GameStop Trade & Promos XXVII: Values available on the website and on Android/iOS app.

Status
Not open for further replies.

JP

CAG Veteran
Feedback
181 (100%)
WELCOME TO THE NEW GAMESTOP TRADE-IN THREAD.

The new thread format will be a work in progress but this first post will be the promos that are active and useful information, but also wikified. The second post will currently be frequently asked questions but may move it into the first post. Post three will be historical trade-in values from before the list.

Trade-in Values Available at: http://www.gamestop.com/trade

Also on GameStop app on iOS and Android

Upcoming Promotions/Information:

From GameStop employees on CAG:

GameStop.com Information (will post it when they update it)

Guaranteed $30/$40 on select games (Varying End Dates)

GameStop.com said:

Last edited by a moderator:
This might be a silly question but do you have to purchase a game with the trade-in to get the bonus? That saying if it is still active. I was thinking about trading in for a Vita.
Yes u do. So preorder any game coming out the following week meeting the price requirement, then cancel that preorder. Use your trade credit you got from the trade and cancellation toward your shiny new vita.

I'm sure it's been discussed and/or attempted as we have some shady fuck ing people around here, but I had a thought tonight:  Has anyone tried using GS credit to get eBay credit, then use that ebay credit to get an email GS giftcard, rinse and repeat and collect PUR points and ebay bucks all the while?

I'd expect a banning after the first few rounds...

I'm sure it's been discussed and/or attempted as we have some shady fuck ing people around here, but I had a thought tonight: Has anyone tried using GS credit to get eBay credit, then use that ebay credit to get an email GS giftcard, rinse and repeat and collect PUR points and ebay bucks all the while?

That's not shady IMO. That's just exploiting the shit out of them.

And the problem would be hitting the Ebay gift card limit.

I'm sure it's been discussed and/or attempted as we have some shady fuck ing people around here, but I had a thought tonight: Has anyone tried using GS credit to get eBay credit, then use that ebay credit to get an email GS giftcard, rinse and repeat and collect PUR points and ebay bucks all the while?

hot dog! looks like I'll never have to pay for anything on ebay ever again! C'mon quadruple ebay bucks promos, daddy needs a new...well,... everything!

I did a test trade with BO3 and it didn't work.  The cashier scanned BO3 which came up $19.XX and then I had them scan a new copy of F1 2015 and the trade promo still didn't come up for me.    

That's not shady IMO. That's just exploiting the shit out of them.

And the problem would be hitting the Ebay gift card limit.

hot dog! looks like I'll never have to pay for anything on ebay ever again! C'mon quadruple ebay bucks promos, daddy needs a new...well,... everything!

It's possible, but might not be worth the effort.
Yeah, it just crossed my mind because I cashed out my GS credit for eBay, but I was kind of regretting not getting Amazon instead.

I don't plan on flip-flopping because, like you said, the effort wouldn't be worth the pay off. But I'm most likely going to bounce back to GS for the Amazon credit instead.

The fine print said a game $39.99 or higher
I thought that too but as htz mentioned earlier it means more towards which games are to be eligible. If BO3 was $29.99 new then the promo wouldn't work. Also, some promos in the past would just require any new game instead of certain price.

I thought that too but as htz mentioned earlier it means more towards which games are to be eligible. If BO3 was $29.99 new then the promo wouldn't work. Also, some promos in the past would just require any new game instead of certain amount.
There's honestly no way to tell unless someone tries it on a $39.99 game

That's kind of how i got my $71.XX ebay bucks certificate lol

I thought you didn't get PUR points for buying giftcards? Or is that when you use trade credit to buy the giftcard?

Hi. For anyone that got the B2G1 free deal, was wondering if possible to exchange a Wii U for a xbox one? the wii was the free item. Also, there was no package slip so would the order number along with the item detail be good enough? Dont understand why they cant pull up online orders to exchange instore. I think last time they exchange a game by plugging in fake date/trans # . They didnt scan all 3 items for the return/exchange

Got banned today on GameStop... And I didn't even do any trading this month (January). All I did was buy a game yesterday at full pre-owned price. This blows!

No idea, over $1,000 is my guess. When you trade stuff in, system say exceed trade limit.
A. that has nothing to do with Amazon gift cards. Learn to fucking read.

B. It's not a ban. It's a trade limit. You reached it. A ban is a negative event that will get progressively worse if you get banned again.

This is just you hit the quarterly trade limit.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back