GameStop Trade & Promos XXVII: Values available on the website and on Android/iOS app.

Status
Not open for further replies.

JP

CAG Veteran
Feedback
181 (100%)
WELCOME TO THE NEW GAMESTOP TRADE-IN THREAD.

The new thread format will be a work in progress but this first post will be the promos that are active and useful information, but also wikified. The second post will currently be frequently asked questions but may move it into the first post. Post three will be historical trade-in values from before the list.

Trade-in Values Available at: http://www.gamestop.com/trade

Also on GameStop app on iOS and Android

Upcoming Promotions/Information:

From GameStop employees on CAG:

GameStop.com Information (will post it when they update it)

Guaranteed $30/$40 on select games (Varying End Dates)

GameStop.com said:

Last edited by a moderator:
Damn mad profit, you should save some of that for a rainy day lol
If you like driving around and wasting gas, join uber!
I make sure and do the math before I waste gas. My car gets 30 MPG and I only did about 10 miles and gas is at $1.69 a gallon. Did all of this in less than a hour and a half.

anyone have trouble with their powerup rewards today? I just picked up my amiibo preorders and instore it said i wasnt pro but i log into the app and the website says I am.

Am I the only asshole with a metric fuck ton of Shell cards and BP cards from GS? :D/ :D/ :D/
I'm sure there's other assholes out there with a similar ton haha

Gs credit > Ebay gift cards > buy gas cards from svmgiftcards

They are usually anywhere from $90 to $95 for the $100 cards. I've seen Mobil, Chevron, 76, and BP on sale, but never Shell gift cards.

I make sure and do the math before I waste gas. My car gets 30 MPG and I only did about 10 miles and gas is at $1.69 a gallon. Did all of this in less than a hour and a half.
Hour and half? Damn, you need to value your time more lol

I mean if you based it on minimum wage $35 for an 1 hour and a half is awesome, but that's about it. Get your shit together, math! Lol

I'm looking to trade in my new 3ds XL tomorrow. Does anyone know if they require a charger to get full value, even though the darn thing didn't come with one?

Weekend Bumps! :D/

Dying Light PS4/Xbone $22
Would it make sense to trade in my standard copy of Dying Light for $22 and buy a preowned enhanced edition for $44.99? Does the enhanced edition have $50 worth of DLC? The $30 season pass and $20 The Following DLC? I don't see The Following being included in the season pass. Sometimes it's complicated to just buy a complete game these days.

Supposedly my closest GS has a copy of the enhanced edition preowned.

Hour and half? Damn, you need to value your time more lol

I mean if you based it on minimum wage $35 for an 1 hour and a half is awesome, but that's about it. Get your shit together, math! Lol
It's not just about the profit, it's about the fun! We're CAGs, not SD'ers.

I'm sure you make more than $35 an hour turning tricks, but many of us would prefer flipping games over sucking...burgers. :)

I'm looking to trade in my new 3ds XL tomorrow. Does anyone know if they require a charger to get full value, even though the darn thing didn't come with one?
Yes.

Just keeping my answer simple since I seen it answered several times.

Assassins Creed Rogue is showing $7.99 with GCU and trades in at $13.75 at GS. I guess it was pulling up $15.99 in store and the clerk was refusing to give me the 20% GCU because it was a price match off their own website.

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/assassins-creed-rogue-xbox-360/7843012.p?id=1219296191574&skuId=7843012

Is this right? or am I wrong?
Technically I think they are correct according to their policy even though I agree that is bullsh!t. I've remember a CAG having luck getting GCU applied by just saying "I'll just order the games on my phone for in-store pickup."

If I put in some games to be held now(stores are closed on the east coast), will I be able to grab them tomorrow?  Or should I wait until they open to place them on hold?

