GameStop Trade & Promos XXVII: Values available on the website and on Android/iOS app.

Status
Not open for further replies.

JP

CAG Veteran
Feedback
181 (100%)
WELCOME TO THE NEW GAMESTOP TRADE-IN THREAD.

The new thread format will be a work in progress but this first post will be the promos that are active and useful information, but also wikified. The second post will currently be frequently asked questions but may move it into the first post. Post three will be historical trade-in values from before the list.

Trade-in Values Available at: http://www.gamestop.com/trade

Also on GameStop app on iOS and Android

Upcoming Promotions/Information:

From GameStop employees on CAG:

GameStop.com Information (will post it when they update it)

Guaranteed $30/$40 on select games (Varying End Dates)

GameStop.com said:

Last edited by a moderator:
My district has been limiting purchases to $100 of trade credit/gift cards.  I tried to get a $200 eBay card last night at one store and left with only a $100 eBay gift card.  A couple of weeks ago, a different store I visited allowed me to only purchase $100 worth of Kindle cards.  Not every employee is up to speed so some people will let you get away with more since the POS doesn't restrict you.  But if you've got a lot of credit, I suggest moving it sooner than later.

Not sure where it will go, but filed complaints with State AG office and Ft. Worth's BBB office which relayed my experience along with 

http://www.gamestop.com/gs/help/Gift_Cards.aspx

Gift Cards Help
Gift Cards, Digital Gift Certificates, Trade Credit and PowerUp Rewards™ Cards containing store credit can be used to purchase products at GameStop US stores, GameStop.com, EBgames.com and Impulsedriven.com.

Gift Cards are sold on GameStop.com, EBgames.com, and in US GameStop stores. If ordered from GameStop.com, physical gift cards are delivered via First Class U.S. Mail within one to two weeks and can include an optional gift message.

Digital Gift Certificates are sold on GameStop.com and can be redeemed online at GameStop.com, EBgames.com, or Impulsedriven.com or redeemed in U.S stores. Digital Gift Certificates are delivered via email within 48 hours of processing (excluding major holidays) and can also include a gift message.

Gift Cards and Digital Gift Certificates are available in several pre-set amounts, or you can order a custom amount up to $500.

Trade Credit and PowerUp Rewards™ Cards can be loaded with stored-value by trading in used games at any GameStop store. They can be redeemed online at GameStop.com, EBgames.com, or Impulsedriven.com or redeemed in U.S stores.

Redeeming a Gift Card, Digital Gift Certificate, Trade Credit or PowerUp Rewards Card Online
Enter the card or account number and PIN on the payment page during the checkout process. To use your Gift Card, Trade Credit, or PowerUp Rewards Card™ online, it must have a scratch-off PIN. This PIN is located on the back of eligible Gift Cards. If your Gift Card does not have an four-digit PIN along with the 19-digit Gift Card number, you can only use the Gift Card at a GameStop store location. The Digital Gift Certificate number and PIN can be found in the email sent to the recipient.

Important Information
  • Discounts, coupons and other offers do not apply to the purchase of Gift Cards or Digital Gift Certificates.
  • The total amount of Gift Card orders may not exceed $500.
  • Credit card verification may occasionally delay order processing.
  • Except where prohibited by law, Gift Cards or Digital Gift Certificates may not be returned, redeemed for cash, or applied as payment on any account and will not be replaced if lost or stolen.

Not sure where it will go, but filed complaints with State AG office and Ft. Worth's BBB office which relayed my experience along with

http://www.gamestop.com/gs/help/Gift_Cards.aspx

Gift Cards Help
Gift Cards, Digital Gift Certificates, Trade Credit and PowerUp Rewards™ Cards containing store credit can be used to purchase products at GameStop US stores, GameStop.com, EBgames.com and Impulsedriven.com.

Gift Cards are sold on GameStop.com, EBgames.com, and in US GameStop stores. If ordered from GameStop.com, physical gift cards are delivered via First Class U.S. Mail within one to two weeks and can include an optional gift message.

Digital Gift Certificates are sold on GameStop.com and can be redeemed online at GameStop.com, EBgames.com, or Impulsedriven.com or redeemed in U.S stores. Digital Gift Certificates are delivered via email within 48 hours of processing (excluding major holidays) and can also include a gift message.

Gift Cards and Digital Gift Certificates are available in several pre-set amounts, or you can order a custom amount up to $500.

Trade Credit and PowerUp Rewards™ Cards can be loaded with stored-value by trading in used games at any GameStop store. They can be redeemed online at GameStop.com, EBgames.com, or Impulsedriven.com or redeemed in U.S stores.

Redeeming a Gift Card, Digital Gift Certificate, Trade Credit or PowerUp Rewards Card Online
Enter the card or account number and PIN on the payment page during the checkout process. To use your Gift Card, Trade Credit, or PowerUp Rewards Card™ online, it must have a scratch-off PIN. This PIN is located on the back of eligible Gift Cards. If your Gift Card does not have an four-digit PIN along with the 19-digit Gift Card number, you can only use the Gift Card at a GameStop store location. The Digital Gift Certificate number and PIN can be found in the email sent to the recipient.

