GameStop Trade & Promos XXVII: Values available on the website and on Android/iOS app.

Status
Not open for further replies.

JP

CAG Veteran
Feedback
181 (100%)
WELCOME TO THE NEW GAMESTOP TRADE-IN THREAD.

The new thread format will be a work in progress but this first post will be the promos that are active and useful information, but also wikified. The second post will currently be frequently asked questions but may move it into the first post. Post three will be historical trade-in values from before the list.

Trade-in Values Available at: http://www.gamestop.com/trade

Also on GameStop app on iOS and Android

Upcoming Promotions/Information:

From GameStop employees on CAG:

GameStop.com Information (will post it when they update it)

Guaranteed $30/$40 on select games (Varying End Dates)

GameStop.com said:

Last edited by a moderator:
Just so I'm clear....the trade-in for XB1 is $200 cash or $240 credit? You $40 PUR coupon won't be applied to cash trades?

I've noticed that GS is the only one to give the Quantum Break game as a physical disc rather than a digital download (Best Buy and Amazon). 

Tempting upgrade for $59.99 but I can't do without my Xbox until that time  :shame:

Which doesn't exist in STL.
Shoot, ShopKo cleared out of hear probably close to 5 years ago. I read his post and was shocked to hear they were still in existence. I mean, they're like a trashball K-Mart.

Does anyone know if the pre-owned certificates work with pre-owned consoles? The verbage on the coupon makes me believe so but I just wanted to check so I'm 100%.

"This reward is for a printable certificate redeemable in stores Valid toward the purchase of one single in-store and in-stock pre-owned item only. Not valid toward gift cards, downloadable content, reservations or POSA cards. Two certificates of the same denomination can not be used in the same transaction, but you can use two different denominations. (EX. Two $10 Certificates can not be used in the same transaction, but a $5 certificate and a $10 certificate can be used in the same transaction) No cash back. Maximum of 3 certificates can be used per day, per member."
Like others said, the certs work. I got my PS3 with them,

Has anyone had any luck preordering the QB console bundle when trading in a :360: console for $100? That and the free Forza/TR/Rare Replay are both a no-go for me...

uggghhhh thinking to trade my 2-yr-old ps4 in and get a new one but wondering if it's gonna be a chore since i replaced the 500GB hd with a 1TB... i need to swap the HDs and then do that again with the new one?

uggghhhh thinking to trade my 2-yr-old ps4 in and get a new one but wondering if it's gonna be a chore since i replaced the 500GB hd with a 1TB... i need to swap the HDs and then do that again with the new one?
Yea you're going to need to back that 1tb up to another 1tb or you can just back up your saves and redownload everything on the new console.

Either way it's going to be a chore, you will have to wait hours for the backup system twice or have to redownload everything you own. Sucks you can't just take the harddrive out and just put it in the new system but the :ps4: automatically formats new drives that are put in it.

Yea you're going to need to back that 1tb up to another 1tb or you can just back up your saves and redownload everything on the new console.

Either way it's going to be a chore, you will have to wait hours for the backup system twice or have to redownload everything you own. Sucks you can't just take the harddrive out and just put it in the new system but the :ps4: automatically formats new drives that are put in it.
Great Scott! i guess i will just hold on to my 2-yr-old then... thx

IMO, just set it to run overnight twice, then take it in a couple of days. It's not like it should need much intervention from you, right?
redownloading everything is def not a problem, i've done it once already and it was not so bad, everything will be in place even just in one night. i'm hesitating mainly because there's no ps4 sale right now which means i need to spend $110-$160+tax for a new one... this is just against the CAG (and my) nature and spirit. I could wait for a sale, but I have ps+ going on and also ps vue... im in too deep...

Has anyone had any luck preordering the QB console bundle when trading in a :360: console for $100? That and the free Forza/TR/Rare Replay are both a no-go for me...
Why? Is the CPU not allowing it?

Funny story... Just came back from Gamestop and the guy asked why I was trading in my xbox just to get the white one. I told him that it was $299 and that I'm basically paying for QB and getting a new system with warranty for free. He didn't believe me and thought the QB System was $399. I did have to purchase a used controller, but the new system was worth it for me... will most likely end up selling that controller as I don't need 3 of them.

Why? Is the CPU not allowing it?

