GameStop Trade & Promos XXVII: Values available on the website and on Android/iOS app.

Status
Not open for further replies.

JP

CAG Veteran
Feedback
181 (100%)
WELCOME TO THE NEW GAMESTOP TRADE-IN THREAD.

The new thread format will be a work in progress but this first post will be the promos that are active and useful information, but also wikified. The second post will currently be frequently asked questions but may move it into the first post. Post three will be historical trade-in values from before the list.

Trade-in Values Available at: http://www.gamestop.com/trade

Also on GameStop app on iOS and Android

Upcoming Promotions/Information:

From GameStop employees on CAG:

GameStop.com Information (will post it when they update it)

Guaranteed $30/$40 on select games (Varying End Dates)

GameStop.com said:

Last edited by a moderator:
I was trading in controllers and thr guy hit me with a refurb fee. I said whats that for. He said "because we have to send them to the warehouse". I said "why would i have to pay for that?". To which he said "policy". It was the first time i experienced that. But i immediately took them back and traded them at another store with no fuckfee

I was trading in controllers and thr guy hit me with a refurb fee. I said whats that for. He said "because we have to send them to the warehouse". I said "why would i have to pay for that?". To which he said "policy". It was the first time i experienced that. But i immediately took them back and traded them at another store with no fuckfee
nows the time to report his ass

Burn his ass on a no-receipt survey:

https://gamestopexperience.survey.marketforce.com/?languageId=1

I've traded in multiple controllers before and never had this random refurb fee BS for no reason.

Uncharted NDC dropped a few $$ today as well. Good thing I only have 1 left from Redbox.
Poooooop. I've got three chapters left on Uncharted 3. Oh well, it was definitely worth it and I'll still some out ahead. The remastering job they did on all three games is incredible.

Everything that anchored me dropped substantially and I lost about an extra $50. Should've went with my gut feeling and traded in earlier in the week when the ad started on Wednesday. Oh well, you win some, you lose some. I guess what I could do is trade the stuff that didn't drop, do the Uncharted promo, take it back, keep NDC for $9.99, and barring any more drops, Mirror's Edge will be going to BB(It's still worth $27.00+10% GCU there for those who suffered the same hit) since I have a few things worth value there, and the rest will be spent on eBay/PSN/Steam cards(jk the Steam Summer Sale is eww).

Everything that anchored me dropped substantially and I lost about an extra $50. Should've went with my gut feeling and traded in earlier in the week when the ad started on Wednesday. Oh well, you win some, you lose some. I guess what I could do is trade the stuff that didn't drop, do the Uncharted promo, take it back, keep NDC for $9.99, and barring any more drops, Mirror's Edge will be going to BB(It's still worth $27.00+10% GCU there for those who suffered the same hit) since I have a few things worth value there, and the rest will be spent on eBay/PSN/Steam cards(jk the Steam Summer Sale is eww).
That's life, sometimes you lose other times you win

That's life, sometimes you lose other times you win
I had a nice lucky streak going, I guess I'm thankful things like Stranger of Sword City going on Steam and other Vita titles that didn't drop and are on Steam, cause they're putting the team on their back now, and still allows me to save face.

Burn his ass on a no-receipt survey:

https://gamestopexperience.survey.marketforce.com/?languageId=1

I've traded in multiple controllers before and never had this random refurb fee BS for no reason.
A reliable GS store manager told me that the surveys are linked to your IP. He said the DM sees the Ip attached to the survey. If the DM sees too many reviews under one IP the DM doesn't take the surveys seriously. He said if you want to say something negative or positive you should do it about 1 per month per IP for the DM to take it legitimately. This might be YMMV though, but figure the info was useful for all.

Just use your home IP, cell IP, significant other's cell IP, etc and space them out and use different wording.

Use CSUMMERFUN2016 to get $15 off a $75 purchase on eBay. I just got a $75 Best Buy gift card with it to keep the cycle going.

I think it has been 90 days since I last used my main account which was banned, I wonder if I should go try it. I do have another slim brick to unload..

Just got $75 Best Buy for $60 from the eBay card I got yesterday.

You can because I just did it 15 minutes ago.
giphy.gif

The $75 Best Buy Credit for $60 really just breathed new life into what i can do, and finding out that the Shadow of Mordor GOTY I found for $11.99 used at Hastings last weekend, boosted up $5-close to $6. Now, I don't have to do the Uncharted promo(still gonna do it anyway probably), I can take Mirror's Edge and company to BB and i have the potential to get more BB credit, looks like I'll be checking my 3 GS stores for eBay GCs!

i just got the usual GS stealth bump email, and it tells me the MSGVPP is 19.5 while on GS website it's 13. but maybe it just included the 50% bonus. I'm sure hoping the base value comes to that in the near future...

A reliable GS store manager told me that the surveys are linked to your IP. He said the DM sees the Ip attached to the survey. If the DM sees too many reviews under one IP the DM doesn't take the surveys seriously. He said if you want to say something negative or positive you should do it about 1 per month per IP for the DM to take it legitimately. This might be YMMV though, but figure the info was useful for all.
Is this applicable to no-receipt surveys only or the same applies to receipt-based surveys?

ebates? damn missed that sweet $0.75. how does that work?
Just create an account on ebates and use their cashback link when placing your order on ebay, they always give at least 1% back on gift card purchases, a few weeks back it was 3%.

They pay you out via Paypal quarterly so you get your money right away but it should post in your cashback history within a day or 2.

Just create an account on ebates and use their cashback link when placing your order on ebay, they always give at least 1% back on gift card purchases, a few weeks back it was 3%.

They pay you out via Paypal quarterly so you get your money right away but it should post in your cashback history within a day or 2.
thx bruh

33070427.jpg

i saw the optional space for referral email on ebates, is there any bonus for that? if so, anybody wants a little bonus?

EDIT: actually saw the $50 referral bonus, damn it's a lot. Shanti/Nick, what's your email?

i just got the usual GS stealth bump email, and it tells me the MSGVPP is 19.5 while on GS website it's 13. but maybe it just included the 50% bonus. I'm sure hoping the base value comes to that in the near future...
Man, that's a bummer they're counting their end of month stealth bump through their promotion. Someone tell them that is not okay.

Im sure everybody knows this by now but PS4 controllers are ringing up $27.50->$44 in store trade in.

Did the eBay $15 off Gamestop GC then bought 3 ps4 controllers with a b2g1 coupon. Basically $86 for $132 flip. Not bad. Although my Gamestop would only take 2 ps4 controllers at a time.

Also traded in an old Xbox One controller and the Chat Adapter(didnt require the 2.5 to 3.5 wire) and picked up a new 3.5 X1 Controller while making 40 cents.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back