GameStop Trade & Promos XXVII: Values available on the website and on Android/iOS app.

Status
Not open for further replies.

JP

CAG Veteran
Feedback
181 (100%)
WELCOME TO THE NEW GAMESTOP TRADE-IN THREAD.

The new thread format will be a work in progress but this first post will be the promos that are active and useful information, but also wikified. The second post will currently be frequently asked questions but may move it into the first post. Post three will be historical trade-in values from before the list.

Trade-in Values Available at: http://www.gamestop.com/trade

Also on GameStop app on iOS and Android

Upcoming Promotions/Information:

From GameStop employees on CAG:

GameStop.com Information (will post it when they update it)

Guaranteed $30/$40 on select games (Varying End Dates)

GameStop.com said:

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name="Helldweller87" post="13045401" timestamp="1448205243"]When trading a Dualshock 4 controller, i can't remember but is anything else required with the controller or is it fine by itself?[/quote]

Just need the controller

When trading a Dualshock 4 controller, i can't remember but is anything else required with the controller or is it fine by itself?
only controller is needed no cables. Thats for DS4 and Xbox controllers, the latter doesn't need batteries either.

and yeah check your GS hours, the ones around here don't open till 11am on sundays.

Went into my closet and hit the motherload of Wii accessories. Time to drop all those off since I have zero intentions of ever using a Wii console again.

I always knew buying every cheap Wii accessory I saw at thrift stores would pay off!

Just to confirm: GS > eBay GC > BB GC still works, right?

It takes a few hours for the eBay GC to be ready and then another few hours for the BB GC to show up?

Just to confirm: GS > eBay GC > BB GC still works, right?

It takes a few hours for the eBay GC to be ready and then another few hours for the BB GC to show up?
Be aware that eBay is very finicky about buying gift certs with gift cards. Most of the time it works, but there are hidden thresholds to every account where once you go beyond that number it just won't let you buy GCs with GCs no matter what, and customer service can't help you. It varies from account to account too, like some people with new or rarely used accounts can't spend more than $50 while other more active ebayers can buy hundreds and hundreds.

i.e. don't buy $500 of eBay GCs at gamestop and try to use it to buy $500 of BBY GCs on an ebay account you haven't ever used, it probably won't work

Be aware that eBay is very finicky about buying gift certs with gift cards. Most of the time it works, but there are hidden thresholds to every account where once you go beyond that number it just won't let you buy GCs with GCs no matter what, and customer service can't help you. It varies from account to account too, like some people with new or rarely used accounts can't spend more than $50 while other more active ebayers can buy hundreds and hundreds.

i.e. don't buy $500 of eBay GCs at gamestop and try to use it to buy $500 of BBY GCs on an ebay account you haven't ever used, it probably won't work
So what is the point of selling something in the eBay store but we can't use any payment method we want. And they are Bestbuy e-gift cards we are getting not certificates.

Ouch, I think I am ban from trading at Gamestop for life. I originally got banned in the summer during the 50% promo and I stupidly contacted them to see how long I would have to wait until I can trade in again, was told I have to wait 90 days for the investigation to determine if and when. Well 90 days passed and no response so I went to trade in my 360 for the Xbox One promo a few weeks ago, traded it in fine so I thought my temp trade ban was over until I got this message this morning:

We sincerely apologize for the delayed response to your e-mail. We have contacted the department in charge and provided then with your account information. They have reviewed your transactions and identified a violation of our terms and conditions on your PowerUp Rewards account. GameStop reserves the right to cease taking trades, we'll no longer accept trades from you.

Ouch, I think I am ban from trading at Gamestop for life. I originally got banned in the summer during the 50% promo and I stupidly contacted them to see how long I would have to wait until I can trade in again, was told I have to wait 90 days for the investigation to determine if and when. Well 90 days passed and no response so I went to trade in my 360 for the Xbox One promo a few weeks ago, traded it in fine so I thought my temp trade ban was over until I got this message this morning:

We sincerely apologize for the delayed response to your e-mail. We have contacted the department in charge and provided then with your account information. They have reviewed your transactions and identified a violation of our terms and conditions on your PowerUp Rewards account. GameStop reserves the right to cease taking trades, we'll no longer accept trades from you.
Damn, that's intense.

