GameStop Trade & Promos XXVII: Values available on the website and on Android/iOS app.

Status
Not open for further replies.

JP

CAG Veteran
Feedback
181 (100%)
WELCOME TO THE NEW GAMESTOP TRADE-IN THREAD.

The new thread format will be a work in progress but this first post will be the promos that are active and useful information, but also wikified. The second post will currently be frequently asked questions but may move it into the first post. Post three will be historical trade-in values from before the list.

Trade-in Values Available at: http://www.gamestop.com/trade

Also on GameStop app on iOS and Android

Upcoming Promotions/Information:

From GameStop employees on CAG:

GameStop.com Information (will post it when they update it)

Guaranteed $30/$40 on select games (Varying End Dates)

GameStop.com said:

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm so confused. Website says extra 50% trade in bonus, doesn't specify if it's tied to anything else. Ad says 50% trade in bonus if you put it towards the preorder of a couple of games. Also says 20% trade in bonus if you trade in towards LSWTFA. 

Is the 50% bonus tied to a preorder or not? Any idea on when it ends?

Equipment? Wut? Only reason I can see that is if they only have a monitor to test stuff and they don't have AV ports.
Exactly, which means early Wiis, early run 360s, and early PS3s? will be ineligible to trade since they all didn't have HDMI ports.

They only can test HDMI consoles it seems.

I'm so confused. Website says extra 50% trade in bonus, doesn't specify if it's tied to anything else. Ad says 50% trade in bonus if you put it towards the preorder of a couple of games. Also says 20% trade in bonus if you trade in towards LSWTFA.

Is the 50% bonus tied to a preorder or not? Any idea on when it ends?
Right now, there's a flat 50% bonus on any games/accessories traded in, no preorder/purchase required, that lasts through 6/26. IIRC, the 50% bonus tied to preorders lasts another two days, through 6/28.

Well seriously, fuck Gamestop in MA.

My roommate and I went to trade in a Wii today.

Upon arriving at the store we informed the cashier/clerk we'd be trading a Wii in. Before we even got the system out of the bag, we were informed they'd have to mark the console as defective. Asking as to what was going on, the Manager clarified that they didn't have the equipment necessary to test the Wii console. They just mark any consoles that come in as defective and send them to corporate.

Because they don't have the equipment, they are just marking the consoles that come in as defective and awarding less than half their projected trade in value according to their site/app. We did not make the trade, but felt this was a major inconvenience. It also makes no sense that they have no way to test the console if they are still accepting it for trade ins.

Needless to say, I'm rather annoyed.
What city/store?

What's the tiv for a dualshock 4? I asked yesterday, and the day before at GS and they said $27.50 base tiv, however for all I know it could have dropped today.

Also has anybody traded in an xbox 360 slim power adapter today and what was the base tiv on that?

I know this was said before, but does anyone know how to find what you have traded in in the past? I remember clicking somewhere on the website and saw a history but can't find it. Thanks

Exactly, which means early Wiis, early run 360s, and early PS3s? will be ineligible to trade since they all didn't have HDMI ports.

They only can test HDMI consoles it seems.
They're completely full of shit. Unless they're using just a monitor with HDMI inputs and no component/composite inputs, they can test a system that only has component / composite outs.

All PS3s had HDMI outputs, so you don't have to worry about those. You'd eliminate Wii systems, first-gen 360s, GCs, PS2 and OG Xboxes, plus anything less than that.

GS needs to stop being cheap and spend less than $30 for something like this:

https://www.amazon.com/Aoken-Component-Converter-Adapter-Monitor/dp/B017LBFHIA/ref=pd_lpo_23_tr_t_2?ie=UTF8&psc=1&refRID=80RZV1GHGZ2JA50FNVKY

As well as one of these for composite systems:

https://www.amazon.com/Composite-Converter-Supporting-NTSC3-58-NTSC4-43/dp/B0152INSCG/ref=sr_1_6?s=electronics&ie=UTF8&qid=1466711207&sr=1-6&keywords=composite+to+hdmi

Your store just didn't want to take in Wii systems and finding a BS way out of it. The complaint was the right idea. You can also call their corporate office if you'd like:

(817) 424-2000

They're completely full of shit. Unless they're using just a monitor with HDMI inputs and no component/composite inputs, they can test a system that only has component / composite outs.

All PS3s had HDMI outputs, so you don't have to worry about those. You'd eliminate Wii systems, first-gen 360s, GCs, PS2 and OG Xboxes, plus anything less than that.

GS needs to stop being cheap and spend less than $30 for something like this:

https://www.amazon.com/Aoken-Component-Converter-Adapter-Monitor/dp/B017LBFHIA/ref=pd_lpo_23_tr_t_2?ie=UTF8&psc=1&refRID=80RZV1GHGZ2JA50FNVKY

As well as one of these for composite systems:

https://www.amazon.com/Composite-Converter-Supporting-NTSC3-58-NTSC4-43/dp/B0152INSCG/ref=sr_1_6?s=electronics&ie=UTF8&qid=1466711207&sr=1-6&keywords=composite+to+hdmi

Your store just didn't want to take in Wii systems and finding a BS way out of it. The complaint was the right idea. You can also call their corporate office if you'd like:

(817) 424-2000
A friend of ours has also made a stink on Social media (Facebook and Twitter)
It's bullshit, and while I know many of these workers.. .. how do they not have a monitor that can test this?

