GameStop Trade & Promos XXVII: Values available on the website and on Android/iOS app.

Status
Not open for further replies.

JP

CAG Veteran
Feedback
181 (100%)
WELCOME TO THE NEW GAMESTOP TRADE-IN THREAD.

The new thread format will be a work in progress but this first post will be the promos that are active and useful information, but also wikified. The second post will currently be frequently asked questions but may move it into the first post. Post three will be historical trade-in values from before the list.

Trade-in Values Available at: http://www.gamestop.com/trade

Also on GameStop app on iOS and Android

Upcoming Promotions/Information:

From GameStop employees on CAG:

GameStop.com Information (will post it when they update it)

Guaranteed $30/$40 on select games (Varying End Dates)

GameStop.com said:

Last edited by a moderator:
l87Fgtn.jpg

What's the most expensive (regular price) game on the 4 for 40 list?
I think the orange box is the most expensive game on the list. It's $34.99 on their site. The list is not too bad especially with this game. I'm going to get this just for team fortress 2. I loved that game back in the day. Hope there are people still playing it. If not, it's cool, I'll just play the half life games again. Now to decide what other 3 games I want.

bad news, GameStop Closing All Puerto Rico Stores Very Soon. As a result of "ongoing business challenges and increased governmental restraints," video game retailer GameStop is closing all of its stores in Puerto Rico. The island's nearly three-dozen stores will close by the end of March 2016, a GameStop representative confirmed in a statement to GameSpot today. http://www.gamespot.com/articles/gamestop-closing-all-puerto-rico-stores-very-soon/1100-6433702/
Yikes...there are some CAGs down there right?

Got confirmation from my favorite manager today that no gift cards with credit is coming soon to my area. He said it's supposed to be in effect, but everyone is playing dumb because they know it increases the number of tradeins they get.

Got confirmation from my favorite manager today that no gift cards with credit is coming soon to my area. He said it's supposed to be in effect, but everyone is playing dumb because they know it increases the number of tradeins they get.
All gift cards or the select list?

Amazon, Gas cards, ebay, iTunes, and Google Play

He said everything.... Hmm is there a select list? I never heard that. I don't feel like there's anything worth getting other than those though.
It wouldn't make much sense to limit Gaming Gift Cards. As Gamestop doesn't sell all of the DLC on the online marketplaces.

Restaurants I hope they don't. I buy food gift cards from time to time.

thanks for the info, going to cash out more gs credit then

It wouldn't make much sense to limit Gaming Gift Cards. As Gamestop doesn't sell all of the DLC on the online marketplaces.

Restaurants I hope they don't. I buy food gift cards from time to time.
Well yeah, I meant he said food, Gas and Amazon/eBay. I thought gaming credit was a given haha.

I heard that a POS block wouldn't block food cards.

But, we'll see how this plays out.
If they not going to give customers the right to purchase gift cards, then they should transfers your trade to your credit card.

They cant force consumers to use it only at GS unless you want to.

At that point, you can sell on Ebay, etc. or trade at BB or Amazon. Dont trade much, but for the people.
Gamestop wants you to spend that trade money in the store. They don't want you moving it for free.

If you want cash they offer it for a fee. I'm not promoting this as an employee of Gamestop, it's common business sense. It works for them and makes them money.

I still remember my local GS have a huge sign that said trade games for gas when they have shell gas card. The biggest problem with GS is they only have games. They lost a competitive edge without GC versus Best Buy or Amazon.

But No one is forcing you to trade games at gs.
Just saying that they are still making money (look at the used game prices, but sometimes there is some decent deals)

Its working fine, but maybe thy started to enforce this because people abuse the flip games, etc.

They should stop carrying gift cards would also solve the problem.

FYI-Mostly shop BB and Amazon because better service,etc., but do shop GS from time to time. Got the wii fightpads for $13 was kinda cool.

Apparent abuse by SD and CAG going to kill another loophole.

Oh well GS is going to become irrelevant soon time to cash out.  

Going to save enough credit just to do b6f5g1 free Xbone Consoles flips

Damn...which GS? I assume all the ones in the area are fucked but I guess it's time to stock up on gas

Gamestop wants you to spend that trade money in the store. They don't want you moving it for free.

If you want cash they offer it for a fee. I'm not promoting this as an employee of Gamestop, it's common business sense. It works for them and makes them money.
But you are using it in the store you are buying PRODUCTS they happen to have around, GIFT CARDS to XXX .

You can't restrict what a person can buy when its clearly being sold in your store

Normal everyday people are not going to think HEY I am going to GS to buy a gift card for a third party company, nor has the company ever associated GS as a third party GC seller ( unlike drug store chains and supermarkets which corner that market )

If GS stops selling Ebay, AZ, GC, I doubt they would even see any difference in new foot traffic, selling Ebay, AZ GC does not increase any new foot traffic, from non-gamers.

By the way its just like GS won't sell Best Buy GC, or Target GC ( based on their CHOICE ) even tho all GCs are processed by the same company FASTCARD INc. They can choose to sell or not sell GC based on their choice, if you don't want people buying certain GC just don't sell them ... Simple

should dump my last 100 i want to move to amazon

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back