GameStop Trade & Promos XXVII: Values available on the website and on Android/iOS app.

Status
Not open for further replies.

JP

CAG Veteran
Feedback
181 (100%)
WELCOME TO THE NEW GAMESTOP TRADE-IN THREAD.

The new thread format will be a work in progress but this first post will be the promos that are active and useful information, but also wikified. The second post will currently be frequently asked questions but may move it into the first post. Post three will be historical trade-in values from before the list.

Trade-in Values Available at: http://www.gamestop.com/trade

Also on GameStop app on iOS and Android

Upcoming Promotions/Information:

From GameStop employees on CAG:

GameStop.com Information (will post it when they update it)

Guaranteed $30/$40 on select games (Varying End Dates)

GameStop.com said:

Last edited by a moderator:
Mind=blown at using my trade in credit for an eBay gift card. Waiting on my Best Buy eGift card to come through to grab some eShop credit. Definitely need to get a second round of games from the MS store tomorrow
I'm assuming life has kept you away from the CAG madness? I agree though, who ever first let the community know is MVP

Has GS stopped accepting trade ins for Guitar Hero accessories? I can't find anything under their trade in value section...
GS, until last year, stopped carrying the plastic instruments after Christmas 2010. Was before that they stopped taking instruments in trade, if they ever took them (with the exception of microphones.)

Decided to return the PS4. They actually gave me back $105 that I paid with trade credit back in cash. There's really no games coming out for a few months so I might as well wait it out.

Sorry for the small outage on the spreadsheet, I went to update it and noticed some douche was trying to use an exploit to hack my Google account through the spreadsheet. I had to change the security after that. I will get the sheet updated as soon as I can.

EDIT: Here's his Google account name pwcracker2002
I think you may be mistaken blackbeard. I was not trying to hack your account and I'm not sure where you came up with that at. I'm here to get gamestop deals like the rest of you so I don't appreciate the accusations.

I think you may be mistaken blackbeard. I was not trying to hack your account and I'm not sure where you came up with that at. I'm here to get gamestop deals like the rest of you so I don't appreciate the accusations.
Care to explain what the fuck you were doing? I keep seeing pwcracker2002 pop in and out of the comments every second.

Uh huh...

Care to explain what the fuck you were doing? I keep seeing pwcracker2002 pop in and out of the comments every second.
Yes, please do explain what script you are running on the sheet that blackbeard has been generous enough to setup and maintain for the community. I'd love to see how you explain this.

I can't explain why that's happening on your end but all I did earlier was click on the chat icon to see if maybe people might be chatting about the deals in there. I checked the spreadsheet before I went to work and when I come home I get to read about my hacking skills. I assure you I wasn't trying to hack you. Your spreadsheet is so awesome and I'd never try to ruin the awesomeness for everyone. I'm not sure what scripts your talking about but I'm not sure how I can prove anything.

popcorn-blank.gif

post a video of you riding a motorcycle while watching a pirated copy of blazing saddles and simultaneously posting on fatwallet and we might start to believe you.

4 per platform, rolling 30 days
This might be a bit of a dumb question (I sure as hell know it is) but how exactly does one define a 30 rolling day period? Is it 30 days from the first item traded in? 30 days from the last item traded in? this is assuming I'm trading in duplicates of the exact same copy. Can some one provide an example?

I don't have time to sit here and argue with you guys. I'm a little disappointed that someone mentions my name screen name and accuses me of hacking him in the forum and now I'm some kind of hacker. Does that screen name sound like something I made up recently? I wish GS would have a trade in price bump so you guys would have something better to do that sit here and accuse people of doing stuff they didn't do. 

I don't have time to sit here and argue with you guys. I'm a little disappointed that someone mentions my name screen name and accuses me of hacking him in the forum and now I'm some kind of hacker. Does that screen name sound like something I made up recently? I wish GS would have a trade in price bump so you guys would have something better to do that sit here and accuse people of doing stuff they didn't do.
You're a pirate for sure...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s17XDrKuqc4

The fact is that Blackbeard is a respected member of this community with notable, quantitative contributions that we have all witnessed. You are a lurker with no notable contributions who only came out of the woodwork to defend yourself. Of course the community is going to take blackbeard's side.

Update with that seller with the 360 power adapters (if anyone actually cared about it). Apparently, the seller forgot to mark tracking and it should be here tomorrow.

This might be a bit of a dumb question (I sure as hell know it is) but how exactly does one define a 30 rolling day period? Is it 30 days from the first item traded in? 30 days from the last item traded in? this is assuming I'm trading in duplicates of the exact same copy. Can some one provide an example?
6/1 trades in game AB

6/6 trades in game AB

6/6 trades in game AB at a different store

6/19 trades in game AB.

