GameStop Trade & Promos XXVII: Values available on the website and on Android/iOS app.

Status
Not open for further replies.

JP

CAG Veteran
Feedback
181 (100%)
WELCOME TO THE NEW GAMESTOP TRADE-IN THREAD.

The new thread format will be a work in progress but this first post will be the promos that are active and useful information, but also wikified. The second post will currently be frequently asked questions but may move it into the first post. Post three will be historical trade-in values from before the list.

Trade-in Values Available at: http://www.gamestop.com/trade

Also on GameStop app on iOS and Android

Upcoming Promotions/Information:

From GameStop employees on CAG:

GameStop.com Information (will post it when they update it)

Guaranteed $30/$40 on select games (Varying End Dates)

GameStop.com said:

Last edited by a moderator:
It should be, for two reasons:

1) The store is only supposed to take in official ones, which some stores are picky on and others aren't. If you have a third-party one, you take a chance on the store rejecting it, plus I've had horrible success rates with non-official ones from just powering up and working.

2) You possibly stick the store dealing with a non-official one that they have to deal with when it bursts into flames and kills a family's dog. Up to you on how your moral compass falls on that one.
FTFY

For the headset adapters, they said they needed a cable. I don't remember them coming with one when I bought it, I had to buy a turtle beach cable on Amazon. Any place I can pick these up on the cheap?
Yeah, there's a 2.5mm to 3.5mm adapter that comes with them so you can use your old 360 (2.5mm) headset.

My store can't test wiis because our tv that could broke a long time ago and we use a vanguard thing to test them.

I just mark it defective and bump the trade value up by whatever the fee is unless its actually defective.
Someone needs to stop being a penny-pinching asshole in GS operation and buy a fucking TV that has component ports on it. Such as:

$130 Samsung 24" TV

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/samsung-24-class-23-5-8-diag--led-720p-hdtv-black/8451121.p?id=1219336312946&skuId=8451121

And if they're being really cheap, here's a $90 Insignia 19" TV:

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/insignia-19-class-18-5-diag--led-720p-hdtv-black/9215028.p?id=1219704433053&skuId=9215028

They're both 720p, though if you want something in full 1080p glory, you can get this Vizio for $149.99:

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/vizio-d-series-24-class-23-54-diag--led-1080p-smart-hdtv-black/4904601.p?id=bb4904601&skuId=4904601

At this point why bother? In about a year they will stop taking in wiis and there will be no need for it.
It's one more shitty move in a number of shitty moves that GS has made in the last couple of years. It's a customer inconvenience and flip in response to say "Sorry, Mr/Mrs Customer, we can't give you more than $5 for your Wii when it might actually be worth $20 because we're too cheap to have a TV on-hand that might actually test your console we both know is good". You might as well do a wink and a hush while you're at it to quiet the complaints.

It's a smartass move and I'm sure it's pissed off more than just Jiryn about it.

At minimum $90 x 5,000 stores, going to be really hard justifying $450k to take in Wiis that nobody wants anymore.
GS has more stores than that, since I've received stuff from GS.com from stores with store numbers in the high 7000s. Still, until they stop taking in Wii systems, they need to be able to properly test it. What do they do for an original X360 without a HDMI port, use the same line of bullshit? All the money they're saving from defecting out Wii systems without testing them to pay out the full value they're worth likely has paid for more than a few correct TVs for testing.

Will it guarantee a dog kill?
Could also be a cat, hamster or small child, but yes...

hqdefault.jpg

Got my 5 adapters a day early so made a run. Was able to do two at a home home store , my second account got one trade. Thing is the chick there thought she was slick by ringing it up as a og adapter @ 4.40. Had her change it quick. My 4th ended up going to a new account (#3) pur and change stayed on the pur card. Dude would not put the balance on my generic card and was persistent I give it over so he could combine balances! So one adapter left which I'll trade tomorrow,$700 down and who knows how much to go! Thanks for the plug CAG

When they tell you how much youre getting back you should be able to just swipe your generic trade in card with the credit card machine and click yes to amount. Ive never has them deny me putting credit on a generic card tho.

When they tell you how much youre getting back you should be able to just swipe your generic trade in card with the credit card machine and click yes to amount. Ive never has them deny me putting credit on a generic card tho.
Agree. This was a new account so maybe that's why.Normally that's what I do. It was just strange...

So PDG is out of $100 cards for best buy. Has this happened before? Do they restock and if so, how long before we can hope for more?

Hey Blackbeard, and or anyone that knows of the stealth bumps, do they go in effect usually Friday at open or randomly during the day? Thanks in advance!

Hey Blackbeard, and or anyone that knows of the stealth bumps, do they go in effect usually Friday at open or randomly during the day? Thanks in advance!
Friday at open. If it happens, GS will send out an email tonight stating you have games worth this much. At least its been like that the past couple times.

GameStop online trade value has the slim adapter for 8.80 trade credit...is the online base just not updated and actually 30+ or should i not bother ordering any online?

I just got 38.40 each for three of them, the site/app has been wrong for months. Could drop at any time but it has been like that for a while. Also got an eBay card and Steam card with no issues.

Thanks! Just ordered one online so hopefully it gets here in time before any credit goes down.

Never traded in just the power supply before so hope all goes good :D working to pay off that 2TB XB1S

CS Just contacted me asking for my name, address, phone #, PUR, Store, Store #, Employees, and the exact event that happened.

I replied with a clear and concise chain of events, and even said I do not blame the employees but the lack of equipment the test the console/consoles.

Thank you for your help.

I have the stereo headset that came with my system and it looks like t has the adapter attached, anyway I can separate the adapter from headset to trade it in? Adapter is 15 but headset is 6

I ran out of gamestop gc so gotta move some bb credit to gs and use b2g1 on controllers and trade in. Any1 got a few good credit movers?

Why not just send them as a picture via PM?

Speaking of, I'll send some his way as well. Maybe tonight if I get my kids to sleep early enough.
Because i have about a year of xbox live to send him via trial codes. I'm not going to go through all that. id rather just send it to him in appreciation for all his help.

Because i have about a year of xbox live to send him via trial codes. I'm not going to go through all that. id rather just send it to him in appreciation for all his help.
Social engineer, beware.

j/k... though that is what a social engineer would say to the primary target in an attempt to dox someone.

Even if you separate it, it won't be functional lol I thought about it when I traded it my xbox one.
If you know how to solder, it's possible to make it functional as a chat adapter. I did that with my first pack in headset - it has a headphone jack, except in the form of a wire hanging from it.

Also, the stereo adapter has 5 buttons while the pack in headphones adapter has 3, so it's still not the same.

If you know how to solder, it's possible to make it functional as a chat adapter. I did that with my first pack in headset - it has a headphone jack, except in the form of a wire hanging from it.

Also, the stereo adapter has 5 buttons while the pack in headphones adapter has 3, so it's still not the same.
Ah I see. Oh well $9 for standard headset isn't bad

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back