GameStop Trade & Promos XXVII: Values available on the website and on Android/iOS app.

Status
Not open for further replies.

JP

CAG Veteran
Feedback
181 (100%)
WELCOME TO THE NEW GAMESTOP TRADE-IN THREAD.

The new thread format will be a work in progress but this first post will be the promos that are active and useful information, but also wikified. The second post will currently be frequently asked questions but may move it into the first post. Post three will be historical trade-in values from before the list.

Trade-in Values Available at: http://www.gamestop.com/trade

Also on GameStop app on iOS and Android

Upcoming Promotions/Information:

From GameStop employees on CAG:

GameStop.com Information (will post it when they update it)

Guaranteed $30/$40 on select games (Varying End Dates)

GameStop.com said:

Last edited by a moderator:
:/ lol i checked my purchases from the last 10 days and I've done more damage during the holidays in 2015 and yet I've never seen that message before. Is it new?
Pretty sure the limit is tallied over six months so if you went hog wild during the holidays that would still be counting against your limit.

WOW elder scrolls online for ps4 sells for $27.50!
Yeah, and you can get a copy at Redbox for $18.99 + tax.

Other good Redbox trades:

:ps4: :xb1: Sniper Elite III ($8.99 -> $13.75 PUR)

:ps4: :xb1: Resident Evil Revelations 2 ($5.99 -> $13.75 PUR)

:xb1: Halo MCC ($18.99 -> $27.50 PUR)

:ps4: Saints Row IV: Re-Elected + Gat out of Hell ($8.99 -> $13.75 PUR)

:ps4: :xb1: Battlefield Hardline ($8.99 -> $13.75 PUR)

:xb1: State of Decay ($8.99 -> $22.00 PUR)

:ps4: Uncharted Collection ($18.99 -> $27.50 PUR)

:ps4: Bloodborne ($18.99 -> $27.50 PUR)

Yeah, and you can get a copy at Redbox for $18.99 + tax.

Other good Redbox trades:

:ps4: :xb1: Sniper Elite III ($8.99 -> $13.75 PUR)
:ps4: :xb1: Resident Evil Revelations 2 ($5.99 -> $13.75 PUR)
:xb1: Halo MCC ($18.99 -> $27.50 PUR)
:ps4: Saints Row IV: Re-Elected + Gat out of Hell ($8.99 -> $13.75 PUR)
:ps4: :xb1: Battlefield Hardline ($8.99 -> $13.75 PUR)
:xb1: State of Decay ($8.99 -> $22.00 PUR)
:ps4: Uncharted Collection ($18.99 -> $27.50 PUR)
:ps4: Bloodborne ($18.99 -> $27.50 PUR)
Red box has good prices but my particular GameStop charges a $4 refurb fee due to the sticker.

Have a store near work that charges a refurb fee for any game without a case. When I called them on the fact that their "new" often looks the same as "pre-owned," they told me they do it because they don't have time to make cases for the games. Fine, whatever, that's their prerogative. Not sure if it dings them in any way, but I do all my returns at that store. The last time was a retro Amiibo 3-pack I bought at another store but decided against keeping. The employee did not seem pleased to have yet another clearance 3-pack to sell.

I would applaud them if they were actually trying to increase the quality of the games they offer, but this store just seems to be punishing customers arbitrarily. I do trade in the case and artwork when I have it.
I'd call them out on charging a referb fee without a case as the trade-in page says you get the same price without a case.

[attachment=20759:Untitled.png]

Well looks like I'm going to trade my Wii U stuff in as its collecting dust and if NX is backward compatible I can get Pokken Tournament later as that is the only thing in the near future I'd play on my Wii U.

Between games, controllers, system and Amiibo I'm looking at $650 or so in cash. Trade in my PS4 for the $200 and buy the Uncharted edition. Set for gaming money probably for the rest of the year.

Well looks like I'm going to trade my Wii U stuff in as its collecting dust and if NX is backward compatible I can get Pokken Tournament later as that is the only thing in the near future I'd play on my Wii U.
Between games, controllers, system and Amiibo I'm looking at $650 or so in cash. Trade in my PS4 for the $200 and buy the Uncharted edition. Set for gaming money probably for the rest of the year.
Is there any promos for the Wii U? The $100 TIV sucks! lol

I'll give you as much as they will for the console and controller

$650 is set for gaming money for 10 months? :shock:

I think I spent that much last month...

