GameStop Trade & Promos XXVII: Values available on the website and on Android/iOS app.

Status
Not open for further replies.

JP

CAG Veteran
Feedback
181 (100%)
WELCOME TO THE NEW GAMESTOP TRADE-IN THREAD.

The new thread format will be a work in progress but this first post will be the promos that are active and useful information, but also wikified. The second post will currently be frequently asked questions but may move it into the first post. Post three will be historical trade-in values from before the list.

Trade-in Values Available at: http://www.gamestop.com/trade

Also on GameStop app on iOS and Android

Upcoming Promotions/Information:

From GameStop employees on CAG:

GameStop.com Information (will post it when they update it)

Guaranteed $30/$40 on select games (Varying End Dates)

GameStop.com said:

Last edited by a moderator:
I don't see GoW III Remastered on the app or system, do they take it for trade? I know they remove them sometimes when the game is on sale but it doesn't seem to be the case
You can take it in, I did yesterday for the "$20 bump w/ 4 current gen games" promo (where the current gen was called next gen and didn't include Wii U).

Would it be possible to use the $20 bonus coupon with a non-Pro account?  I have one of each (Pro and non-Pro) but the Pro account has reached its limit (apparently).

I live in the burbs where Gametops and Redboxes are abundant. Also I am a Pro PUR member, which made this possible.

I hit 4 Reboxes, 3 were successes:

Sniper Elite III (PS4) 

State of Decay (XB1) x2

Resident Evil Revelations (XB1)

I also went to Best Buy and bought one games:

Batman Arkham Knight (XB1)

In total (after tax) I spent $49.60 on games.

I traded in the 4 unique games with the +$20 dollar coupon. And at a separate Gamestop traded my second copy of State of Decay.

Total credit received : $93.10

Net value gained was $43.50

I live in California so tax is decently high, I think 8%. States with lower state tax have greater potential gains.

Took me about 2 hours to do, which kind of tell you how abundant these Redboxes are around here. 

**Every game on the list from Redbox is a GS flip**

I live in the burbs where Gametops and Redboxes are abundant. Also I am a Pro PUR member, which made this possible.

I hit 4 Reboxes, 3 were successes:

Sniper Elite III (PS4)
State of Decay (XB1) x2
Resident Evil Revelations (XB1)

I also went to Best Buy and bought one games:

Batman Arkham Knight (XB1)

In total (after tax) I spent $49.60 on games.

I traded in the 4 unique games with the +$20 dollar coupon. And at a separate Gamestop traded my second copy of State of Decay.

Total credit received : $93.10

Net value gained was $43.50

I live in California so tax is decently high, I think 8%. States with lower state tax have greater potential gains.

Took me about 2 hours to do, which kind of tell you how abundant these Redboxes are around here.

**Every game on the list from Redbox is a GS flip**
Thanks for the tip, completely forgot about that. If the road wasn't covered in ice right now, I'd go for it.

For what it's worth Gamestop has been doing their usual bait and switch with dropping the values of games. That usually does happen when a bonus of that nature is near.

For what it's worth Gamestop has been doing their usual bait and switch with dropping the values of games. That usually does happen when a bonus of that nature is near.
Yep, I've noticed....

.... god I must be exhausted.. I thought your icon was a face/mustache and glasses... not curious George.

It's been awhile since I've participated in GS trade-in promotions, so my question: if the 50% bonus is in effect next week, when you look up TIVs on the website, will the values reflect the the bonus? I'm more familiar with looking up BB TIVs during a promotion, as you have to calculate the bonus with the value presented on their website.

I'm sure this has been asked but I went 6 pages back and didn't see mention of it... but is it a $20 bonus for every 4 games meaning if I trade in 12 games I'll get an extra $60??? If so I'll certainly renew my PUR to get the coupon

I'm sure this has been asked but I went 6 pages back and didn't see mention of it... but is it a $20 bonus for every 4 games meaning if I trade in 12 games I'll get an extra $60??? If so I'll certainly renew my PUR to get the coupon
Yes. The coupon only applies to one transaction, so you have to trade them in all at once.

Perfect. I'll definitely re-up but wait until Monday... I can't see the 50% values NOT stacking with it especially if you don't have to do anything (use a coupon etc) to apply the 50%

Okay with John making some changes to the site after the hack I've re-enabled the Wiki function on the first post, want to see if that holds this time around.

Also once again, where did the info about the 50% bonus come from, and when does it start?
Maybe 100 posts back. He's been quite reliable in the past and works at GS.

Been a while since I provided some updates for you guys.

Upcoming 50% trade promo starts 1/25. Good until 1/31.
All games and accessories qualify. Should auto-promo, no purchase necessary.

Last edited by a moderator:
remember that first day of last summers 50% when TIVs didn't drop and a ton of games traded in for $60?  good times

i'll probably sit this one out, i have only one physical game (rocksmith) and building up more credit at gamestop doesn't feel like a necessary thing to do

remember that first day of last summers 50% when TIVs didn't drop and a ton of games traded in for $60? good times

i'll probably sit this one out, i have only one physical game (rocksmith) and building up more credit at gamestop doesn't feel like a necessary thing to do
RIP $72 Pikmin

The current promotion should bump them up to $30 until tomorrow at the least. Is the 50% going to be better or worse?
Well if values don't drop further it looks like Black Ops around $35, Battlefront $32, WWE 2k16 around $28. I'll just wait if it gets worse I'm crossing my fingers for a 50% bump @ BB it's overdue

I'm seriously debating selling my complete AC collection, even though I've not played a game in the series since Revelations.
The franchise fatigue is strong...

I'm seriously debating selling my complete AC collection, even though I've not played a game in the series since Revelations.
The franchise fatigue is strong...
Reminds me of the last time GS bumped TIVs and I nearly traded in New Super Mario Bros. because I couldn't remember the last time I played it. Then I fired it up and remembered why it's a great game that I can replay over and over. Though I don't know if AC is that way, the last one I played was simply titled "Assasins Creed".

Well if values don't drop further it looks like Black Ops around $35, Battlefront $32, WWE 2k16 around $28. I'll just wait if it gets worse I'm crossing my fingers for a 50% bump @ BB it's overdue
Then yeah I'd wait for the 50% too. I don't think the values will drop again within 2 days. Might be more convenient if you're trying to trade other games for the 50% bonus too.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back