GameStop Trade & Promos XXVII: Values available on the website and on Android/iOS app.

Status
Not open for further replies.

JP

CAG Veteran
Feedback
181 (100%)
WELCOME TO THE NEW GAMESTOP TRADE-IN THREAD.

The new thread format will be a work in progress but this first post will be the promos that are active and useful information, but also wikified. The second post will currently be frequently asked questions but may move it into the first post. Post three will be historical trade-in values from before the list.

Trade-in Values Available at: http://www.gamestop.com/trade

Also on GameStop app on iOS and Android

Upcoming Promotions/Information:

From GameStop employees on CAG:

GameStop.com Information (will post it when they update it)

Guaranteed $30/$40 on select games (Varying End Dates)

GameStop.com said:

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi guys, I got an ebay gift card and I am trying to buy a best buy gift card via paypal digital gifts (in ebay) and I am getting shot down.  I input the ebay code and then I log into Paypal and I get "cannot use this form of payment".  Any advice?  First time trying to do this.

Thanks

Not sure why you all are bitching, haven't been into gs yet to check just relaying information if you don't like it feel free to fuck off,
I'll tell you what, why don't you walk into a GS and grab something inexpensive like a Funko Pop. Also grab yourself a couple $25 kindle cards and have it all rung up at once. Pay for it with trade credit, go back the next day or hell, 20 minutes later, and return the Funko Pop. See how it goes for you, is that helpful enough?

I'll tell you what, why don't you walk into a GS and grab something inexpensive like a Funko Pop. Also grab yourself a couple $25 kindle cards and have it all rung up at once. Pay for it with trade credit, go back the next day or hell, 20 minutes later, and return the Funko Pop. See how it goes for you, is that helpful enough?
Why don't you relax people online insult each other all the time. It is sometimes better not to respond else you look crazy or worse. Is there any way to easily transfer credit so someone in a easier state can do the gift card purchases. My stores do not seem to care. I don't have good enough feedback to be trusted though.

Why don't you relax people online insult each other all the time. It is sometimes better not to respond else you look crazy or worse. Is there any way to easily transfer credit so someone in a easier state can do the gift card purchases. My stores do not seem to care. I don't have good enough feedback to be trusted though.
What kind of giftcards aremail you wanting to get?

Hit a weird snag this weekend. My wife and I both have a PUR account, and we use hers to trade in ac adapters periodically. Went in this weekend to trade in 4 XB1 adapters and got a trade limit reached message. The store manager called their support line and was told that I had hit a 6 month limit for too many of a specific item, but she filled out a form to have it removed. Without the form we would have had to wait 90 days for her account to be able to trade anything at all. Both the phone rep and the manager said that this was not a "trade ban" since the message was differently worded. Anyone else have a similar experience?
Same here, only no one mentioned a form to have it lifted.

anyone know if they are going to do an upgrade promo for the xbox one s, like they did with the 360 slim?
Probably. One currently trades for $100, so in hoping for $150 or at worst $125.

Remember only the $399 2TB version will be out in August, with the $299 500G out later (and you know Ms will wait until Black Friday)

Time for credit rolling

PVuRdeR.jpg

if you cant find ebay cards, use your smart phone and go to gsdigital.me at the store.

i can write out the detailed steps but fuck handholding. RTFM

does the barcode show up on the screen for the employee to see what you are buying? id like to sneak in ebay bucks on places that do not allow the purchase to go through

Just got an email saying you get a $50 gift card with purchase of any Xbox one starting tomorrow. The elite is $350 so not too bad if you dont mind the bigger Xbox one.

Also, I just checked the app and the 20% coupon disappeared from my active offers. It was supposed to expire in July. Anyone else have their coupon disappear too?

used the active offer for the plus ps4 credit on a new ps4, going to return it in a few days and hopefully don't run into any junior detectives, I traded in some other stuff so the trade bonus is less noticeable on the receipt.

Ugh I tried to buy a gamestop ecard with my ebay credit but it required me to sign into paypal within checkout and I got a You can't access paypal on this server error.  I'm on my home desktop for pete sakes... all browsers were effected.  I missed out on 6% ebates.

Just something that was told to me by my local GS store manager today, that in a few weeks they supposedly are going to treat ebay, steam, and Southwest Airline gc like Visa cards (cash and debit only). Don't know if it's true but he said it had something to do with a meeting they had with loss prevention.

Just something that was told to me by my local GS store manager today, that in a few weeks they supposedly are going to treat ebay, steam, and Southwest Airline gc like Visa cards (cash and debit only). Don't know if it's true but he said it had something to do with a meeting they had with loss prevention.
That would suck if they did that (kinda wondering why steam though am I missing something there).

Guess its time to buy more eBay cards before that happens so I can cash out on most of my GS credits.

On a related note, I read on Reddit that the Steam summer sale starts on June 23rd.

I don't know how close you are with the manager, but can you ask if it'll be a policy thing or a system blocking thing?

(Pre-owned) Mirror's Edge Catalyst is $33.29 with PRO. If you finish it quickly, you don't like it, or you just want to move some credit, it trades in for $33 with GCU

50_03.jpg

50_07.jpg

*50% Extra Credit: Offer valid for game and accessory trades only. Trades must be in full working condition to receive full value. Defective items may be eligible for trade at a lesser value. Trades subject to manager approval. Cannot be combined with any other offer. See store associate for details. No dealers. Offer valid in the United States and Guam only. Void where prohibited. GameStop, Inc. reserves the right to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the offer for any reason without notice.                  

From the Weekly Ad email.

EDIT: the "view eligible titles" link just leads to the trade page when clicked from the email.

I can confirm this. This is coming from the same manager that informed me about the ebay/visa cards not being allowed to be purchased by credit as well as giving me the heads up on amazon cards dissappearing from the wild. That being said, I cashed out a couple hundred on shell cards just to be safe. Will go back again tonight and purchase some more

50_03.jpg

50_07.jpg

*50% Extra Credit: Offer valid for game and accessory trades only. Trades must be in full working condition to receive full value. Defective items may be eligible for trade at a lesser value. Trades subject to manager approval. Cannot be combined with any other offer. See store associate for details. No dealers. Offer valid in the United States and Guam only. Void where prohibited. GameStop, Inc. reserves the right to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the offer for any reason without notice.

From the Weekly Ad email.

EDIT: the "view eligible titles" link just leads to the trade page when clicked from the email.
If true WWE 2K16 :ps3: is a boomerang.

I can confirm this. This is coming from the same manager that informed me about the ebay/visa cards not being allowed to be purchased by credit as well as giving me the heads up on amazon cards dissappearing from the wild. That being said, I cashed out a couple hundred on shell cards just to be safe. Will go back again tonight and purchase some more
Both instances where the manager informed you of something have not fully happened. You can still buy eBay cards with credit and there are still Amazon $25 cards.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back