GameStop Trade & Promos XXVII: Values available on the website and on Android/iOS app.

Status
Not open for further replies.

JP

CAG Veteran
Feedback
181 (100%)
WELCOME TO THE NEW GAMESTOP TRADE-IN THREAD.

The new thread format will be a work in progress but this first post will be the promos that are active and useful information, but also wikified. The second post will currently be frequently asked questions but may move it into the first post. Post three will be historical trade-in values from before the list.

Trade-in Values Available at: http://www.gamestop.com/trade

Also on GameStop app on iOS and Android

Upcoming Promotions/Information:

From GameStop employees on CAG:

GameStop.com Information (will post it when they update it)

Guaranteed $30/$40 on select games (Varying End Dates)

GameStop.com said:

Last edited by a moderator:
You see now this irritates me. I spoke to one GS employee at one store and she said that the TIV was the TIV, no over-riding regardless of what saved value I have. I asked another GS employee at another store and he flat out said he couldn't over-ride, even if he wanted to (like someone else mentioned earlier), so either he didn't know how or was unwilling to do it.

But it sounds like the TIV can be overridden by the emp. if they want to. But if they have the option to not override the TIV that you have saved, what's the point of being able to save a TIV and print it out or show the saved TIV on the app?
Overrides require manager authorization in the system I believe. Was able to do it once during the iPad flips but 9 out of 10 employees are reluctant to even attempt it.

Is the $100 credit when trading towards PS4/XB1 only for old consoles?  The fine print doesn't really say anything.   Would be nice to get $275 for my old PS4 trading up to the SW console, but I'm guessing it wont work like that.

Is the $100 credit when trading towards PS4/XB1 only for old consoles? The fine print doesn't really say anything. Would be nice to get $275 for my old PS4 trading up to the SW console, but I'm guessing it wont work like that.
Why stop there? You should use the $50 extra trade in coupon to get $325 for your old ps4!!! And ask them if you can trade in the Dualshock 4 separately so you can get another $30. It never hurts to ask lol

Has anyone tried trading a PS4/XBO towards an XBO?

The $250 towards one still shows on GS.com's front page.  It might give a promo bump or something.

Does anyone know if Gamestop accepts the Uncharted that came with the ps4 bundle even though it says not for resale. I just came from best buy and they wouldnt accept it.

Overrides require manager authorization in the system I believe. Was able to do it once during the iPad flips but 9 out of 10 employees are reluctant to even attempt it.
I remember pretty much where I was exactly when that iPad flipmania was happening, but unfortunately was low on funds as a little high schooler so I could partake :( what thread was that in again?!

I don't see it, maybe they were a few days late in taking it down?
I refreshed the homepage and it showed a different set of promos, so maybe my computer was just stuck on stupid.

Regarding the over rides: yes, they do have to explain to the DM why they did it.

I've had them do it a couple times. Once when the 50% coupon thing was going and the one shitty GS cashier tried to charge me refurb fees for not having a case. I made her post void the transaction and rering it. She had to over ride to do the 50% on the second transaction because the code was already used.

The other was when they had that flyer advertising a 50% promo that didn't exist.

lol serves her right for trying to nickel and dime you for missing the case. 

Having to explain an override to a DM is apparently a big deal to the employees.  I had a manager purposefully make me wait an extra half hour to process a trade in order to avoid processing an override before.  It was when a 50% bonus wasn't automatically processing in their POS and they had to search for a code through GSO.  I kept requesting the manager to process the override since I didn't want to wait on him looking for the code but he was extremely reluctant.  I verified the promotion through an email that GS marketing had sent out to everyone.

Has anyone tried trading a PS4/XBO towards an XBO?

The $250 towards one still shows on GS.com's front page. It might give a promo bump or something.
Someone should try that.

I remember pretty much where I was exactly when that iPad flipmania was happening, but unfortunately was low on funds as a little high schooler so I could partake :( what thread was that in again?!
I miss the iPhone 5 trades from two summers ago (or was it three?). Was buying them off Amazon for like $400-450 and trading them in for $750.

