100%)
WELCOME TO THE NEW GAMESTOP TRADE-IN THREAD.

The new thread format will be a work in progress but this first post will be the promos that are active and useful information, but also wikified. The second post will currently be frequently asked questions but may move it into the first post. Post three will be historical trade-in values from before the list.

Trade-in Values Available at: http://www.gamestop.com/trade

Also on GameStop app on iOS and Android

Upcoming Promotions/Information:

From GameStop employees on CAG:

GameStop.com Information (will post it when they update it)

Guaranteed $30/$40 on select games (Varying End Dates)

GameStop.com said:

Last edited by a moderator:
Is the 250 trade in at gamestop the best way to go for an Xbox One trade in. My day one edition makes a squeaking noise.
If the employee thinks it is bad, they might add a defect fee. Can't say exactly how much but I was told $50 for the issue I had ($250->$200). You can always try and see what they do.

If the employee thinks it is bad, they might add a defect fee. Can't say exactly how much but I was told $50 for the issue I had ($250->$200). You can always try and see what they do.
wth?! A $50 deduction is way too high. You missing a controller or something?

$50 is the hit for any problem.

$200 is more than you will ever get for a broken system. Two weeks ago you would have got $125 after fees. Take the $50 hit and maybe you will get lucky and they won't notice the issue.

Either way you come out $75 ahead at minimum.

Controller wouldn't sync with the console. Had to send the console off to a Microsoft service center yesterday, as it was happening with both my controllers (one of which was bought new). Support couldn't resolve it.

Trenchalicious, on 03 Nov 2015 - 3:11 PM, said:
$50 is the hit for any problem.

$200 is more than you will ever get for a broken system. Two weeks ago you would have got $125 after fees. Take the $50 hit and maybe you will get lucky and they won't notice the issue.

Either way you come out $75 ahead at minimum.
My 360 is scratch to **** and I'm planning to take it in Friday for the $100 credit. Will they deduct and how much?

Controller wouldn't sync with the console. Had to send the console off to a Microsoft service center yesterday, as it was happening with both my controllers (one of which was bought new). Support couldn't resolve it.
Sucks bro, sorry to hear. GS here didn't even test my controller since I didn't bring any batteries. They used theirs.

More reason to trade in your consoles annually and keep warranty period valid.

Yeah, luckily the warranty was expiring tomorrow (the 4th).

I was looking at my PowerUp Rewards -> Card Activity. Said something about Member Updated. Not sure what that means because I didn't do anything to update anything. I at least know what store that might of happened at. Just curious what it might mean.

So would I be able to trade in my xbox one console Friday for 250 and also be able to get the free game + controller? Or do those deals not work together?

[quote name="blueweltall" post="13003870" timestamp="1446563572"]Colorado now charges sales tax on credit purchases at Gamestop.[/quote]

As does Washington.

For the record, this is why I went and renewed my PURP today. Rather not have that kind of doody occur last-minute when I do the trade at GS and go to get the new console. Rather go from one store to BB without having to sit at home and wait.

They even taxed me when I traded in my Xbox One...I was appalled! But it didn't stop there! They then had the unmitigated gall to ask for the blood of my first born male son! All of it, even! I was livid.

Well I snapped! Lost it, right there!

I expertly head faked the manager with a move towards the magazine rack! Like a sucker, he fell for it. As he realized his folly and attempted to turn around, I caught him in the temple with a well-thrown Joker and Harley Quinn 2nd Edition Statue. Dropped him like Organic Chemistry II in college.

Ever since, I've been the champ.
Wtf?

a few questions

for the system trade in, i have to trade in a controller right? 

would the free game be valid if i pay off in full the fallout xb1 bundle? 

a few questions

for the system trade in, i have to trade in a controller right?

would the free game be valid if i pay off in full the fallout xb1 bundle?
Yes for controller and I'm assuming like most promotions it has to be a console that has to be bought that day for the free stuff

So these eBay cards take forever to activate right? It's been like 6 hours bleh.
I traded in my Xbox One in the morning at 10 AM EST. The girl at the counter didn't even check to see if it worked either she just took it on sight. By 9 PM my eBay card was active. It was kinda messy though as I had to buy like 5 $50 gift cards for Best Buy.

I traded in my Xbox One in the morning at 10 AM EST. The girl at the counter didn't even check to see if it worked either she just took it on sight. By 9 PM my eBay card was active. It was kinda messy though as I had to buy like 5 $50 gift cards for Best Buy.
Yup same here. Cashier is gonna hate me heh.

Yup same here. Cashier is gonna hate me heh.
I'm just gonna buy online for instore pick up and go pick it up Saturday. No way am I wasting the ink required to print up 5 gift cards as they don't take them on mobile devices.

I'm just gonna buy online for instore pick up and go pick it up Saturday. No way am I wasting the ink required to print up 5 gift cards as they don't take them on mobile devices.
Download GYFT and add them to you're wallet. That's what I did. But yeah, pickup is probably better, though I'm not losing my Forza console so I'm grabbing that shit today.

If I trade in a 4GB 360 E console w/ a 250GB Hard Drive inside, will I get the value of the 4GB plus the value of the 250GB HD OR will I get the $100 towards the purchase of an XB1 / PS4?

If I trade in a 4GB 360 E console w/ a 250GB Hard Drive inside, will I get the value of the 4GB plus the value of the 250GB HD OR will I get the $100 towards the purchase of an XB1 / PS4?
I think you get either the $100 towards an X1/PS4 OR the lower cash/credit value if you don't buy a new console. My question is can you trade in the 360, buy an X1, and get the $100 back in store credit. I think the answer is yes.

