GameStop Trade & Promos XXVII: Values available on the website and on Android/iOS app.

Status
Not open for further replies.

JP

CAG Veteran
Feedback
181 (100%)
WELCOME TO THE NEW GAMESTOP TRADE-IN THREAD.

The new thread format will be a work in progress but this first post will be the promos that are active and useful information, but also wikified. The second post will currently be frequently asked questions but may move it into the first post. Post three will be historical trade-in values from before the list.

Trade-in Values Available at: http://www.gamestop.com/trade

Also on GameStop app on iOS and Android

Upcoming Promotions/Information:

From GameStop employees on CAG:

GameStop.com Information (will post it when they update it)

Guaranteed $30/$40 on select games (Varying End Dates)

GameStop.com said:

Last edited by a moderator:
I asked and they told me I must pre order something and pay in full. They also asked if I wanted to add warranty to the game and to kindly fill out a survey

Read my other posts then. It isn't that hard to figure out. Either answer the question or move along. So many of you in here are very unpleasant
Read everyones responses then. Numerous people have told you that they didn't ask to use their trade credit. Other numerous people told you not to ask. But here you are Shrek, asking the same question.

Read everyones responses then. Numerous people have told you that they didn't ask to use their trade credit. Other numerous people told you not to ask. But here you are Shrek, asking the same question.
Not one person has answered my question. Try again. The question is... is this in the computer anywhere, or are people just saying no when asked. You need some help with your anger issues

Not one person has answered my question. Try again. The question is... is this in the computer anywhere, or are people just saying no when asked. You need some help with your anger issues
Stop being a lil puss puss, go in your store and try it for yourself.

It's in the computer.

Im going to classes for it, thanks for your concern!

I never volunteered that I was using trade credit (used it in the last week with a couple hundred to get ebay GC). Just swipe. All you can do is just try and see what happens.

Stop being a lil puss puss, go in your store and try it for yourself.
Hilarious. You mind reading a few posts back when I clearly stated that I went into my store and was able to buy gift cards? My question has nothing to do with me. Trying to get more information for the other members who are asking. And again, anger management

1. I didn't ask, just grabbed 14 Amazon GC $50, they ringed and I used my powerup rewards card, what the hell are they going to say I can't buy them, they sell them and I still got point for them too. 

In my email, Gamestop is promising to give 1000 points for a purchase of a new game within 7 days after its release. Too bad it takes forever to get a $5 coupon compared to Best Buy. I'd consider it if the PUR also gave at least a 10%. Nope, not gonna care.

I think he said that because you can just go to the GS site yourself and sort by preowned, then sort by price. Anything less than $20 should be eligible.
thank you for that, wow, didnt understand wth was the problem, I can search today yes of course, it doesnt mean the same games will be the same prices on the 14th, maybe I didnt type in the exact words or think that I had to, but gamestop prices change all the time, often mysteriously there are wildly different price bumps/drops/changes/whatever right around the exact time promotions start, many times some employee or some CAG who is really savvy will post a spreadsheet/masterlist/tracking sheet/whatever its called - showing the updated prices, and many times they have this info prior to the promo actually happening and people can plan what games to get and what games got a false price increase or what games to avoid, I still dont see the harm in asking for a heads up if anyone has the info prior to the 14

Dear people, using credit to buy gift cards is NOT disallowed in the system. Stop giving wrong info out. I just bought a $50 Amazon with my credit, I didn't even ask I swiped my card and he didn't say anything.

Quick question... If I send my gift card code and pin to someone online, can they use that information in store to make a purchase?  Or would they need the physical card?  Trying to decide if I should mail this card out or not.  Thanks in advance

Quick question... If I send my gift card code and pin to someone online, can they use that information in store to make a purchase? Or would they need the physical card? Trying to decide if I should mail this card out or not. Thanks in advance
Not sure, send it to me and I'll check.

Can confirm trade credit can be used to buy gas cards & GameStop gift cards can be used to buy EBay cards in Fenton, MO (STL.) Two people ahead of me did this tonight.

I know the EBay card was paid for with GS gift cards (not trade credit) specifically as the customer had 6 seperate $50 GC's on his phone & employee had to key in each card manually.
Did the person have a recent Samsung phone? There was a promotion through Samsung Pay for 20% off GS GCs ($40 for $50 GC specifically), and when you pulled up the gift card through the app, it just gave you a card number and PIN that the employee would have to enter manually.

Quick question... If I send my gift card code and pin to someone online, can they use that information in store to make a purchase? Or would they need the physical card? Trying to decide if I should mail this card out or not. Thanks in advance
They could, but it can be a hassle. It'd be easier for you to use the credit on the card to buy a digital card on GS' site and have it emailed to them. Then they would have no issue using it in store.

Plus, you don't need to worry about mailing anything.

They could, but it can be a hassle. It'd be easier for you to use the credit on the card to buy a digital card on GS' site and have it emailed to them. Then they would have no issue using it in store.

Plus, you don't need to worry about mailing anything.
Wow didn't think of that. Thanks I'll give it a shot

I pay with gift cards and trade cards stored within Android Pay all the time with zero issues. In fact, when you order a GS gift card from Swagbucks they give you the option to add it to Google Wallet (now known as Android Pay), so it's pretty widely accepted.

I pay with gift cards and trade cards stored within Android Pay all the time with zero issues. In fact, when you order a GS gift card from Swagbucks they give you the option to add it to Google Wallet (now known as Android Pay), so it's pretty widely accepted.
Could you even load it onto the gamestop app? I'm not sure as I haven't downloaded it yet

Could you even load it onto the gamestop app? I'm not sure as I haven't downloaded it yet
The only $ that can appear in the GS app is if it's trade credit that's been loaded onto your PUR acct instead of an individual trade card.

