GameStop Trade & Promos XXVII: Values available on the website and on Android/iOS app.

Status
Not open for further replies.

JP

CAG Veteran
Feedback
181 (100%)
WELCOME TO THE NEW GAMESTOP TRADE-IN THREAD.

The new thread format will be a work in progress but this first post will be the promos that are active and useful information, but also wikified. The second post will currently be frequently asked questions but may move it into the first post. Post three will be historical trade-in values from before the list.

Trade-in Values Available at: http://www.gamestop.com/trade

Also on GameStop app on iOS and Android

Upcoming Promotions/Information:

From GameStop employees on CAG:

GameStop.com Information (will post it when they update it)

Guaranteed $30/$40 on select games (Varying End Dates)

GameStop.com said:

Last edited by a moderator:
I've been led to believe that the limit for trade credit is ~$1000. Is it really that much higher than that?
Nobody knows the exact number but I think it's above $1,000. My guess is $1,500. $2,000 definitely gets hit with an automatic ban. The only way to know the current threshold is if somebody reports back their most successful trade limit. (i.e. hit $1,500 after last trade and made a successful trade again after that without any system prompt).

Just had an awesome CL score and I'm going straight to GS with these. Bought these 4 games for $50. Met the lady at a Quality Inn lobby and she said she had access to more of these plus any other games in interested in. Pretty sure they are stolen but oh well

.[attachment=22111:image.jpeg]

Just had an awesome CL score and I'm going straight to GS with these. Bought these 4 games for $50. Met the lady at a Quality Inn lobby and she said she had access to more of these plus any other games in interested in. Pretty sure they are stolen but oh well

attachicon.gif
image.jpeg
Take it your GS doesnt care if you dont have cases? Mine doesnt either...but then again, I dont have any damn cd cases.

You should go buy more from her

. image.jpeg
No. I doubt they're stolen. What makes you think that? I'm sure her son just bought these, finished them, threw away the cases, and asked his mom to sell then on craigslist for probably less than 25% what he paid for them. Her son bought multiple copies and any other games you're interested in because he's not good with money or something.

Will I get the extra 10% credit If I create a new PUR account and pay for the $15 membership fee on the same transaction as the trades and purchase of Doom/Uncharted?

No. I doubt they're stolen. What makes you think that? I'm sure her son just bought these, finished them, threw away the cases, and asked his mom to sell then on craigslist for probably less than 25% what he paid for them. Her son bought multiple copies and any other games you're interested in because he's not good with money or something.
Ahhhh my conscience is clear then. Whew!!! I hope she doesn't kiss her son with that mouth though. She had a NASTY cold sore

bought back the battleborn i traded in for $40 yesterday for $34, used a $25 used certificate to get it down to $9 and already sent it into amazon for $37.79. they only had 4 $25 kindle cards left so kind of out of that option for now.

Big thanks to the poster that mentioned that Just Cause 3 Xbox One comes with a code for Just Cause 2. I'll add it to my digital backlog that I know I'll never get to.

*edit* 360 Slim adapters have been a reliable flip for what 3 years now?
I should really open my games... will be one I give away since I already own Just Cause 2 digitally.

The target PM + gift card has always been YMMV. Source: three years as electronics employee.

Now, I would've done the PM at electronics myself if you seemed nice, and heard nothing about it from management (they have bigger, more naughty fish to fry like the guy who came in and bought thousands of dollars worth of iTunes cards at $.30 on the dollar)

The target PM + gift card has always been YMMV. Source: three years as electronics employee.

Now, I would've done the PM at electronics myself if you seemed nice, and heard nothing about it from management (they have bigger, more naughty fish to fry like the guy who came in and bought thousands of dollars worth of iTunes cards at $.30 on the dollar)
how did they do that?

Some weird PM that wasn't supposed to be allowed, much less on hundreds of items. It was truly baffling, and sketchy (the store manager was involved)

As part of the price match policy it explicitly gives the authority to deny multiple pms on the same item (probably like that for a long time)

If you're thinking of boomeranging Battleborn (+$8), a lot of stores still have new copies with the Gamestop preorder exclusive collectible figure for $39.99 - if you don't mind a little extra work, trading it back in is a wash but the figures all seem to be going for $20+ on eBay.  

so did you guys return uncharted 4/Doom immediately or did you wait couple days to avoid suspicions?

Thanks to whoever posted about Rise of the Tomb Raider on X360 a couple pages back. BB website shows $40 but it rings up at $25 before GCU, then trades for $25 base at GS. From what I've seen this is the second best flip after Minecraft.

Overall, I turned $136 in BB credit into $237 of GS credit+code for Just Cause 2+codes for Rainbow Six Vegas 1 and 2+a free PUR membership+who knows how many points. Not bad for about an hour of "work".

I have a question:

I was a basic Power up member and i had $100.xx on my card. Today i traded some stuff in for the uncharted deal, the guy ended up talking me into upgrading to a Pro account. When i look at my account it says i am pro, but when i look at my balance i am no longer seeing the $100 i used to have, i am only seeing the 60-somthing i had leftover from todays trade.

When i enter my old basic card info on the check balance page it still shows that i has the $100, will the 2 cards eventually merge or will i have to go back to a store to get them to merge it.

I couldn't get the Target price match and the promotion and it wasn't because the lady was actively trying to stop me. She scanned the card and I guess something popped up on her screen to say she could honor one or the other. Oh well.

As far as slim power bricks, would anyone recommend using an aftermarket on your own system? Was thinking about trading mine in today and just ordering a new one off of Amazon, but they go for almost $30 new

Yesterday I got the target giftcard/price match to work on a first transaction. The second one the person did she caught it and then wondered if the first transaction had a 50$ gift card. It helped she was distracted and going through the motions. I tried at another location today and he acted like it was one or the other. I think it's very ymmv now with things. More training for price matching.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back