GameStop Trade & Promos XXVII: Values available on the website and on Android/iOS app.

Status
Not open for further replies.

JP

CAG Veteran
Feedback
181 (100%)
WELCOME TO THE NEW GAMESTOP TRADE-IN THREAD.

The new thread format will be a work in progress but this first post will be the promos that are active and useful information, but also wikified. The second post will currently be frequently asked questions but may move it into the first post. Post three will be historical trade-in values from before the list.

Trade-in Values Available at: http://www.gamestop.com/trade

Also on GameStop app on iOS and Android

Upcoming Promotions/Information:

From GameStop employees on CAG:

GameStop.com Information (will post it when they update it)

Guaranteed $30/$40 on select games (Varying End Dates)

GameStop.com said:

Last edited by a moderator:
Hopefully not that many people take the bait on the horrible valves that are up right now. Maybe we'll get another promo soon if they need games. I can't imagine they'd even run this cash deal unless they needed stock. But who am I kidding this is GameStop. People know they're getting destroyed on trade ins.

For anyone who may have taken advantage of the recent trade promo. If you grabbed ebay credit, ebay has a promo right now for $100 BB gc + 10 ebay gc for $100.

The amount of whining and crying of entitled little brats in this thread is ridiculous.  GAMESTOP OWES YOU NOTHING!  You are entitled to shit.  It was a random bump and we all know bumps usually only last the weekend,  I am suprised it lasted through monday.  Andd do you really think that they wouldnt tank values with them giving same amount in cash as credit right now? Because lets face it them giving actual cash insted of credit right now is cutting deep into their bottom line because more then likely people are not going to be spending that cash back at their store whereas credit has to be spent there.  So basically moral of the story is stop your fucking whining and get over it.

You got there 7 min before closing and had a large transaction to take care of. What did you expect? You would be pissed if you were the employee too. And it's unlikely you could have gotten cash for all your trade-ins because Gamestop carries less than $50 cash after 7pm for security reasons.

I don't see how people obviously do something stupid and then blames it on other people. Dude probably hasn't eaten at a restaurant that isn't a Taco Bell because no restaurant will serve you 7 min before closing either.
And she wasted a ton of time not acknowledging me and talking with somebody. I had confirmation emails for all my items I was buying. She should have been able to go their stupid drawer, pull out the games, grab my stupid Capt America Funko POP!, and then scan all of my pristine games complete in packaging and scanned 2 coupons and still had time to spare.

But you're probably as retarded and stubborn as this bitch was. Gamestop isn't a restaurant , it's a fucking store in a mall. If you're going to call somebody stupid don't go making idiotic comparisons. Stores in malls routinely have to stay open a few minutes past their closing time. Just how it goes sometimes. 5 minutes isn't going to kill anybody. Happened to me many times when I worked retail. Sure, it bothered me, but I didn't make a show out of it and act like an entitled immature bitch about it, either. And if I was handing said customer a receipt that asks them to take a survey about me specifically, you can bet I would suck up whatever I felt and just smiled and thanked them for their business when they were done. It's called being a professional.

And guess what? Sometimes nice restaurants actually have nice employees and they go the extra step to accommodate some customers, and then they get nice tips. But that's probably nothing you've experienced cuz you just drink jizz all the time and it's fucked up your brain.

If the store employees were focused on their job and not their cell phones or conversations, I would have been able to trade in all the games I brought in and not missed out on an extra $30+... but because she and her coworkers were lazy, it became no fun for any of us.

If Gamestop carries less then $50 after 7, when they stay open until 9, and then they run a big promotion where trading in 2 games can easily be over $50 that they want to pay you in cash for, well guess what - that's their fucking fault, not mine.

LOL probably a tad too much here, but oh well whatever

For anyone who may have taken advantage of the recent trade promo. If you grabbed ebay credit, ebay has a promo right now for $100 BB gc + 10 ebay gc for $100.
There is also a 6 percent back in ebay bucks promotion going on at the moment as well. Wish it occurred yesterday though.