Funny story... Just came back from Gamestop and the guy asked why I was trading in my xbox just to get the white one. I told him that it was $299 and that I'm basically paying for QB and getting a new system with warranty for free. He didn't believe me and thought the QB System was $399. I did have to purchase a used controller, but the new system was worth it for me... will most likely end up selling that controller as I don't need 3 of them.
Apparently GS doesn't carry the Name Your Game bundle like I was hoping, but instead they have the GoW:UE bundle and you get to add either Rare Reply, Rise of the Tomb Raider, or Forza Motorsport 6 to the console puchase as a promotion (a code on the receipt). That conflicted with the promo of trading in a :360: console for $100, so I could either get the free digital game and $30 for the :360: or no free game and $100 for the :360:. He offered me a somehow reduced price FM6 but I wasn't interested if it wasn't free.

As for the QB console, he didn't go into detail and just said that it wouldn't work. He mentioned that preorder console rarely work in this situation.

In order to get full TIV for my :xb1: console (traded in both while I was there, $240 for that was hard to pass up) I asked if he would take the controller from the console I was buying as part of my trade and he agreed to that (I didn't want to trade in my FM6 controller), but unfortunately that means that I probably can't exchange this console bundle for the QB bundle when it releases.

Apparently GS doesn't carry the Name Your Game bundle like I was hoping, but instead they have the GoW:UE bundle and you get to add either Rare Reply, Rise of the Tomb Raider, or Forza Motorsport 6 to the console puchase as a promotion (a code on the receipt). That conflicted with the promo of trading in a :360: console for $100, so I could either get the free digital game and $30 for the :360: or no free game and $100 for the :360:. He offered me a somehow reduced price FM6 but I wasn't interested if it wasn't free.

As for the QB console, he didn't go into detail and just said that it wouldn't work. He mentioned that preorder console rarely work in this situation.

In order to get full TIV for my :xb1: console (traded in both while I was there, $240 for that was hard to pass up) I asked if he would take the controller from the console I was buying as part of my trade and he agreed to that (I didn't want to trade in my FM6 controller), but unfortunately that means that I probably can't exchange this console bundle for the QB bundle when it releases.
seeing all the talk you guys getting new :xb1: console make my :ps4: butt hurt

I just thought of something... I paid the balance for the QB console.  If the price raises back up $50 before it releases, will I have to pay the extra cash?

redownloading everything is def not a problem, i've done it once already and it was not so bad, everything will be in place even just in one night. i'm hesitating mainly because there's no ps4 sale right now which means i need to spend $110-$160+tax for a new one... this is just against the CAG (and my) nature and spirit. I could wait for a sale, but I have ps+ going on and also ps vue... im in too deep...
I guess it just depends on what your intent is. If you just want to renew the warranty, it's not going to be worth it. If you want to get a painted console, then it might matter more (they have some for $330 pre-owned, which would have a GS warranty). You could also maybe get $20 out of a bundled game, if you flip it.

Me, I traded my basic XB1 for $250 to upgrade to the Halo one. It was worth it for the HDD upgrade, the LE of the game, and the added aesthetics (among other things).

I guess it just depends on what your intent is. If you just want to renew the warranty, it's not going to be worth it. If you want to get a painted console, then it might matter more (they have some for $330 pre-owned, which would have a GS warranty). You could also maybe get $20 out of a bundled game, if you flip it.

Me, I traded my basic XB1 for $250 to upgrade to the Halo one. It was worth it for the HDD upgrade, the LE of the game, and the added aesthetics (among other things).
thats what im talking about, if im getting a new console like said XB1 bundles then im def making the move. but the painted ps4's are just not that great imo... to me, the pure white ps4 is prob the only one worth getting, or the red ones which never made to the US market... and no HD upgrade or additional game with the trade, so...

Can someone please explain the $40 PUR bonus?
Yes. You get an extra $40 of trade in credit when trading in a PS4 or X1 if you're a PUR Pro Member.

Offer valid 3/21/16 through 3/27/16. Valid for PowerUp Rewards Customers only. Not valid with any other offer. See associate for details. No dealers. Offer valid in the United States and Guam only. Void where prohibited. GameStop, Inc. reserves the right to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the offer for any reason without notice.
Download

Yes. You get an extra $40 of trade in credit when trading in a PS4 or X1 if you're a PUR Pro Member.

Offer valid 3/21/16 through 3/27/16. Valid for PowerUp Rewards Customers only. Not valid with any other offer. See associate for details. No dealers. Offer valid in the United States and Guam only. Void where prohibited. GameStop, Inc. reserves the right to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the offer for any reason without notice.

Download
Thank you. I did not see it under Active Offers on the PUR app because my membership just expired.

