GameStop Trade & Promos XXVII: Values available on the website and on Android/iOS app.

Status
Not open for further replies.

JP

CAG Veteran
Feedback
181 (100%)
WELCOME TO THE NEW GAMESTOP TRADE-IN THREAD.

The new thread format will be a work in progress but this first post will be the promos that are active and useful information, but also wikified. The second post will currently be frequently asked questions but may move it into the first post. Post three will be historical trade-in values from before the list.

Trade-in Values Available at: http://www.gamestop.com/trade

Also on GameStop app on iOS and Android

Upcoming Promotions/Information:

From GameStop employees on CAG:

GameStop.com Information (will post it when they update it)

Guaranteed $30/$40 on select games (Varying End Dates)

GameStop.com said:

Last edited by a moderator:
Finally brought UC4 back that was bought during the 50% trade in bonus. Decided to just not use a receipt and went back to the same store, they looked it up under my account. The employee was one that decided last time to just do a reprint of my trade/purchases instead of doing a gift receipt for just the game. Was told then that they only do it one time a year (lies). The employee asked me a bunch of questions but in the end just gave me cash back (didn't ask for it, they just did), no issues that I know of yet.... Just took a few minutes. Took the money from one "bad" company and spent it at the worst company (Walmart), so I could continue pooping. Thanks GameStop.

edit - I was also refunded tax when originally the tax wasn't charged for (using trade credit), so I got a little more extra money... 

use your gs credit to buy an eBay gift card at gs. That nets you points on your pur card. From there you wait till eBay has a eBay bucks promotions or paypal digital has a Gamestop buy $60 for $50 promotion and use the eBay gift card. Rinse and repeat. There just are limits on the gift cards bought on eBay so don't be greedy and get yourself banned. And then come back here asking what to do about it.
I must have gotten ripped off then because the gamestop lady said she scanned my new card as I can start gaining points immediately (but needed to go online with it to start claiming rewards) but when I bought my 420 ebay give card with the gamestop gift cards I only saw 300 points on my PUR card at home.

I must have gotten ripped off then because the gamestop lady said she scanned my new card as I can start gaining points immediately (but needed to go online with it to start claiming rewards) but when I bought my 420 ebay give card with the gamestop gift cards I only saw 300 points on my PUR card at home.
Points take a day or two to show up. Also, if the points don't show up take the L on this one, don't draw attention to what you're doing at GS.

Points take a day or two to show up. Also, even if the points don't show up take the L on this one, don't draw attention to what you're doing at GS.
Oh man, I just checked and I went from 300 points to 8970. Thank you!! And you're probably right. Even if i missed out this time, it's probably wise not to get too greedy and let sleeping dogs lie.

Hey guys haven't been around for a while. Just read the last few pages. Are we sering the end of the gift card Era or just a few certain ones like the amazon $50 not working?

Hey guys haven't been around for a while. Just read the last few pages. Are we sering the end of the gift card Era or just a few certain ones like the amazon $50 not working?
It's just the Amazon $50 that won't ring up. I'd say it's getting a little harder based on where you are, but still very doable. I'm not worried about not being able to cash out my GS credit.

It's just the Amazon $50 that won't ring up. I'd say it's getting a little harder based on where you are, but still very doable. I'm not worried about not being able to cash out my GS credit.
Cool thanks for quick reply I'm gonna go get a couple $25 cards today but not use all my credit

I wonder how much GS is paying for all these "GS Exclusive CEs?"

And I wonder how many more preorders they get from them in their desperate quest to stay relevant.

PS4 consoles are trading in for $275 this week with PUR Coupon toward the purchase of a PS4.  Not bad value.  Especially if you're in the market for the Uncharted 4 Console from the Target deal.

Hit a weird snag this weekend.  My wife and I both have a PUR account, and we use hers to trade in ac adapters periodically.  Went in this weekend to trade in 4 XB1 adapters and got a trade limit reached message.  The store manager called their support line and was told that I had hit a 6 month limit for too many of a specific item, but she filled out a form to have it removed.  Without the form we would have had to wait 90 days for her account to be able to trade anything at all.  Both the phone rep and the manager said that this was not a "trade ban" since the message was differently worded.  Anyone else have a similar experience?

Damn I knew I should've gotten rid of my XB1 during the $250 trade promotion.

I'm guessing GS will do a $150-200 trade in promotion towards a preorder of the new Xbox One S soon...

and it said starting at $299, so $200 might even be pushing it.
Probably.

A special, limited edition launch edition of the Xbox One S will be available in early August with a 2TB hard drive for $399. Two standard versions will be available soon after: a 500GB edition for $299, and 1TB for $349.

Probably.

A special, limited edition launch edition of the Xbox One S will be available in early August with a 2TB hard drive for $399. Two standard versions will be available soon after: a 500GB edition for $299, and 1TB for $349.
hopefully if they do a trade in promo, it applies to the 500gb version, not a fan of paying $100 for 1.5tb

More State of Decay
Gamestop got rid of all ebay and amazon cards around here. At first, I thought there was some heavy credit moverz in town lol but it's almost like they vanished. They're fully stocked with fast food gift cards but that's a pass for me.

I need to find games to trade to Best Buy to cash out

Gamestop got rid of all ebay and amazon cards around here. At first, I thought there was some heavy credit moverz in town lol but it's almost like they vanished. They're fully stocked with fast food gift cards but that's a pass for me.

MY BB to GS comparison hasn't finished yet but GTA V is a good mover. You will lose a few bucks though.

I can send you some ebay cards. Then take it in store and have them scan it. It's still in the system. Hahaha

Just checked the stock locator for both the 25 and 50$ Kindle Cards and it says no stores in 100 miles have them, I guess that means they have been pulled in my area?

When I checked last week they still showed up at all the stores here.

Stealth trade in boost plus 50% Extra Credit....good times.
That would be nice lol.

I wonder if they will have a promo for the new XB1 S as well when that time rolls around. I kind of don't want to get rid of my white one but then I'll be getting another white one with a bigger HD lol.

With the coupon of an extra 100 trade on a ps4 towards a ps4, interested in buying then returning, anyone have trouble doing this?
As long as it gives you a TIV of $275, you should be fine. I would worry if it was a coupon that discounts the ps4 $100. I think Best Buy had some trade in promos like that

thanks for the input, going to do the trade tomorrow then hold onto it for a few days, before returning to reserve the new slim xbone, too bad my gamestop region put a stop on allowing trade credit for amazon cards

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back