$650 is set for gaming money for 10 months? :shock:

I think I spent that much last month...
So far, there hasn't been much that has blown me away that I need to get.

Uncharted 4 and Overwatch are must buys in my book right now. Everything else I have seen are wait and see when they get closer to release.

So what is the key to having multiple PUR Pro accounts? Meaning what has to be different between them? Just phone number? Email?
I use different phone and email, same address. Keep in mind multiple PURs won't help against trade limits if they ask for a drivers license when you trade in, since it'll key off the DL - would still be limited to 4/month per drivers license.

I use different phone and email, same address. Keep in mind multiple PURs won't help against trade limits if they ask for a drivers license when you trade in, since it'll key off the DL - would still be limited to 4/month per drivers license.
Luckily they only ID me for cash trades, so I should be good. Thanks.

I wanna know how in the hell you can get 650 for your WiiU and games and controllers, Im calling BS, 100 for system and like 6 of the games are worth 30 a piece so thats only 280, there is no fucking way you have another 370 bucks worth of controllers and games, so again i am calling BS.

Of course when I think I'm done for now I stumble on a state of decay at a redbox when I thought they were all gone. Is it possible that redbox might actually be restocking their games? Makes me want to check every redbox now

Luckily they only ID me for cash trades, so I should be good. Thanks.
Once you trade in using your DL under a PUR account, that account starts keeping track of your ID to that PUR. So be sure not to make any cash trades under your secondary PUR since that will essentially tag both accounts as the same.

I wanna know how in the hell you can get 650 for your WiiU and games and controllers, Im calling BS, 100 for system and like 6 of the games are worth 30 a piece so thats only 280, there is no fucking way you have another 370 bucks worth of controllers and games, so again i am calling BS.
Keep it in the bedroom.

Left off Amiibo. I have 58 of those things plus I have other games than just my Wii U collection. Not sure what it matters to you but there you go. Now you know.

Just flipped my "DOTD" Mordor GOTY edition for a cool $22. With the backlog, it really didn't make sense to replay the whole game again. Ill buy the vanilla version and the two dlc's on the cheap before year's end. 

Man, I'm having a hard time taking that $20 hit on a $200 trade by getting cash instead of credit. I mean, GS credit is just so versatile cause I can still get eBay and gas gift cards with it.

Once you trade in using your DL under a PUR account, that account starts keeping track of your ID to that PUR. So be sure not to make any cash trades under your secondary PUR since that will essentially tag both accounts as the same.
If I tried to do my one and only cash trade and was blocked, does that count as my ID being registered? Don't want to blow $15 signing up for another PUR Pro account just to have that one be blocked too.

That's complete BS since I've received multiple games from GS.com purchases that had the RedBox barcode sticker on them, so they don't clean that sticker up one bit.
How can you order from GS.com? I get message with every payment method I try:

"Oops!
We've encountered a problem processing your order. We have not charged you and your order has not been placed. Please try again or contact Customer Care at 1-800-883-8895."

It's been years since I've ordered from them and I see no reason why I would be banned.

i

"Oops!
We've encountered a problem processing your order. We have not charged you and your order has not been placed. Please try again or contact Customer Care at 1-800-883-8895."

It's been years since I've ordered from them and I see no reason why I would be banned.
i got same message after i ordered something from the clearance sale yesterday. i hope it is not ban:/

not banned. i ordered regular item on gs excluded the clearance item. i didnt get that message.

"Oops!

I think you can answer your own question by calling GS. ;)

Would Gamestop accept a Xbox One with a 3rd party power cable?

Also it's the Day One edition, without Kinect. Would they still take it despite having no Kinect?

Employee looked pissed when I traded back the 4 for $20 games and got cash since the promo actually comes up when you traded and him seeing I got more then what I paid for lol.

Bought 2 Golf Club for each system. Tried to trade them at another gamestop, and the cashier only accepted 1 copy of each. I was pissed. 

Bought 2 Golf Club for each system. Tried to trade them at another gamestop, and the cashier only accepted 1 copy of each. I was pissed.
That's standard protocol at GS, FYI.

EDIT - Do you know if anyone recorded and uploaded your reaction??

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back