Just purchased a Xbone on Sunday, which was nearly free after discounts, certs, & trades. Can't wait to see the look on their face when I bring it in to trade today to pre-order a new one for $60 more. You have taught me well, CAG

Only reason i'd swap PS4's is to get the UC4 LE PS4

http://www.gamestop.com/ps4/consoles/playstation-4-limited-edition-uncharted-4-500gb-bundle/128583

That is a drop dead gorgeous skin thats pretty unique, the controller is nice too although you can buy that standalone (available now even) 

http://www.gamestop.com/ps4/accessories/uncharted-4-dualshock-4-wireless-controller-gray-blue/128566

But I can't do without my PS4 for nearly 2 months so no bueno for me :(  Plus I did the PS4 swap last year when they did a similar promo and took $260 or w/e for a used PS4.  It is a pain in the ass transferring, especially since saves can't be bulk copied to a USB drive but you have to do them one..at...a...time.  Also, you can only restore saves for games that are INSTALLED, so once you load up a new PS4 unless you have all the games digitally or still physical copies of old games, you can't restore all your saves to the system (but they can be on your backup USB drive/cloud forever).

wow...I can't believe I'm considering this. (thinking out loud)

- I have a 1 TB xbox, so i'd be downgrading to a 500 GB HD. (Meh...HD's should be super cheap next year)

- I'd get a new controller which is always good because no doubt my current one will likely gimp out with all the in game sprinting.

- It'll be a white console and white controller. (which goes w/my white headset)

- New warranty.

- Quantum Break (disc) which I can probably sell or trade in...and Alan wake which I can give to my friend who still has a 360.

All for $60 (likely $20 after trade in or sale of game)

Yeah...I think I just might.

Did they say if the special edition console has any bells or whistles? i.e. different start up sounds etc?

- I have a 1 TB xbox, so i'd be downgrading to a 500 GB HD. (Meh...HD's should be super cheap next year)

- I'd get a new controller which is always good because no doubt my current one will likely gimp out with all the in game sprinting.

- It'll be a white console and white controller. (which goes w/my white headset)

- New warranty.

- Quantum Break (disc) which I can probably sell or trade in...and Alan wake which I can give to my friend who still has a 360.

Did they say if the special edition console has any bells or whistles? i.e. different start up sounds etc?
....+ tax on $300

Only reason i'd swap PS4's is to get the UC4 LE PS4

http://www.gamestop.com/ps4/consoles/playstation-4-limited-edition-uncharted-4-500gb-bundle/128583

That is a drop dead gorgeous skin thats pretty unique, the controller is nice too although you can buy that standalone (available now even)

http://www.gamestop.com/ps4/accessories/uncharted-4-dualshock-4-wireless-controller-gray-blue/128566

But I can't do without my PS4 for nearly 2 months so no bueno for me :( Plus I did the PS4 swap last year when they did a similar promo and took $260 or w/e for a used PS4. It is a pain in the ass transferring, especially since saves can't be bulk copied to a USB drive but you have to do them one..at...a...time. Also, you can only restore saves for games that are INSTALLED, so once you load up a new PS4 unless you have all the games digitally or still physical copies of old games, you can't restore all your saves to the system (but they can be on your backup USB drive/cloud forever).
I really like the color, but I hate the graphic. I might buy the controller sometime. I'm fighting between getting a PS4 this weekend for The Show on Tuesday or waiting on that console myself, though. I hate having a plain console, and the other LEs (Vader, BO3) aren't around anymore.

- New warranty.

It's just a regular console in white. $60 for white over black also sounds racist.

Awesome thanks guys - been a while since I traded in at GS

Where is the extra $20 coupon? I don't see it

Ah thanks - not a pro member atm (may be worth it)
Tempted to trade my vita and PS3 in with that promo towards a Xbox one - I don't use either anymore

So, the $100 towards a New 3DS XL with trade of 3DS XL is back...

Can anyone tell me if I need to give them my AC Adapter, too, or just the system/stylus? Also, will all of my account info be stored on my SD card, or should I do a system wipe before trading?

Anyone buy or trade anything yesterday and get 2x points? I'm curius as to how it's going to break down.
I traded in:

500GB Xbox One - $240

4GB Xbox 360 Model E - $100

And I bought:

500GB GoW:UE bundle Xbox One - $300

For all that I got 12,800. I ain't doing the math. :D

I traded in:

500GB Xbox One - $240

4GB Xbox 360 Model E - $100

And I bought:

500GB GoW:UE bundle Xbox One - $300

For all that I got 12,800. I ain't doing the math. :D
I don't have my point totals printed on my receipt anywhere... Also, I had to go back to the store and convert my "reservation" to an on-line purchase. So the Quantum Break console will ship to me and I won't get charged an extra $50

I don't have my point totals printed on my receipt anywhere... Also, I had to go back to the store and convert my "reservation" to an on-line purchase. So the Quantum Break console will ship to me and I won't get charged an extra $50
My total wasn't on my receipt, I had to go look online.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back