GameStop Trade & Promos XXVII: Values available on the website and on Android/iOS app.

Status
Not open for further replies.

JP

CAG Veteran
Feedback
181 (100%)
WELCOME TO THE NEW GAMESTOP TRADE-IN THREAD.

The new thread format will be a work in progress but this first post will be the promos that are active and useful information, but also wikified. The second post will currently be frequently asked questions but may move it into the first post. Post three will be historical trade-in values from before the list.

Trade-in Values Available at: http://www.gamestop.com/trade

Also on GameStop app on iOS and Android

Upcoming Promotions/Information:

From GameStop employees on CAG:

GameStop.com Information (will post it when they update it)

Guaranteed $30/$40 on select games (Varying End Dates)

GameStop.com said:

Last edited by a moderator:
just shot off an email to gamestop cs this morning, and they already responded.  Crazy.  Last time it tried, it took weeks for them to respond, if at all.

Funny part is, it was concerning an order placed on 11/10/2015, and I assumed it had been cancelled.  I sent a "Remove hold auth on gift card" email, to hopefully get the money back for 3 :ds: games that I ordered and never received.

Here is their response, approximately 60 days after the initial order:

Thank you for contacting GameStop.com! We are sorry to hear you have not received any update regarding the pending items from your order. We understand this can be frustrating, and we apologize for any problem this may have caused you. But no worries, we are here to help you with the information.

Please note that these items are still in the process of packaging. They will be in transit to you very soon. We are truly sorry for any confusion this may have caused you.

Thank you for contacting GameStop Customer Care, and I hope you have a wonderful day. If you have any further questions please feel free to reply to this email or call us at 800-883--8895.

Yeah fucking right Gamestop, you cunty thieves.

Yeah fucking right Gamestop, you cunty thieves.
Cunty is an egregiously underused word, I feel. Historically it's been neglected and relegated to the deep, dark annals of present-day vernacular. In times like these, I find it refreshing and fulfilling to see it used in conjunction with GameStop.

What a time to be alive.

Cunty is an egregiously underused word, I feel. Historically it's been neglected and relegated to the deep, dark annals of present-day vernacular. In times like these, I find it refreshing and fulfilling to see it used in conjunction with GameStop.

What a time to be alive.
I feel the exact same way. GameStop is definitely cunty

I do have to say, I have been impressed by the turnaround in the emails I sent out today.  All 3 times, they replied in about an hour and provided me with a glimmer of hope that I will at least get my money back.

If you have past issues that are still unresolved, it might be a good idea to try again.

I do have to say, I have been impressed by the turnaround in the emails I sent out today. All 3 times, they replied in about an hour and provided me with a glimmer of hope that I will at least get my money back.

If you have past issues that are still unresolved, it might be a good idea to try again.
I haven't been refunded yet for two GS.com orders that were suddenly canceled last month, so I sent off replies regarding those. Thanks.

bad news, GameStop Closing All Puerto Rico Stores Very Soon.As a result of "ongoing business challenges and increased governmental restraints," video game retailer GameStop is closing all of its stores in Puerto Rico. The island's nearly three-dozen stores will close by the end of March 2016, a GameStop representative confirmed in a statement to GameSpot today.http://www.gamespot.com/articles/gamestop-closing-all-puerto-rico-stores-very-soon/1100-6433702/
I'm from PR, the economy is bad, and the taxes are horrible. It's most likely that big chains like GS and other maybe will be closing eventually.

Shits going down over here.

I'm from PR, the economy is bad, and the taxes are horrible. It's most likely that big chains like GS and other maybe will be closing eventually.

You better get to the mainland before president trump takes over. And bring at least two single women. Don't want 'merica to be a sausage fest.

bad news, GameStop Closing All Puerto Rico Stores Very Soon. As a result of "ongoing business challenges and increased governmental restraints," video game retailer GameStop is closing all of its stores in Puerto Rico. The island's nearly three-dozen stores will close by the end of March 2016, a GameStop representative confirmed in a statement to GameSpot today. http://www.gamespot.com/articles/gamestop-closing-all-puerto-rico-stores-very-soon/1100-6433702/
Too bad for me. Didn't know there was that many CAGs in PR. Wepa!

Gamestop earnings for holiday were pretty abysmal, with software sales dropping 10% year over year.  Stock is at 52 week low

http://finance.yahoo.com/news/gamestop-shares-plunge-52-week-151940104.html

They'll be forced to shake things up, some of it will undoubtedly be bad for us CAGs (limits on what we can use trade credit for) but there will undoubtedly be opportunities as well, like the old tablet/phone flip periods.

