GameStop Trade & Promos XXVII: Values available on the website and on Android/iOS app.

Status
Not open for further replies.

JP

CAG Veteran
Feedback
181 (100%)
WELCOME TO THE NEW GAMESTOP TRADE-IN THREAD.

The new thread format will be a work in progress but this first post will be the promos that are active and useful information, but also wikified. The second post will currently be frequently asked questions but may move it into the first post. Post three will be historical trade-in values from before the list.

Trade-in Values Available at: http://www.gamestop.com/trade

Also on GameStop app on iOS and Android

Upcoming Promotions/Information:

From GameStop employees on CAG:

GameStop.com Information (will post it when they update it)

Guaranteed $30/$40 on select games (Varying End Dates)

GameStop.com said:

Last edited by a moderator:
When you try to search for Wii U, nothing comes up but I see that in the top system trades. Must mean they aren't trying to take anymore in at this time or just hasn't been fully updated yet.
Time to go hang out outside Gamestop and wait for the disappointed people to come back out with their Wii U's in-hand and offer them $20 each. My fortress of Wii U's will be complete in no time (and under budget!)

Time to go hang out outside Gamestop and wait for the disappointed people to come back out with their Wii U's in-hand and offer them $20 each. My fortress of Wii U's will be complete in no time (and under budget!)
Will you be building it next to Vigilante's igloo of UFC Undisputed 3?

http://www.gamestop.com/trade

TiV for Wii U 32gb black is $0.01. LOL

When you try to search for Wii U, nothing comes up but I see that in the top system trades. Must mean they aren't trying to take anymore in at this time or just hasn't been fully updated yet.

You can trade it in and pick up a game guide!

I called today to get a quote and I was told $100. They don't know why the site wasn't showing it.

So has anyone else noticed that on GameStop's site they are advertising $150 towards a new Xbox one for a PS3 or Xbox 360 (320 gb or higher) for pro members? I'm honestly shocked they are offering $150.

So has anyone else noticed that on GameStop's site they are advertising $150 towards a new Xbox one for a PS3 or Xbox 360 (320 gb or higher) for pro members? I'm honestly shocked they are offering $150.
Holy shit, Microsoft is definitely paying for this one.

It's a coupon under your active offers. 

LEGAL - $150 PS3 AND XBOX 360 TRADE OFFER

Limit 1 coupon per customer. Coupon must be surrendered upon redemption. Offer valid on XBOX 360 and PS3 models 320GB or higher. Offer valid for PowerUp Reward Pro Members only. Credit must be applied toward the purchase or reservation of a new XBOX ONE. Not valid toward cash trades. Trades must be in full working condition to receive full value. Defective items may be eligible for trade at a lesser value. Trades subject to manager approval. Cannot be combined with any other offer. See store associate for details. No dealers. Offer valid in the United States and Guam only. Void where prohibited. GameStop, Inc. reserves the right to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the offer for any reason without notice. Valid 3/7/16 through 3/20/16.

If only the majority of the Xbox 360 games I have would become backwards compatible then I might buy an Xbox one.... And if it had more exclusives that aren't on windows

Now I'm confused. There's a couple places on Gamestop's site that say you can trade in any PS4 or XBox One for $200 - same value cash or credit. On the main page, it mentions $160 is the cash value; $200 in trade credit. I'm seriously considering dumping my XBox One as I transition to PC MasterRace but Gamestop credit won't do much for me, maybe Steam gift cards. 

Now I'm confused. There's a couple places on Gamestop's site that say you can trade in any PS4 or XBox One for $200 - same value cash or credit. On the main page, it mentions $160 is the cash value; $200 in trade credit. I'm seriously considering dumping my XBox One as I transition to PC MasterRace but Gamestop credit won't do much for me, maybe Steam gift cards.
I'm pretty sure the ad in the main page marquis hasn't been updated to reflect the "cash same as trade" promo.

I just traded mine for $200 cash last night

Hmm, maybe if I can find a cheap DS3/sixaxis, I'll trade it in for a Quantum Break console and forget about it for a month or so.  I just bought a Forza console a few months ago, so I really don't need another XB1.  But $150 for this unused PS3 is more than I'll ever dream of getting.  

Hmm, maybe if I can find a cheap DS3/sixaxis, I'll trade it in for a Quantum Break console and forget about it for a month or so. I just bought a Forza console a few months ago, so I really don't need another XB1. But $150 for this unused PS3 is more than I'll ever dream of getting.
What firmware is it?

I'm merely asking for a friend of mine....ahem.

I actually got super lucky tonight. Went to trade in my 160 gig slim PS3 and the manager rung it up as a 320 gig. I brought it up and he just shrugged and went through with the transaction as a 320.

Really made me wish that I just put it all toward a preorder of that Quantum Break system and just cancelled it a couple of days later.

I wish that was $150 for a PS4, or even $100. Even though I still want to play my PS3, I'd still trade up to a PS4 and get the PS3 a second time near the KH3 release, for $150. I only spent $85 on the thing.

I wish that was $150 for a PS4, or even $100. Even though I still want to play my PS3, I'd still trade up to a PS4 and get the PS3 a second time near the KH3 release, for $150. I only spent $85 on the thing.
Could trade it in and put the credit towards the Quantum Break XB1 bundle.

And cancel before the release date. Then buy the PS4.

If I'm not mistaken.

Could trade it in and put the credit towards the Quantum Break XB1 bundle.

And cancel before the release date. Then buy the PS4.

If I'm not mistaken.
It says on the coupon, "Credit must be applied toward the purchase of a new Xbox One." Haven't previous things said "purchase or pre-order?"

Even then, it feels too shady. I'm not sure I could do that and not need a shower after.

Sorry if a really nooby question but what does gamestop require when trading in an xbox one? I know they want the controlle and the power cable. what about the HDMI cable? and the box?

Thank you. One last noob question. Do I need to provide batteries for the controller too?
You can, but all the times I've traded in a console, they either 1) tested the controller with my batteries to c if it worked, took the batteries out & gave batteries back to me asking if I wanted them back lol or 2) took the batteries out to give them back to me saying they don't need them & got batteries from their stash beside the counter (I guess a stash of batteries to use in controllers during tradeins) to see if the controller worked or not.

Until when's the $200 cash deal for trading a X1/PS4? Is today the last day, or the 20th? I'm confused since the site says "value subject to change without notice" but the weekly ad from last week states "offer ends 3/20/16".

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back