GameStop Trade & Promos XXVII: Values available on the website and on Android/iOS app.

Status
Not open for further replies.

JP

CAG Veteran
Feedback
181 (100%)
WELCOME TO THE NEW GAMESTOP TRADE-IN THREAD.

The new thread format will be a work in progress but this first post will be the promos that are active and useful information, but also wikified. The second post will currently be frequently asked questions but may move it into the first post. Post three will be historical trade-in values from before the list.

Trade-in Values Available at: http://www.gamestop.com/trade

Also on GameStop app on iOS and Android

Upcoming Promotions/Information:

From GameStop employees on CAG:

GameStop.com Information (will post it when they update it)

Guaranteed $30/$40 on select games (Varying End Dates)

GameStop.com said:

Last edited by a moderator:
Until when's the $200 cash deal for trading a X1/PS4? Is today the last day, or the 20th? I'm confused since the site says "value subject to change without notice" but the weekly ad from last week states "offer ends 3/20/16".
It's supposed to end on the 20th, but the value is subject to change without notice...

Seems I have underestimated your cheapness.

If not, buy an XB1 and return it the next day for a PS4.
I tried that last year and it didn't bode well for me. I tried to return to a different store and they couldn't get it to process, and I had to return it to the store I bought it from. The manager was an absolute dick and tried to refuse my return of the console because I bought it using a trade bump promo. After about 15 minutes of arguing with him, he ended up manually adjusting my refund to negate the trade bonus.

I tried that last year and it didn't bode well for me. I tried to return to a different store and they couldn't get it to process, and I had to return it to the store I bought it from. The manager was an absolute dick and tried to refuse my return of the console because I bought it using a trade bump promo. After about 15 minutes of arguing with him, he ended up manually adjusting my refund to negate the trade bonus.
Wow, it would take at least three receipts for me to burn that man properly...

It's supposed to end on the 20th, but the value is subject to change without notice...
Not sure if you get what I'm trying to say, but on this page (http://www.gamestop.com/trade) under the "get $200 cash or credit" it says "value is subject to change without notice". However, on the weekly ad it says "offer ends 3/20".

Reason I'm asking is because I'm still unsure whether or not I should just sell my unit today or do it sometime before the 20th.

Not sure if you get what I'm trying to say, but on this page (http://www.gamestop.com/trade) under the "get $200 cash or credit" it says "value is subject to change without notice". However, on the weekly ad it says "offer ends 3/20".

Reason I'm asking is because I'm still unsure whether or not I should just sell my unit today or do it sometime before the 20th.
Gamestop will give you $200 today, but who knows, they may drop the value to $125 or something else lower than $200 between now and the 20th. That's the risk you take with these promos.

Every promo has that kind of talk in the fine print. If you want to take advantage of a promo, you should always do it ASAP.

Every promo has that kind of talk in the fine print. If you want to take advantage of a promo, you should always do it ASAP.
That one specifically said the 20th when it started and they dropped that for the subject to change language when the cash promo went live.

I miss the $72 Pikmin 3 trade in value from GS more.
Nah. That's one game you could flip. Target had an endless well of games, including ones you could flip from the store itself. No having to find a game whose stock wasn't great or having title limits. I think I put in about $170 and ended up with $410.

So, I guess last-minute deliberations. My GameStops have the Hyrule N3DSXL, which doesn't particularly intrigue me, None have the ones I'd actually get (Fates/Pokemon), so the options end up being Hyrule at $200 or red/black at $175, before the trade promo. Should I bite, people of CAG?

Anyone know of any relatively decent GS->GS flips? Trying to get rid of a $15 cert. Would really like to convert some/most of it to credit to get an Amazon card and get Pikmin 3 for $16.

So I was in GameStop today and the assistant manager said they will soon be taking in Gamecube, Xbox, Gameboy, Gameboy Color, Gameboy Advance and even Sega Saturn games for trade apparently. He is a really reliable guy and has treated me well in the past. Also there may be some changes to the Power Up program or something along those lines. I don't have much more info on that as of yet but according to my stores manager they are in talks with corporate about some changes...if anybody who works at Gamestop could help back me up that would appreciative but again it's just what I was told. 