Would it make sense to trade in my standard copy of Dying Light for $22 and buy a preowned enhanced edition for $44.99? Does the enhanced edition have $50 worth of DLC? The $30 season pass and $20 The Following DLC? I don't see The Following being included in the season pass. Sometimes it's complicated to just buy a complete game these days.

Supposedly my closest GS has a copy of the enhanced edition preowned.
IMO absolutely. I would do it if I still had Dying Light. FYI The Following is included in the SP. They raised MSRP on the pass to $30. You can pick up the pass on amazon for $20 right now, but if I recall correctly Dying Light: Enhanced has made some changes to the base game also

My 2 copies of skate and black ops aren't in the best condition and figured I'd get a refurb fee on them.
Got full credit for the first 2 I traded in tonight, so hopefully I get the same when I trade in my other 2 tomorrow.

Yet down the street I received full value. Yeah its incredibly shady. But then again I'm boomeranging, but still lol. They do it without saying anything and that's lame because if I didn't pay attention those fees would've gotten through. Seriously $4 fee for black ops

A lady at one GameStop was halfway through saying since they were going to have to make a case that she was going to put a refurb fee on it. My face must have looked ticked off because she said "oh wait never mind." really quick.

IMO absolutely. I would do it if I still had Dying Light. FYI The Following is included in the SP. They raised MSRP on the pass to $30. You can pick up the pass on amazon for $20 right now, but if I recall correctly Dying Light: Enhanced has made some changes to the base game also
Awesome. Thank you. I forgot that the "enhanced edition" is free. I downloaded the 17gb update on the xbox one. Tomorrow I'll try to trade in the base game and buy the enhanced edition anyway just to have everything on the disc because I'm a nerd. If it doesn't work out, at least I can buy the season pass for around the same price.

Assassins Creed Rogue is showing $7.99 with GCU and trades in at $13.75 at GS. I guess it was pulling up $15.99 in store and the clerk was refusing to give me the 20% GCU because it was a price match off their own website.

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/assassins-creed-rogue-xbox-360/7843012.p?id=1219296191574&skuId=7843012

Is this right? or am I wrong?
You get the 20% with a pm to bb

If Best Buy's price is lowered during the return/exchange period, the price will be matched to the lower price (upon request). My Best Buy Gamers Club Unlocked Members should receive the new price along with the 20% discount.

http://www.forums.bestbuy.com/t5/Gamers-Club/My-Best-Buy-Gamers-Club-Unlocked/td-p/953565

Usually it's easiest just to add the game to your cart and then show them the price in your cart to have them price match.

Wow my saved trades page is blank and I can't save any estimate
I haven't been able to save any trade values in App or the website, it keeps throwing me an error =( Think it occurred at my 100th save ...think their website doesn't allow over 99 values to be save so now our accounts are messed up lol.

No copies within 250 miles of St. Louis sadly cancels the flip opportunity.
It's also 9.99 at Shopko

86504062.jpg

Just talked to someone I knew at GameStop. They said something about your account getting flagged for trading something right back in for trading it. Any truth to that or not?

Just talked to someone I knew at GameStop. They said something about your account getting flagged for trading something right back in for trading it. Any truth to that or not?
i dont know if it is truth or not but many cagmers recommended to trade at different gs.

Traded in:

Left 4 Dead 2 (X360, disc only) - $10.00

Forza Motorsport 4 (X360, discs only) - $12.50 

Zelda: Twilight Princess (Wii, disc only) - $12.00

Call of Duty: Black Ops (X360, disc only) - $12.50

For a total of $47.  Took the money and went to Best Buy and got Zelda: Twilight Princess HD (Wii U) basically for free ($48 w/ GCU).  Awesome day.

Man totally forgot I flipped a bunch of skate 2s when golf club was the cool thing to flip and could only trade them on my second account :( it might be time for a new one lol

GameStop applied a refurb fee on a game I just bought down the street. This is the first time I've gotten a refurb fee. They put tax on it and I had to get ugly change as part of my cash back. The horror!

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back