GameStop Trade & Promos XXVII: Values available on the website and on Android/iOS app.

Status
Not open for further replies.

JP

CAG Veteran
Feedback
181 (100%)
WELCOME TO THE NEW GAMESTOP TRADE-IN THREAD.

The new thread format will be a work in progress but this first post will be the promos that are active and useful information, but also wikified. The second post will currently be frequently asked questions but may move it into the first post. Post three will be historical trade-in values from before the list.

Trade-in Values Available at: http://www.gamestop.com/trade

Also on GameStop app on iOS and Android

Upcoming Promotions/Information:

From GameStop employees on CAG:

GameStop.com Information (will post it when they update it)

Guaranteed $30/$40 on select games (Varying End Dates)

GameStop.com said:

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm just gonna buy a new controller and trade it right back in with my console. Then I'll open the box in front of them and trade that controller in too. Not giving them my lunar white
You can probably just have them take the controller out of the console box and use that, but I guess your way generates more PUR points. :)

Have you worked out how much of a loss it is to do? Or if it's a loss at all
2 controllers at $26.95 trade credit is $53.90. A new controller at Best Buy is $53.99 plus tax. Open box controller at Best Buy is $42.99. Amazon selling controller for $52.55. Need to make sure you are getting the controllers with 3.5mm jack though.

You can probably just have them take the controller out of the console box and use that, but I guess your way generates more PUR points. :)
I didn't consider that, but I suppose it'll do if the employee is cool about it

2 controllers at $26.95 trade credit is $53.90. A new controller at Best Buy is $53.99 plus tax. Open box controller at Best Buy is $42.99. Amazon selling controller for $52.55. Need to make sure you are getting the controllers with 3.5mm jack though.
Yes I'd buy a pre-owned if the above method doesn't work. I believe my GS has pre-owned for $39. At worst, it'll add another $14 bucks on top, which is fine.

Speaking of... what the heck does "premium refurbished" mean? I was thinking of upgrading to a 1tb model, but with my external drives its a moot point. I'm just thinking now to trade it in and get a new one under warranty

The Quantum Break model is also $50 off, making it $299.99.

It's reduced at GS as part of the promo, but not at BB.

Edit:
$299.00 on Amazon, too

not bad Vita TIV is $80 so $100 with coupon, plus anything you get for memory cards. Tempted since I haven't even turned on my OLED vita in a year, but what if I need to remote play some day into my PS4 to save the world, last starfighter style...
Mine the battery isn't very good anymore and I would like to try the newer Vita anyway since it is supposedly easier to hold and play.

Another coworker printed her coupon which worked fine for me. Got Amazon GCs and will order a Vita 2000 from them for cheaper then GameStop.

I guess as long as your PUR is active the coupon works. Still don't have my coupon on my account but whatever.

The Quantum Break model is also $50 off, making it $299.99.

It's reduced at GS as part of the promo, but not at BB.

Edit:
$299.00 on Amazon, too
Hmm I was wondering if the 50$ drop would last till the Quantum Break bundle released. If it does hold till then it's tempting to trade my white sunset overdrive console and upgrade to a newer console. It would be about a 30$ upgrade after the 240$ and the cost of buying QB seperate. The console is only about a year and a half old and I would rather have the physical copy to trade in since the bundle comes with a digital code ... gonna be a tough decision.

Hmmm... come to think of it... maybe I will trade in my console now before the value drops and just go a few weeks without my X1.  I'll still ahve my 360 around if I have the urge to game.  Will give me time to read and do other things.  It will essentially amount to getting Quantum Break for free, which I'll probably just sell to recoup some of my $60 upgrade fee and repurchase when it hits $30

edit1: whoa... didn't realize it was a physical copy of Quantum Break included.  I'll beat it right away and then trade it back in actually lol

edit2:  When I take my console in, what do I need to do beforehand?  I already have all of my games on my external drive.  Do I need to do a factory reset of my console?  Also is all I need to do with the new console is login and set as my home console?  

Hmm I was wondering if the 50$ drop would last till the Quantum Break bundle released. If it does hold till then it's tempting to trade my white sunset overdrive console and upgrade to a newer console. It would be about a 30$ upgrade after the 240$ and the cost of buying QB seperate. The console is only about a year and a half old and I would rather have the physical copy to trade in since the bundle comes with a digital code ... gonna be a tough decision.
Did you mean the Quantam Break bundle? It comes with a disc, according to the Gamestop website. I was just wondering the same.

Under Product Details -

500GB hard drive Cirrus White Xbox One console
Physical copy of Quantum Break
Full game download of Alan Wake
Xbox One Cirrus White Wireless Controller

Did you mean the Quantam Break bundle? It comes with a disc, according to the Gamestop website. I was just wondering the same.

