GameStop Trade & Promos XXVII: Values available on the website and on Android/iOS app.

Status
Not open for further replies.

JP

CAG Veteran
Feedback
181 (100%)
WELCOME TO THE NEW GAMESTOP TRADE-IN THREAD.

The new thread format will be a work in progress but this first post will be the promos that are active and useful information, but also wikified. The second post will currently be frequently asked questions but may move it into the first post. Post three will be historical trade-in values from before the list.

Trade-in Values Available at: http://www.gamestop.com/trade

Also on GameStop app on iOS and Android

Upcoming Promotions/Information:

From GameStop employees on CAG:

GameStop.com Information (will post it when they update it)

Guaranteed $30/$40 on select games (Varying End Dates)

GameStop.com said:

Last edited by a moderator:
Did anyone else get this email from Gamestop?

You're Elfin' Awesome! Here's a few Holiday Bonuses!

Tis the Season for Holiday Gifts

We appreciate you! And to say thank you for being one of the top scoring Pro members, we're giving you presents NOW and LATER!

December Gifts:

- 2x Points on all purchases now through December 31st

- Get 25 cents/GAL after your first fill-up when you join the Fuel Rewards program by December 31st

Well worth it the first time 2500 points for 10 cents off each gallon afterwards though. Same old gamestop offers.

anyone know if gamestops extended return period applies to used games as well as new? I have some used games i ordered online that id rather not have to deal with cleaning and testing for the next few weeks if i can avoid it. Can i wait till january or is it still the standard 7 day return period?

anyone know if gamestops extended return period applies to used games as well as new? I have some used games i ordered online that id rather not have to deal with cleaning and testing for the next few weeks if i can avoid it. Can i wait till january or is it still the standard 7 day return period?
It applies to used games bought in-store, but not to used games bought online through Gamestop.com--those have the usual 30-day return period for all online purchases.

About gamestop trade in credit and the new policy...

I know you cant buy amazon and best buy cards with your account credit now but is there a list of what vendors you can or can't use credit on?

I seem to recall that people are still having luck with gas cards and taco bell etc.

Specifically i was wondering about google play but I'd be willing to parse through a list myself if you can point me to one.

I bought plenty of Amazon cards this week at various game stops as well as other card types with my trade credit no questions asked. This policy seems to be only in certain districts.

It applies to used games bought in-store, but not to used games bought online through Gamestop.com--those have the usual 30-day return period for all online purchases.
ah, ok. But its still 30 days vs 7 right? That was my real concern because im going to be busy the nex couple of weeks and didn't want to have to mess with them

I was in gamestop yesterday. I'm in nyc. I did a trade in and bought an ebay gift card. The manager called the district manager to double check and he said no problem. So I bought a $200 ebay gift card with gs credit with no problems and the DM's a okay.

ah, ok. But its still 30 days vs 7 right? That was my real concern because im going to be busy the nex couple of weeks and didn't want to have to mess with them
Yes, the 30-day return policy applies to all online items purchased through Gamestop.com (though I'm still not sure if it's 30 days from when you placed the order or from when you received it). Just make sure you have a receipt when you go to return anything in-store to make the process smoother.

Frickin' Gamestop employees can never be wrong.
I was looking through the loose ds games amd I saw a Metroid First Hunt cart in a packaged marked Metroid Prime Hunters. I debated saying anything but I thought maybe I could be helpful and save them a headache down the line. Told the guys working, "I'm not trying to be too nerd, but I noticed there's a Metroid demo being sold as the game." Dudes walk over and take a look at it. "Oh, that's the prologue." I said, "Ok, but it's just a demo. It came with the original DS. It's not the Metroid Prime Hunters game." Dude thinks for a second and replies, "yeah, but that's how we sell it. That's why it'll be here forever."
Heaven forbid dude be like, "Looks like someone got over on us, thanks for letting me know."

Frickin' Gamestop employees can never be wrong.
I was looking through the loose ds games amd I saw a Metroid First Hunt cart in a packaged marked Metroid Prime Hunters. I debated saying anything but I thought maybe I could be helpful and save them a headache down the line. Told the guys working, "I'm not trying to be too nerd, but I noticed there's a Metroid demo being sold as the game." Dudes walk over and take a look at it. "Oh, that's the prologue." I said, "Ok, but it's just a demo. It came with the original DS. It's not the Metroid Prime Hunters game." Dude thinks for a second and replies, "yeah, but that's how we sell it. That's why it'll be here forever."
Heaven forbid dude be like, "Looks like someone got over on us, thanks for letting me know."
They do this with star fox too for the 3ds

About gamestop trade in credit and the new policy...

I know you cant buy amazon and best buy cards with your account credit now but is there a list of what vendors you can or can't use credit on?

I seem to recall that people are still having luck with gas cards and taco bell etc.

Specifically i was wondering about google play but I'd be willing to parse through a list myself if you can point me to one.
at my local gamestop the employee tried to convince a customer to take credit instead of cash and buy a gas card

I reserved a used game for in store pickup. On my confirmation email above the game title there is a black box marked new, does that mean my reservation got screwed up?

Well I got my two Lunar White controllers swapped out and these seem to be much better with the shells lined up at least.  Hopefully there's no functional defects now.

Sorry I meant to ask if the controller sides shells are closed or if there is a small gap between them, this is the controller I received

afmUNje.jpg
yRuWJGP.jpg

There's a small gap, there's supposed to be.  One side shouldn't stick out farther than the other though and as long as they feel even you should be good.

1541. I should have thought to look at the on my original two. There was also a fresh shipment to all my local stores since they were all OOS and all but one has them again in large quantity.
Thanks, been considering on exchanging mine but have just dealt with it. I think it's finally annoyed me enough to follow through with it. Having a good lot number to reference will help.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back