GameStop Trade & Promos XXVII: Values available on the website and on Android/iOS app.

Status
Not open for further replies.

JP

CAG Veteran
Feedback
181 (100%)
WELCOME TO THE NEW GAMESTOP TRADE-IN THREAD.

The new thread format will be a work in progress but this first post will be the promos that are active and useful information, but also wikified. The second post will currently be frequently asked questions but may move it into the first post. Post three will be historical trade-in values from before the list.

Trade-in Values Available at: http://www.gamestop.com/trade

Also on GameStop app on iOS and Android

Upcoming Promotions/Information:

From GameStop employees on CAG:

GameStop.com Information (will post it when they update it)

Guaranteed $30/$40 on select games (Varying End Dates)

GameStop.com said:

Last edited by a moderator:
GameStop applied a refurb fee on a game I just bought down the street. This is the first time I've gotten a refurb fee. They put tax on it and I had to get ugly change as part of my cash back. The horror!
Somebody should be wearing a hidden camera and documenting this stuff. Get John Stossel or whoever his ABC replacement is to do an undercover exposé on this shithead practices where they're selling games in a condition where they won't even accept them without a fee, or just tacking on fees all willy-nilly.

#baitandswitch :D/

was able to get 4 blops and 4 skate 2. $70 in my pocket, not mad profit but will do. if value retains tmr, might do it again. 

The good ol days where we could pull one over GameStop. I shed a geeky tear
fuck Gamestop. they still have yet to ship my Tangle Disney Infinity Character from November. Order remains open and I"ve been charged. Pretty sure they are not going to credit me back unless I called and wait fuck 'n 2hrs. Not worth my time. and fuck GS

People will hate on the ROI but hey I think of it as a free game for some of my time.
ROI actually not bad for myself. I used GS credits and drove less than 20miles hitting up 6 GS within a 10 mile radius. was about an hr or hr 1/2 and got cash for trade in.

ROI actually not bad for myself. I used GS credits and drove less than 20miles hitting up 6 GS within a 10 mile radius. was about an hr or hr 1/2 and got cash for trade in.
Yeah I agree too, people just like to shit on other people's parade. I made about $80-$90 and I'm happy with that. PUR points and cash back from my credit card is nice too.

Yeah I agree too, people just like to shit on other people's parade. I made about $80-$90 and I'm happy with that. PUR points and cash back from my credit card is nice too.
yep, sh*t squad convinced me that i committed murder

yep, sh*t squad convinced me that i committed murder
You have selective memory or your reading comprehension is appalling because here is what you said:

"thx brada (again)! just bought 3 copies of BLOPS and 1 Bioshock 2 on ps3 for $18 with store credit, trade the 3 copies of BLOPS right back in. walked away with $41.25 cash and a copy of Bioshock 2 which completes my Bioshock series collection! cant be happier right now!"

If you trade in multiple copies of a game in one visit, Gamestop may take notice of it and ban you from trading. It's not a definite thing but you're taking a risk since Gamestop often has the best flipping opportunities. Why kill your golden goose?

You have selective memory or your reading comprehension is appalling because here is what you said:

"thx brada (again)! just bought 3 copies of BLOPS and 1 Bioshock 2 on ps3 for $18 with store credit, trade the 3 copies of BLOPS right back in. walked away with $41.25 cash and a copy of Bioshock 2 which completes my Bioshock series collection! cant be happier right now!"

If you trade in multiple copies of a game in one visit, Gamestop may take notice of it and ban you from trading. It's not a definite thing but you're taking a risk since Gamestop often has the best flipping opportunities. Why kill your golden goose?
LOL I hope he didn't do that at the same store

No, that's preposterous, gs would never do that!
Well, I got cash for the exact same as credit today. I know the amounts were correct too because it was my second flip of cod blops and skate 2. He told me it was only good until tomorrow. I got $31.90 cash for skate 2 360, blops 360, and NFS the run ps3. I was shocked too!

Well, I got cash for the exact same as credit today. I know the amounts were correct too because it was my second flip of cod blops and skate 2. He told me it was only good until tomorrow. I got $31.90 cash for skate 2 360, blops 360, and NFS the run ps3. I was shocked too!
He is fucking with you, this has been going on pretty much all month. Reading through the thread you would've seen that, or going to gamestops website.

was able to get 4 blops and 4 skate 2. $70 in my pocket, not mad profit but will do. if value retains tmr, might do it again.
unless you have more than one account, I'd advise against trading anymore of either of those. You're at the limit. Anymore will get you banned.

My experience was a bit surprising today. Found 2 copies of black ops and one of skate 2, took need for speed as a filler. Went to another gamestop 5 minutes down the road. Tried to do the trade and was promptly told that waukesha and milwaukee county (wisconsin) have local ordinance prohibiting more than ONE copy of the same game being allowed to be traded in. I had no idea, told the guy i thought the limit was 3, and he insisted he had been at this gamestop for 8 years and was certain. I was aware that these kinds of rules existed, but i mean come one, only allowed ONE copy!? Seems a bit nuts.

