GameStop Trade & Promos XXVII: Values available on the website and on Android/iOS app.

Status
Not open for further replies.

JP

CAG Veteran
Feedback
181 (100%)
WELCOME TO THE NEW GAMESTOP TRADE-IN THREAD.

The new thread format will be a work in progress but this first post will be the promos that are active and useful information, but also wikified. The second post will currently be frequently asked questions but may move it into the first post. Post three will be historical trade-in values from before the list.

Trade-in Values Available at: http://www.gamestop.com/trade

Also on GameStop app on iOS and Android

Upcoming Promotions/Information:

From GameStop employees on CAG:

GameStop.com Information (will post it when they update it)

Guaranteed $30/$40 on select games (Varying End Dates)

GameStop.com said:

Last edited by a moderator:
I think Gamestop is gonna be crossed off my list pretty soon. No access to Amazon cards and also possibility of credit getting redacted from trade-in promotions make it not as enticing as it used to be. I got "warned" about the possibility of getting the promotion credit taken out from my ps4 trade-in if I decide to return the console.
Bullshit they cannot legally do that.

Bullshit they cannot legally do that.
I don't see how that is illegal? Not to defend them but technically they are offering promotional store credit for buying a specific item. That's the agreement. So if we, the consumer, decided to return said item that activated the promo credit then they can in fact take back their promotional credit since we renege our end of the agreement. I'm not saying they currently are but if they decided to enforce that they are technically well within their right.

I don't see how that is illegal? Not to defend them but technically they are offering promotional store credit for buying a specific item. That's the agreement. So if we, the consumer, decided to return said item that activated the promo credit then they can in fact take back their promotional credit since we renege our end of the agreement. I'm not saying they currently are but if they decided to enforce that they are technically well within their right.
You a signing a legal form saying you are selling them your item for a said amount of credit. Your promo agreement ends once you purchase the console.

Yeah they can't take value back after the fact. You agreed to sell the item to th for that value.

The worst thing they can do is adjust the return amount or refuse to accept a return. Those are not affecting the original agreement in the tradem

I got a B2G1 Preowned Products Coupon for starting a new PUR Pro Account, and it says "Consumer electronics" are excluded.

Since this is how they used to refer to tablets and phones, does anyone think this might work on used game systems?

Has anyone here ever got a PUR B2G1 renewal coupon to work on game systems?

Could someone tell me what all is needed for trading in a PS4? I am pretty sure I dont have the wired headset that came with the system anywhere, or the original HDMI although I do have hdmi cables. Also do not have the original USB charging cable but have others, what all do I need to include?

was trying to balance the checkbook then i found out i was 1 receipt short of the trade-ins. And I remember a guy actually threw that receipt out when i was returning Uncharted 4. Can I ask them to reprint the receipt? I actually know when the transaction happened at which counter, because I was returning DOOM right before trading more games in. 

I got $44 for my DS4. The $10 coupon definitely did not work (as expected). I also nabbed a Kung Fu Panda from Redbox for $8.99 and got $12.80 for that. I'm not sure it was worth it as I forgot about the ring sticker on Redbox games. I spent 10 minutes cleaning that off and even stopped back home to get a case (so it wouldn't be so obvious it was disc-only). I didn't really do a great job getting the sticker off and some of the label came off as well (but just near the center where it doesn't matter). Luckily the GS clerk didn't care about it.

While I was at dinner afterwards I looked up what locations had the Uncharted Collection and nabbed one of those on the way home. I'll try to clean that more carefully tonight. But if I get stuck with that I don't mind just keeping it. If I do trade it I'll probably pick up another to keep. But running around to these Redboxes gave me a little of that old school Blockbuster used game sale vibe. It was like old times.

I wish I knew about the Zelda Twilight Princess sale at Best Buy. Right now it is not available in any local stores until tomorrow at which point I assume the sale is over. Very sneaky Best Buy - I've never seen them do that before (say that it will be available tomorrow but I can't order it at the sale price now).
I guess it could be ymmv but neither of the two gamestops i traded in to cared that the games had the redbox sticker on it. Didn't even ask me about it.

Could someone tell me what all is needed for trading in a PS4? I am pretty sure I dont have the wired headset that came with the system anywhere, or the original HDMI although I do have hdmi cables. Also do not have the original USB charging cable but have others, what all do I need to include?
system, controller, hdmi, and charge cables. hdmi and charge cables can be non original.

Not sure how this happened since I didn't mix any payments (All trade credit and I don't get taxed on trade credit), but when I went to exchange my PS4 for an elite XB1 and the gift card, the system was saying they owed me like $4.51 or something like that. She just zeroed it out to make it an even exchange but we were both confused.
Happened to me as well. It was $3 for me and that is the tax on a $50 gift card that was somehow deducted from the Xbox purchase. So I got $3 cash, a $50 gift card and the Xbox 1 elite for $349.

