GameStop Trade & Promos XXVII: Values available on the website and on Android/iOS app.

Status
Not open for further replies.

JP

CAG Veteran
Feedback
181 (100%)
WELCOME TO THE NEW GAMESTOP TRADE-IN THREAD.

The new thread format will be a work in progress but this first post will be the promos that are active and useful information, but also wikified. The second post will currently be frequently asked questions but may move it into the first post. Post three will be historical trade-in values from before the list.

Trade-in Values Available at: http://www.gamestop.com/trade

Also on GameStop app on iOS and Android

Upcoming Promotions/Information:

From GameStop employees on CAG:

GameStop.com Information (will post it when they update it)

Guaranteed $30/$40 on select games (Varying End Dates)

GameStop.com said:

Last edited by a moderator:
Traded in DragonBall xenoverse, uncharted 4, Overwatch (got it preowned for $32 after coupons... Hated it) dying light enhanced edition (just got that from amazon, I'll rebuy digital today) and dark souls 2 all on ps4. Came out to 184 but I had to get doom. Not bad. I really wanted to play DragonBall too.

Seems like almost everything on sale at best buys Dotd the past month were flippable in some cases they made at least $12. I held onto until dawn and bloodborne from those sales. So tough not trading them in

I shouldn't have a problem trading in 4 copies of minecraft story (each different system)?

I figure if I pick those up at BB and trade those in towards doom that will take care of the cost of doom/minecrafts and then I'll be able to trade in the games I really wanna get rid of and get the 50% :D

edit:
meh nevermind minecraft droped about 7 bucks

other cagamers suggested to get a gift receipt.
nah man, not this guy. Last time he did this to me I was literally just returning the show and putting that credit towards the PSVR so I could get that trade bump. He made me return /rebuy everything then trade it towards the VR.... It took 10 mins... The difference in credit... 80 cents... In my favor.

Oh boy, wish my local BB had Dark Souls II Scholar of the First Sins in stock.

Oh well, going to get JC3, 2 copies of minecraft and trade those toward Doom (and actually pick up the game and play it this time)

Gonna be weird as I already bought and returned 1 copy of Doom, think I might get it for PC for the heck of it 

Looks like I'm partaking after all.  Gonna grab Doom and flip it to BB after I finish the campaign probably this weekend, and pick up a used copy of Overwatch Origins @ a local GS for about $30 after a $10 used cert

I experienced no problems at all today. Three different Targets...
One copy of Syndicate for PS4, one copy for XBox One, each price matched to $29.99, and no problems getting the $50 gift card back as part of the sale.
Honestly, could not have possibly gone any smoother than it did.
When do you ask them to PM, before the games are added to the transaction or after? Also before or after the gift card is swiped?

Couple other recent BestBuy DOTDs that are getting good values:

Sword Art Online: Lost Song - $32

One Piece Pirate Warriors 3 - $28

Bloodborne - $32

Uncharted Drake Collection - $32

Tales of Zestiria (PS4) - $28

It's truly amazing how much they're giving for a lot of titles.

JC3/Siege: $40 -- have been $24 now and in the past.

Until Dawn: $32 -- has been $16/20 multiple times, especially BF

Rory Golf: $32 -- it was lke a $15 DOTD at Best Buy not too long ago
GTA V: $40 -- was $28 BB DOTD a few weeks ago

#PowerToThePlayers

I experienced no problems at all today. Three different Targets...
One copy of Syndicate for PS4, one copy for XBox One, each price matched to $29.99, and no problems getting the $50 gift card back as part of the sale.
Honestly, could not have possibly gone any smoother than it did.
I went back to customer service to tell them that a mistake is made, and they told me that's impossible lol they wanted a picture to believe , so could you upload a picture of the receipt that shows how target can price match both ps4 and x1 of ACS in the same transaction if you still have?

So there is a deal going on "Save $25 on New Games"
Is it an additional $25?

Because many of the games listed are more then $25 trade in.

Super Mario U + Luigi U is $38 trade in Value, but it is on the $25 list..

[attachment=22105:902x205_Trade_25d_games.jpg]

