GameStop Trade & Promos XXVII: Values available on the website and on Android/iOS app.

Status
Not open for further replies.

JP

CAG Veteran
Feedback
181 (100%)
WELCOME TO THE NEW GAMESTOP TRADE-IN THREAD.

The new thread format will be a work in progress but this first post will be the promos that are active and useful information, but also wikified. The second post will currently be frequently asked questions but may move it into the first post. Post three will be historical trade-in values from before the list.

Trade-in Values Available at: http://www.gamestop.com/trade

Also on GameStop app on iOS and Android

Upcoming Promotions/Information:

From GameStop employees on CAG:

GameStop.com Information (will post it when they update it)

Guaranteed $30/$40 on select games (Varying End Dates)

GameStop.com said:

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm in Wilmington for Memorial Day coming from Raleigh and decided to do some flips out here. Went to Jacksonville for some trades and unfortunately they require ID here just like in Raleigh :( made a new account too and now it has my dads ID tied to it because I'm too scared to try my ID since my main account w my ID is currently banned. My 2nd account has both mine and my dads ID tied to it and I haven't tried it since I got conned into using my ID for the 2nd account. So now my 3rd account only had my dads ID tied to it and I just wonder how it'll affect my other accounts. I wish we understood more about the IDs tied to PUR accounts so I could know how to keep my other accounts from getting banned.

So my 1st account has my ID, 2nd account has mine and my dads ID and the third one only has my dads ID rn.

Just can't wait to get back to Charlotte where they don't give a fuck about IDs 😩😩

As far as slim power bricks, would anyone recommend using an aftermarket on your own system? Was thinking about trading mine in today and just ordering a new one off of Amazon, but they go for almost $30 new
I'd stick with first party for buying for yourself AND for flipping. Stay classy San Diego!

What I did to get some Amazon Credit was to seriously just chat the guy up and then when he said swipe ur card, I kind of hid the front of the card so he couldnt see it was a Gamestop Trade Credit Card.

I had no problem earlier today purchasing a visa giftcard, but I did buy PvZ GW2 aswell. Can anyone confirm that Dual-shock 4 controllers still trade in for $44 after bonuses? 

Another store denied me one per platform. This is the one I like too. Some anti theft thing :(
damn good thing I grabed one of each then. Everything went as planned. purchased 4 copies of minecraft story for 52 and traded those in towards doom and got 52 in credit left over that covers the cost of the minecrafts. Also traded in my own copies of JC3, Division and Overwatch to bring that credit up to 180.

Not bad for one transaction, was tempted to rinse and repeat but I just really wanted to get 40 for jc3/division.

Target is essentially hell now. I walked in there with my girlfriend and she almost got raped twice. Dudes were just dressed in drag and hiding in the bike racks and tried to jump her. Bathroom is even worse, they just hang out in there with selfie sticks and try to get vag pics under the stall. fucking insane. Liberals are ruining this country. Donald Trump is our only hope against the LGBT agenda to run our country. He will NOT stand for equal rights so then the rest of us can live peacefully and not in fear for our lives. Global warming is fake BTW.

Target is essentially hell now. I walked in there with my girlfriend and she almost got raped twice. Dudes were just dressed in drag and hiding in the bike racks and tried to jump her. Bathroom is even worse, they just hang out in there with selfie sticks and try to get vag pics under the stall. fucking insane. Liberals are ruining this country. Donald Trump is our only hope against the LGBT agenda to run our country. He will NOT stand for equal rights so then the rest of us can live peacefully and not in fear for our lives. Global warming is fake BTW.
13207377128fd71cd6cf7d4b43f27c91b83672698e0c1ab5df16c71d2f60cde4.jpg

Started in Fort Mill and worked my way to Concord today lmao. fucking insane. I'm at almost $2k.
I just finished my calculations. $675.83 in profit. Not bad for less than 4 hours of driving around, waiting in line, and dealing with Gamestop employees.

Before anyone asks, this includes: the cost of a full tank of gas (even though I only used about half a tank), a 5 for $4 meal deal at Burger King, and a Witcher 3 Blood and Wine Gwent Set preorder.

It does not include: 10 empty cases that I kept, several copies of Just Cause 2 for 360, 50k PUR points, ebay bucks from converting back to BB GC, and other minor benefits/profits.

Hopefully everyone can come out ahead big this weekend.

Started in Fort Mill and worked my way to Concord today lmao. fucking insane. I'm at almost $2k.
And you still got 1 day left! I might try to do some in Wilmington, not sure if they ID but Jacksonville is not that far so I assume they do. Sucks I couldn't make out as much as you, but the beach is nice! I'm only at around $651.75

I just finished my calculations. $675.83 in profit. Not bad for less than 4 hours of driving around, waiting in line, and dealing with Gamestop employees.

Before anyone asks, this includes: the cost of a full tank of gas (even though I only used about half a tank), a 5 for $4 meal deal at Burger King, and a Witcher 3 Blood and Wine Gwent Set preorder.

It does not include: 10 empty cases that I kept, several copies of Just Cause 2 for 360, 50k PUR points, ebay bucks from converting back to BB GC, and other minor benefits/profits.
You mind sharing one of those Just Cause 2 codes for someone who missed out when it was a GWG?

