GameStop Trade & Promos XXVII: Values available on the website and on Android/iOS app.

Status
Not open for further replies.

JP

CAG Veteran
Feedback
181 (100%)
WELCOME TO THE NEW GAMESTOP TRADE-IN THREAD.

The new thread format will be a work in progress but this first post will be the promos that are active and useful information, but also wikified. The second post will currently be frequently asked questions but may move it into the first post. Post three will be historical trade-in values from before the list.

Trade-in Values Available at: http://www.gamestop.com/trade

Also on GameStop app on iOS and Android

Upcoming Promotions/Information:

From GameStop employees on CAG:

GameStop.com Information (will post it when they update it)

Guaranteed $30/$40 on select games (Varying End Dates)

GameStop.com said:

Last edited by a moderator:
Both instances where the manager informed you of something have not fully happened. You can still buy eBay cards with credit and there are still Amazon $25 cards.
Sorry. Meant to say that amazon cards are being taken away. No store within 100 miles of socal shows any on my end.
And regarding ebay/visa, employees were taught to not allow transactions to go through but obvious ymmv. Maybe a regional thing but thought I'd pass the message along

Sorry. Meant to say that amazon cards are being taken away. No store within 100 miles of socal shows any on my end.
And regarding ebay/visa, employees were taught to not allow transactions to go through but obvious ymmv. Maybe a regional thing but thought I'd pass the message along
The "not showing stock" is not an accurate indicator. Most stores don't appear to count them in inventory. I only show 3 stores within 100 miles having them, even though I've seen them in the past week in every store around me.

When I say he wasn't clear he actually said Sunday but he was on his way to lunch and Im not sure if he was trying to get out of gs as he was starving and just threw that out there or if it's correct.

Called another store and asked and that's what they said. I'm not at my main store but I'll call them in a bit to confirm. The trade in has been like this for months
They likely looked up the XBO PSU value.

It says starting 6/17 on the top of the image posted....
Nice catch! They changed it since I got the email.

Wow 6/17, how did we miss that? Doh
We didn't. They changed the image since I originally linked it.

I'm like the witch from Hansel and Gretel so I don't mind. They take the AC adapters for 360 third party. Sometimes I have to argue with the employee when I bring in 3 at a time but when I bring 1 at a time it's usually no issues.

Yeah I have some 360 ones coming in but I'm curious about the XBONE ones since I have some leftover ebay credits from the last flip-bonanza

Yeah, 3rd party bricks are an asshole move. I had one a few years ago and it smoked like crazy. Scared the shit out of me.

but wtf is that eligible titles about? when i clicked it, it just gives me the trade in page instead of a list for 50% bonus

hmmm got a controller that's starting to go, told myself I'd wait till next 50% promo but now thinking I might need it to trade in with my xbone if they do a promo trading up towards the xbone slim. 

Really got no games to get rid of but hopefully there will be a few good flips to get some credit towards that slim. 

In my experience it's about 50-50 if they are tested. When they test they just plug em in and see if the 'power' light comes on.
The guys at my store never test my stuff. They just look at me and say "This works, right?" I noticed that they are usually testing systems, etc. when I go, so asked him how come he never checks my stuff one day. He said because he trusts me because I take amazing care of my games (granted, most games I trade have never been opened, of course).

With that in mind, can anyone recommend a replacement 360 s adapter? I didn't realize before I traded mine in that it was a fire hazard to grab a 3rd party one. Any reputable way to get one for under $30?

The guys at my store never test my stuff. They just look at me and say "This works, right?" I noticed that they are usually testing systems, etc. when I go, so asked him how come he never checks my stuff one day. He said because he trusts me because I take amazing care of my games (granted, most games I trade have never been opened, of course).

With that in mind, can anyone recommend a replacement 360 s adapter? I didn't realize before I traded mine in that it was a fire hazard to grab a 3rd party one. Any reputable way to get one for under $30?

Your plan obviously backfired.

So it may be a stupid question, but could trade-in promotions stack? I know flat value ones don't, but say with the 50% bonus on everything and the 20% bonus toward vive?

Anyone ever renew their PUR online? Do you know how many days till you got your B2G1?

Edit:
That's silly, I'm getting charge tax when I try renewing online. 

IIRC, ebay should have official used ones for under $20

Anyone ever renew their PUR online? Do you know how many days till you got your B2G1?

Edit:
I know it doesn't answer your question but whenever I renew, I do it in-store and with any employee that I like since it boosts their numbers.

Edit:
You might be better off renewing in-store anyway, per my experience. I recently renewed my PUR online and got the points for renewing and the B2G1 (which takes at least 2 days till you get it). I went to one of my usual stores to trade a game and pick up an Xbox 360 Media/DVD remote.

The manager scanned my PUR but it didn't add the 10% bonus for the trade-in. I asked him why that was and he said it showed my PUR had expired. I know that's not right because it was going to expire on the 17th of this month and I renewed it on the 4th. I told him that I recently renewed and he asked at which store. I told him that I had renewed it online, so he told me to call the number on the back of the card.

Thankfully I've known him for a while so he said he believed me and manually adjusted the 10% for the trade-in and the 10% off for the remote. He's a chill guy so I'm not trying to get him into any trouble. Still gotta call GS about it, not looking forward to it. Oh well...

/rant

You might be better off renewing in-store anyway, per my experience. I recently renewed my PUR online and got the points for renewing and the B2G1 (which takes at least 2 days till you get it). I went to one of my usual stores to trade a game and pick up an Xbox 360 Media/DVD remote.

/rant
That's what I'm worried about given the online thing is new. I'll just renew in-store when I get a chance. Thanks for everyone's input.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back