GameStop Trade & Promos XXVII: Values available on the website and on Android/iOS app.

Status
Not open for further replies.

JP

CAG Veteran
Feedback
181 (100%)
WELCOME TO THE NEW GAMESTOP TRADE-IN THREAD.

The new thread format will be a work in progress but this first post will be the promos that are active and useful information, but also wikified. The second post will currently be frequently asked questions but may move it into the first post. Post three will be historical trade-in values from before the list.

Trade-in Values Available at: http://www.gamestop.com/trade

Also on GameStop app on iOS and Android

Upcoming Promotions/Information:

From GameStop employees on CAG:

GameStop.com Information (will post it when they update it)

Guaranteed $30/$40 on select games (Varying End Dates)

GameStop.com said:

Last edited by a moderator:
OMG, FRICKIN' GAMESTOP! They should tell us when the value will be dropping. I wanted to go last night, but it was storming so I couldn't. Now I'm out of cash for games I genuinely wanted to trade.

glad I went in and cashed in on a bunch of 27.50s and 33s, but I ended up getting to the 2nd gamestop way later then I wanted to (like 7 minutes before close) and so I had mercy on the employee mainly because by the end I just wanted to leave and she obviously wanted that, too.  

Of course, when I first got there the employee chatted with someone for a few minutes before she even acknowledged me.  Then, she couldn't find things that were supposed to have been pulled for me, and after she finally found the game then I hit her with the trade ins (by now she's giving major attitude) and for my finale I give her a $10 and $5 off pre owned certs.... She was trying to convince me I would be wasting the certificates "because I didn't need them.  There's already credit from the trade in so why would you waste a certificate on the game."  I had to be just keep repeating to her "but I want to use those 2 certificates right now on 2 of the games I'm buying," and after like the 5th time she finally made a big dramatic show of it and was like "OK, but you're just wasting it.  Once I scan it, it's gone for good, are you sure you just want to waste it and get nothing?" "Yes." boop beep Credit level increases by $10 boop beep increases again by $5.  And of course that got one last final show of 'tude, too.

But the whole thing threw me off, and I forgot to get cash from her.   She never mentioned the trade as good as cash option, but instead just threw the credit on a card as fast as she could.  

Debating on burning her on the survey, probably will.

edit:

I just checked the values on the 6 or so games I didn't trade in and they all went down like $4... so I lost like $30 because the employee turned into such a bitch that I just wanted to be done dealing with her... yeah I'm burning her on the survey, that made it much easier to decide.

Yay, nuke. They have been giving me heck with my pur cards. I haven't been able to trade anything on them because I was "over my limit" with 100$ of trade in on the card.

Yay, nuke. They have been giving me heck with my pur cards. I haven't been able to trade anything on them because I was "over my limit" with 100$ of trade in on the card.
Over limit on trade credit cards? The limit per card is like $999. Or are you over limit in total trade ins?

So I was gonna trade in Kingdom Hearts Dream Drop Distance today, but at a store I've never visited. The price dropped overnight from $27.50 to $18.70, but I have the higher price still saved on the app. Do I have to go to my home store like it says on the saved TIV or can I go to any store and get the $27.50?

glad I went in and cashed in on a bunch of 27.50s and 33s, but I ended up getting to the 2nd gamestop way later then I wanted to (like 7 minutes before close) and so I had mercy on the employee mainly because by the end I just wanted to leave and she obviously wanted that, too.

Of course, when I first got there the employee chatted with someone for a few minutes before she even acknowledged me. Then, she couldn't find things that were supposed to have been pulled for me, and after she finally found the game then I hit her with the trade ins (by now she's giving major attitude) and for my finale I give her a $10 and $5 off pre owned certs.... She was trying to convince me I would be wasting the certificates "because I didn't need them. There's already credit from the trade in so why would you waste a certificate on the game." I had to be just keep repeating to her "but I want to use those 2 certificates right now on 2 of the games I'm buying," and after like the 5th time she finally made a big dramatic show of it and was like "OK, but you're just wasting it. Once I scan it, it's gone for good, are you sure you just want to waste it and get nothing?" "Yes." boop beep Credit level increases by $10 boop beep increases again by $5. And of course that got one last final show of 'tude, too.

But the whole thing threw me off, and I forgot to get cash from her. She never mentioned the trade as good as cash option, but instead just threw the credit on a card as fast as she could.

edit:

I just checked the values on the 6 or so games I didn't trade in and they all went down like $4... so I lost like $30 because the employee turned into such a bitch that I just wanted to be done dealing with her... yeah I'm burning her on the survey, that made it much easier to decide.
I had two different employees give me shit like this lately. I don't fucking get how they don't understand how the coupons work. They always act like just because I use credit, the coupons become instantly worthless.