We need to bring forth a rejuvenation. A renaissance of a kinder and gentler CAG.

I fondly hearken back to the days when we could post memes and racy pics of our significant others and spouses without fear of retribution. A time where we could ask the same noob questions ad-nauseam without the fear of being pummeled verbally. A time where we could walk hand in hand...skipping happily while we listened to Coldplay covers by Me First and The Gimme Gimmes.

I miss those times.

Hard to believe that was nearly 2 years ago :)
That was back then when trading was super easy. There weren't many controls. No IDs, thresholds, limits, more gaming deals in general (BB coupons, AMZ and TRU were gaming competitive) and continuous ongoing trade promos.

We need to bring forth a rejuvenation. A renaissance of a kinder and gentler CAG.

I fondly hearken back to the days when we could post memes and racy pics of our significant others and spouses without fear of retribution. A time where we could ask the same noob questions ad-nauseam without the fear of being pummeled verbally. A time where we could walk hand in hand...skipping happily while we listened to Coldplay covers by Me First and The Gimme Gimmes.

I miss those times.
Nice to reminisce right now since I'm stuck in the most boring day at work ever...and the most boring day on CAG so far.

I feel your pain.

I'm sitting in a small town insurance agency...doing my best impersonation of someone that's actually doing work. 

So on their website they have a $100 credit towards a new xbox one or ps4, and the TIV for the XB1 and PS4 are both $175, would that mean I would get $275 in credit towards a new one?

EDIT: Nevermind, its at the very bottom of the page, nowhere near the ad lol

If you want your local gamestop to order a game which isn't available there from another gs store, can you pay right away before the item arrives with your powerup points?

If you want your local gamestop to order a game which isn't available there from another gs store, can you pay right away before the item arrives with your powerup points?
You wouldn't be able to pay for it till the item is physically at the store because it needs to be received first. If it was sold before the inventory would get messed up.

You wouldn't be able to pay for it till the item is physically at the store because it needs to be received first. If it was sold before the inventory would get messed up.
Makes sense. Sucks but I doubt any collector's editions at gamestop would go on sale during black friday anyway

Makes sense. Sucks but I doubt any collector's editions at gamestop would go on sale during black friday anyway
Yeah probably not. Sucks because before they would convert CEs to used to move them but now since they sell statues and what not they will hang on to them longer and take the statue out to display it and sell it.

I miss the days of $120 CEs being $20.

I just learned of the Elite bundle earlier today and kinda got interested in trying to upgrade...but I can't seem to find the $250 promo anywhere...

Getting a 1TB SSD, Elite Controller, and Battlefront for $250+tax is a decent deal...not the best, but doable. Or maybe I should just wait...

I just learned of the Elite bundle earlier today and kinda got interested in trying to upgrade...but I can't seem to find the $250 promo anywhere...

Getting a 1TB SSD, Elite Controller, and Battlefront for $250+tax is a decent deal...not the best, but doable. Or maybe I should just wait...
It is a sshd not ssd.

The $250 TIV is over, replaced by a $175 TIV + $50 bonus TIV if you are PUR Pro (with coopun).

So on their website they have a $100 credit towards a new xbox one or ps4, and the TIV for the XB1 and PS4 are both $175, would that mean I would get $275 in credit towards a new one?

EDIT: Nevermind, its at the very bottom of the page, nowhere near the ad lol
What did you see at the bottom?

Are Amazon Kindle gift cards still purchasable with GS gift cards with the new GS gift card limitation policy?

[quote name="pstash78" post="13038430" timestamp="1447900944"]Are Amazon Kindle gift cards still purchasable with GS gift cards with the new GS gift card limitation policy?[/quote]

I purchased some 2 days ago with credit on my powerup rewards card.

GC Trade Credits > GS GC

Gift cards can't buy gift cards and you are taxed. Trade credits are exactly like cash but you are committed to spend it at GS minus tax in most states.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back