GameStop Trade & Promos XXVII: Values available on the website and on Android/iOS app.

Status
Not open for further replies.

JP

CAG Veteran
Feedback
181 (100%)
WELCOME TO THE NEW GAMESTOP TRADE-IN THREAD.

The new thread format will be a work in progress but this first post will be the promos that are active and useful information, but also wikified. The second post will currently be frequently asked questions but may move it into the first post. Post three will be historical trade-in values from before the list.

Trade-in Values Available at: http://www.gamestop.com/trade

Also on GameStop app on iOS and Android

Upcoming Promotions/Information:

From GameStop employees on CAG:

GameStop.com Information (will post it when they update it)

Guaranteed $30/$40 on select games (Varying End Dates)

GameStop.com said:

Last edited by a moderator:
Will Gamestop take in a used Nintendo Wii if its missing the cover plate for the Gamecube controller/memory card slots?

i think it must be traded towards a new game purchase.

Get 20% Extra Trade Credit for PowerUp Rewards Pro Members
or 10% Extra Trade Credit for all other customers when you trade in any game toward a new title. Valid through 2/28/16.

20% includes 10% PowerUp Rewards Pro Member trade bonus benefit. Trade-In must take place at time of purchase. Trades must be in full working condition to receive full value. Trade credit must be used towards the purchase of a new game. Cannot be combined with any other offer. Trades subject to manager approval. See store associate for details. No dealers. Void where prohibited. GameStop, Inc. reserves the right to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the offer for any reason without notice. Valid through 2/28/16.

i think it must be traded towards a new game purchase.
Get 20% Extra Trade Credit for PowerUp Rewards Pro Members
or 10% Extra Trade Credit for all other customers when you trade in any game toward a new title. Valid through 2/28/16.

20% includes 10% PowerUp Rewards Pro Member trade bonus benefit. Trade-In must take place at time of purchase. Trades must be in full working condition to receive full value. Trade credit must be used towards the purchase of a new game. Cannot be combined with any other offer. Trades subject to manager approval. See store associate for details. No dealers. Void where prohibited. GameStop, Inc. reserves the right to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the offer for any reason without notice. Valid through 2/28/16.
thanks for pointing that out, since I don't buy new games, this deal is worthless for me, oh well

So the deal is 10% added to everyone and only if you buy a new game.

Well this might be OK for someone maybe.

Online price of the order is $10 might extend to stores and Far cry primal is Tuesday isn't it?

Edit: noticed GameCube as a system in the accessories section of the trade values on the app. Nothing there, but semi-interesting

Ugh I am so close to trading in my Xbox one to buy a new video card. I keep the damn thing unplugged most of the time. I like halo 5 but not enough to keep it for $200. I haven't played sunset overdrive yet either but I might never play it..
How much did you pay for yours? I got mine during the B2G1 so mine ultimately came out to $100, which is a steal, but like you, I barely play the thing. I just have too many games to play. There are upcoming X1 games I want but it'll be a long time before they reach a price point I'd pull the trigger on.

Does the old "America's Test Kitchen" trick still work?  Find and buy a throwaway $0.97 "new" PC game in the same transaction and it automatically applies the extra 10% trade value, with the excess credit simply going back onto your card?

I'm tempted to trade in my XBox One for the i3 Alienware Steam Machine - somebody please talk me out of this idea!! All I want to do is play American Truck Simulator. Ideally I'd just sell stuff and build a $500 gaming PC but I don't have the funds for that right now. $200+ for the trade-in seems like a decent deal, especially when I see so many XBox Ones on CL for under $150

I'm tempted to trade in my XBox One for the i3 Alienware Steam Machine - somebody please talk me out of this idea!! All I want to do is play American Truck Simulator. Ideally I'd just sell stuff and build a $500 gaming PC but I don't have the funds for that right now. $200+ for the trade-in seems like a decent deal, especially when I see so many XBox Ones on CL for under $150
Those Xbox ones and ps4s on Craigslist for under $200 are bogus.

Does anyone know if the limit on gift cards on eBay is a rolling or calendar month?
I haven't seen a limit for 1 month but I do know theres a limit over 180 days and its $5,000 in total eBay gc used (I'm gonna say rolling since its 180 days).

I haven't seen a limit for 1 month but I do know theres a limit over 180 days and its $5,000 in total eBay gc used (I'm gonna say rolling since its 180 days).
I have a $500 limit. Not sure if that is buying gift cards on eBay or using eBay gift cards to buy items. When I called they transferred me over to Paypal so they might also be setting the limit.