Well...just spent $36 of my winnings on those damn Overwatch Pop Figures -.-

Love how GS doenst give free shipping over a certain amount ($30) jerks

Hopefully everyone can come out ahead big this weekend.
I have $170 in gamestop credit, teach me your ways of flipping sensei.

Jokes on you buddy. I moved to the South from San Francisco and the majority of people here are conservative who don't agree with Targets Transgender/pedophile friendly approach to business. Look at their stock on Wall Street and their shares have tanked and they are missing quarterly sales. There are people nationwide who disagree with their policies who no longer shop there and collectively we are hurting their bottom line.
Jokes on you...you live in the south now lol
Hands off your cousin!

Buy low. Sell high.
Also make sure on midnight releases and bf that you take some of that credit and send the employees at your "go to" some pizza. Amazing how $40 in pizza and subway way goes along way in keeping everything chill.

Did my 2nd shift run with jc3,r6,mine craft story and regular as well as l4d2. Got 3 games to return with gift receipts. $700 in 2 days. Hopefully we get another round tomorrow!

Did one round of shifts yesterday, buying games at one store and trading for doom or uncharted at another, 4 times. But I only did 2 games per trade because I thought it would look funny trading $500 worth of stuff for one $60 game. 

Today I went around and returned all those copies and used the return amounts and overflow credit to buy more games from the boomerang list, took them back to the first gamestop and got a PS4, Doom, and Destiny, and still got $8 back.

Best part was ringing up all the trades and the the ps4 and destiny first, showing that I would have to pay about $100 out of pocket, then add on doom and suddenly I'm getting money back!

Did one round of shifts yesterday, buying games at one store and trading for doom or uncharted at another, 4 times. But I only did 2 games per trade because I thought it would look funny trading $500 worth of stuff for one $60 game.

Today I went around and returned all those copies and used the return amounts and overflow credit to buy more games from the boomerang list, took them back to the first gamestop and got a PS4, Doom, and Destiny, and still got $8 back.

Best part was ringing up all the trades and the the ps4 and destiny first, showing that I would have to pay about $100 out of pocket, then add on doom and suddenly I'm getting money back!
what games were you flipping between gamestops?

On another note; I definitely don't miss having my credit total announced to the whole store, or when a manager tries to frame the trade as " you have all this credit, what else can I get for you today".E3 has been my go to rebuttal..works like a charm.

I am glad I read your comment. I have not been in the trade game for years now but I did it pretty heavy about 3-4 years ago. After seeing the margins on JC3 and the Minecraft I knew I had to get back in. I have been wanting an Elite controller for awhile and this was the perfect chance to get one for cheap.

Got lucky and there was one copy left for each system of Minecraft and I also got a PS4 copy of JC3. Took an old controller and some of my own games I got cheap the last few weeks and my BBY haul in for a total of $344. Got Doom (with a gift receipt) and my controller with $134 back on my card.

It felt good.
I used to flip a lot but been too lazy and busy. I didn't have any credit at any store but I had nothin to do this weekend so I thought to myself, why not look at some trade values? R6Siege, the division, just cause 3, until dawn and minecraft made me pull the trigger. Only Minecraft I had to buy from bestbuy today. I kinda want to get 2 more minecraft but 4got to buy ebay gc to use at BB

Hmm tempted to make another trade run tomorrow but will have to look at making another account. My buddy has been letting me use his in return i have let him keep the points as he is in a market for a new controller but i know i almost hit the trade threshold. 

My only problem is the 100th running of the indy 500 is tomorrow and they are expecting 500,000 people at the track,so traffic is going to be hell.

Has anyone encountered games not showing up when they scan or insert the dpci in the Target price matching app.  None of the games came up which included Minecraft, JC3, Just Dance 16, and STate of Decay.   Employee had no sympathy and insisted they can't price match items that won't show in their app and that he was not surprised when I questioned the odds of none of them working being just video games and how I've never had issues with it before.  Super frustrating especially dealing with employees who don't take accountability for anything and aren't willing to put effort into finding a solution, not to mention Target's pm policy/procedure is a joke.

22O4ugQ.jpg

87njbHF.jpg

I was checking off the games as I was buying them on eBay. After buying all of them, I have a little over $50 left on the card.

If you are buying BB GC Ebay with Paypal i would not do large amounts. I think if you purchase over $200 it starts asking you to verify your account. Paypal has changed things in the last couple of months in regards to buying gift cards and limits.  I usually grab BB GC when Ebay buck promos are going on.  Plus like other people have posted there is a rolling 30 day limit.

I ended up buying $87 worth of games, including tax, at Best Buy and trading them and a game I already had in for $148 at GameStop after I return Uncharted 4.

Unfortunately, my local store doesn't sell eBay gift cards, but I cashed out $50 worth of Amazon gift cards, renewed my PUR membership, and will go back for $75 more in Amazon gift cards when I return Uncharted 4 next weekend.

Basically making $61 plus whatever points I get from BB and GS, which is okay I guess, but it's nothing compared to the rest of you guys on here, haha. Just wish my local BB had more games in stock, but I'll take my small profit, lol.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back