Just got back from GS. I got $202.20 cash. I traded in my PS4 BF Uncharted Bundle minus the Uncharted game. It was making an annoying humming noise every time I turned it on and played a game. The disc drive was also noisy. The headphones that came with the PS4 were $2 TIV + $0.20 for PUR Pro 10%. The cashier had to open both registers to get the $202.20. Glad I was the first person in the store, else he would have told me "sorry we don't have anymore money".

I have about six saved trade in values on my mobile app from 2am this morning still showing valid. They have tanked according to the website but i still have them saved. Willany store honor my saved values or are they going to act like im kidnapping their first born solid gold child?

Heh, a couple days ago I traded four copies of Pokemon White 2 for $22 cash each, and now the value has tanked to $14.30 each. Looks like I finally came out on the winning wide with the "sell now vs. wait" game.

Shame to see they're tanking all the values and getting rid of the flips though. Pokemon HeartGold, SoulSilver, and Zelda Skyward Sword went from $33 to $22, and Mario Party 9 went from $33 to $27.50. I planned on using their B2G1 free on Wii/DS games promo and getting 3 of them for $90, and selling them back for $99 a few times for a free $36.

They also got rid of the Final Fantasy X/X-2 HD PS4 flip. Can get it new for $19.99 but the TIV tanked from $22 to $14.30.

The 4 for $20 flip still works but they lowered the value of Golf Club for PS4. So now it's about a $12 profit rather than $15.

Sucks :/

I had a guy get made at me last night because it was 9:15 pm and I wouldn't let him in the store to buy mortal kombat xl
You are lucky he didn't go Scorpion on you. You are better than me, because when I am working I am walking out the door at 9:00pm.

Scorpion%2Bmortal%2Bkombat%2B5.gif

Heh, a couple days ago I traded four copies of Pokemon White 2 for $22 cash each, and now the value has tanked to $14.30 each. Looks like I finally came out on the winning wide with the "sell now vs. wait" game.

Shame to see they're tanking all the values and getting rid of the flips though. Pokemon HeartGold, SoulSilver, and Zelda Skyward Sword went from $33 to $22, and Mario Party 9 went from $33 to $27.50. I planned on using their B2G1 free on Wii/DS games promo and getting 3 of them for $90, and selling them back for $99 a few times for a free $36.

They also got rid of the Final Fantasy X/X-2 HD PS4 flip. Can get it new for $19.99 but the TIV tanked from $22 to $14.30.

The 4 for $20 flip still works but they lowered the value of Golf Club for PS4. So now it's about a $12 profit rather than $15.

Sucks :/
It's almost like they had a 5 day promo that ended. Strange.

IIRC Gamestop always tank TIVs on Wednesdays. Someone correct me if I am wrong.

Right. I think you're overreacting and there was no reason for your several offensive responses. For the record, I didn't say you were stupid - I said you did something stupid. Even smart people do stupid things at least sometimes. That you're not able to discern the difference implies to me that you don't know how to conduct yourself in the real world, let alone act professionally.

It's almost like they had a 5 day promo that ended. Strange.
And what was that? Didn't see anything about it on the website.

And aren't you the guy who said I'd for sure be trade-banned last month in the 50% bonus topic? Lmao, well it's March and I'm still alive and flipping.

i'm just calling him stupid, that's all.   you know, like he did to me out of nowhere.   so relax :) and also feel free to argue semantics all you want (didn't see you replied, actually - this was originally more to Deader''s comments).

edit - and also, I personally have no problem with whitereflection guzzling jiizz.  I didn't mean to make anti-any group statements, so I apologize for that.   But when Trump becomes president, I think he might be in trouble.

This is an internet forum and has no basis for anything in real life.  I realized it was probably a little too much but it doesn't really matter so I didn't edit.  I didn't think it was enough to hurt feelings - so from one jizz guzzler to another, sorry. 

See?  who cares what is written in these forums?  

And what was that? Didn't see anything about it on the website.