Important Information
  • Discounts, coupons and other offers do not apply to the purchase of Gift Cards or Digital Gift Certificates.
  • The total amount of Gift Card orders may not exceed $500.
  • Credit card verification may occasionally delay order processing.
  • Except where prohibited by law, Gift Cards or Digital Gift Certificates may not be returned, redeemed for cash, or applied as payment on any account and will not be replaced if lost or stolen.
The only problem with what you copied/pasted is that it pertains only to Gamestop branded gift cards, not other retailers'. However, here is what you should be pointing to:

http://www.gamestop.com/collection/game-cards?recfl=0

At the bottom of that page is this:

steam_trade.jpg

Sorry to go off topic a bit, but is it normal for the preowned certificates to cancel out the 10% off from PUR? Just looking at receipts and it appears I ended up paying a few bucks for games that I thought would be nearly zerod out. There is no tax in my state so I'm a bit confused about what I paid.

Follow up question, could I avoid the small remainder if I used enough certs to completely zero it out?

Sorry to go off topic a bit, but is it normal for the preowned certificates to cancel out the 10% off from PUR? Just looking at receipts and it appears I ended up paying a few bucks for games that I thought would be nearly zerod out. There is no tax in my state so I'm a bit confused about what I paid.

Follow up question, could I avoid the small remainder if I used enough certs to completely zero it out?
the 10% off comes off the amount AFTER the coupon not before.

Anyone know if I can exchange an online order item in store?  Got my lunar white controllers from BF today and they're not so hot.  One I want to exchange for sure since the top and bottom shell don't line up quite right and had a scuff on the side, think the trigger is sticking a bit too.  The other one seems mostly OK but there's some minor scratches on the trigger.

Anyone know if I can exchange an online order item in store? Got my lunar white controllers from BF today and they're not so hot. One I want to exchange for sure since the top and bottom shell don't line up quite right and had a scuff on the side, think the trigger is sticking a bit too. The other one seems mostly OK but there's some minor scratches on the trigger.
You can, I do it all the time with the B2G1 sales for complete copies.

We are sold out lol. I bought one because my g/f got me an xbox for Christmas so i haven't opened it yet since i cant use it but now im worried it might be messed up.

Not sure what to be looking for.
Well there's button issues, stick issues, alignment issues with the shells, and apparently cosmetic damage as well.

From some of these posts it sounds like the thing is basically a ticking time bomb. I would just go throw it out in the woods before it explodes, if I were you.

Anyone know if I can exchange an online order item in store? Got my lunar white controllers from BF today and they're not so hot. One I want to exchange for sure since the top and bottom shell don't line up quite right and had a scuff on the side, think the trigger is sticking a bit too. The other one seems mostly OK but there's some minor scratches on the trigger.
Many of the stores in STL haven't been restocked with Lunar White controllers yet so I would check inventory (in your area) via the app first.

We are sold out lol. I bought one because my g/f got me an xbox for Christmas so i haven't opened it yet since i cant use it but now im worried it might be messed up.

Not sure what to be looking for.
Lucky for you and unlucky for me, I've got a Lunar that's messed up. Here's a picture of how shell doesn't match up:

260svly.jpg

The result is you feeling a bump on the side of the controller when you're holding it. It's not smooth, because the two shells aren't flush up against one another. It's very annoying. I'm not sure that this picture really does it justice, but it's something you just have to feel on your controller. It sucks.

The only reason I haven't brought it back yet is because I bought it during the "Buy an Xbox One, Get a free game and controller" promo. I see it as being a pain in the ass to explain to the holiday Gamestop guys why I need a replacement.

From some of these posts it sounds like the thing is basically a ticking time bomb. I would just go throw it out in the woods before it explodes, if I were you.
In the interest of safety and for the greater good, send me all of your Lunar White Controllers. Your compliance is appreciated.

Thank you for your time and attention.

Since the Lunar White controllers are on topic right now, anyone know why people purchase just the controller box?  Saw a few sold on Ebay and wondering if it's worth my time to list the box i got on BF and keep the controller.

Well there's button issues, stick issues, alignment issues with the shells, and apparently cosmetic damage as well.
It's not just the Lunar White controllers. My Master Chief (that I returned a Lunar White for) has a screw that wasn't tightened completely; there's a slight gap between front and back the closes when you squeeze. And my Forza bundle controller's A button sticks sometimes. The Master Chief I should be able to fix myself, but the Forza controller's gonna need to be sent in. At least my Locke controller is perfect.

Has anyone ever returned an item that they used a rewards voucher on? I redeemed a $25 voucher with points and want to return an item that it was used on. Is that $25 just lost?

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back