Also it's currently $15.99 new and $13.49 pre-owned after GCU at BB.
I would expect this to be fixed tomorrow as I saw a similar "glitch" last weekend that got fixed overnight.
Since I've seen you post about it a couple times before, are converting PUR certs into credit the only viable option of using them? I'm thinking I should just cash out on the God of wars and turn my certs into credit

Since I've seen you post about it a couple times before, are converting PUR certs into credit the only viable option of using them? I'm thinking I should just cash out on the God of wars and turn my certs into credit
GOW Remastered is the perfect opportunity to convert them. I rather have them as credit than a PUR cert as I can buy anything with credit and only preowned stuff with the cert.

All I have to say is Cyber Monday 50% off PUR preowned coupons. I wish I had stored up more points than I did for that.

Does anyone know if I can get in store credit by returning an item bought with a reward certificate?
You lose the certificate after you use it. I'm pretty sure you can call customer service and get the points back onto your account, but it's been a long time since I have tried it.

Tempted to trade my Xbox One in as they're currently $200 for a trade in. Do I have to trade in my controller? I'd like to keep it for my PC

Also it's currently $15.99 new and $13.49 pre-owned after GCU at BB.
I would expect this to be fixed tomorrow as I saw a similar "glitch" last weekend that got fixed overnight.
Thank you, picked up two copies and castlevania portrait of ruin for .50 cents after trading them back. Castlevania is incomplete but can't beat it for 50 cents

I just got a Pokemon Day e-mail from GS that says they're also doing DS trade bonuses. $50 for 2DS, $75 for 3DS, and $100 for 3DSXL when you do a trade towards a N3DS, and I assume N3DSXL will apply as well. I don't see the inflated TiV or the promo listed on the site right now, so it might go up tomorrow (new weekly ad day), or it might be only for that one day (2/27). I'm tempted to trade my unused, blue Smash 3DSXL in for the promo, and go to the Pokemon N3DS or try for the FE Fates XL, though that's probably underselling a mint, LE console.

Oh, and Charizard amiibo are supposed to show up there.

I just got a Pokemon Day e-mail from GS that says they're also doing DS trade bonuses. $50 for 2DS, $75 for 3DS, and $100 for 3DSXL when you do a trade towards a N3DS, and I assume N3DSXL will apply as well. I don't see the inflated TiV or the promo listed on the site right now, so it might go up tomorrow (new weekly ad day), or it might be only for that one day (2/27). I'm tempted to trade my unused, blue Smash 3DSXL in for the promo, and go to the Pokemon N3DS or try for the FE Fates XL, though that's probably underselling a mint, LE console.

Since it's a trade X towards Y promo it should trigger when they add Y to the transaction with X.

I got that email as well.

I'm hoping it is towards the N3DS XL as well since it's going on sale $25 off starting tomorrow. Lack of fine print :(

Since it's a trade X towards Y promo it should trigger when they add Y to the transaction with X.
Well, they've claimed that on other things and just overall bumped the TiV of the hardware in the process, like when I traded my XB1 for $250 in credit. Though they SAID it was only when trading towards a console, the base TiV in the system was set at $250, so it didn't matter. That, and like I said, I'm a bit thrown by not having the promo on the list of them on the site.

Heck, I don't even know what I'd play with a N3DS/XL anyway. I've had the Smash one over a year and never even tried turning it on. I guess it's just the thought that I could probably resell a N3DSXL more easily than the regular one, especially if I were lucky enough to get the Fates LE one.

Oh, and forgot to mention the ad has the black and red models at $175. So, if you're not a painted console person, you could trade up from a 3DSXL to a N3DSXL for $75.

Can I buy Amazon gift cards with trade in credit? Also I tried cashing out my trade in credit card as it only has a dollar left. GS employee told me he couldn't because it was trade in credit and not a gift card. Is this actually a thing or was I just lied to?

If you worked during the day you could be making even more money.
Some people do both or work at night. If you don't have two hours free after work that sucks. Then again you may have children. I don't know if your directing it as a insult or not as well. If you think I just flip I don't flip much. I'd show you my BB point history as well as proof but the amount of pictures would be long.

http://imgur.com/9fVmg59

Can I buy Amazon gift cards with trade in credit? Also I tried cashing out my trade in credit card as it only has a dollar left. GS employee told me he couldn't because it was trade in credit and not a gift card. Is this actually a thing or was I just lied to?
1. YMMV, some districts allow it, some don't. Some only let you buy AMZ and gas cards with GS gift cards.

2. It's only a thing in the People's Republic of California.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back