I wonder if there is more to the PR story, like its kind of weird to shut down everything.  Either some new laws came in that would make Gamestop liable for stuff they didn't want to be, or they were afraid of lawsuits in the future.

Gamestop earnings for holiday were pretty abysmal, with software sales dropping 10% year over year. Stock is at 52 week low

They'll be forced to shake things up, some of it will undoubtedly be bad for us CAGs (limits on what we can use trade credit for) but there will undoubtedly be opportunities as well, like the old tablet/phone flip periods.
Thanks for the big picture and your insight.

Got rid of this for $32.50 without preordering anything

:ps4: Star Wars Battlefront

Got for $8.99 each:

:ps3: Sly Collection

:360: The Orange Box

:360: Portal 2

:360: Metal Gear Solid HD Collection 

Companies cut their hands off to spite their face all of the time.
e.g. Staples doing away with easy rebates because their focus groups indicated that people would rather have more expensive but 'on sale' goods rather than less expensive/free after rebate goods and having to deal with the one minute online rebate process.

e.g. Staples doing away with easy rebates because their focus groups indicated that people would rather have more expensive but 'on sale' goods rather than less expensive/free after rebate goods and having to deal with the one minute online rebate process.
More like 2 months, sent to you in a small denomination card that's a pain in the butt to use.

More like 2 months, sent to you in a small denomination card that's a pain in the butt to use.
I've been using free paper for the better part of a decade. I received post card checks in the mail 1.5 months after my online submission. As a college student, law student, and now attorney, free paper has been a blessing. The current paper deal (5 reams for $1 after coupon and rebate) might be the last hurrah before they get rid of the rebate program.

It's been a hell of a ride, much like flipping at Gamestop. Which reminds me I should cash out another $100 ebay gc on my way home tonight.

Hey guys, I was thinking of trading in my x1 for the $200 deal they have going on do I need to trade in the controller as well? The FAQ only had last gen consoles listed.

For all interested these are the list of games recycled from the the last 4 for $10 sale now in the the 4 for $40

:360: Batman: Arkham City

:360: Bayonetta
:ps3: Bioshock
:ps3: COD Ghosts
:360: COD Ghosts
:ps3: Disney Universe
:360: Forza 2 and Marvel Alliance Bundle
:ps3: LEGO Batman 2: DC Super Heroes
:360: LEGO Indiana Jones/ Kung Fu Panda (2 discs)
:360: Mafia II
:ps3: Midnight Club: Los Angeles
:ps3: Midnight Club: Los Angeles Complete Edition
:ps3: Mortal Kombat
:ps3: Mortal Kombat vs. DC Universe
:360: Need for Speed: Shift
:360: PROTOTYPE 2
:360: Resident Evil 6
:360: Saints Row The Third
:360: SKATE
:360: Sleeping Dogs
:360: Sniper Elite V2
:360: Soul Calibur IV
:360: Street Fighter IV
:360: The Bureau: XCOM Declassified
:ps3: Transformers: Revenge of the Fallen
:ps3: Transformers: War For Cybertron
:ps3: Twisted Metal
:360: Wipeout: In the Zone
:ps3: X-Men Origins: Wolverine Uncaged Edition

Gamestop earnings for holiday were pretty abysmal, with software sales dropping 10% year over year. Stock is at 52 week low

I wonder if there is more to the PR story, like its kind of weird to shut down everything. Either some new laws came in that would make Gamestop liable for stuff they didn't want to be, or they were afraid of lawsuits in the future.
Puerto Rico is doing some type of tax on international businesses that do X amount of business in Puerto Rico. Walmart is taking PR to court while GS is just closing shop.

http://money.cnn.com/2015/12/07/investing/walmart-sues-puerto-rico/

Reading the CNN story it sounds like Greece 2.0.

What geographic oddity do you live in where the nearest Gamestop is an hour away? I have three within 10 minutes of here, six within 20 minutes.

Sounds like:

tumblr_n3n6doj2e01txyqb1o1_500.gif

:razz:
Thorbahn3 is like that in his neck of Texas. Only WM is available to him physically. I forgot how long a drive he had to do to get GCU.

I've been using free paper for the better part of a decade. I received post card checks in the mail 1.5 months after my online submission. As a college student, law student, and now attorney, free paper has been a blessing. The current paper deal (5 reams for $1 after coupon and rebate) might be the last hurrah before they get rid of the rebate program.