Of course, when I first got there the employee chatted with someone for a few minutes before she even acknowledged me. Then, she couldn't find things that were supposed to have been pulled for me, and after she finally found the game then I hit her with the trade ins (by now she's giving major attitude) and for my finale I give her a $10 and $5 off pre owned certs.... She was trying to convince me I would be wasting the certificates "because I didn't need them. There's already credit from the trade in so why would you waste a certificate on the game." I had to be just keep repeating to her "but I want to use those 2 certificates right now on 2 of the games I'm buying," and after like the 5th time she finally made a big dramatic show of it and was like "OK, but you're just wasting it. Once I scan it, it's gone for good, are you sure you just want to waste it and get nothing?" "Yes." boop beep Credit level increases by $10 boop beep increases again by $5. And of course that got one last final show of 'tude, too.

But the whole thing threw me off, and I forgot to get cash from her. She never mentioned the trade as good as cash option, but instead just threw the credit on a card as fast as she could.

edit:
You got there 7 min before closing and had a large transaction to take care of. What did you expect? You would be pissed if you were the employee too. And it's unlikely you could have gotten cash for all your trade-ins because Gamestop carries less than $50 cash after 7pm for security reasons.

I don't see how people obviously do something stupid and then blames it on other people. Dude probably hasn't eaten at a restaurant that isn't a Taco Bell because no restaurant will serve you 7 min before closing either.

So I was gonna trade in Kingdom Hearts Dream Drop Distance today, but at a store I've never visited. The price dropped overnight from $27.50 to $18.70, but I have the higher price still saved on the app. Do I have to go to my home store like it says on the saved TIV or can I go to any store and get the $27.50?
Most employees won't give you the saved value including managers. You need to find a store with a cool manager that has trained the employees to be able to adjust TiVs manually. And Ofc that's very rare so better to just give it up.

OMG, FRICKIN' GAMESTOP! They should tell us when the value will be dropping. I wanted to go last night, but it was storming so I couldn't. Now I'm out of cash for games I genuinely wanted to trade.
GS should tell us when we can get the most money from them? This is why people hate us millennials. lol

GS should tell us when we can get the most money from them? This is why people hate us millennials. lol
No, they should tell us when their trade values will drop... As in, trade values good till 3/1/2016.

Or there should at least be consistency with when they drop. They shouldn't just drop 'em in the middle of a promotion, but they did and now they won't be getting two preowned copies of Halo: The Master Chief Collection and Middle-Earth: Shadow of Mordor GOTY Edition from me. I guess I'm going to have to play themnow!

7 minutes before closing is still time to serve someone. What the hell is with this "omg, gotta get out of here ASAP, manager wouldn't want me helping people after close" mentality? It's fucking stupid. When I worked retail, my store sold laptops, and I was in charge of selling them. If you came in at fucking 1 minute before we closed, I would help you until we were fucking done. I'd provide the same great service and attitude I provided the rest of the day because I'm not a whiney little bitch with no work ethic.

No, they should tell us when their trade values will drop... As in, trade values good till 3/1/2016.

Or there should at least be consistency with when they drop. They shouldn't just drop 'em in the middle of a promotion, but they did and now they won't be getting two preowned copies of Halo: The Master Chief Collection and Middle-Earth: Shadow of Mordor GOTY Edition from me. I guess I'm going to have to play themnow!
You snooze you lose

7 minutes before closing is still time to serve someone. What the hell is with this "omg, gotta get out of here ASAP, manager wouldn't want me helping people after close" mentality? It's fucking stupid. When I worked retail, my store sold laptops, and I was in charge of selling them. If you came in at fucking 1 minute before we closed, I would help you until we were fucking done. I'd provide the same great service and attitude I provided the rest of the day because I'm not a whiney little bitch with no work ethic.
When I worked retail we closed the gate early so we could get the fuck out of there at a reasonable time. Unless you're commission based, there is absolutely no reason to be pushing it at the close of business.

1VXNAqr.jpg

As much as we all wish values would hold longer, as we all know, when values are too good to be true, it's better to act on it as soon as possible. I missed out, too.

I'm sorry we closed. Next time for sure. Honestly when I try and do a trade in 10 minutes before the store closes its always a headache to get them to do it.

Traded in Donkey Kong Tropical Freeze yesterday for $22, more than when the MSRP is going for in a couple days when the Nintendo Selects comes out. Hopefully the pre-owned prices will drop even further for me to re-buy it.

Was also able to score a Bayonetta 1+2 combo at the same Gamestop someone traded in an hour before I walked in!

Sounds like a shitty ass store lol
Yep.

Early last summer, the manager refused to take my trades 55 minutes before closing. Last day of a promo too. That's when I found out about his policy. Total dick. Never mind that I had been standing in line for 10 minutes before this.

He did finally relent and said he would do me a "favor" after I argued with him for 5 minutes. He grumbled the entire transaction about doing me a "favor" and gave me a few $4 refurb fees on top of it as a further reminder. I could only bow down before his massive generosity. He had so much work to do before close that he spent almost as much time arguing with me as processing my trades.

I frequently go 10-15 minutes out of my way to the other store in town because the manager is so much nicer. This guy always seems like he is going to blow a gasket.

I guess I should have posted this earlier, but if you're bringing in a larger transaction (over $200) and they tell you they're having to write a check... remember that the "same as cash" promotion essentially permits the balance to apply to pre-paid visa cards.

Also, worth noting that with the cash promotion (perhaps credit as well) the system treats Refurb fees as a "taxable amount" ... so if you have $30 in refurb fees because you have no cases... you're losing another $2.xx in taxes.