Would it be worth trading in my white PS4 (original Destiny edition) toward the Uncharted special edition PS4? The coupon would bring trade in total to $300 for my current PS4.

Can the console trade coupons be used more than once? I used mine yesterday to trade my Xbox one in towards a ps4 and the coupon still shows in my account. I wouldn't mind going today and trading in my current ps4 towards the uncharted bundle if it will work again.

No more Amazon + a PS3 to PS4 trade-up coupon means it may be time to buy a PS4 again.

Or maybe just buy a PS4 with a gift receipt and have my fiance return it later this week and bank the credit... decisions decisions...

But running around to these Redboxes gave me a little of that old school Blockbuster used game sale vibe. It was like old times.
Which, incidentally enough, is the last time I did all this flipping. The minecraft weekend a few weekends back got me back in to the game. I took my fiancé on one run to show her how this all works and gave her a history lesson of the "perfect storm" with blockbuster, best buy, gamestop, etc. So many good B2G1 deals during that time. I had to find my trade excel spreadsheet in a backup somewhere and saw the last update was in 2012, right before I started medical school lol. I knew I had seen your name more active in this line of business back in that day.

Damn I have been out of the trade-in game for a while and I am totally lost. Redbox? WTF!? Can anyone summarize all this for me?
Some redbox locations have an option to buy previous rental games right from the machine. Check their website to see which locations sell games --not every one does. Only some titles are for sale, and few machines still have certain desirable titles. The games are former rentals, so just as you might have bad luck and go to rent a game with a photocopy of the disc in it, you might buy a game with a photocopy of the disc, or a game that's scratched or snapped in half (some people are animals). Supposedly redbox is good at resolving these sorts of issues for folks.

Anyway, you peel the stickers and trade the game in to GameStop without a case. Most employees won't try to ding you with a port condition fee (or whatever they call it).

In store I saw someone try to use the 20% off coupon that everyone randomly got but was pulled. He had it as a screenshot but it did not work. So don't count on it if you still have the screenshot.

So let me get this straight before I make a trip to Gamestop for a xbox one,There's a 50% bonus trade in going on? And ps4 worth 300 hundred in trade in credit?

Sent from my SM-N920T using Tapatalk

So let me get this straight before I make a trip to Gamestop for a xbox one,There's a 50% bonus trade in going on? And ps4 worth 300 hundred in trade in credit?

Sent from my SM-N920T using Tapatalk
Extra 50% is on games and accessories, not systems, and yes based on the value on the website a PS4 will get 200+100 (w/coupon) in trade value if put toward a new PS4.

Does anyone know if the use of BB gift cards contribute to elite/plus status and gain credit for addl reward certificates or is it only applicable with cash? I do have some ebay credit that I'm considering moving to BB via paypal digital gifts for this matter.

Also, what about using BB reward certificates? Does the use of these also contibute towards elite/plus and gain credit for addl reward certificates as well?

I'm considering flipping some stuff from BB to GS later today but I'm trying to see which is the best strategy for me to boost up my status to elite/plus. Any advice is greatly appreciated!

Does anyone know if the use of BB gift cards contribute to elite/plus status and gain credit for addl reward certificates or is it only applicable with cash? I do have some ebay credit that I'm considering moving to BB via paypal digital gifts for this matter.
Also, what about using BB reward certificates? Does the use of these also contibute towards elite/plus and gain credit for addl reward certificates as well? Thanks in advance!
I'm not sure about qualifying towards elite/plus status since I'm already there but gift cards and reward certificates definitely don't bank you any rewards points so I would assume it probably doesn't accumulate for elite/plus either.

Also, what about using BB reward certificates? Does the use of these also contibute towards elite/plus and gain credit for addl reward certificates as well? Thanks in advance!
Purchases paid with gift cards or reward certificates do not count towards elite status. Trading stuff in, buying stuff with money, and using a best buy credit card (doesn't even have to be purchases at BB) all help build towards elite/plus status

I'm not sure about qualifying towards elite/plus status since I'm already there but gift cards and reward certificates definitely don't bank you any rewards points so I would assume it probably doesn't accumulate for elite/plus either.
Purchases paid with gift cards or reward certificates do not count towards elite status. Trading stuff in, buying stuff with money, and using a best buy credit card (doesn't even have to be purchases at BB) all help build towards elite/plus status
Thanks u guays!

Extra 50% is on games and accessories, not systems, and yes based on the value on the website a PS4 will get 200+100 (w/coupon) in trade value if put toward a new PS4.
That is the highest TIV I have seen for a PS4, to bad I traded in my system when they were giving $200 cash. If people wanted to return their system without getting hassled for the promo bonus, could they just ask for a gift receipt and then return the system?

That is the highest TIV I have seen for a PS4, to bad I traded in my system when they were giving $200 cash. If people wanted to return their system without getting hassled for the promo bonus, could they just ask for a gift receipt and then return the system?
As far as I know yes, this would be the best strategy to keep suspicion at the lowest, right?