However, the clerks on duty (Include a manager named Travis) said that they were told to mark all the systems as Defective by their store manager Sarah (who is Managing 2 stores as we speak)

does it have to be the official xbox branded power supply?
It should be, for two reasons:

1) The store is only supposed to take in official ones, which some stores are picky on and others aren't. If you have a third-party one, you take a chance on the store rejecting it, plus I've had horrible success rates with non-official ones from just powering up and working.

2) You possibly stick the store dealing with a non-official one that they have to deal with if it fails. Up to you on how your moral compass falls on that one.

A friend of ours has also made a stink on Social media (Facebook and Twitter)
It's bullshit, and while I know many of these workers.. .. how do they not have a monitor that can test this?
I'd suggest that, though I don't do that Facebook and Twitter you crazy kids use. :oldman:

It's 100% bullshit, so they need to be called out on it without question. No receipt survey to burn them will get to the SL's attention and hopefully he'll deal with it. Or he's part of the problem, unfortunately.

It's shit like marking all consoles defective that makes me not give two shits about trading in 360 power supplies over and over again. Microsoft branded ones of course.

Also, the Xbox one controller gets $39.20 and the Xbox one headset gets $8.80.

I feel bad for any GS employees that cross cags. We unite and make sure the proper channels are notified. It’s like we’re the anti-junior detective league :D

It should be, for two reasons:

1) The store is only supposed to take in official ones, which some stores are picky on and others aren't. If you have a third-party one, you take a chance on the store rejecting it, plus I've had horrible success rates with non-official ones from just powering up and working.

2) You possibly stick the store dealing with a non-official one that they have to deal with if it fails. Up to you on how your moral compass falls on that one.

I'd suggest that, though I don't do that Facebook and Twitter you crazy kids use. :oldman:

It's 100% bullshit, so they need to be called out on it without question. No receipt survey to burn them will get to the SL's attention and hopefully he'll deal with it. Or he's part of the problem, unfortunately.
There is a store survey which I used to complain https://gamestopcomments.survey.marketforce.com/?languageId=1 (Thank you to the person who linked it) and I complained on contact us.

I'm 36, and I don't have Facebook or Twitter either, so as I said, a friend did it for me.

Have a receipt from a trade I made earlier, same store.... not related to the Wii trade but I could still lambaste them. Though doing such a thing makes me feel kinda guilty because I know these people, this is still bullshit.

The only thing I would point out is to make sure to actually leave positive feedback if they do something right.  I tried to leave great feedback when my stores bucked bad trends, like keeping DS cases instead of pitching them out.

The only thing I would point out is to make sure to actually leave positive feedback if they do something right. I tried to leave great feedback when my stores bucked bad trends, like keeping DS cases instead of pitching them out.
Oh I was able to make a great trade...

Got rid of Mighty No 9 for $16... (Got to keep the digital copy it came with for PS4/PS3/Vita), and a few other games I had grabbed on PSN digital for cheap since they were worth 2x to 3x more trade in than they were on sale.

Which is why I would feel guilty about lambasting them... same workers even.

Gardner, MA

Only store within 25-30 miles of my house.

I've made a formal complaint to corporate, both by the link provided in a previous comment, and via the contact us on their site.
Ugh, I hear ya. Where I'm currently at there's only 1 GS store in town and everybody there pretty much knows me..... Not quite a good thing I know lol

Sucks ass, ASS I tell ya!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-efxJ_XVht8

Ugh, I hear ya. Where I'm currently at there's only 1 GS store in town and everybody there pretty much knows me..... Not quite a good thing I know lol

Sucks ass, ASS I tell ya!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-efxJ_XVht8
Pretty much the same here, and the store 30miles away as well (Since that town has most of the places I want to shop at)

My store can't test wiis because our tv that could broke a long time ago and we use a vanguard thing to test them.

I just mark it defective and bump the trade value up by whatever the fee is unless its actually defective.

My store can't test wiis because our tv that could broke a long time ago and we use a vanguard thing to test them.

I just mark it defective and bump the trade value up by whatever the fee is unless its actually defective.
Is the Vanguard that little case thing with a screen?

Also you're a good man Deader... my store still claims they cannot modify any trade value, or even match/access the saved values from the site/app. (and in all honesty, I can see where they weren't trained to do this. I've seen the store go through at least 1 store manager a year, if not more since I moved here)

Yeah the case thing.

As far as adjusting its either their dm doesn't allow it or their l.p. might not. Doesn't make it right though.
Huh, I believe the vanguards dont have any component/RCA inputs but rather (and only) HDMI inputs, as I do have one myself

Blackbeard, are these what you could use?

kRuvFc9.jpg

For the headset adapters, they said they needed a cable. I don't remember them coming with one when I bought it, I had to buy a turtle beach cable on Amazon. Any place I can pick these up on the cheap?

I bought a couple of dualshock 4's off Craigslist but they dont have the serial number sticker on the back. will I have trouble trading them in?

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back