GameStop Trade & Promos XXVII: Values available on the website and on Android/iOS app.

Status
Not open for further replies.

JP

CAG Veteran
Feedback
181 (100%)
WELCOME TO THE NEW GAMESTOP TRADE-IN THREAD.

The new thread format will be a work in progress but this first post will be the promos that are active and useful information, but also wikified. The second post will currently be frequently asked questions but may move it into the first post. Post three will be historical trade-in values from before the list.

Trade-in Values Available at: http://www.gamestop.com/trade

Also on GameStop app on iOS and Android

Upcoming Promotions/Information:

From GameStop employees on CAG:

GameStop.com Information (will post it when they update it)

Guaranteed $30/$40 on select games (Varying End Dates)

GameStop.com said:

Last edited by a moderator:
You can probably ask the store to put the trade credit on a separate trade card instead of your rewards card -- haven't done a trade-in at GS recently so not sure if they still do that
I have only known putting trade credit onto a separate card and not my PUR card. I learned you could do that (trade credit on PUR card) just a little over 90 days ago.

I was thinking of doing the same. My brother)in-law kind of wants a second controller, and I'm getting the Halo bundle, which already has the Locke controller, so I'm going to let him get the discount. I considered taking some games to Target, but $1.80 at Target just doesn't hold much value to me. I know the B2G1 is coming, but I'm lukewarm on that as well, so I might just stick to Best Buy.
I've asked a couple of times and gotten no response, what is this speaker coupon, and where did you get it? I never saw one in my e-mail, though I am a bit careless with those.
It's a free Insignia portable Bluetooth speaker coupon with 50$ purchase , subject line "Prepare for gifting glory". I got one on my elite plus account but not my other standard account.

Oh shit. Getting political in here. Quick someone drop a wrestling GIF.
Nah...

200.gif

can someone kindly post the list of states that charge no tax on trade-in credit purchases?

Or if they can tell me if PA is one of those states?

Headed to PA tonight and might be tempted to trade my xbox one if I can get it on a tax free purchase....

TIA

Just off the top of my head, there is a way to convert GS credit to cash, at least in most states.

If you buy something with credit, then return for a gift card <$10 you can then convert to cash since the law here states any gift card <$10 can be cashed out.
Great...let me just go buy 50 $8.99 games with all of my credit and return them for cash.

Come on dude lol...

can someone kindly post the list of states that charge no tax on trade-in credit purchases?

Headed to PA tonight and might be tempted to trade my xbox one if I can get it on a tax free purchase....

TIA
TX

Probably others as well.

TIA
PA charges tax while using store credit. I live in PA.

My Gamestop in IN got new trade in procedures. They have this stupid little camera you have to have your photo taken each time you trade.
Ugh, really? I'm planning on trading in some stuff tonight. Not looking forward to it if I have to go through a photo op as well.

FYI, I haven't seen this posted recently. Trade in a :ps4: / :xb1: game when you pick up BOPS3 (or any new game $59.99+) and they will take 10% off the cost of the game (up to $6). They treat this as a $6 bonus to TIV of the game traded in.

Valid 11/6 and 11/7.

FYI, I haven't seen this posted recently. Trade in a :ps4: / :xb1: game when you pick up BOPS3 (or any new game $59.99+) and they will take 10% off the cost of the game (up to $6). They treat this as a $6 bonus to TIV of the game traded in.

Valid 11/6 and 11/7.
So no luck on getting 10% off the Juggernog edition?

So no luck on getting 10% off the Juggernog edition?
It counts, but only $6 off. T&C:

GameStop Android app said:
10% Off: Requires the trade of an Xbox One or PS4 game. Offer valid on purchase of any NEW software priced at $59.99 or greater, including collector or limited editions. 10% off given in trade in value increase, trade value may be increased by a maximum of $6. Trades must be in full working condition to receive full value. Trade subject to manager approval. See store associate for details. Offer valid 11/6/15 - 11/7/15.

My Gamestop in IN got new trade in procedures. They have this stupid little camera you have to have your photo taken each time you trade.
LOL, that's insane. If that were to happen to me, I'd deliberately take in games to do trades, with no intent of going through with it. Then, every time I got told I had to have my picture taken, I'd grab my games and tell them they can go give themselves a colonoscopy with the camera.

LOL, that's insane. If that were to happen to me, I'd deliberately take in games to do trades, with no intent of going through with it. Then, every time I got told I had to have my picture taken, I'd grab my games and tell them they can go give themselves a colonoscopy with the camera.
Depends on city/state laws that stuff may be required unfortunately.

Well a birthday has passed over the weekend, does Gamestop still give out unique birthday coupons/discounts via email?  If so, I guess GameStop doesn't wish happy birthdays?  :no:

Does anybody know if the $100 for a XBOX 360 or PS3 towards an XBOX One promo ended already? I can't find anything on Gamestops website. I was planning on picking up an XBOX One tomorrow.  

nearly $400 of trade in only got 8k. where is my 3x points!, i traded in white xbox one madden 16, fifa 16, ps4 controller, minecraft, extra xb1 power supply. my fallout pipboy got canceled for no reason i had pre ordered on 6/23.
The 3X points is only on the donation amount. So $1 is 33 points with PUR Pro.

At GS, when trading in a console, if I were to trade the 3ds for X1 and not new 3ds would I still be able to get the bonus 100 for trading towards new 3ds?

I know the promo states FOR new 3ds, but I've traded in at bestbuy when it was one console for another specified console, and left with the added Tiv, when I didn't buy the specified console.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back