Under Product Details -

That's because Gamestop would rather open the bundle, remove the digital code, and give you a hard copy.

Power to the Players!™

I'd prefer the physical disc...but I know that's purely subjective.

edit2: When I take my console in, what do I need to do beforehand? I already have all of my games on my external drive. Do I need to do a factory reset of my console? Also is all I need to do with the new console is login and set as my home console?
Don't do a factory reset, just remove your account from the console.

EDIT 1 - And I guess remove all games.

EDIT 2 - And I guess set another console as your home console, if you have a friend's console at your disposal.

We kinda knew it was happening...but here's the email I just received...

I'm cutting out the bottom, that includes all the different ways to earn points.  Standard stuff, though.

PnjThLi.png

Hmm...are gift card purchases new for points?
j5f80ap.png

I've got a White 500gb Halo Master Chief Collection in box sans game and a White 4GB Slim 360 sitting around...

Decisions, decisions...

I've got a White 500gb Halo Master Chief Collection in box sans game and a White 4GB Slim 360 sitting around...

Decisions, decisions...
I just got the Name Your Game Bundle from Best Buy a few weeks ago, plus a Super Slim 4GB :360: I won a while back, and I'm thinking about it too...

Is the NYG Bundle console the only one that has matte black on it? Are the rest glossy black?

Does anyone know if the pre-owned certificates work with pre-owned consoles? The verbage on the coupon makes me believe so but I just wanted to check so I'm 100%.

"This reward is for a printable certificate redeemable in stores Valid toward the purchase of one single in-store and in-stock pre-owned item only. Not valid toward gift cards, downloadable content, reservations or POSA cards. Two certificates of the same denomination can not be used in the same transaction, but you can use two different denominations. (EX. Two $10 Certificates can not be used in the same transaction, but a $5 certificate and a $10 certificate can be used in the same transaction) No cash back. Maximum of 3 certificates can be used per day, per member."

No double points on preowned purchases? The fuck, that's the only thing I buy at GameStop

Yea the preowned coupons work on consoles as well. I had one come off a preowned 3ds.

No double points on preowned purchases? The fuck, that's the only thing I buy at GameStop

Yea the preowned coupons work on consoles as well. I had one come off a preowned 3ds.
I'm pretty sure we've always gotten double points on used stuff, but not on new stuff before now.

In the past it was 10 points per dollar spent on new and 20 points per dollar spent on preowned. So the double points is ..... the same now between the two?

I would trade my white SO console and buy my 5th (I don't have that many, just two)  :xb1: console for only $60 to get a new console and QB game but I have no controller to give them :(

I have (2) Forza controllers, a Lunar White, and an Elite controller, but no way get those. I wish I had a regular laying around.

Does anyone know if the pre-owned certificates work with pre-owned consoles? The verbage on the coupon makes me believe so but I just wanted to check so I'm 100%.

"This reward is for a printable certificate redeemable in stores Valid toward the purchase of one single in-store and in-stock pre-owned item only. Not valid toward gift cards, downloadable content, reservations or POSA cards. Two certificates of the same denomination can not be used in the same transaction, but you can use two different denominations. (EX. Two $10 Certificates can not be used in the same transaction, but a $5 certificate and a $10 certificate can be used in the same transaction) No cash back. Maximum of 3 certificates can be used per day, per member."
I bought a 360 in December almost exclusively with those Cyber Monday certs.

Can anyone comment on how easy or difficult it is to wipe out personal data on Xbox One before trading it in? I can't remember if it was easy to setup if I want to pick up another down the line.

Can anyone comment on how easy or difficult it is to wipe out personal data on Xbox One before trading it in? I can't remember if it was easy to setup if I want to pick up another down the line.
It's very easy, just go into Settings and remove all accounts one at a time.

EDIT - My post from above for more info:

EDIT 2 - And I guess set another console as your home console, if you have a friend's console at your disposal.

Under Product Details -
That's because Gamestop would rather open the bundle, remove the digital code, and give you a hard copy.

Power to the Players!™
I was looking at Best Buy that's why , I forgot Gamestop's policy about only selling bundles with a physical disc.

A better alternative would be do the factory reset and then download the update without logging into your account.

There is currently no way to purchase 360 games with credit without a 360, correct?  If you can, I may as well trade in my 360 as well and just try to pick another one up for

Anyone know when the $200 TiV on the Xbox one ends? I thought it was the 20th but now I can't find it on the app or site, the $40 boost made this an easy decision after I had decided not to trade it in over the weekend.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back