$25 Trade Credit on Select Titles
  • Bayonetta 2 w/Bayonetta 1 (Wii U)
  • Bravely Default (3DS)
  • Bravely Second End Layer (3DS)
  • Call of Duty Black Ops 3 (XB1)
  • Dark Souls 3 (PS4/XB1)
  • Devils Third (Wii U)
  • Dirt Rally (PS4/XB1)
  • DOOM (PS4/XB1)
  • Dying Light Following Edition (PS4/XB1)
  • Far Cry Primal (PS4/XB1)
  • Fire Emblem Awakening (3DS)
  • Fire Emblem Fates Birthright (3DS)
  • Fire Emblem Fates Conquest (3DS)
  • Fire Emblem Fates Special Ed. (3DS)
  • Fire Emblem Radiant Dawn (Wii)
  • Forza 6 (XB1)
  • Forza Horizon 2 (XB1/XB360)
  • Grand Theft Auto V (PS4/XB1)
  • Homefront Revolution (PS4/XB1)
  • Hyrule Warriors Legends (3DS)
  • Legend of Spyro Dawn of the Dragon (PS3)
  • Legend of Zelda: Link Between Worlds (3DS)
  • Legend of Zelda: Majora's Mask (3DS)
  • Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword (Wii)
  • Legend of Zelda: The Wind Waker (WiiU)
  • Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess (Wii U)
  • LEGO Marvels Avengers (PS4/XB1)
  • Mario & Luigi Paper Jam (3DS)
  • Mario & Sonic Rio 2016 Olympics(3DS)
  • Mario Kart 8 (Wii U)
  • Mario Party 10 (Wii U)
  • Mario Party 9 (Wii)
  • Mario Tennis Ultra Smash (Wii U)
  • Marvel Ultimate Alliance Gold (XB360)
  • MLB The Show 16 (PS4)
  • Mortal Kombat XL (PS4/XB1)
  • New Super Luigi U (Wii U)
  • New Super Mario Bros. U (Wii U)
  • New Super Mario U/Luigi U (Wii U)
  • Overwatch (PS4/XB1)
  • Pikmin 2 Selects (Wii)
  • Plants vs Zombies Garden War 2 (PS4/XB1)
  • Pokemon Alpha Sapphire (3DS)
  • Pokemon Black Version 2 (DS)
  • Pokemon Diamond (DS)
  • Pokemon HeartGold (DS)
  • Pokemon Omega Ruby (3DS)
  • Pokemon Platinum (DS)
  • Pokemon SoulSilver (DS)
  • Pokemon Super Mystery Dungeon (3DS)
  • Pokemon White Version 2 (DS)
  • Pokemon X (3DS)
  • Pokemon Y (3DS)
  • Pokken Tournament (Wii U)
  • Quantum Break (XB1)
  • Rainbow Six Siege (PS4/XB1)
  • Ratchet and Clank (PS4)
  • Rise of the Tomb Raider (XB360)
  • Samurai Warriors 4 Empires (PS4)
  • Senran Kagura Estival Versus (PS4)
  • Splatoon (Wii U)
  • Star Fox 64 3D (3DS)
  • Star Fox Zero (Wii U)
  • Stella Glow (3DS)
  • Street Fighter V (PS4)
  • Super Mario Maker (WiiU)
  • Super Smash Brothers (3DS/WII U)
  • TMNT Mutants in Manhattan (XB1/PS4)
  • UFC 2 (PS4/XB1)
  • Uncharted 4: Thiefs End (PS4)
  • Wii Party U (Wii U)
  • Wii Sports Club (Wii U)
  • Xenoblade Chronicles (3DS/Wii)
  • Xenoblade Chronicles X (Wii U)
  • YO-KAI Watch (3DS)
  • Yoshi's Woolly World (Wii U)

When do you ask them to PM, before the games are added to the transaction or after? Also before or after the gift card is swiped?
I too had no issues with this. I told The guy on electronics I wanted two games and was going to PM. He said ok, took them out and walked me to Customer Service. Employee asks where am I price matching and I say Best Buy. She used the tablet to confirm price and scanned both games. Their system automatically informs them to scan a gift card so the $50 can be loaded. You don't have to ask them for it.

[attachment=22107:image.jpeg]

I'm assuming most of you that got eBay GCs today will be waiting for 8% eBay bucks promotion before you purchase Best Buy eGC, etc...?
I can't wait that long. The rush of flipping games is too powerful.

I keep telling myself that one day I will stop with the GS flips. Then I look at my home gym (Rogue, Pendlay, Again Faster) and realized that everything was purchased by buying and selling video games.
Get yourself a luxury watch using Amazon credit. It becomes a constant reminder of the hustle.

giphy.gif

Thread needs more gifs.

And having your credit put on a general gc instead of the shiny silver ones. Can't remember why I started doing that but ever tatic helps for staying under the radar. I decided to chill out and see if there's any funny business with the values tomorrow.

So true . Made it a lot easier to get my 2nd.And having your credit put on a general gc instead of the shiny silver ones. Can't remember why I started doing that but ever tatic helps for staying under the radar. I decided to chill out and see if there's any funny business with the values tomorrow.

You don't actually need id.
Sorry I meant for getting a pur pro. Even if I use a basic pur acct, the gs in my state need an id to record for trading-in. I assume for pawn laws here. I'm worried that my id will be recorded from this even with basic pur trading.

I went back to customer service to tell them that a mistake is made, and they told me that's impossible lol they wanted a picture to believe , so could you upload a picture of the receipt that shows how target can price match both ps4 and x1 of ACS in the same transaction if you still have?
I did 2 PM attempts at 2 separate Targets. First one, PM was done but the GC did not go through. Didn't notice till after the transaction and when I asked was told system applies the better deal automatically now.

Second attempt I was denied before the transaction started cause it's one or the other and "we can't void the gift card but that's too good a deal for you"

So it seems very YMMV now.

I shouldn't have a problem trading in 4 copies of minecraft story (each different system)?

I figure if I pick those up at BB and trade those in towards doom that will take care of the cost of doom/minecrafts and then I'll be able to trade in the games I really wanna get rid of and get the 50% :D

edit:
meh nevermind minecraft droped about 7 bucks
Dude don't scare me like that. I bought 10 copies of Minecraft but it started pouring so I couldn't trade them in. Thought I was about to get screwed lol.

does ibotta give some sort of confirmation after use?

Cashier scanned mine but there's no indication it worked..
Just to follow up. I used the ibotta app yesterday on a $100+ BB purchase, and was just credited the $5 in my account today.

Big thanks to the poster that mentioned that Just Cause 3 Xbox One comes with a code for Just Cause 2.  I'll add it to my digital backlog that I know I'll never get to.

*edit* 360 Slim adapters have been a reliable flip for what 3 years now? 

I just checked my points and i received about 16,000 for yesterday's trade-in/purchase. I cashed all my points for $30 off pre-owned coupons last week and now I have enough for another $30 in coupons yay lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back