GameStop Trade & Promos XXVII: Values available on the website and on Android/iOS app.

Status
Not open for further replies.

JP

CAG Veteran
Feedback
181 (100%)
WELCOME TO THE NEW GAMESTOP TRADE-IN THREAD.

The new thread format will be a work in progress but this first post will be the promos that are active and useful information, but also wikified. The second post will currently be frequently asked questions but may move it into the first post. Post three will be historical trade-in values from before the list.

Trade-in Values Available at: http://www.gamestop.com/trade

Also on GameStop app on iOS and Android

Upcoming Promotions/Information:

From GameStop employees on CAG:

GameStop.com Information (will post it when they update it)

Guaranteed $30/$40 on select games (Varying End Dates)

GameStop.com said:

Last edited by a moderator:
seems im the only one whose games are devaluating... Arslan just went down from 27.5 to 24.2 and Transformers Devastation 18.7 to 14.3...

There are some easy boomerangs with the current b2g1 on DS games.  Not a lot of profit, but if you're out of the house already, might as well.

How many games of the same title/console can you trade before you get banned? I want to trade in 3 more COD: Black Ops but I already traded in 3 a month or two ago.

thx brada (again)! just bought 3 copies of BLOPS and 1 Bioshock 2 on ps3 for $18 with store credit, trade the 3 copies of BLOPS right back in. walked away with $41.25 cash and a copy of Bioshock 2 which completes my Bioshock series collection! cant be happier right now!
That's not a smart thing to do..........

thx for the reminder. but its the only way to get something out of it in my store... I mean technically I only traded those 3 copies on 1 platform hitting the limit. I'm just never gonna trade another X360 BLOPS in again, which is easy since i dont own a 360. I don't know if this is bannable or not, I mean I didnt really break any rule
You're probably right that you are within all the legal parameters, but there seems to be an unspoken etiquette involved in trading games in at GameStop. Breaking that etiquette (trading in three of one game all at once, at the store where you just bought them especially) might get you branded in a way that may end up in a trade-in time-out.

thx for the reminder. but its the only way to get something out of it in my store... I mean technically I only traded those 3 copies on 1 platform hitting the limit. I'm just never gonna trade another X360 BLOPS in again, which is easy since i dont own a 360. I don't know if this is bannable or not, I mean I didnt really break any rule

He's talking about trading them all in at the same store you bought them at, most people go to another store so as to not alert anybody or draw attention to things. Also because they're not supposed to take more than 1 copy of a game per platform in a transaction. So if you traded all 3 in one transaction you actually did set off a flag as a DM gets an alert about that.

I know I should be encouraging everyone to check the lists and stuff but I'll summarize what I found to be flips.

With the 4 for $20, you want Skate 2 and Black Ops for :360:. If you can only find 3 and need a filler, these keep most of their value: 

:ps3: Skate 2

:ps3: Need for Speed: The Run

:ps4: Thief

:360: Need for Speed: Shift

:360: Naruto Shippuden Ultimate Ninja Storm Generations

For the DS/Wii deal, it's not as lucrative but you are already in the store. Get any 3 of these:

:ds: Advance Wars: Dual Strike

:ds: Disgaea DS

:ds: Disney 2 Pack: Frozen and Big Hero 6

:ds: Dokapon Journey

:ds: Mario and Luigi: Bowser's Inside Story

:ds: Mario vs. Donkey Kong: Mini-Land Mayhem

:ds: Namco Museum/ Pacman World 3 Bundle

:ds: Nickelodeon Bubble Guppies

:ds: Pokemon Mystery Dungeon: Blue Rescue Team

:ds: Pokemon Mystery Dungeon: Explorers of Darkness

:ds: Pokemon Myster Dungeon: Explorers of Time

:ds: Sonic Classic Collection
:ds: Suikoden Tierkreis
:wii: Data East Arcade Classics
:wii: Disney Princess: My Fairytale Adventure
:wii: Family Feud 2011
:wii: Need for Speed: The Run
:wii: Silent Hill: Shattered Memories
:wii: Spongebob Plankton's Robotic Revenge

Also Target has a B2G1 free on Pokemon games. Pokemon Y is flippable since it's on sale. Best Buy is also selling X/Y used for $20 but finding them in stores is difficult (If you find 3 copies, they are having B2G1 free on used as well).

Whether any of these are worth the effort is up to you.

Thanks blackbeard4886

I was lucky enough to find 2 BLOPS and 2 Skate 2s at one store (all for 360). I started at one store in the mall where I bought my games. Then I traded in one set (1 BLOPS & 1 Skate 2) at one store, then did the same at another store (3 stores total in a 5 mile radius). This was the first time I got IDed for doing a cash trade in at both stores. When I traded in my PS4 for cash, they did not ID me.

Lets do the math - Payed $19.48 and made $55, so a profit of $35.52

Thanks blackbeard4886

I was lucky enough to find 2 BLOPS and 2 Skate 2s at one store (all for 360). I started at one store in the mall where I bought my games. Then I traded in one set (1 BLOPS & 1 Skate 2) at one store, then did the same at another store (3 stores total in a 5 mile radius). This was the first time I got IDed for doing a cash trade in at both stores. When I traded in my PS4 for cash, they did not ID me.

Lets do the math - Payed $19.48 and made $55, so a profit of $35.52
Damn mad profit, you should save some of that for a rainy day lol
If you like driving around and wasting gas, join uber!

I know I should be encouraging everyone to check the lists and stuff but I'll summarize what I found to be flips.

With the 4 for $20, you want Skate 2 and Black Ops for :360:. If you can only find 3 and need a filler, these keep most of their value:

:ps3: Skate 2
:ps3: Need for Speed: The Run
:ps4: Thief
:360: Need for Speed: Shift
:360: Naruto Shippuden Ultimate Ninja Storm Generations

For the DS/Wii deal, it's not as lucrative but you are already in the store. Get any 3 of these:
:ds: Advance Wars: Dual Strike
:ds: Disgaea DS
:ds: Disney 2 Pack: Frozen and Big Hero 6
:ds: Dokapon Journey
:ds: Mario and Luigi: Bowser's Inside Story
:ds: Mario vs. Donkey Kong: Mini-Land Mayhem
:ds: Namco Museum/ Pacman World 3 Bundle
:ds: Nickelodeon Bubble Guppies
:ds: Pokemon Mystery Dungeon: Blue Rescue Team
:ds: Pokemon Mystery Dungeon: Explorers of Darkness
:ds: Pokemon Myster Dungeon: Explorers of Time
:ds: Sonic Classic Collection
:ds: Suikoden Tierkreis
:wii: Data East Arcade Classics
:wii: Disney Princess: My Fairytale Adventure
:wii: Family Feud 2011
:wii: Need for Speed: The Run
:wii: Silent Hill: Shattered Memories
:wii: Spongebob Plankton's Robotic Revenge

Also Target has a B2G1 free on Pokemon games. Pokemon Y is flippable since it's on sale. Best Buy is also selling X/Y used for $20 but finding them in stores is difficult (If you find 3 copies, they are having B2G1 free on used as well).

Whether any of these are worth the effort is up to you.
Thank you

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back