It's been a hell of a ride, much like flipping at Gamestop. Which reminds me I should cash out another $100 ebay gc on my way home tonight.
How do they make money on the paper then? I'm sure some people don't do the rebates (is it easy? I'm trying to decide if this deal is worth the trouble) but paper can't be that profitable. Can you think of some other great deals that Staples regularly has that aren't limited in availability, i.e. $50 tablets?

Its called a PONZI scam,

You can sell loads of paper, tell your stockholders you are making shit loads of sales, your stocks goes up.  While you are making ZERO in profit.  And the money they do make from people who don't submit the mail in refund, they hope will cover the people who do

The only issue with this is the people on top will cash out their stocks before the company collapse and take the regular joe stock holding with them.

DEBT is profit, haven't you heard that term before.

However I have to say Fark Puerto Rico, they voted to stay independent from the USA and now they are broke and yet they have no shame in asking the US gov't for money and help.  Tell them to shaqfu themselves

Thats the problem with gov't they are completely immune to everything, they can murder their citizens and not be held accountable, they can go broke and still answer to no one.  So I saw fark these gov'ts

:)

Well it's not quite a Ponzi scheme but yes it's a similar general idea with MIR in that you pay out less in actual rebates than you make in additional sales.

Or the case with ebay faking numbers with their buy a 100 gift card with 95 in gift card scam. They will show huge revenues, but it's all smoke and mirrors.

Does anyone know if the "Guaranteed $30" promotion would work on xbox 360 games? Looking to get rid of Grand Theft Auto V. :)
. Tried today. In store flyer states ps4 x1 only. I was like damn, a GameStop employee actually knowing more than me on their deals! Impressive!

Swapped Syndicate for 30 last night. The guy didn't have a problem selling me a 30 dollar kindle card with the credit either. Picked up the Gold Edition from Amazon for 45, so it worked out to about 15 bucks for the season pass and other extras. 

I have a B2G1 coupon that expires Friday, and I don't really have much I'm interested in getting at the moment. Already tried the coupon trade thread and heard nothing.

Any suggestions? Got an Xbox One. Looking for very cheap or something flipable.

Swapped Syndicate for 30 last night. The guy didn't have a problem selling me a 30 dollar kindle card with the credit either. Picked up the Gold Edition from Amazon for 45, so it worked out to about 15 bucks for the season pass and other extras.
This may be the first time I've seen someone say "swapped" as in "traded in".

6 of my 8 Wii U games I ordered from the Gamestop.com B2G1 sale didn't work.  lol.  I had to return all those.

2 3ds games had labels that somebody removed - seemingly to try and scam Gamestop -  before they realized it looked like sht and then sloppily slapped them back on, but didn't even wait for the glue to dry.  You could easily slide them off.  And one reeked.  Needless to say I exchanged those.

And then I got 1 empty 3ds case with no game inside.  Gamestop is sending a new game out.  

What a shtty customer experience buying used games from Gamestop.com is.

Not to mention all the games that came in broken black generic Gamestop cases or came in cartridge-sized clear hard plastic shells.  

There were a few winners in the bunch.  Out of 30+.

Syndicate is about $35, same with Black Ops. Guess I need one more in that same price range and then I can flip those back with the $30 guaranteed promo and make about $17 after tax. That sound right? Any other titles on that list on sale?

6 of my 8 Wii U games I ordered from the Gamestop.com B2G1 sale didn't work. lol. I had to return all those.

2 3ds games had labels that somebody removed - seemingly to try and scam Gamestop - before they realized it looked like sht and then sloppily slapped them back on, but didn't even wait for the glue to dry. You could easily slide them off. And one reeked. Needless to say I exchanged those.

And then I got 1 empty 3ds case with no game inside. Gamestop is sending a new game out.

Not to mention all the games that came in broken black generic Gamestop cases or came in cartridge-sized clear hard plastic shells.

There were a few winners in the bunch. Out of 30+.
Did they give you a paper packing list with prices less than what you paid?

6 of my 8 Wii U games I ordered from the Gamestop.com B2G1 sale didn't work. lol. I had to return all those.

2 3ds games had labels that somebody removed - seemingly to try and scam Gamestop - before they realized it looked like sht and then sloppily slapped them back on, but didn't even wait for the glue to dry. You could easily slide them off. And one reeked. Needless to say I exchanged those.

And then I got 1 empty 3ds case with no game inside. Gamestop is sending a new game out.

There were a few winners in the bunch. Out of 30+.
I try not to order used on gamestop.com because most of the stuff seems to orginate from their headquarters where all the shit gets "refurbished"

So Puerto Rico is Illinois, except we're keeping our GameStops. Our taxes suck and the state has no budget...or money.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back