And aren't you the guy who said I'd for sure be trade-banned last month in the 50% bonus topic? Lmao, well it's March and I'm still alive and flipping.
It was a weekend MWT promo that started Friday and ended Tuesday.

Sooooooo does GS honor saved trade in values on mobile app/website account? How likely is it that they will?
I would say very unlikely.

I believe that requires them to override the values and that's something they're always hesitant to do, unless there's a promo going on that's not working.

i'm just calling him stupid, that's all. you know, like he did to me out of nowhere. so relax :)

edit - and also, I personally have no problem with whitereflection guzzling jiizz. I didn't mean to make anti-any group statements, so I apologize for that. But when Trump becomes president, I think he might be in trouble.

This is an internet forum and has no basis for anything in real life.
But I didn't. Go back and read my post.

You made several anti-gay and retard statements and now you're like, "It's just an Internet forum. Relax"?

Now that you've gotten sleep over yesterday's event, don't you see you were at least partly responsible? I never said the associate had no culpability either. She could have ended it with three little words: "Come back tomorrow." Any reasonable manager would have backed her up seeing how late the transaction was. The fact remains that even if you traded in everything just then before closing, you were unlikely to get cash.

I would say very unlikely.

I believe that requires them to override the values and that's something they're always hesitant to do, unless there's a promo going on that's not working.
Thanks thats some BS though if they dont. Ill try later today anyway, let it be known here the results

So I checked and called up a few stores and Golf Club (X1/PS4), Skate 2 (X360) and Destiny (X1) add up to 30.40. Sounds like I will do some trade ins today.

I have about six saved trade in values on my mobile app from 2am this morning still showing valid. They have tanked according to the website but i still have them saved. Willany store honor my saved values or are they going to act like im kidnapping their first born solid gold child?
Sooooooo does GS honor saved trade in values on mobile app/website account? How likely is it that they will?
They CAN honor them, but they probably won't. Expect the worst, hope for the best, and have someone record you when you lose your cool. :cool:

You made several anti-gay and retard statements and now you're like, "It's just an Internet forum. Relax"?
Where was he gay bashing?

And don't worry, as long as you're not referring to an actually retarded person you're OK according to the hashtag activism!

would you happen to know what Pokemon Black 2's TIV was?

The values refresh at 2am est. But the values tanked a couple hours later. Definitely gonna lose my cool later today if they dont honor it!

The values refresh at 2am est. But the values tanked a couple hours later. Definitely gonna lose my cool later today if they dont honor it!
What time did you lock the values in? If it was after midnight but before the values went down, then MAYBE you'd have a shot if there is a 400 lb single woman working the register and you're willing to lose some integrity by making her feel good. If you locked them in before midnight, no way should they honor it. It clearly says until the end of the day. It absolutely sucks and I was in the same boat. I hope it works out for you though

IIRC Gamestop always tank TIVs on Wednesdays. Someone correct me if I am wrong.
I don't think here's any set day. I've seen these bump promos last thru Sunday sometimes and Monday others, I'm actually very surprised this bump lasted thru Tuesday.

Now that you've gotten sleep over yesterday's event, don't you see you were at least partly responsible? I never said the associate had no culpability either. She could have ended it with three little words: "Come back tomorrow." Any reasonable manager would have backed her up seeing how late the transaction was. The fact remains that even if you traded in everything just then before closing, you were unlikely to get cash.
it's really not an event, nor do i need time to reflect - altho i do need to go do the survey. and if you're really bored, which I think you might be, do a search in these forums for "Caitlyn" and my posts around the dates when the sex change news broke if you truly are offended by a few sentences written in a video game forum (despite my immediate deflection that i'd probably taken it too far but I didn't feel like editing it). there's really no need to go on and on about this retarded anecdote anymore.

So, yeah...

This turned out to be a deal.  Ended up with Destiny plus a few extra dollars in my pocket after turning in the other 3 games

Saw that X360 Rayman Legends dropped from $25 to $13 base. Glad I found a copy at my local BB for $9 (after GCU) and traded it in for $27.50 cash yesterday.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back