Download GYFT and add them to you're wallet. That's what I did. But yeah, pickup is probably better, though I'm not losing my Forza console so I'm grabbing that shit today.
Before I went to Best Buy, I pulled up each gift card on my phone and took a screenshot for each one. And when I went to use them, all I had to do was bring up my photo album and just swipe through after each one was entered.

So we've covered that eBay GCs can be bought with GS credit. Can you use the credit to buy GameStop GCs?

I've got a B2G1 coupon on both of my accounts. I want to use the credit from trading my Xbox One in with both coupons, but I figure that the coupons are tied to each account, and the credit will go to one of those accounts. So, I was going to use the credit for a GS gift card to use credit to use with the other account's B2G1, wasn't sure if they allowed that. I've got 3 stores in-town (I wouldn't foolishly try to do both at the same time at the same store).

I think you will get charged tax on the portion paid with a gift card even if you bought it with credit (someone correct me if I'm wrong).

I think you will get charged tax on the portion paid with a gift card even if you bought it with credit (someone correct me if I'm wrong).
Ehh, I'm not too concerned with that, even if it does happen. I guess the easiest answer would come from one of the folks who got the eBay gift cards with credit. It might be $8-10, but I'll make that back on the flip to Best Buy, this is really just about moving the credit.

You can probably ask the store to put the trade credit on a separate trade card instead of your rewards card -- haven't done a trade-in at GS recently so not sure if they still do that

You can probably ask the store to put the trade credit on a separate trade card instead of your rewards card -- haven't done a trade-in at GS recently so not sure if they still do that
Maybe I'll do that. We'll see how well my brain is working after 5 hours of work, 4 hours of class, then thumbing through a 20--page book to write a paper tonight. Procrastination is my super power.

Maybe I'll do that. We'll see how well my brain is working after 5 hours of work, 4 hours of class, then thumbing through a 20--page book to write a paper tonight. Procrastination is my super power.
Some may say I procrastinate.

I just think I'm super clutch when the pressure is on. So I save my best work for the last second.

I actually know a way of converting Gamestop credit directly to cash. Don't know if I should even mention it though, since it's probably not legal. I wonder if anyone can figure out what I'm talking about. 8-[

I have the elite bundle in the car that I got yesterday with the controller.  Hoping there is no issue with a return/rebuy tomorrow to get the game.

I really want to open it up and play it but I know if I do there will be a problem tomorrow and I will get hosed getting the game.

So we've covered that eBay GCs can be bought with GS credit. Can you use the credit to buy GameStop GCs?

I've got a B2G1 coupon on both of my accounts. I want to use the credit from trading my Xbox One in with both coupons, but I figure that the coupons are tied to each account, and the credit will go to one of those accounts. So, I was going to use the credit for a GS gift card to use credit to use with the other account's B2G1, wasn't sure if they allowed that. I've got 3 stores in-town (I wouldn't foolishly try to do both at the same time at the same store).
I'm doing the same thing myself as opposed to the ebay to BB gift card route . You can have them put it on a trade card and use the credit on both accounts . I'm going to trade 4 games to Bestbuy which will just about get me elite plus. I'll most likely send 2 to Target if the values stay at 45$ with the 2x trade in . I had a Forza bundle shipped to return rebuy sat and get the 50$ gc , free game , 30$ gurdians controller (free req pack) , and to top it off I'll use my free insignia Bluetooth speaker coupon . Then if I'm feeling greedy I'll try and get an over ride for my last movers coupon , probably won't though.

I have the elite bundle in the car that I got yesterday with the controller. Hoping there is no issue with a return/rebuy tomorrow to get the game.

I really want to open it up and play it but I know if I do there will be a problem tomorrow and I will get hosed getting the game.
I'm going in tonight during the Call of Duty midnight launch to pick up my Elite Console, controller, and a copy of Call of Duty. I hope they don't tell me to piss off.

I'm doing the same thing myself as opposed to the ebay to BB gift card route . You can have them put it on a trade card and use the credit on both accounts . I'm going to trade 4 games to Bestbuy which will just about get me elite plus. I'll most likely send 2 to Target if the values stay at 45$ with the 2x trade in . I had a Forza bundle shipped to return rebuy sat and get the 50$ gc , free game , 30$ gurdians controller (free req pack) , and to top it off I'll use my free insignia Bluetooth speaker coupon . Then if I'm feeling greedy I'll try and get an over ride for my last movers coupon , probably won't though.
I was thinking of doing the same. My brother)in-law kind of wants a second controller, and I'm getting the Halo bundle, which already has the Locke controller, so I'm going to let him get the discount. I considered taking some games to Target, but $1.80 at Target just doesn't hold much value to me. I know the B2G1 is coming, but I'm lukewarm on that as well, so I might just stick to Best Buy.

I've asked a couple of times and gotten no response, what is this speaker coupon, and where did you get it? I never saw one in my e-mail, though I am a bit careless with those.

Just off the top of my head, there is a way to convert GS credit to cash, at least in most states.

If you buy something with credit, then return for a gift card

Just off the top of my head, there is a way to convert GS credit to cash, at least in most states.

If you buy something with credit, then return for a gift card <$10 you can then convert to cash since the law here states any gift card <$10 can be cashed out.
Most states? Are you referring to only California?

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back