Tell the person you're giving the card to download Gyft app onto their phone, after entering the card # & pin when they add a new gift card, the app will create a screenshot of the giftcard's bar code for GS to scan. I brought a GS giftcard from eBay & loaded it into Gyft & had them scan the bar code when I went to spend it.

The only $ that can appear in the GS app is if it's trade credit that's been loaded onto your PUR acct instead of an individual trade card.

Tell the person you're giving the card to download Gyft app onto their phone, after entering the card # & pin when they add a new gift card, the app will create a screenshot of the giftcard's bar code for GS to scan. I brought a GS giftcard from eBay & loaded it into Gyft & had them scan the bar code when I went to spend it.
Thanks I'm going to do this to keep track of my gift cards. I don't have anything other than memory now, and that is fading.

Seems as tho these companies may finally be catching on to all the flipping and boomeranging that people have been doing for the past few years because I was just randomly checking some trade in values on gamestop and best buy and they are just god awful now.  Only thing that even comes close to 30 anymore are some select WiiU games.  Pretty much everything else is low 20s or even under 20.  And I can see those values being that low when they are running a trade in bonus but thats been over for what? Going on two weeks now and values havent gone up any.  

Seems as tho these companies may finally be catching on to all the flipping and boomeranging that people have been doing for the past few years because I was just randomly checking some trade in values on gamestop and best buy and they are just god awful now. Only thing that even comes close to 30 anymore are some select WiiU games. Pretty much everything else is low 20s or even under 20. And I can see those values being that low when they are running a trade in bonus but thats been over for what? Going on two weeks now and values havent gone up any.
Yeah because we didn't just have a trade bonus at Gamestop or anything.

It has everything to do with the fact games drop $30 off MSRP within months(sometimes only weeks) of release. If newer games went on sale less often we would probably still have higher trade values but that is not the way the market has gone.

I mentioned in the 50% thread that GS sells Visa Gift cards. Was anyone able to buy a Visa Gift card with their store credit? I would try, but I am one of the unlucky people that can't use store credit to buy any gift cards. This is not a photo from GS, but a picture of what they look like.

Tons-of-Visa-GCs-e1372829557923.jpg
never seen this at my store locations. It maybe on locations. Mostly amazon, gas, food, and noew see ebay.

Just got back from a GS that was out of my district. I was allowed to use my e-rewards GS gift card to buy Amazon gift cards. The cashier said that I was not allowed to use store credit to buy gift cards. I can't just scan my gift card when buying Amazon gift cards because e-rewards only gives you gift cards by printing them out. Hopefully anyone that uses e-rewards, finds this helpful.

I never even looked twice at that app before, but it worked perfectly. Will keep in mind for the future. Thanks!

Next time I go GS I will take a picture of the Visa gift cards. I saw them right above the Amazon gift cards, the top row. Austin,TX
I can confirm that my GS also has Visa gift cards

thank you for that, wow, didnt understand wth was the problem, I can search today yes of course, it doesnt mean the same games will be the same prices on the 14th, maybe I didnt type in the exact words or think that I had to, but gamestop prices change all the time, often mysteriously there are wildly different price bumps/drops/changes/whatever right around the exact time promotions start, many times some employee or some CAG who is really savvy will post a spreadsheet/masterlist/tracking sheet/whatever its called - showing the updated prices, and many times they have this info prior to the promo actually happening and people can plan what games to get and what games got a false price increase or what games to avoid, I still dont see the harm in asking for a heads up if anyone has the info prior to the 14
If you have a list I can make a sheet. Until then you can use the daily sheet to sort everything.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1QHes9WjTbQvu-uB5Bkp_cwrKtJtZiqANFr_RfwvzkYs/edit?usp=sharing

Hey bros I have a question that I'm not sure where to ask. I recently purchased the nathan drake collection bundle with the physical disc. My buddy at work said that you can't trade it in because it says no resell. Is it true?

Hey bros I have a question that I'm not sure where to ask. I recently purchased the nathan drake collection bundle with the physical disc. My buddy at work said that you can't trade it in because it says no resell. Is it true?
No that's only there so you don't try to return the game to Walmart, Target, etc. w/o a receipt to get full retail value of the game.

Doesn't affect trading it in.

Is it just me or did values go down recently? I looked up some stuff on Monday for Wii U and they were $27.50/$25 now some of them dropped to $20. Even some 3DS games that were getting $25 dropped to $20 or lower. 

some places will give you a tough time if you trade it in with the case, especially best buy since most clerks in customer service aren't familiar with games. The not for sale is on the case, not the disc, so you can always just trade in the disc but gamestop should have no problems taking the case + disc, just places like best buy or target or amazon may require a manager to ok it.

Is it just me or did values go down recently? I looked up some stuff on Monday for Wii U and they were $27.50/$25 now some of them dropped to $20. Even some 3DS games that were getting $25 dropped to $20 or lower.
Looks like. Had a couple of items I was checking out before and now they're lower (and unattractive).

No that's only there so you don't try to return the game to Walmart, Target, etc. w/o a receipt to get full retail value of the game.

Doesn't affect trading it in.
It SHOULDN'T affect trading in a game, but two out of three Walmarts flat would not take my disk/case only copy of Skylanders Trap Team because the case said Not For Resale, and the third one had to jump through hoops to "do me a favor" and take it in as trade. I even showed them Walmart's trade-in page online where it says "Game only," but I could just not come up with the right combination of simple words to make them understand. Thank goodness they took it online though. :)

/r

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back