GameStop Trade & Promos XXVII: Values available on the website and on Android/iOS app.

Status
Not open for further replies.

JP

CAG Veteran
Feedback
181 (100%)
WELCOME TO THE NEW GAMESTOP TRADE-IN THREAD.

The new thread format will be a work in progress but this first post will be the promos that are active and useful information, but also wikified. The second post will currently be frequently asked questions but may move it into the first post. Post three will be historical trade-in values from before the list.

Trade-in Values Available at: http://www.gamestop.com/trade

Also on GameStop app on iOS and Android

Upcoming Promotions/Information:

From GameStop employees on CAG:

GameStop.com Information (will post it when they update it)

Guaranteed $30/$40 on select games (Varying End Dates)

GameStop.com said:

Last edited by a moderator:
Just made a return of uncharted 4 but the employee said I might receive an email regarding this return and have the trade credit adjusted.. :/ hmm I didn't make a bunch from this. Actually the bonus itself for the trade was as much as 60.
He was giving you some bs. You won't get an email.

Just made a return of uncharted 4 but the employee said I might receive an email regarding this return and have the trade credit adjusted.. :/ hmm I didn't make a bunch from this. Actually the bonus itself for the trade was as much as 60.
how do they adjust the value of the card lol...

Yeah, what are they going to start doing, send an invoice to repay? I would have asked what policy are you breaking and have they heard of the BBB.

Do any Gamestops in your area open up new games when you return them? Only one store in my area does it.
This has happened to me once, but it was years ago. I was returning Spider-man for the 3ds. I had just purchased it the day before and I had my original receipt. He rips it open like he was about to unfold some conspiracy lol

This has happened to me once, but it was years ago. I was returning Spider-man for the 3ds. I had just purchased it the day before and I had my original receipt. He rips it open like he was about to unfold some conspiracy lol
Happened to me earlier this week in a less than stellar part of town. This was the same place that gave me cash back after opening the game. Must be a lot of shady dealings in this part of town.

Still have $40 from the cash back and am considering spending it on some Salt Pepper wings , some beer and binge Overwatch since the family went to a baseball game (can't stand the sport lol)

Why exactly would that warrant burning someone on a survey?
Because they were flat out lying. If the employee isn't 100% sure of such a bogus thing, they should not say anything at all. Spreading misinformation is wrong and not good for the company. It also discourages the customer from going back to that store once they realize they've been lied to.

So can I use one of the Power Up Rewards $5 off pre-owned coupon towards a used Amiibo or used Infinity figure?
You should be able to. They say "any preowned item". However it's not worth using them on the b2g3 figures because it'll apply to one of the figures that becomes free thus negating the value of the coupon.

Because they were flat out lying. If the employee isn't 100% sure of such a bogus thing, they should not say anything at all. Spreading misinformation is wrong and not good for the company. It also discourages the customer from going back to that store once they realize they've been lied to.
Is it also flat out lying to abuse the system by getting a trade bump while 100% planning on returning said game? Nothing against anyone here and I'm definitely not taking any high road, but its amazing how you can even consider burning someone on a survey because your trick didn't go as smoothly as you planned it. I do agree with you though that employees shouldn't be lying to customers. At least you guys better hope he was lying lol

Picked up this thing for $.97 earlier this week when I went to buy a used copy of Overwatch. Felt like such a dork walking out of the mall with this in my hand

kylorentin.jpg

Is it also flat out lying to abuse the system by getting a trade bump while 100% planning on returning said game? Nothing against anyone here and I'm definitely not taking any high road, but its amazing how you can even consider burning someone on a survey because your trick didn't go as smoothly as you planned it. I do agree with you though that employees shouldn't be lying to customers. At least you guys better hope he was lying lol

Picked up this thing for $.97 earlier this week when I went to buy a used copy of Overwatch. Felt like such a dork walking out of the mall with this in my hand

kylorentin.jpg
Should've got a bag

kylorentin.jpg
I agree 100%. There is a lot of fuck boyz here. If there's a problem, throw down and handle it. fuck a survey pussies lol internet ass thugz.

Lol I'm pretty sure managers and DM wouldn't feel discouraged of getting rid of customers that are simply trying to buy Visas and other gift cards with GS credit.

kylorentin.jpg
The image from that product shot is at a higher resolution than the image on the actual lunch pale...

it actually happened to me when i was returning u4 special edition (the $80 one with arts and steelbook). told the guy i dont want it anymore and he was trying to open the damn thing. i was like wat the fuck are you doing?! he told me that apparently somebody has opened the game, taken the disc out and sealed everything else back, then returned it. i was like, no man, it's all sealed and brand new, i didnt do any of that. eventually, he just did the return and didnt open the game. very weird.

Noob question: I bought a game on eBay with the GC but when I got it, it felt like as if apple juice was spilled all over it so I asked a refund (guy was rude about the refund) and the refund amount should go back to the gift card correct?

it actually happened to me when i was returning u4 special edition (the $80 one with arts and steelbook). told the guy i dont want it anymore and he was trying to open the damn thing. i was like wat the fuck are you doing?! he told me that apparently somebody has opened the game, taken the disc out and sealed everything else back, then returned it. i was like, no man, it's all sealed and brand new, i didnt do any of that. eventually, he just did the return and didnt open the game. very weird.
That's why Nintendo and Sony should do what MS does and put a security sticker on the side.

Staples has $50 GameStop gift cards for $41.

I think it stacks with the $25/$100 Staples Amex offer, so you'd be looking at ~$100 out of pocket for a $150 GS gc.

Had no problems buying ebay gc at a gamestop I'm cool with. I didn't return any game so maybe that's why. I kept getting errors on my phone when checking out bestbuy gc on ebay using my phone but worked fine on desktop

Had no problems returning Uncharted 4 to a GS I never go to.

Probably helped that I legitimately accidentally threw away the receipt the other day, so the guy just looked it up and saw I bought it a week ago.

Had to go to my normal GS to pick up Amazon gift cards though, as this GS apparently doesn't carry them.

Was a little worried I might get denied a return, so I'm glad it worked out.

I was able to buy $50 in Amazon cards - The store was busy, I swiped the GC subtly and didn't go nuts with the amount of Amazon cards so it worked out fine.   

Staples has $50 GameStop gift cards for $41.

I think it stacks with the $25/$100 Staples Amex offer, so you'd be looking at ~$100 out of pocket for a $150 GS gc.
Thanks for the reminder about the Amex offer! It expires soon so I'm sure I would have neglected it until then if not for your post.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back