I'm very lost. How do you guys know that Amazon cards are gone? I know the $50 ones don't work anymore, but do the $25 ones not work anymore either? 

I bought some on Tuesday and they were completely different. I had to ask an employee to track them down. They opened a new package from a recent delivery. The new Kindle Cards were $25, they were white and light blue. The cards were in really nice new gift packaging that felt better than strong card stock paper. I'd bet they are a new sku. I probably threw them away, but I will see if I can find them and include a picture here. Are these new blue and white kindle cards dead as well?

I forgot to check this thread. I'm bummed I missed the Twilight Princess fun. I have my own copy right here that I could trade, but I'm not sure I want to trade it in if I can't buy it back on sale again.

Edit: I dug the packaging out of the trash. Can anyone confirm that this card is dead at GS too? I will try to buy more this week.

GHSniFj.jpg

I guess it could be ymmv but neither of the two gamestops i traded in to cared that the games had the redbox sticker on it. Didn't even ask me about it.
This has been my experience as well. Mine don't care. I've had one guy look at them sideways before, and I just mentioned that other stores took them without issue, and he was fine with it.

Its too bad PS4 doesn't support external hard drives, I'd pay the ~$85 to go from my 9 month old PS4 to a Uncharted 4 PS4 if it did, but it'll take me 2-3 hours to dump all my saves and games to an external hard drive, then another 3-4 hours to restore it, and it requires a lot of button clicking (you have to dump each save game individually, can't do "select all") and with PS 4K probably coming out this fall I just don't see the point.

Its a bummer the 20% birthday coupons all vanished and apparently don't work anymore, but kinda funny too that I honestly can't think of a game I'd use it on.  Only games out that I don't have right now are Dark Souls 3, Doom 3 and Mirror's Edge and I don't really feel like playing any of them.

I'm very lost. How do you guys know that Amazon cards are gone? I know the $50 ones don't work anymore, but do the $25 ones not work anymore either?

I bought some on Tuesday and they were completely different. I had to ask an employee to track them down. They opened a new package from a recent delivery. The new Kindle Cards were $25, they were white and light blue. The cards were in really nice new gift packaging that felt better than strong card stock paper. I'd bet they are a new sku. I probably threw them away, but I will see if I can find them and include a picture here. Are these new blue and white kindle cards dead as well?

I forgot to check this thread. I'm bummed I missed the Twilight Princess fun. I have my own copy right here that I could trade, but I'm not sure I want to trade it in if I can't buy it back on sale again.

Edit: I dug the packaging out of the trash. Can anyone confirm that this card is dead at GS too? I will try to buy more this week.

GHSniFj.jpg
I tried this one and the black one yesterday. Neither rang up.

GHSniFj.jpg
I figured that's what was going on. Pulling the 50 then the 25 weeks apart didn't make sense.

I am PRO, I got the extra 10 percent the other day, but the app is telling me i'm "basic"

Therefore I don't have the PS4 coupon, come to think of it I haven't go the magazine either. How do I go about fixing this?

Regarding the ibotta BB offer, it says it excludes gift card purchases. Does this mean buying gift cards or buying with gift cards? I bought over $100 in store yesterday with gift cards and used the QR code but nothing has shown up yet.

Regarding the ibotta BB offer, it says it excludes gift card purchases. Does this mean buying gift cards or buying with gift cards? I bought over $100 in store yesterday with gift cards and used the QR code but nothing has shown up yet.
It excludes buying gift cards. Paying with gift cards is ok. Give It a few days, then you'll get a message it's pending, then a little longer saying it's approved.

Anyone else having problems signing into their paypal account on eBay? Picked up an eBay card today to buy some BB gift cards, but it keeps signing me out everytime I enter my login info.

Anyone else having problems signing into their paypal account on eBay? Picked up an eBay card today to buy some BB gift cards, but it keeps signing me out everytime I enter my login info.
PayPal is preventing you from purchasing. That usually happens when I'm on my phone getting logged out, when I use the desktop it gives me an error code.

Sorry for the small outage on the spreadsheet, I went to update it and noticed some douche was trying to use an exploit to hack my Google account through the spreadsheet. I had to change the security after that. I will get the sheet updated as soon as I can.

EDIT: Here's his Google account name pwcracker2002

Just a quick question: The Xbox One Elite console comes with the $50.00 gift card still right?  On the website it says online only .

I know this %50 trade in promo runs through the 26th on next Saturday... Says so on the website.. But some brilliant employee mentions this weekend only thing as I'm talking to him about whatever etc.

Makes me think i should run back down there with my trades or go on tuesday like I was planning..

Trade in values could down between then but the promo runs till the 26th correct..? Or am I losing it..?

No problem here, bought $25 for the 20% of game cards their having.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back