On 7/2, you can trade in 1 more copy of game AB.

On 7/7 you can trade in 2 more copies of AB.

Etc (Id always err on the side of an additional day when calculating)

Hey, does anyone know if the Microsoft gift cards on eBay (the email ones) work in store? I say something about them earlier but I'm at work and just wanna know if I should buy them. That's in advance!!

Hey, does anyone know if the Microsoft gift cards on eBay (the email ones) work in store? I say something about them earlier but I'm at work and just wanna know if I should buy them. That's in advance!!
I can't confirm but I really don't think so. I think they only work on the Windows store (meaning your PC). I tried finding some to use in the store but I did not feel confident in those are all.

This thread became funny and serious at the same time, with the whole hacking fight.

On forum topic, anyone in Atlanta have any issue with eBay or Amazon cards?

Thank you.

6/1 trades in game AB
6/6 trades in game AB
6/6 trades in game AB at a different store
6/19 trades in game AB.
On 7/2, you can trade in 1 more copy of game AB.
On 7/7 you can trade in 2 more copies of AB.
Etc (Id always err on the side of an additional day when calculating)
Thank you so much Stringy. Its folks like you who help keep this community informed!

So what are people using the eBay cards for? I don't get why those are such a hot thing here. I sell on eBay but rarely ever buy stuff on there. Is there some way to make those more generally useful?

I got another $118 in GS credit from a Nathan Drake Collection from Redbox and some Fred Meyer sale games that someone let me know about at the last minute last night - barely got them before the store closed. They had AC Syndicate for $15 and Rainbow Six Siege for $20 totally unmarked in the store (I had been there earlier and didn't see any sale prices). I turned 2 x AC into $24 each and the Rainbow Six Siege into $27.20. In the olden days I would have bought several of each and hit up multiple GS stores. I only felt like going to one GS. Oh well...

With the 20% discount on new games at Amazon and Best Buy, though, I find I don't often buy stuff at GS any more. So I might use the eBay card thing to move some credit if there is a way to do that without just using it to buy junk on eBay. Are you buying stuff from Best Buy via ebay?

So what are people using the eBay cards for? I don't get why those are such a hot thing here. I sell on eBay but rarely ever buy stuff on there. Is there some way to make those more generally useful?

I got another $118 in GS credit from a Nathan Drake Collection from Redbox and some Fred Meyer sale games that someone let me know about at the last minute last night - barely got them before the store closed. They had AC Syndicate for $15 and Rainbow Six Siege for $20 totally unmarked in the store (I had been there earlier and didn't see any sale prices). I turned 2 x AC into $24 each and the Rainbow Six Siege into $27.20. In the olden days I would have bought several of each and hit up multiple GS stores. I only felt like going to one GS. Oh well...

With the 20% discount on new games at Amazon and Best Buy, though, I find I don't often buy stuff at GS any more. So I might use the eBay card thing to move some credit if there is a way to do that without just using it to buy junk on eBay. Are you buying stuff from Best Buy via ebay?
http://m.ebay.com/itm/Best-Buy-Gift-Card-25-50-100-Email-delivery-/262075905712?nav=SEARCH

Kotor15 said:
Thanks - didn't know they did that. Next time I'm in the area I'll see if my store still has eBay cards. I bought a $50 Steam card to give my son for the upcoming sale. Now I get what someone was saying the other day: buy the eBay card, get the Best Buy card, then get supposedly soon to be on sale Steam card from Best Buy (though they aren't on sale right now). Oh well, I might not make it to Gamestop this week so I'm glad I got one anyway.

Thanks - didn't know they did that. Next time I'm in the area I'll see if my store still has eBay cards. I bought a $50 Steam card to give my son for the upcoming sale. Now I get what someone was saying the other day: buy the eBay card, get the Best Buy card, then get supposedly soon to be on sale Steam card from Best Buy (though they aren't on sale right now). Oh well, I might not make it to Gamestop this week so I'm glad I got one anyway.
Ebay cards are awesome for pretty much anything except Amazon credit. You can go back to GameStop credit if you need to or Best Buy sells eBay cards as well. Even bought a Fandango card on there yesterday when the lady and I went to Finding Dory the other day. I just use them as I go in life at things like restaurants and gas cards. Then I just use the money I "saved" on stuff I actually want.

Actually the game cards (steam included) are on sale at Best Buy this week and ends on June 25th. People also take advantage of the "eBay bucks" promos when eBay runs them which seems to be usually Tuesdays this past couple weeks.

Its pretty awesome though when you think about it because eBay sells GCs for other places (food places / gas as well) and pretty much you can turn your gaming money into another currency (though you can do that instore for certain GCs). I usually always check out this page to find if theres discounted GCs: http://deals.ebay.com/other-deals/gift-cards

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back