GameStop Trade & Promos XXVII: Values available on the website and on Android/iOS app.

Status
Not open for further replies.

JP

CAG Veteran
Feedback
181 (100%)
WELCOME TO THE NEW GAMESTOP TRADE-IN THREAD.

The new thread format will be a work in progress but this first post will be the promos that are active and useful information, but also wikified. The second post will currently be frequently asked questions but may move it into the first post. Post three will be historical trade-in values from before the list.

Trade-in Values Available at: http://www.gamestop.com/trade

Also on GameStop app on iOS and Android

Upcoming Promotions/Information:

From GameStop employees on CAG:

GameStop.com Information (will post it when they update it)

Guaranteed $30/$40 on select games (Varying End Dates)

GameStop.com said:

Last edited by a moderator:
Darn, GS had :360: CoD BO for $9.99/$8.99 and now it's $19.99. Not sure if they sale ended or they increased the price because of the backwards compatibility. Guess I'll just buy it digital.
Deader said a lot of people were looking for it the other day. Did someone find an exploit that homebrews 360s?

Mostly just these:

Doom :ps4: :xb1: -$5 base

Homefront: The Revolution :ps4: :xb1: -$3 base

Uncharted 4 :ps4: -$3 base

Digimon Story Cyber Sleuth :ps4: -$2 base
Naruto Shippuden Ultimate Ninja Storm 4 :ps4: :xb1: -$2 base
Sniper Elite III :360: :ps3: -$2 base

There are other drops but the price went down with them so I understand why. The above went down with no price change. All the TIV bumps were because sales ended. Also there were a fair amount of price drops too that had TIV stay the same.

Details:
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1QHes9WjTbQvu-uB5Bkp_cwrKtJtZiqANFr_RfwvzkYs/edit#gid=744744072
That's sad about HF, it just came out yesterday. I brought it solo for the steelbook and was gonna dump it to GS for $40 after promo. And end up with the SB for $2.41. I should probably just play it for the next day or two before trading it now but I fear it will drop some more.... Is DS4 still getting the higher value?

I'll just keep doom sealed and return it for overwatch next tuesday.

What is my best option for getting a new Xbox One? Waiting for this Black Friday? I'm not in a rush to get one as I have a huge backlog of games to play, but I see that the 1TB spring bundle with Halo 5, Rare Replay, Gears, and Ori is on sale for $369.99, and you get back a $50 gift card for purchasing. Though I'm a bit skeptical about buying one right away as I fear a PS4 Neo-esque situation

What is my best option for getting a new Xbox One? Waiting for this Black Friday? I'm not in a rush to get one as I have a huge backlog of games to play, but I see that the 1TB spring bundle with Halo 5, Rare Replay, Gears, and Ori is on sale for $369.99, and you get back a $50 gift card for purchasing. Though I'm a bit skeptical about buying one right away as I fear a PS4 Neo-esque situation
Wait for E3. They are rumored to announce a more powerful model.

It was leaked it may be releasing late September or early October 2016. Sony released the specs too. Original PS4s might get a price cut around this time.

Original PS4
CPU - 8 Jaguar Cores at 1.6 GHz
GPU - AMD GCN, 18 CUs at 800 MHz
Memory - 8 GB GDDR5, 176 GB/s

NEO
CPU - 8 Jaguar Cores at 2.1 GHz
GPU - Improved AMD GCN, 36 CUs at 911 MHz
Memory - 8 GB GDDR5, 218 GB/s

It was leaked it may be releasing late September or early October 2016. Sony released the specs too. Original PS4s might get a price cut around this time.

Original PS4 NEO

NEO

They might just keep the $350 pricing on the "old" PS4 and make the $399 pricing for the PS4 Neo.

Original PS4 NEO

NEO

Yeah I know the PS4 Neo is pretty much confirmed at this point, I was just wondering if MS was gonna do a similar thing with the Xbox One. I know they said a few months ago that they have no plans to make a stronger version of the same system, but being that the Xbox One already performs worse with multiplats than the regular PS4 as it is, I have a hard time believing that they aren't at least considering an Xbox One Neo to compete with the PS4 Neo

I agree that they might keep the $349.99 price point for the original console and just charge more for the Neo, as I read at launch they were losing $60 on each console at the $399.99 price point. Hard to believe that within 3.5 years the cost of the technology has gone down $110+ per unit

Original PS4 NEO

NEO
I need to resist the temptation of buying a :ps4: right now. Finals are coming up and I wanted one for the summer

They might just keep the $350 pricing on the "old" PS4 and make the $399 pricing for the PS4 Neo.
idk I see the new model being pretty expensive. It's marginal upgrades (from the leak reports) but it's being sold a luxury gaming console. It's not "needed" to play ps4 games/they don't have to get it into everyone's hands like previous consoles.

