GameStop Trade & Promos XXVII: Values available on the website and on Android/iOS app.

Status
Not open for further replies.

JP

CAG Veteran
Feedback
181 (100%)
WELCOME TO THE NEW GAMESTOP TRADE-IN THREAD.

The new thread format will be a work in progress but this first post will be the promos that are active and useful information, but also wikified. The second post will currently be frequently asked questions but may move it into the first post. Post three will be historical trade-in values from before the list.

Trade-in Values Available at: http://www.gamestop.com/trade

Also on GameStop app on iOS and Android

Upcoming Promotions/Information:

From GameStop employees on CAG:

GameStop.com Information (will post it when they update it)

Guaranteed $30/$40 on select games (Varying End Dates)

GameStop.com said:

Last edited by a moderator:
Looks like that policy is slowly creeping in. As I mentioned earlier this week my gamestop manager said certain gift cards weren't allowed to be bought /(at a Western PA location). While just yesterday at another GS 5 miles away in a different district nothing came up. So it's spotty, but probably coming.
no use for gamestop anymore then, time spent moving credit from gamestop to bestbuy/amazon usually isnt worth it

no use for gamestop anymore then, time spent moving credit from gamestop to bestbuy/amazon usually isnt worth it
I totally agree. Outside of maybe a retro buy 2 get 1 sale. In general it's BS at any store that doesn't allow gift cards to be use on everything sold in store.

does anyone know if they can see what you've recently traded in? i plan on going to two different stores that are close to each other..since i wanna trade in 2 copies of 1 game along with some other accessories so I was thinking to avoid the awkwardness to just go to two separate gamestops ..thanks :)

does anyone know if they can see what you've recently traded in? i plan on going to two different stores that are close to each other..since i wanna trade in 2 copies of 1 game along with some other accessories so I was thinking to avoid the awkwardness to just go to two separate gamestops ..thanks :)
I think that if they snoop around they are able to find your last 5 transactions

I don't know if anybody has said it yet but the St. Jude extra 10% trade in bonus does NOT stack with the special 50% bonus. I just tried it, didn't work.

Lady triple rang up something. Was supposed to be $244. Came up $319. Then she checked right before I swiped my card lol.

Guess it's a good thing.

PSA: Don't forget to get the trade back card for trading on Tuesday if need it be. This is what the card looks like if the employees at your store are clueless:

Front:

7L9rG7Z.jpg

Back: (Blacked out part is a barcode with EBC code underneath the barcode).

LT5WdTL.jpg

Ouch, I think I am ban from trading at Gamestop for life. I originally got banned in the summer during the 50% promo and I stupidly contacted them to see how long I would have to wait until I can trade in again, was told I have to wait 90 days for the investigation to determine if and when. Well 90 days passed and no response so I went to trade in my 360 for the Xbox One promo a few weeks ago, traded it in fine so I thought my temp trade ban was over until I got this message this morning:

We sincerely apologize for the delayed response to your e-mail. We have contacted the department in charge and provided then with your account information. They have reviewed your transactions and identified a violation of our terms and conditions on your PowerUp Rewards account. GameStop reserves the right to cease taking trades, we'll no longer accept trades from you.
So they temp banned you, let you trade one thing in to get your hopes up, then hit you with the permanent ban. Those tricky fudgers.

This is off-topic but since I know some of you own the lunar white controller I have a question. Does the right stick feel like it has less tension then the left one? I bought one and it seems like that's the case with mine.

Did they ask why you had so many adapters ?
I've done this in the past as well and was asked and told the truth and said I bought them with the intention on trading them in for profit.

The employee just laughed and said "its always good to have a plan!".

Got $44 each for my extra PS4 controllers and traded in my recent games like Fallout and BO3, some unfinished (MGS5) no problems at all.  Majora Mask 3DS is giving $32 which is a fantastic value for a $40 game.  

Didn't get a 50% tuesday bonus coupon but no big deal, don't plan on going in anyways.  DId the $1 St Judes donation but it didn't bump the values for any of the ps4/xbone games.

Means you have that amount on your PUR card.
Great, thanks. I have no idea what it's from, but I'm glad to have found it!

E: Any idea if this can be used online? When I go through the checkout process, I don't see an option to apply that value.

Does GS have any limitation on the amount of games that you can trade in? Just tried to trade in 2 copies of Halo 5 today but they said they can take only 1 @_@

Small town, small store, I know the employees and manager. Live next door to the assistant manager.  Four 360 Slim adapters traded in and 3 Xbox One adapters traded in. Under the magical number of 5 for each.  I buy from there all the time.

I think I'll be ok. If not then I guess I'll just open a new account. This isn't life or death, here.

What happened to the b2g1 on black friday which i thought was in the leaked ad?. They gave me the paper ad at GS and no mention of any such thing in it

Out of curiosity where do you even get that many adapters?
Chinese knock-off power supplies. Hmm...you could do that - but I went a different route. I purchased OEM adapters from 2 different sellers on eBay using GameStop credit into an eBay gift card.

I'm not gonna fob off those inferior Chinese replica power supplies at my local store.

Signed up for Pro on Friday to get the $50 PS4 trade bonus. Still no sign of the coupon in my account. Is there any way to get the bonus without the coupon?

What do you mean? I got an ebay gift card about 3 hours ago and already have my BB gift cards from ebay.
I read that the ebay cards could take hours to activate?? I haven't tried mine yet though.

Edit: just checked and its not active yet

Signed up for Pro on Friday to get the $50 PS4 trade bonus. Still no sign of the coupon in my account. Is there any way to get the bonus without the coupon?
I signed up for pro today. A code for $50 console trade in bonus printed out at the bottom of the receipt. Did you double check your receipt?

Lusal.... I would have given you more than 16 cents for Metal Gear Solid 4 !
I'm sorry, man. I was an idiot for letting them have it for that. My GF is moving in with me and I'm just hastily cleaning shit.

I had a small plan with this 50% trade in bump with the power supplies and spare controllers I had laying around...the rest of the items I just grabbed by the stack and tossed into a bag.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back