GameStop Trade & Promos XXVII: Values available on the website and on Android/iOS app.

Status
Not open for further replies.

JP

CAG Veteran
Feedback
181 (100%)
WELCOME TO THE NEW GAMESTOP TRADE-IN THREAD.

The new thread format will be a work in progress but this first post will be the promos that are active and useful information, but also wikified. The second post will currently be frequently asked questions but may move it into the first post. Post three will be historical trade-in values from before the list.

Trade-in Values Available at: http://www.gamestop.com/trade

Also on GameStop app on iOS and Android

Upcoming Promotions/Information:

From GameStop employees on CAG:

GameStop.com Information (will post it when they update it)

Guaranteed $30/$40 on select games (Varying End Dates)

GameStop.com said:

Last edited by a moderator:
Is anyone else getting "Access Denied" when trying to look at values on the desktop website? It seems intermittent, which leads me to believe that they may be trying to limit how much we can use it.
You know the GS website is shit broke sometimes, use the mobile site. Worked for me when looking up values just now.

I can confirm that the extra $10 for trading in two PS4 or XB1 games coupon works on many games. I traded in 14 games and got an extra $70.
Damn Thanks, I will be waiting until very end. I'm about to clear as much as I can from the backlog. Almost done with UC collection, on UC3 and then time to complete some other stuff.

From the Gamestop email:  Your April Newsletter: Catch Up on the Latest

Buy any New Release ($39.99 or higher and any Pre-owned Game ($39.99 or higher) and get a bonus $10 Gamestop gift card.  Valid 4/4 to 4/24 In Store only.

The Gamestop.com/trade website is advertising the $10 trade bonus with  ANY 2 Xbox One/PS4 games.  

I already used my coupon, anybody care to try if the coupon works on games less with less than $2.50 trade in value?

The promo is if you buy a new game $39.99 and above and a pre-owned $39.99 and above you get a $10 Gamestop Giftcard. The associate has to remember to add the GC to the transaction, it's not automatic. 

I haven't done it so I'm not sure how coupons affect it. 

I used PUR coupons on $39.99 3DS games today and did not receive $10 gc's. So Im assuming it has to be at least $39.99 after coupons.
See:

The promo is if you buy a new game $39.99 and above and a pre-owned $39.99 and above you get a $10 Gamestop Giftcard. The associate has to remember to add the GC to the transaction, it's not automatic.

I haven't done it so I'm not sure how coupons affect it.
They have to manually ring up the $10 GC, then it will take $10 off the total of one of the games to package it out.

Traded in 10 games I got from the Redbox deal today (8 games at 8.99 and 2 games at 5.99), so $84+tax, call it $90.  Did the 50% bonus trade in value for the Division, came to $171 credit with PUR.  Then was able to do the Division + Rainbow 6 Siege deal which is save $40 when you buy them together. (Siege rings up as 19.99 when scanned after the Division in this deal).  After donating $1 to Autism Speaks, was left with $85.14 credit!

Sweet deal!

They have to manually ring up the $10 GC, then it will take $10 off the total of one of the games to package it out.
Thanks. Probably more info than the associates are aware of. Still would like to know if PUR Pro and/or coupons reducing (specifically the pre-owned game) the price below $39.99 has any effect on the promo.

The Gamestop.com/trade website is advertising the $10 trade bonus with ANY 2 Xbox One/PS4 games.

I already used my coupon, anybody care to try if the coupon works on games less with less than $2.50 trade in value?
It says it doesn't in the T&C, and I can confirm I didn't get it on Destiny / Watch Dogs.

I have a bunch of coupons in my account:

• Get 20% Off One Pre-owned Game, expires 07/31/2016
  • Save $10 on Batman Arkham Knight, expires 04/30/2016
  • $20 Extra Credit When You Trade Any Slim PS3 or Xbox 360, expires 04/29/2016
  • Save $20 on Mad Max, expires 04/30/2016
  • 50% Extra Credit When You Trade Your Games Towards The Division, expires 04/16/2016
  • $10 Extra Credit When You Trade 2 PS4 or XB1 Games, expires 04/29/2016

I have a bunch of coupons in my account:

• Get 20% Off One Pre-owned Game, expires 07/31/2016
  • Save $10 on Batman Arkham Knight, expires 04/30/2016
  • $20 Extra Credit When You Trade Any Slim PS3 or Xbox 360, expires 04/29/2016
  • Save $20 on Mad Max, expires 04/30/2016
  • 50% Extra Credit When You Trade Your Games Towards The Division, expires 04/16/2016
  • $10 Extra Credit When You Trade 2 PS4 or XB1 Games, expires 04/29/2016
Welcome to the thread.

