GameStop Trade & Promos XXVII: Values available on the website and on Android/iOS app.

Status
Not open for further replies.

JP

CAG Veteran
Feedback
181 (100%)
WELCOME TO THE NEW GAMESTOP TRADE-IN THREAD.

The new thread format will be a work in progress but this first post will be the promos that are active and useful information, but also wikified. The second post will currently be frequently asked questions but may move it into the first post. Post three will be historical trade-in values from before the list.

Trade-in Values Available at: http://www.gamestop.com/trade

Also on GameStop app on iOS and Android

Upcoming Promotions/Information:

From GameStop employees on CAG:

GameStop.com Information (will post it when they update it)

Guaranteed $30/$40 on select games (Varying End Dates)

GameStop.com said:

Last edited by a moderator:
True. I'll go that route next time. I did return it because I got it from BB though. Didn't expect to be told my trade in credit was Gamestop saving me money.
Well Gamestop offered you 50% more, which regenerated you an additional $24 with the condition that you purchase said game.

$24 is greater than the $12 GCU saved you...so he wasn't wrong lol

AC3F6F6C491096081824607887360_13b500194b5.3.4.jpg

Well Gamestop offered you 50% more, which regenerated you an additional $24 with the condition that you purchase said game.

$24 is greater than the $12 GCU saved you...so he wasn't wrong lol
I mean he probably saved infinitely more than if he would have directly traded those games to Best Buy, though.

You didn't know GameStop money is greater than cash? Don't you know that people always say that they got *insert new game for free* and you ask them how, and they say they traded in a bunch of games. Because they obviously didn't pay anything for those games to begin with, so it was free!
In Texas GameStop money IS better than cash...

I did a search and haven't seen it mentioned, but a lot of the same games on the guaranteed $25 trade list are a guaranteed $35 trade towards Overwatch. Just going to return it or transfer the credit to another preorder and re-pre-order with another trade-in.

Edit:The $35 guaranteed credit offer is gone, I swear I just saw it, said it ended the 24th.

I did a search and haven't seen it mentioned, but a lot of the same games on the guaranteed $25 trade list are a guaranteed $35 trade towards Overwatch. Just going to return it or transfer the credit to another preorder and re-pre-order with another trade-in.

Edit:The $35 guaranteed credit offer is gone, I swear I just saw it, said it ended the 24th.
It wasn't $35. It was "trade X game and get $25 towards Overwatch"

Just got a notification on the app with the best deal gamestop has had in a while. 40% off a large pizza at papa johns.......
40% off at papa johns menu price is still 20% more than any other place.

Plus they'll sell you a 12 inch pizza with 4 inches of it being crust.

He's talking about ps4, x1 doesn't have charge cables packaged in they have batteries.
oh true my bad. I forget they don't actually come with the plug and charge thingdo. Just remembered having to scrounge up a cable to sync the controllers since they didn't sync without it.

Minimum purchase is $100.
The threshold is usually $100.

I can't believe so many people sleep on ebay GC rolling. Take today for example. I rolled my usual $200 so I get back $16 in eBay bucks, enough gamestop PUR points for a $5 off used item coupon and $2 back via ebates (or another cash back site). It's certainly worth the $20 or so bucks for me to stop on my way home from work to grab another eBay GC from GS...maybe it's just me though.

The threshold is usually $100.

I can't believe so many people sleep on ebay GC rolling. Take today for example. I rolled my usual $200 so I get back $16 in eBay bucks, enough gamestop PUR points for a $5 off used item purchase coupon and $2 back via ebates (or another cash back site). It's certainly worth the $20 or so bucks for me to stop on my way home from work to grab another eBay GC from GS...maybe it's just me though.
Works great until PayPal bones you over with a GC ban. :wall: :Wall: :wall:

Works great until PayPal bones you over with a GC ban.
I've been doing it for 6-7 months now. If you keep it in moderation, my self imposed limit is $200 per ebay buck bonus cycle (to clarify I mean each time they do a bonus, i.e. this 8% buck bonus period), you should be fine. There are people on SD complaining about the ban who were trying to purchase thousands of dollars of GC at a time. Just have to use your head.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back