The next time you trade the DM comes to your house with a baseball bat to reclaim the procard.

[quote name="Bobby's Universe" post="13045526" timestamp="1448209495"]Will Gamestop typically accept an Xbox 360 controller if it's missing the battery cover?[/quote]

Nope. (From my experience anyways, can't hurt to ask. May vary)

Any good flips anybody found? I found about $200 worth of stuff laying around I'm going to trade in but if there's any flips I'll fo that also.
Probably going to get Black Ops 3 and the rest Amazon gift cards.

Idk why, but it's hard for me to trade a brand new black ds4 instead of one I have been using...simply because I have been using a Magma Red -.-

Any good flips anybody found? I found about $200 worth of stuff laying around I'm going to trade in but if there's any flips I'll fo that also.
Probably going to get Black Ops 3 and the rest Amazon gift cards.
Minecraft is a good flip I found. Buy it at red box and It trades in for $12.80

Everything is good to go in stores. Just traded in a couple Xbox adapters, minecraft :360: ps4 controller, ps3 controllers, and Xbox one controller

Just traded a ds4 and Rise of the Tomb Raider for $84. Going to pick up a new ds4 Friday. Still trying to decide if I want to do the whole ebay to bb thing.

[quote name="neonon19s" post="13045555" timestamp="1448210468"]Minecraft is a good flip I found. Buy it at red box and It trades in for $12.80[/quote]

Which version?

[quote name="neonon19s" post="13045573" timestamp="1448210870"]I found 2 copies of the :360: regular version from local redboxes to trade[/quote]

All of them.
Awesome. Didn't know they all had the same trade value. Just checked online and right down the road they have a PS3 and 360 version.

Will GameStop give me crap about the Redbox barcode thing in the center? Or do I need to remove the sticker and then use some goo gone to get the adhesive off.

Awesome. Didn't know they all had the same trade value. Just checked online and right down the road they have a PS3 and 360 version.Will GameStop give me crap about the Redbox barcode thing in the center? Or do I need to remove the sticker and then use some goo gone to get the adhesive off.
I just traded a ton of Redbox games and the guy didn't even flinch. I recommend not removing the stickers because it's almost impossible and you can destroy the disc accidently in the process.

with the points from the trade in you actually get about the same at best buy.
Thats a good point, and I dont have to deal with the eBay GC route (assistant manager at my local store does not allow you to purchase those cards with trade credit). Will be taking a few games there today anyway though and maybe a DS4.

Success! Thanks for the heads up guys!

e5f086e94f78134db803ec0f3e49fdd2.jpg

I just traded a ton of Redbox games and the guy didn't even flinch. I recommend not removing the stickers because it's almost impossible and you can destroy the disc accidently in the process.
Yea I took mine in the red box case and he didn't care at all either

Just traded in about $200 worth and tried getting shell gas cards. Was told Gamestop no longer allows the purchase of gift cards with credit. I know this happened to a few other a few months back. Happened in Greenville Ohio

[quote name="EldritchOnRye" post="13045651" timestamp="1448213242"]Trades working good so far? No issues?[/quote]

Yep. Just got out with $75 credit and they let me buy Amazon gift cards just fine. Thought I'd mention that since some say they're not. It could differ from store to store or location? I don't know.

Grabbed watch dogs for the $6.99 sale price also (with steelbook!) however it rung up for $14.99 for some reason but after telling him it was on sale he manually changed it after showing him the ad.

Well at least they were cordial towards you.

I tried to trade some adapters and the guy kept saying to me can't take em can't take em sounding like some damn parrot.

Just traded in about $200 worth and tried getting shell gas cards. Was told Gamestop no longer allows the purchase of gift cards with credit. I know this happened to a few other a few months back. Happened in Greenville Ohio
Looks like that policy is slowly creeping in. As I mentioned earlier this week my gamestop manager said certain gift cards weren't allowed to be bought /(at a Western PA location). While just yesterday at another GS 5 miles away in a different district nothing came up. So it's spotty depending on how fast their DM get's his info from corporate, but probably coming.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back