Yep.

Early last summer, the manager refused to take my trades 55 minutes before closing. Last day of a promo too. That's when I found out about his policy. Total dick. Never mind that I had been standing in line for 10 minutes before this.
Many stores will refuse console trade-ins in the last 30 minutes to an hour before closing because of updates, but it sounds like it was just games... I suspect he didn't want to inventory the games before he went home (because they do pile up). A 12 game trade in (even with searching the names) should take no longer than 10 minutes unless somebody is chatty.

Refurb fees get taxed no matter how you are getting the money. (credit/cash)

And that's assuming your store has the Visas.  I still haven't seen them in my state even though one store told me last fall they were supposed to be getting them soon.

And that's assuming your store has the Visas. I still haven't seen them in my state even though one store told me last fall they were supposed to be getting them soon.
Even without Visas, you're still able to split it up to cards that were previously restricted by corporate (albeit not enforced everywhere) like eBay/Amazon to help you get the difference into an acceptable "we have it in the drawer" range.

Because GS demands employees have done all tasks & be out of the store by 9:30, unless it's a late night release or some special project like inventory or resetting the store.

Yep.

He did finally relent and said he would do me a "favor" after I argued with him for 5 minutes. He grumbled the entire transaction about doing me a "favor" and gave me a few $4 refurb fees on top of it as a further reminder. I could only bow down before his massive generosity. He had so much work to do before close that he spent almost as much time arguing with me as processing my trades.

I frequently go 10-15 minutes out of my way to the other store in town because the manager is so much nicer. This guy always seems like he is going to blow a gasket.
Hope you burned him on the survey.

I guess I should have posted this earlier, but if you're bringing in a larger transaction (over $200) and they tell you they're having to write a check... remember that the "same as cash" promotion essentially permits the balance to apply to pre-paid visa cards.

Also, worth noting that with the cash promotion (perhaps credit as well) the system treats Refurb fees as a "taxable amount" ... so if you have $30 in refurb fees because you have no cases... you're losing another $2.xx in taxes.
Wow I traded in $296 in one transaction yesterday. I essentially cleared out the register's cash. No pre-paid visa for me =)

I did have to take lots of $5s. Good thing I brought a bank envelope because my wallet would've burst with all those bills.

I also refuse to pay refurb fees for games that work, so I just politely ask for the game back. I know that "refurb" fee will not fix the game. Either the game will go right on the shelf anyway or it will be eaten by the refurb center in Texas where games go to die. I get games in much worse condition from them than the ones they try to charge the fee on.

Most employees won't give you the saved value including managers. You need to find a store with a cool manager that has trained the employees to be able to adjust TiVs manually. And Ofc that's very rare so better to just give it up.
I have yet to see any GS employee honor a save TIV after the current TIV has dropped, even the cool ones.

Yes!

When I worked retail we closed the gate early so we could get the fuck out of there at a reasonable time. Unless you're commission based, there is absolutely no reason to be pushing it at the close of business.
No.....

I also refuse to pay refurb fees for games that work, so I just politely ask for the game back. I know that "refurb" fee will not fix the game. Either the game will go right on the shelf anyway or it will be eaten by the refurb center in Texas where games go to die. I get games in much worse condition from them than the ones they try to charge the fee on.
Me too. I just keep the game and refurb it myself. It's a 2.5 minute process.

Me too. I just keep the game and refurb it myself. It's a 2.5 minute process.
I'll pay the guy down the street to do it for $2.50 rather than $4 if it actually wont play. Otherwise, I'll take it to another store or hope the guy who takes anything is there when I return. This time I'll just have to sell it on Amazon due to the TiV bump ending.

I have yet to see any GS employee honor a save TIV after the current TIV has dropped, even the cool ones.

Yes!

No.....
I certainly haven't either but I have seen cool employees manually adjust TiVs for promos not applying. So when they say they can't help you it's not really true, because it is possible. But the only way they would even consider it is if they were trained by a cool manager who would have done it for you or allowed them to do it. They have to write the stuff into a book that they will then have to explain to the district manager or someone on why they did it. Basically it's troublesome, so most don't teach their employees on how to do it.

I certainly haven't either but I have seen cool employees manually adjust TiVs for promos not applying. So when they say they can't help you it's not really true, because it is possible. But the only way they would even consider it is if they were trained by a cool manager who would have done it for you or allowed them to do it. They have to write the stuff into a book that they will then have to explain to the district manager or someone on why they did it. Basically it's troublesome, so most don't teach their employees on how to do it.
I read it on CAG once that someone got their TIV to be honored. Just once though... That person hit the jackpot that day.

does anyone remember how much wii super smash bros brawl trade for in the previous promo? i think it was 50% bonus? i got one copy left over and i am trying to decide to just trade it in at $14.30 or take a risk and wait till next promo

does anyone remember how much wii super smash bros brawl trade for in the previous promo? i think it was 50% bonus? i got one copy left over and i am trying to decide to just trade it in at $14.30 or take a risk and wait till next promo
Think I got $27.50 for it during the 50% bonus

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back