GameStop Trade & Promos XXVII: Values available on the website and on Android/iOS app.

Status
Not open for further replies.

JP

CAG Veteran
Feedback
181 (100%)
WELCOME TO THE NEW GAMESTOP TRADE-IN THREAD.

The new thread format will be a work in progress but this first post will be the promos that are active and useful information, but also wikified. The second post will currently be frequently asked questions but may move it into the first post. Post three will be historical trade-in values from before the list.

Trade-in Values Available at: http://www.gamestop.com/trade

Also on GameStop app on iOS and Android

Upcoming Promotions/Information:

From GameStop employees on CAG:

GameStop.com Information (will post it when they update it)

Guaranteed $30/$40 on select games (Varying End Dates)

GameStop.com said:

Last edited by a moderator:
Got a quick question about the whole ebay giftcards to best buy gift cards.  I bought a $50 best buy gift card with my ebay giftcard a couple days ago.  It shows up on my transaction history on paypal.  It says it was paid by giftcard but seeing it there with all of my cash spendings makes me nervous. That's normal right?

Got a quick question about the whole ebay giftcards to best buy gift cards. I bought a $50 best buy gift card with my ebay giftcard a couple days ago. It shows up on my transaction history on paypal. It says it was paid by giftcard but seeing it there with all of my cash spendings makes me nervous. That's normal right?
Yeah, it shows you paid for it like normal and then in the PayPal transaction it's marked off as having used the GC.

non-trade in related srry but have some points to spend generated from tradeins lol, the Sailor Moon figurines look nice, no idea why they have various values with Venus being lower than Jupiter and Pluto and none of the others are offered, anyways...

Anyone own any bags from their Rewards Catalog & how is the quality??? It would be nice if it listed the dimensions to know how tiny this might be and stuff coz right now I have no idea what to get, I like them all lol, but don't have enough points to get all of them lol, so how is the quality like is this screenprinted where it will probably rub off after a while because underneath those colored items, its just white fabric that's been screenprinted on or is it like printed into the fabric and do these have like cell phone pockets or whatever inside for:

edit: ok so the links didn't work somehow, think they're coded specifically for me when I reclicked without being logged into my GS acct lol.. so just relinked to the pix instead of page...

Star Wars BB8 Satchel Bag

Star Wars Boba Fett Reversible Backpack

Zelda All Over Print Knapsack

Zelda Black Messenger Bag

Zelda Cartridge 3D Backpack

Star Wars Boba Fett Helmet Backpack

Halo Tactical Messenger Bag

And just to make sure, the 3/4 limit per title per platform, resets every month right?

And is that calendar month or the rolling previous 30 days?
The quality differs from item to item, but most of them are not that great and fall apart in about 6 months of regular use. I have friends with pretty much everything you linked to (I only don't know about the Fett Helmet backpack and Zelda cart) and the only thing that has lasted well at all is the Halo Messenger bag. Worst one seems to be the BB-8 bag. One of my friend's that got that one had it fall apart on her within two weeks. It fell apart where the zipper was connected too, so it was a poor product type of problem. Luckily, she told PUR and they just gave her the points back.

I checked the balance on my gift cards, the money is there. However when I'm trying to checkout and apply the balance to the best buy digital gift card purchase it isn't deducting it from my total. I haven't read all the posts... am I missing something?

I checked the balance on my gift cards, the money is there. However when I'm trying to checkout and apply the balance to the best buy digital gift card purchase it isn't deducting it from my total. I haven't read all the posts... am I missing something?
Is it possible you hit a limit? There was one other guy a few days ago that couldn't use his on gift cards, and eBay Cs was no help...only saying you can't buy GC with GC.

$5000 is the limit in 180 days. iirc

Ok. So I tried purchasing a video game just for shits and giggles to see if the gift card would apply. And it did not. I check the balance on ebay.com and there for sure is a balance.

I have not exceeded $5000. No where near that. So this is interesting. I wonder if they dropped it from $5000.

Is it possible you hit a limit? There was one other guy a few days ago that couldn't use his on gift cards, and eBay Cs was no help...only saying you can't buy GC with GC.
I didn't hit a limit. It was just I couldn't proceed to check out. GC were fine a day after calling.

fucking Gamestop won't let you check on the web interface for in store inventory for Fallout 4 or Call of Duty Black Ops 3, but the android app works fine.  For anyone else thinking about dipping into the B2G1F today.