So I was in GameStop today and the assistant manager said they will soon be taking in Gamecube, Xbox, Gameboy, Gameboy Color, Gameboy Advance and even Sega Saturn games for trade apparently. He is a really reliable guy and has treated me well in the past. Also there may be some changes to the Power Up program or something along those lines. I don't have much more info on that as of yet but according to my stores manager they are in talks with corporate about some changes...if anybody who works at Gamestop could help back me up that would appreciative but again it's just what I was told.
There is some big announcement on sunday. There is a Manager meeting tomorrow so hopefully i get a word on what it is early.

Also there may be some changes to the Power Up program or something along those lines. I don't have much more info on that as of yet but according to my stores manager they are in talks with corporate about some changes...
Should be addressing the general unhappiness about Best Buy / Amazon having 20% off pre-orders and offering people who pre-order at GS a whopping $1 They should also be unveiling Epic Rewards, whose subsection has been added for 5 months.... but never filled.

Their promotions department have really dropped the ball. The "DLC" bonuses have made the company lazy on that end.

Don't worry, fellas.  The GameStop brass have it all under control.  

tAsS9lK.png

Wait so if I use a bday and a cert it'll be bday then $ off cert right? and then PUR PRO at the end right? So for Primal $54.99-$11(bday)-$25off-PUR Pro ($1.90) would make it $17.10 before taxes??

So clearance them out at 75% off, then years later take them all back? Gamestop really is playing the long game.

Pre-owned pricing on all the nintendo selects games dropped to $18.99, I was able to score a copy of Pikmin 3 in my area for $17.XX

EDIT: Looks like the Super Mario all stars is still $29.99... Maybe because they are planning on separating the limited edition from the selects version?

There will be an upcoming trade promo for UFC 2 from 3/14-3/20. Trade 2 select titles, get the game for $10.

As for the store manager meeting tomorrow and upcoming Sunday announcement, I'll let you guys know. I won't reveal every detail. Just got promoted recently, so I'd like to keep my job, haha.

Pre-owned pricing on all the nintendo selects games dropped to $18.99, I was able to score a copy of Pikmin 3 in my area for $17.XX

EDIT: Looks like the Super Mario all stars is still $29.99... Maybe because they are planning on separating the limited edition from the selects version?
That doesn't make sense. There's nothing on the selects disc that's different from the limited version disc.

There will be an upcoming trade promo for UFC 2 from 3/14-3/20. Trade 2 select titles, get the game for $10.

As for the store manager meeting tomorrow and upcoming Sunday announcement, I'll let you guys know. I won't reveal every detail. Just got promoted recently, so I'd like to keep my job, haha.
So you just got manager promo recently? Congrats!

In the time it took you to respond you could have just told me.
This happens a lot more than it should, but not just in this thread.

It ends on 3/20.

EDIT: I don't know how people read threads that they follow or subscribe to, without reading every post. My mind wobbles.

To piggyback off this comment, the way mine tests them, is they just mash the buttons/triggers and move the joystick around to feel if anything is loose or stuck.
Did the same at the one I traded mine in at.

Looks like I waited too long on the NBA 2k16/Black Ops 3 credit movers to BBY. Preowned prices are back up to ~$54. I still have my buy 2 get 1 free preowned, so hopefully something else pops up by the end of the month.

Did the same at the one I traded mine in at.

Looks like I waited too long on the NBA 2k16/Black Ops 3 credit movers to BBY. Preowned prices are back up to ~$54. I still have my buy 2 get 1 free preowned, so hopefully something else pops up by the end of the month.
Changed today. I was about to do the same tbqh.

You cant use reward coupons without a card now for those that need to know.
You mean Power Up Rewards coupons? I just used a "$15 off any used game/accessory" coupon without my PUR card or ID today. Didn't even have it printed out. Just read the guy the code and he typed it in.

You mean Power Up Rewards coupons? I just used a "$15 off any used game/accessory" coupon without my PUR card or ID today. Didn't even have it printed out. Just read the guy the code and he typed it in
Thats odd. Im friends with my GS guys and I had coupons that they entered that didnt work til they scanned my card. Its been happening for a week+

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back