GameStop Trade & Promos XXVII: Values available on the website and on Android/iOS app.

Status
Not open for further replies.

JP

CAG Veteran
Feedback
181 (100%)
WELCOME TO THE NEW GAMESTOP TRADE-IN THREAD.

The new thread format will be a work in progress but this first post will be the promos that are active and useful information, but also wikified. The second post will currently be frequently asked questions but may move it into the first post. Post three will be historical trade-in values from before the list.

Trade-in Values Available at: http://www.gamestop.com/trade

Also on GameStop app on iOS and Android

Upcoming Promotions/Information:

From GameStop employees on CAG:

GameStop.com Information (will post it when they update it)

Guaranteed $30/$40 on select games (Varying End Dates)

GameStop.com said:

Last edited by a moderator:
Any way to flip powerup rewards points to gift cards?

I have 15k, enough for a $15 reward certificate but i can't use it on GCs
Just save them. eventually you'll reach 100k and then there will be a 50% deal on preowned certs and you can get $250 :)

That would be yesterday, but hey maybe it happens again.

Most people don't seem to care.

Though I do love arguing with people who try to return a new game and want a full refund because they didn't like it.

(and before anyone says anything no they werent bought gutted. We have so many copies of Star Wars I dont think we'll ever get to the last copies lol)

Some guy said selling cocaine is better than what Gamestop does.
Even before working there I never really had a problem with Gamestop. I don't agree with everything they do but I always understood why they do things that they do.

To me it ways always simple, if you don't want to buy a gutted game you don't have to and if you dont like the value that is being offered then do the work and sell it yourself. Always just how i felt lol.

Even before working there I never really had a problem with Gamestop. I don't agree with everything they do but I always understood why they do things that they do.

To me it ways always simple, if you don't want to buy a gutted game you don't have to and if you dont like the value that is being offered then do the work and sell it yourself. Always just how i felt lol.
Some people don't want to do the work and expect Gamestop to give them $50 for a year old game.

That some horrible TIV for games they have currently, not even a 40 for anything....

30 for tom clancy ... That's a crime
Yeah I don't know why they didn't do a $40 current gen/$30 last gen thing like last year, guess they lost a bunch of money on the sports/AC/CoD games? Hopefully there will be some "we need newer trades" weekend promo like they did recently and in the summer.

Do you know if BB offered a $10 rc for that game? I completely missed it if they did
Edit: Siege did, JC 3 did not.

I have a factory sealed Gold Edition of Fallout 4 from BB I've been trying to sell on EBay for 2 weeks and just got my first offer on it tonight. I understand the new games only getting $30 is BS but people pissed that GTA V is under $10 on old gen and other stuff I've seen need to do their own legwork.

lol, if someone trades it in it gets moved to defective. We don't want and I think they throw it in the trash when we send it out.
I have no idea what happens once it gets back to the warehouse. I know we don't throw anything in the trash anymore unless its field destroy but even then the DM has to come and trash it.

Most people don't seem to care.

Though I do love arguing with people who try to return a new game and want a full refund because they didn't like it.

(and before anyone says anything no they werent bought gutted. We have so many copies of Star Wars I dont think we'll ever get to the last copies lol)
Tonight I saw a guy want to return R6S because he didn't like it. Apparently one of that store's holiday hires didn't tell him the game was essentially online only so b/c of that they did a return of it as a preowned copy, which was pretty nice of them, but the guy still lost money as he had bought the Gold Edition.

I wish someone encouraged me to keep them back when I was naive.
Same store last weekend someone who had just upgraded to the New Zelda 3DS XL tried trading in the LBW 3DS XL and they advised him to try to sell it himself since the TIV was only $40.

Tonight I saw a guy want to return R6S because he didn't like it. Apparently one of that store's holiday hires didn't tell him the game was essentially online only so b/c of that they did a return of it as a preowned copy, which was pretty nice of them, but the guy still lost money as he had bought the Gold Edition.
Yeah that's something we can do but honestly I don't like to do that and thats just from years of working retail in general. You bought it new and the return policy at any retailer on media is pretty clear that once you open it you can't return it because you don't like it.

Also its not an employees job to inform someone if a game is on line only or not imo. If they ask questions about it sure but if you buy a game and do no research on it to see what its like that's on you.