My experience was a bit surprising today. Found 2 copies of black ops and one of skate 2, took need for speed as a filler. Went to another gamestop 5 minutes down the road. Tried to do the trade and was promptly told that waukesha and milwaukee county (wisconsin) have local ordinance prohibiting more than ONE copy of the same game being allowed to be traded in. I had no idea, told the guy i thought the limit was 3, and he insisted he had been at this gamestop for 8 years and was certain. I was aware that these kinds of rules existed, but i mean come one, only allowed ONE copy!? Seems a bit nuts.
This is why I love screwing GameStop over whenever I can with purchases or trade ins

The general rule is that you can't trade more than one copy of a game at a time. If you want to trade in the other copies, you have to either go to a different GameStop or wait until the next day.

He worded it wrong, it's against Gamestop trade policy so you can't trade in multiples of the same copy at once.

But shit, you live in this area too.

I can't really fault the guy, if he was told that by his bosses or whateve(or maybe it actually is a law, idk), then hes gotta do his job. I did also have another humorous moment with a different employee there trying to deny the trade because 2 of the discs werent in good shape. Almost snapped at her "Well your company thought they were good enough to sell to me 10 minutes ago and i havent even touched them!"..but obviously i couldnt. Anyway the other dude came over and was like nah theyre fine.

On a side note, if anyone is in the milwaukee area looking to cash in on the wii sale, this gamestop was STOCKED for wii games. Had xeno, skyward sword, return to dreamland, most of the mario games (galaxy and sports), metroid prime trilogy (non steelbook) and smash. I was pretty shocked. All except mario galaxys had original cases too.

I can't really fault the guy, if he was told that by his bosses or whateve(or maybe it actually is a law, idk), then hes gotta do his job. I did also have another humorous moment with a different employee there trying to deny the trade because 2 of the discs werent in good shape. Almost snapped at her "Well your company thought they were good enough to sell to me 10 minutes ago and i havent even touched them!"..but obviously i couldnt. Anyway the other dude came over and was like nah theyre fine.

On a side note, if anyone is in the milwaukee area looking to cash in on the wii sale, this gamestop was STOCKED for wii games. Had xeno, skyward sword, return to dreamland, most of the mario games (galaxy and sports), metroid prime trilogy (non steelbook) and smash. I was pretty shocked. All except mario galaxys had original cases too.
Store?

Got fuck fee'd at 2 different stores. First store, the kid was open about it. Second store, employee did not say one word. I took them to a 3rd store and exchanged them. fuck Gamestop

I always think about picking up those rarer win games but win home brew stuff is so easy. And I'm holding out for xenon lade to come to wii u as a download.

And I have the 3ds version already.

I always think about picking up those rarer win games but win home brew stuff is so easy. And I'm holding out for xenoblade to come to wii u as a download.

And I have the 3ds version already.

I go to that Brookfield gs quite a bit. There's a manager that's nice and a lady that's very helpful and patient.

There any difference between giving them your phone number and handing them your pur card when they ask if you have a membership with them? They see all your info on the system?

Got fuck fee'd at 2 different stores. First store, the kid was open about it. Second store, employee did not say one word. I took them to a 3rd store and exchanged them. fuck Gamestop
Every time i buy used games from GS i always check the games out in my car before i leave. If the disc look pretty bad i just go back in and tell them i would like to swap it for another copy. Just yesterday one of the BLOP games i picked up was actually a cracked disc so its always worth checking before you leave. I also check to make sure they gave me the correct game as well, for instance i got a copy of 2k16 and when i checked before I left it was actually a copy of 2k15 inside.

It will save you a headache down the road.

Anyone know for sure if the sale on DS systems works in store? If so, the original Phat and Lite systems are doable boomerangs. $9.99 -> $15 and $19.99 -> $25 respectively.

Also, do pre-owned reward certificates work on consoles? I have a $20 cert I'd love to use on a Lite and sell it back to turn it into $20 cash instead.

Anyone know for sure if the sale on DS systems works in store? If so, the original Phat and Lite systems are doable boomerangs. $9.99 -> $15 and $19.99 -> $25 respectively.

Also, do pre-owned reward certificates work on consoles? I have a $20 cert I'd love to use on a Lite and sell it back to turn it into $20 cash instead.
You should be able to use the Cert on a pre-owned system. it says that it works on a pre-owned Item.

Cash trades end today right? Got my 2 games from bb but the free game won't make it in time. Will the TIV's pretty much be the same on monday? I'm guessing they'll go down since there was a bump

Every time i buy used games from GS i always check the games out in my car before i leave. If the disc look pretty bad i just go back in and tell them i would like to swap it for another copy. Just yesterday one of the BLOP games i picked up was actually a cracked disc so its always worth checking before you leave. I also check to make sure they gave me the correct game as well, for instance i got a copy of 2k16 and when i checked before I left it was actually a copy of 2k15 inside.

I always ask them if I could see the disc first before I even purchase them. XB360 games are in the worst condition I have ever seen. Some of them look like a animal was handling them.

2695888-img_20141018_220500.jpg

I do this as well - check the games for damage and make sure they are not the wrong ones. But my choices were limited due to past
16012014-gifki-gifki-smeshnye-gifki-animashki_7856919399.gif
However, it does not help when I trade these shit condition games with near spotless ones at the same time.

"Wow you take really good care of your games!"

"Um.. thanks. Now here's the one with Cheeto crumbs all over it."

I believe they call that juxtaposition.

So the GS email for today says starting tomorrow "Get $100 credit when you trade your PS3/XB360 towards any new Xbox One console" and doesn't have any model or GB restrictions in the details of the email.  If there aren't any when it's added to the site that could be a good time to dump off an old console like this Elite I haven't used in months.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back