GameStop Trade & Promos XXVII: Values available on the website and on Android/iOS app.

Status
Not open for further replies.

JP

CAG Veteran
Feedback
181 (100%)
WELCOME TO THE NEW GAMESTOP TRADE-IN THREAD.

The new thread format will be a work in progress but this first post will be the promos that are active and useful information, but also wikified. The second post will currently be frequently asked questions but may move it into the first post. Post three will be historical trade-in values from before the list.

Trade-in Values Available at: http://www.gamestop.com/trade

Also on GameStop app on iOS and Android

Upcoming Promotions/Information:

From GameStop employees on CAG:

GameStop.com Information (will post it when they update it)

Guaranteed $30/$40 on select games (Varying End Dates)

GameStop.com said:

Last edited by a moderator:
My wife's iphone died, won't power on at all.

stupid gamestop only offers $5 lol

$40 for ac syndicate? I might have to trade it at gamestop but I have to think of what good s*** I should get from there on black friday

Not always. Remember Arkham Knight.
We just had this discussion. Arkham Knight wasnt getting the guarantee promo bump. There was a different promo running that when you bought something you get $5 extra for trading in Arkham Knight so thats why it was trading in for so high.

With Arkham knight I got an additional $10 bonus on top of the 50% boost when trade value was $30. Then when they raised the base later in the week to $35 i only got an additional $5. What do 30+$10 and $35+$5 both add up to? It required a purchase to glitch the system and get both bonuses to trigger but the second promo was for the guaranteed $40. Still have all the receipts. Same promo code both times, different bonus value due to a change in base value.

That's a promotion, the system will select whichever one is better. Base is $25.

$30 Credit: $25+$5 PROMO+2.50 PUR=$32.50

50%: $25*1.5+2.5 PUR=$40
So I can't get $45 for halo 5 you're saying? that sucks I really want to trade it in for ROTTR

This might be a dumb question, but has anyone traded in a non working ps4 recently and if so was the refurb fee still $120? I think my ps4 just shit the bed.

Every time I go to GS, I get mind boggled of how people just throw money away on new games. Dude hands over cash to pay for his new $64.19 title. Are people really that unaware of sales, price matches, pre-order discounts (BB GCU), and Black Friday sales? Geez, it's ridiculous. 

Every time I go to GS, I get mind boggled of how people just throw money away on new games. Dude hands over cash to pay for his new $64.19 title. Are people really that unaware of sales, price matches, pre-order discounts (BB GCU), and Black Friday sales? Geez, it's ridiculous.
It would seem so, Watched a guy buy his son a PS4, Dualshock 4, Ps Plus and Batman: AK. Full price out the door.

They're the same people that even if you tell them about a deal they act annoyed. Some people hate money I guess. I only help people I know will appreciate it, otherwise I sound like a crazy person.

If you ever watch Twitch you will see them talk about whether or not the game is worth it. And they always talk about $60. Never about getting it cheaper. I think most people pay msrp for new titles. It's insanity.

Casuals who buy a couple games a year, parents, etc. value their time over the potential savings.  I mean really, who would wish our lifestyle on anyone?

Do you guys think the prices are going to drop a lot tomorrow. I want to trade in syndicate and fallout. But of course I want most amount possible.

It's worth paying extra for the Gamestop experience. They're even nice enough to open the new games for you so you don't have to go through the hassle. Plus they offer free services like telling you how much money you've saved in the past year with PUR Pro and how much credit you have left on your card (very loudly so every customer can hear, which makes you look rich). And I can't leave without buying a game warranty or pre-ordering a new game because the cashier convinces me every time.

It's worth paying extra for the Gamestop experience. They're even nice enough to open the new games for you so you don't have to go through the hassle. Plus they offer free services like telling you how much money you've saved in the past year with PUR Pro and how much credit you have left on your card (very loudly so every customer can hear, which makes you look rich). And I can't leave without buying a game warranty or pre-ordering a new game because the cashier convinces me every time.
My GameStop employees personally test their new games to make sure they work. That alone is worth it to me.

Pfft... All you chumps only paying $56.99 for games. Just buy multiple copies of out of print $69.99 wii games to support GameStop's totally ethical business values.
Lightweight.

ovnU0Bt.png

lol I've been enjoying the thread responses today. Best thread of the day so far.

As for the MSRP stuff, a lot of people are content with the convenience of shopping at a place like Gamestop. My aunt knows all about my gaming and deal hunting here and she still went out to pay full price for a Wii game for my cousin at Target without bothering to ask me first.

Searched through the thread and the last reply was on the 8th regarding the eBay gift cards. Are you still able to purchase eBay gift cards with gamestop gift cards?

lol I've been enjoying the thread responses today. Best thread of the day so far.
As for the MSRP stuff, a lot of people are content with the convenience of shopping at a place like Gamestop. My aunt knows all about my gaming and deal hunting here and she still went out to pay full price for a Wii game for my cousin at Target without bothering to ask me first.
My wife does the same shit, I tell her all the time not to buy me games or electronics because I can always get them cheaper. What does she do? Gets me XBL/PSN codes!

i dont know why you complaining so much, at least your wife is full support on your gaming. its better to have a wife who buy you full retail games than to a wife who complain a lot if you buy a cheap games!

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back