GameStop Trade & Promos XXVII: Values available on the website and on Android/iOS app.

Status
Not open for further replies.

JP

CAG Veteran
Feedback
181 (100%)
WELCOME TO THE NEW GAMESTOP TRADE-IN THREAD.

The new thread format will be a work in progress but this first post will be the promos that are active and useful information, but also wikified. The second post will currently be frequently asked questions but may move it into the first post. Post three will be historical trade-in values from before the list.

Trade-in Values Available at: http://www.gamestop.com/trade

Also on GameStop app on iOS and Android

Upcoming Promotions/Information:

From GameStop employees on CAG:

GameStop.com Information (will post it when they update it)

Guaranteed $30/$40 on select games (Varying End Dates)

GameStop.com said:

Last edited by a moderator:
The left bumper popped off on my Lunar White controller a while back and I was wondering if I could trade it in (yes, I know a refurbished fee would get deducted from the trade in)?

CbWrkjFWEAEe_zN.jpg

I got an interesting question. I traded in my Xbox One for a PS4 using that $100 bonus deal. After credit and stuff, I had to pay $78. If I trade in some games to cover the remaining balance. What are the odds that they'll let me do a return/rebuy since I already paid? Would I need to bring the PS4 in? Would they even allow it?

I got an interesting question. I traded in my Xbox One for a PS4 using that $100 bonus deal. After credit and stuff, I had to pay $78. If I trade in some games to cover the remaining balance. What are the odds that they'll let me do a return/rebuy since I already paid? Would I need to bring the PS4 in? Would they even allow it?
I find that debatable. I don't really think that your question was interesting. 2/10

Any other store would allow it. Gamestop won't unless the item is still unopened.

Bought a ebay gift card just a little while ago with no issues, finally purged all my credit from the last 50% bonus. Thanks gamestop for the free monies :D

I had a question, on the site it said there is a force awakens 20% trade in for preorders, does it stack with the 50%? Probably to good to be true. Thanks in advance.

It's not.
A few years ago I dealt with a store manager about getting a price adjustment and even though it was just a game she refused to ring up my return/rebuy since I didn’t have the item on hand. I argued my case that it was all the same since I had my proof of purchase and that should have been sufficient but she stated it was a Loss Prevention rule that they are not allowed to manually enter items into their register unless it is on hand. Guess I got lied to.

A few years ago I dealt with a store manager about getting a price adjustment and even though it was just a game she refused to ring up my return/rebuy since I didn’t have the item on hand. I argued my case that it was all the same since I had my proof of purchase and that should have been sufficient but she stated it was a Loss Prevention rule that they are not allowed to manually enter items into their register unless it is on hand. Guess I got lied to.
Retail employees like to make shit up on the spot

Was it in a sketchy area? She could've thought you just found the receipt and just wanted to get the difference, but that's a stretch.

I was ordering some items online from gamestop.com and I noticed that the handling fee seems to have disappeared. I used the code SAVER for free shipping. No $1.00 handling fee/item was charged. These were not warehouse items either

I was ordering some items online from gamestop.com and I noticed that the handling fee seems to have disappeared. I used the code SAVER for free shipping. No $1.00 handling fee/item was charged. These were not warehouse items either
Yeah, they seem to have removed the fuck fee but jacked up prices again.

Was it in a sketchy area? She could've thought you just found the receipt and just wanted to get the difference, but that's a stretch.
It wasn’t a rich area but I wouldn’t say it was sketchy either. I suppose your theory is possible but it would have been easy to verify if I was the rightful owner of the game by just looking up my PUR info on the receipt and asking for my ID and what not. Maybe at the spur of the moment she resorted to being suspicious and didn’t have enough time to process that in her mind that she could have verified it in other ways. I never pay with cash though so I could have easily provided the original payment method anyway. Just to add to my anecdote, when she argued the LP rule with me the rest of the conversation went:

Me: “Well at Best Buy I never need the item on hand. They just use the receipt to process the return and rebuy. How is this any different?”

Manager: “Well we’re not Best Buy.”