Not too mention haven't herd anything about a HDD. Will they go SSD, 1TB, 2TB? that alone can make it 500-600+.

idk I see the new model being pretty expensive. It's marginal upgrades (from the leak reports) but it's being sold a luxury gaming console. It's not "needed" to play ps4 games/they don't have to get it into everyone's hands like previous consoles.

Not too mention haven't herd anything about a HDD. Will they go SSD, 1TB, 2TB? that alone can make it 500-600+.
1-2 TB would be awesome...they need to leave the 500GB behind already

1-2 TB would be awesome...they need to leave the 500GB behind already
id prefer they stay at 500gb and let me choose how much to pay to upgrade instead of pushing a higher price for the console based on more memory. for example the 1tb xbox ones are $50 more, yet I paid $60 for my 2 tb hard drive for my ps4. from them i pay $50 more for 500gb or $60 more on my own for 1.5tb more.

Quick question: I traded in some games to buy Doom and I re bought all the games I traded in. And I wanna do this again before the promo ends but I wanna know how many copies of the game I've traded in. Wasn't there a link that shows what games you traded in?

Quick question: I traded in some games to buy Doom and I re bought all the games I traded in. And I wanna do this again before the promo ends but I wanna know how many copies of the game I've traded in. Wasn't there a link that shows what games you traded in?
The mobile version of Power Up Rewards I believe.

id prefer they stay at 500gb and let me choose how much to pay to upgrade instead of pushing a higher price for the console based on more memory. for example the 1tb xbox ones are $50 more, yet I paid $60 for my 2 tb hard drive for my ps4. from them i pay $50 more for 500gb or $60 more on my own for 1.5tb more.
Or just pull their head out of their ass and add external support.

changing the internal is easy enough. Prefer it to having an extra hard drive hanging off my system tbh.
The external drive is great going between two different consoles.

Also it is incredibly easy to go beyond 2TB of storage with an external USB drive.

To anyone who has ordered a physical reward with their PUR points... how long does it take to process? I ordered one of those Pop Figures on Monday and on my order history it still says "pending"... three days and they haven't even shipped the thing?

I have a question about using the PUR Reward Certificates.

Can those be used in combination with the 20% off a used-game coupon?

I know the 20% off coupon says that it cannot be used in combination with another coupon, but, I wasn't sure if GS considers the Reward Certificates like cash like Best Buy does.

I have a question about using the PUR Reward Certificates.

Can those be used in combination with the 20% off a used-game coupon?

I know the 20% off coupon says that it cannot be used in combination with another coupon, but, I wasn't sure if GS considers the Reward Certificates like cash like Best Buy does.
Yes and the 20% comes off first.

Does anyone know if you can trade in multiple controllers at once. I have a few DS4s I'd like to get that 50% bonus on, but I'm not sure what's the general policy on controller trade-ins. I know most stores won't take multiples of games.

Does anyone know if you can trade in multiple controllers at once. I have a few DS4s I'd like to get that 50% bonus on, but I'm not sure what's the general policy on controller trade-ins. I know most stores won't take multiples of games.
Yeah that's fine. Accessories don't have a limit like games.

The stipulations on the rewards certificate says it is not valid towards "gift cards, downloadable content, reservations or POSA cards". I'm guessing I can't use a $15 reward certificate towards a year of Playstation Plus then?

Also which one is the better value, the regular rewards certificate or the pre-owned reward certificate?

The stipulations on the rewards certificate says it is not valid towards "gift cards, downloadable content, reservations or POSA cards". I'm guessing I can't use a $15 reward certificate towards a year of Playstation Plus then?

Also which one is the better value, the regular rewards certificate or the pre-owned reward certificate?
Nope, anything that's a code on a card (such a PS+) cannot be bought with certificates.

And it depends, are you buying something used? Then use the cheaper certificate. If not, then use the regular one.

Okay. So I traded in the same games on April 16, 30, and May 13. I should be okay to trade in the same games if I did it tomorrow?

FYI both AC Syndicate and R6 Siege will be $10 after PUR coupon May 20-22 with the Armed Forces sale.  Siege currently trades in for $15.40, so there's a chance to make $5.  Not sure about Syndicate as I don't own that... yet

FYI both AC Syndicate and R6 Siege will be $10 after PUR coupon May 20-22 with the Armed Forces sale. Siege currently trades in for $15.40, so there's a chance to make $5. Not sure about Syndicate as I don't own that... yet
The caption above the games says "Pro Member Exclusive" so I think GS already factored the coupon in the advertised price. YMMV.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back