Yeah that's something we can do but honestly I don't like to do that and thats just from years of working retail in general. You bought it new and the return policy at any retailer on media is pretty clear that once you open it you can't return it because you don't like it.

Also its not an employees job to inform someone if a game is on line only or not imo. If they ask questions about it sure but if you buy a game and do no research on it to see what its line that's on you.
I Agree

Somewhat Gamestop related but I bought the Uncharted Collection from Newegg and the game was not new at all, it was a poorly resealed game. The disc was loose in the case and I think it was gutted from the PS4 Bundle since there was a not for resale wording on the case, which Newegg cover it up by placing their own bar code made label on top of it, resealed with plastic, and sold it. 

Somewhat Gamestop related but I bought the Uncharted Collection from Newegg and the game was not new at all, it was a poorly resealed game. The disc was loose in the case and I think it was gutted from the PS4 Bundle since there was a not for resale wording on the case, which Newegg cover it up by placing their own bar code made label on top of it, resealed with plastic, and sold it.
That's Newegg for you.

Yeah, I thought this would be something Gamestop would do and not Newegg. Just surprise that Newegg does this stuff. 

Somewhat Gamestop related but I bought the Uncharted Collection from Newegg and the game was not new at all, it was a poorly resealed game. The disc was loose in the case and I think it was gutted from the PS4 Bundle since there was a not for resale wording on the case, which Newegg cover it up by placing their own bar code made label on top of it, resealed with plastic, and sold it.
Woah that is messed up , I would return that shit even though I know it's a hassle with newegg sometimes.

How strict is Gamestop on returns? I have 3-4 items (still sealed) that I have bought in the holiday return period that are all lower prices now...I know I can return/rebuy but don't want to flag my account.

How strict is Gamestop on returns? I have 3-4 items (still sealed) that I have bought in the holiday return period that are all lower prices now...I know I can return/rebuy but don't want to flag my account.
Just don't return them all in one trip and you should be fine--maybe spread them out across several weeks (1 or 2 per week).

Just don't return them all in one trip and you should be fine--maybe spread them out across several weeks (1 or 2 per week).
Or if the prices are going to change after this week, you might try different stores at least to make it less likely for them to pay attention.

went in on 11/30 to trade in a couple of items (total $57.50) and get a kindle card on same transaction. was told email had gone out that morning that no more gift cards on credit ... store manager called his manager to confirm .. was a no go

personally, this is an ender if I can't move my monies around will just stick to trade ins on Amazon

went in on 11/30 to trade in a couple of items (total $57.50) and get a kindle card on same transaction. was told email had gone out that morning that no more gift cards on credit ... store manager called his manager to confirm .. was a no go

personally, this is an ender if I can't move my monies around will just stick to trade ins on Amazon
It's the end of a Golden Era.

That is a serious bummer!!

That's terrible that they don't allow that anymore at your store. It's weird because I just came from a GameStop maybe 10 mins ago and the guy was actually telling me I should use my leftover credit to buy shell and Amazon cards. I was surprised because this is the first time any employee I've encountered told me that.

Man, I'm kinda glad that PDG gave me all those Sephora gift cards now lol j/k

Has anyone gotten that Sephora gift card issue fixed?

[quote name="Bobby's Universe" post="13075931" timestamp="1449086763"]Man, I'm kinda glad that PDG gave me all those Sephora gift cards now lol j/k

Has anyone gotten that Sephora gift card issue fixed?[/quote]
Some people finally received the correct GS gift card yesterday. Some report that the Sephora gift card that they possess is still active. I still have not received an refund or the correct GS gift card.

That's terrible that they don't allow that anymore at your store. It's weird because I just came from a GameStop maybe 10 mins ago and the guy was actually telling me I should use my leftover credit to buy shell and Amazon cards. I was surprised because this is the first time any employee I've encountered told me that.
They probably knew you were a part of CAG. Just dropping a hint.

Hopefully they will let us buy ebay gift cards? I know before, some stores were only restricting gift cards to be used on anything except Kindle and gas cards only.

Theres a 4x eBay bucks promo going on right now ($150+ purchase) if anyones looking to buy eBay GCs from GS to BestBuy or whatever. 

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back