Best Buy TIVs have tanked unfortunately (B2G1 used there too), so you are taking a gamble on whether they will stay the same or slightly better next week.  I don't think we'll see any $40 TIVs next week there, and we already know there isn't a 50% bonus.

clerk at my store (NE) yesterday said they were no longer allowing Amazon and "a bunch of other" POSA cards to be purchased with credit.

i'd just bought eBay cards the day before, so i dunno if the register actually won't allow or if it's up to the employee.

clerk at my store (NE) yesterday said they were no longer allowing Amazon and "a bunch of other" POSA cards to be purchased with credit.i'd just bought eBay cards the day before, so i dunno if the register actually won't allow or if it's up to the employee.
I do not believe the register blocks it as it is a "firable offense" now. IIRC a few states/cities they cannot legally block you from buying them without explicit exclusionary language.

Either way, it's dumb.

My store manager said it was a dumb change because he's already seen an increase in people taking the cash option. I guess that means they will need to keep more cash on-hand.

I don't blame GS employees reporting back to HQ about credit to gc swapping that has been going on

Just yesterday, I was in line and watched a white trash hood rat vanilla ice wannabee arguing with a GS employee that they didn't have EBAY cards when the store uptown told him that this store supposedly had those cards.

Then he goes, I want to put all my credit onto that ebay card, after asking the employee to check his credit

Let me guess what sites he's been reading this shit on. 

Just when, GS have been getting new shipments of cards too, they now even carry WHOLE FOOD GC ,  I can basically do grocery shopping to thanks too GS.

So you farktards STFU!! If you been buying GC with credit awesome, but coming to the interwebs and bragging about credit swapping is going to kill everything

Now people that usually don't trade to GS, are now trading just so they can do the credit swap game too. 

I don't blame GS employees reporting back to HQ about credit to gc swapping that has been going on

Just yesterday, I was in line and watched a white trash hood rat vanilla ice wannabee arguing with a GS employee that they didn't have EBAY cards when the store uptown told him that this store supposedly had those cards.

Then he goes, I want to put all my credit onto that ebay card, after asking the employee to check his credit

Just when GS have been getting new shipments of cards in too, they now even carry WHOLE FOOD GC , I can basically do gocery shopping to thanks to GS.

So you farktards STFU!! If you been buying GC with credit awesome, but coming to the interwebs and bragging about credit swapping is going to kill everything

Now people that usually don't trade to GS, are now trading just so they can do the credit swap game too.
Oh no

[quote name="Finger_Shocker" post="13055060" timestamp="1448481063"]I don't blame GS employees reporting back to HQ about credit to gc swapping that has been going on

Just when, GS have been getting new shipments of cards too, they now even carry WHOLE FOOD GC , I can basically do grocery shopping to thanks too GS.

Now people that usually don't trade to GS, are now trading just so they can do the credit swap game too. [/quote]

Get a load of this guy.

I think the whole no GC with trade credit may be YMMV. I don't think that Gamestop is going to limit anyone from trading anything because ultimately that is what they make their money on. Sure they don't want you to use your credit on something low margin or no margin such as POSA cards but they are going to make plenty off the reselling of the items you traded to make it worth it to them. If you have been turned down and are concerned I would ask to speak to a DM, at store level they may just be following the managers desires, and trying to take away from people trading in or trying to protect/increase their stores profitability for their own benefit.

Just when, GS have been getting new shipments of cards too, they now even carry WHOLE FOOD GC , I can basically do grocery shopping to thanks too GS.

please-leave.gif

It seems to me that all these derisive replies means that no one gives a sh!t, and I bet soon enough the only POSA cards we'll be able to buy are Steam / MS / PSN money and some of those miscellaneous ones.

You're underestimating the shittiness of Gamestop.
Ask to see where the policy is outlined is it posted any where in store or on a receipt? Because by that same token you would be telling people they couldn't trade games in and purchase DLC because it would be a digital sale, or PSN/Xbox gift cards which is very much a thing at Gamestop because they focus on attachment sales.

It seems to me that all these derisive replies means that no one gives a sh!t, and I bet soon enough the only POSA cards we'll be able to buy are Steam / MS / PSN money and some of those miscellaneous ones.
But that's what a different CAG was saying months before. It's just only a few were affected at a time. It just seems it's growing larger.

Hey I'd like to be able to buy gift cards with credit in the future, don't get too crazy now. They don't even sell other store gift cards at my best buys anymore.

Ask to see where the policy is outlined is it posted any where in store or on a receipt? Because by that same token you would be telling people they couldn't trade games in and purchase DLC because it would be a digital sale, or PSN/Xbox gift cards which is very much a thing at Gamestop because they focus on attachment sales.
I understand what you're saying, but this is all assuming that most Gamestop employees/managers are rational human beings. That is rarely the case.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back