GameStop Trade & Promos XXVII: Values available on the website and on Android/iOS app.

Status
Not open for further replies.

JP

CAG Veteran
Feedback
181 (100%)
WELCOME TO THE NEW GAMESTOP TRADE-IN THREAD.

The new thread format will be a work in progress but this first post will be the promos that are active and useful information, but also wikified. The second post will currently be frequently asked questions but may move it into the first post. Post three will be historical trade-in values from before the list.

Trade-in Values Available at: http://www.gamestop.com/trade

Also on GameStop app on iOS and Android

Upcoming Promotions/Information:

From GameStop employees on CAG:

GameStop.com Information (will post it when they update it)

Guaranteed $30/$40 on select games (Varying End Dates)

GameStop.com said:

Last edited by a moderator:
For the headset adapters, they said they needed a cable. I don't remember them coming with one when I bought it, I had to buy a turtle beach cable on Amazon. Any place I can pick these up on the cheap?
FTFY

Yeah, there's a 2.5mm to 3.5mm adapter that comes with them so you can use your old 360 (2.5mm) headset.
So do they want the micro USB cable or the 2.5" to 3.5" adapter? I have the Xbox One Stereo Headset and it didn't come with the adapter cable (only the USB cable) and I wouldn't mind upgrading it to a chat pad.

It's supposed to come with the adapter cable, unless they updated recent releases to exclude them. Product page stills says the adapter should be included though.

http://www.xbox.com/en-US/xbox-one/accessories/headsets/stereo-headset-adapter
The adapter by itself, yes. The adapter with the Stereo Headset, no. I imagine I might have to have them refer to the box for the headset to confirm that.

EDIT - For reference --> http://www.xbox.com/en-US/xbox-one/accessories/headsets/stereo-headset

The adapter by itself, yes. The adapter with the Stereo Headset, no. I imagine I might have to have them refer to the box for the headset to confirm that.

EDIT - For reference --> http://www.xbox.com/en-US/xbox-one/accessories/headsets/stereo-headset
Ah, I missed that detail...Then yes, I would bring that to their attention. Kind of how I had to fight with the one manager over the pack-in headset that came with my forza console that didn't have the puck with buttons on it. He was adamant that it was a 360 headset and that I was lying to him, despite it have a 3.5mm plug on it.

Is $13-15 the normal price for the slim adaptors that you trade in? Looking on amazon and cant tell if theres some hidden super cheap ones or not

I grabbed some on eBay (because GS to eBay GC) and they were about $15 each and it said "official Microsoft", guess I'll see when they arrive as I don't want to trade those cheap knockoffs that can burn someones house down.

PUR is great. It's worth renewing just for the B2G1 pre-owned coupon alone, which would allow you to get 3 DS4 controllers and flip them for a ~$30 profit. Essentially makes your PUR membership free.

PUR = -$15

DS4 = -$96 (before taxes)

DS4 TIV = +$132

Still come out at $15-$21 (depending on taxes) or so of free GS credit that you can keep for later or even put towards an ebay gift card. And having made the DS4 purchase/trade in, that would also get you at least a $5 preowned coupon once your points post.

The process takes over an hour to do (not optimized yet) but I was able to code my app to compare gs preowned prices / TIVs and BB preowned/new prices and TIVs tonight. Some prices are missing, still some kinks to work out but here is my first output.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1QHes9WjTbQvu-uB5Bkp_cwrKtJtZiqANFr_RfwvzkYs/edit#gid=1330826904
wow! I don't know how you can do that!! How positive are you about the trade in value for the next few days 6/26 and 6/27? are these just predictions?

The process takes over an hour to do (not optimized yet) but I was able to code my app to compare gs preowned prices / TIVs and BB preowned/new prices and TIVs tonight. Some prices are missing, still some kinks to work out but here is my first output.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1QHes9WjTbQvu-uB5Bkp_cwrKtJtZiqANFr_RfwvzkYs/edit#gid=1330826904
Great work man. I made a personal copy of your sheet and added a tab that takes the previous bump w/50% values and compares to the 20% off for 2 or more list. Lots of winners there

Edit: last gen PP went up $2 base, current gen lost $1 base

All the games i was saving from the microsoft sale this week have increased by a dollar or two, but mirrors edge tanked by nearly half since earlier this week! And now i feel as if fallout 4 won't get over $20 ever again.

I grabbed some on eBay (because GS to eBay GC) and they were about $15 each and it said "official Microsoft", guess I'll see when they arrive as I don't want to trade those cheap knockoffs that can burn someones house down.
I got some that sound just like those. They were used and had chines/Japanese on the bottom. I'll let you know if they don't work today.

Actually I got a slight boost of about $20 on the games I had. So some things stayed the same. Instead of getting $470, im going to get $497. Not bad I guess

$25 trade in for a complete 4gb 360, or $5x.xx if I trade in just the controller and power supply. Awesome.
Yep. GS has always been dumb like that. A few years back, when TIVs were relatively decent on the 360, I crunched the numbers and figured out that parting out the system and keeping the console netted a higher TIV than trading it in as a bundle. :whistle2:k

Buying "genuine" MS power supplies from eBay very likely means you are getting counterfeits where they also make a counterfeit label. So, don't worry, you're probably a fire starter this way, too :)

I'd trade my 360 controllers if they didn't net less than a power supply. That's offensive. Also I still have s fat 360, so they don't even want my power supply. I'm just jealous.

Xbox One S has a built in power supply so get in while the getting is good!!

Traded in Majoras Mask 3DS last night for $19.80 before the 50% deal. Value went down to $16.50 over night. I WIN!!!

And I traded an Xbox 360 last weekend. The 120gb harddrive was worth more than the system and the controller.

If I don't lose the customer any doing this where Is the harm? I can't believe you're still going on about this.
It's an opinion, which I'm entitled to go on about as long as I'd like. ;)

If you don't lose the customer, good for you, though in my opinion, it's a shitty practice and preying on customers who don't know enough to make a stink about it.

Just reminds me to bring my own TV with me if I trade in a Wii system, so you guys can to test it. :wall:

So wait. I'm preying on customers by giving them the correct value and explaining to them what I did? If every gamestop that couldn't test wiis handled it the way I do youd still have an issue with it?

So wait. I'm preying on customers by giving them the correct value and explaining to them what I did? If every gamestop that couldn't test wiis handled it the way I do youd still have an issue with it?
I think he's talking about the policy as a whole, specifically Jiryn's post where they were going to default it as defective and not even comp the fee.

damn. Is GS impacted as well from GB leaving EU???

tumblr_mgmrvgHach1r5cmwmo2_400.gif

I updated the sheets with the incomplete results ( around 525 prices not pulling) I will post the complete results when I can.

Only REALISTIC boomerangs are MGS V  :ps3:  :360:

A quick question on XB1 Controllers - I see a few people have mentioned that the original (non-3.5mm) gets around $39 after the boost... I am wondering if the newer version with 3.5mm also gets $39? The app says $22 base, but it appears to also quote the wrong value on the original controllers and power supplies.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back