Me: “Obviously.” (followed by an eye roll)

Since I never processed a transaction, I had no receipt to use. In hindsight I wish I could have burned her on a survey if she was really lying to me after all.

The left bumper popped off on my Lunar White controller a while back and I was wondering if I could trade it in (yes, I know a refurbished fee would get deducted from the trade in)?

CbWrkjFWEAEe_zN.jpg
Can it be popped back in? I've popped mine out before when cleaning them and they always pop right back into place.

Can it be popped back in? I've popped mine out before when cleaning them and they always pop right back into place.
I wouldn't try that. I would take it apart and then put it back together with the bumper correctly aligned. It's easy to take the controller apart of you have security bit, and it's easy to peel and replace the warranty sticker (inside the battery compartment) without damaging it, too.

I wouldn't try that. I would take it apart and then put it back together with the bumper correctly aligned. It's easy to take the controller apart of you have security bit, and it's easy to peel and replace the warranty sticker (inside the battery compartment) without damaging it, too.
Xbox one controllers are a pita to take apart and reassemble, especially compared to 360 controllers.

So I traded in some games, picked up a puzzle and an eBay gift card. Use the trade credit and a gift card to pay difference and the manager was planning on reversing it once he realized. He looked at the receipt and I guess it seemed too complicated so he just let me have it :D

So for those who know about ebay bucks. I bought a $3000 item on ebay about a a month and a half ago and it still says payment processing. So I am curious when I will get the ebay bucks from those because I bought other things and those say "youve earned ebay bucks for this item" but not on the $3000 one. Anyone have any idea?

Blackbeard, what happened to the BB tab, it doesn't appear to be working?
Data on the tab was outdated and I have a few bugs in my BB to GS process in my app that I'm trying to sort out. I am currently trying to implement BB new prices ,BB used prices,GS used prices, GS TIV, and BB TIV all in one query but it is proving to be a PITA and currently the debugging process is slow.

Last edited by a moderator:

Xbox one controllers are a pita to take apart and reassemble, especially compared to 360 controllers.
I might just try to repair it then. I've tried to pop the button back in, but I haven't had any luck doing that (and when I hit the left bumper now, the left trigger gets pressed down as well)

Agreed that they're harder than the 360 controller but not pita hard in my opinion. If you're not used to doing this sort of thing, just be careful not to rip your rumble motor wires off the circuit board and you'll be fine :)

So I tried the passport trick today since I hit the trade limit during the last 50% bonus and was still banned. Used different address and phone and no PUR so must've linked with name and dob. Crazy. Anybody else experience this?

So I traded in some games, picked up a puzzle and an eBay gift card. Use the trade credit and a gift card to pay difference and the manager was planning on reversing it once he realized. He looked at the receipt and I guess it seemed too complicated so he just let me have it :D
How does that conversation go? "Well I know you just paid for this but I can't let you leave with your goods that we accepted tender for"? I'm not a lawyer but I"m pretty sure that once a completed sale occurs they can't legally do shit.

How does that conversation go? "Well I know you just paid for this but I can't let you leave with your goods that we accepted tender for"? I'm not a lawyer but I"m pretty sure that once a completed sale occurs they can't legally do shit.
I could probably have demanded it back and try to throw lawyer speak at him but I'm pretty sure that would just result in me being permabanned. I don't see how any rebuttal would have ended well beyond me asking why the system allows it. He just replied it shouldn't have and that the district said to not allow it.

I could probably have demanded it back and try to throw lawyer speak at him but I'm pretty sure that would just result in me being permabanned. I don't see how any rebuttal would have ended well beyond me asking why the system allows it. He just replied it shouldn't have and that the district said to not allow it.
Fair enough, I'm just always curious about how those situations happen.

5 more days and I still need about $150 more ebay. Going to hit up one more redbox this weekend and I hope BB comes through this week.

Fair enough, I'm just always curious about how those situations happen.
I had a Target CS rep do a post-void when I did a PM + Cartwheel and she didn't notice until it was done.

Needless to say, I was a tiny bit pissed about having the items I bought price-adjusted upwards without my approval. I told her where she could go stick her re-ring.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back