My in store zero effect 3 preorders have shown five dollar deposits with a balance due of 34.99 each for a vita and 3ds copy. The app has shown this all along since I preordered in July, as well as an undeterminined release date(12/31/16). Now that we have a real release date for it everything updated but now the app shows I have an in store preorder for each copy with no deposit paid. The balance on each preorder is 39.99. Wtf. Hubert or deader-u ever heard of this? We all know the site and app can be wonky but come on, obviously I have five dollars down on each that's the minimum

Hey guys I have a quick question for anyone that could help.

I have a white Xbox one I haven't used much (mainly play ps4) and looking to trade it in. I saw on Gamestop it's going for $125 trade in (a month ago it was like $200) and they have a promotion now for trading in an Xbox one towards a ps4 or Xbox one you get $200.... Could I potentially get the $200 credit, buy a system and return the system while retaining the $200 credit and getting a refund for the remaining amount?

If not, what's the best way to get at least $200 or more for a trade in on an Xbox one? Would rather Do a simple trade in than selling on eBay and dealing with shipping and/or possible fraud.

Thanks!

Hey guys I have a quick question for anyone that could help.
I have a white Xbox one I haven't used much (mainly play ps4) and looking to trade it in. I saw on Gamestop it's going for $125 trade in (a month ago it was like $200) and they have a promotion now for trading in an Xbox one towards a ps4 or Xbox one you get $200.... Could I potentially get the $200 credit, buy a system and return the system while retaining the $200 credit and getting a refund for the remaining amount?
If not, what's the best way to get at least $200 or more for a trade in on an Xbox one? Would rather Do a simple trade in than selling on eBay and dealing with shipping and/or possible fraud.
Thanks!
Local garage sale groups on Facebook. $200 should move quickly, just be prepared for idiot lowballers.

so do you have to have the coupon for the extra $10? I ask because its on the trade in page on gamestop.com and i thought that normally means its automatic

so do you have to have the coupon for the extra $10? I ask because its on the trade in page on gamestop.com and i thought that normally means its automatic
Yes.

This was a problem because I'm in the middle of the quarter-long process to replace my card and they had put my account in "new card" mode, meaning I couldn't access my active offers. Fortunately, the manager at my store is awesome and managed to get it fixed within a few minutes. I really need to get a second account.

Is GameStop able to print additional preorder DLC codes? I picked up my preorder for Bravely Second but I wanted to use trade credit instead of my initial deposit. They cancelled the preorder to refund my money and rang up the game. Of course, this means I didn't get the DLC code.

If I go back, will they be able to help?

Managed to flip State of Decay and Resident Evil Revelations 2 that I got for $6 each from Redbox for $32 in credit today with the $10 bonus. Pretty solid.

So I have 15,200 points today but I just returned The Division, so the points will decrease below tomorrow. I was considering using the points for a $15 off a new item cert, but what will happen to my points tomorrow? Will I have negative points? And will I get in any trouble for doing this?

So I have 15,200 points today but I just returned The Division, so the points will decrease below tomorrow. I was considering using the points for a $15 off a new item cert, but what will happen to my points tomorrow? Will I have negative points? And will I get in any trouble for doing this?
You would go into the negative point balance.

Is GameStop able to print additional preorder DLC codes? I picked up my preorder for Bravely Second but I wanted to use trade credit instead of my initial deposit. They cancelled the preorder to refund my money and rang up the game. Of course, this means I didn't get the DLC code.

If I go back, will they be able to help?
Yes just explain your situation.

Anyone try the 50% bump coupon with accessories? I know it says games but I wonder if it'll work with controllers and a few amiibo I have.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back