GameStop Trade & Promos XXVII: Values available on the website and on Android/iOS app.

Status
Not open for further replies.

JP

CAG Veteran
Feedback
181 (100%)
WELCOME TO THE NEW GAMESTOP TRADE-IN THREAD.

The new thread format will be a work in progress but this first post will be the promos that are active and useful information, but also wikified. The second post will currently be frequently asked questions but may move it into the first post. Post three will be historical trade-in values from before the list.

Trade-in Values Available at: http://www.gamestop.com/trade

Also on GameStop app on iOS and Android

Upcoming Promotions/Information:

From GameStop employees on CAG:

GameStop.com Information (will post it when they update it)

Guaranteed $30/$40 on select games (Varying End Dates)

GameStop.com said:

Last edited by a moderator:
When does the promotion for extra 50% towards a preorder of select games start? I remember seeing something about that a few days ago. I sadly never get these promotion emails. 

When does the promotion for extra 50% towards a preorder of select games start? I remember seeing something about that a few days ago. I sadly never get these promotion emails.
I remember seeing it mentioned a few times in this thread in the last few days. That promo goes through 6/28.

Man, that's a bummer they're counting their end of month stealth bump through their promotion. Someone tell them that is not okay.
I understand that it may be annoying, but it makes sense. It would be different if the 50% bonus required a pre-order or a coupon to trigger it, but since it is automatic it makes sense that they would include it.

I was going to unload about 30 Amiibo that have just been taking up space, but I guess I haven't checked values in a long time because they are only about $3.75 each, or like $5.99 after the promo. Thought they used to be about $6 base. Oh well.

They did, but the TIV dropped about a month ago.
Ah, thanks, like I said I hadn't checked for a while. Guess I'll hold on to them in box and try to sell them on Craig's List or something. I have pretty much a full set aside from MYY, but want to open a single set and unload the doubles maybe. We'll see.

Question about using PUR points.  If I redeem points to get a "$X off a new game" certificate, am I required to use that cert on my own account?  Or can I gift it to someone else, like a gift card?  Thanks in advance.

Also traded in an old Xbox One controller and the Chat Adapter(didnt require the 2.5 to 3.5 wire) and picked up a new 3.5 X1 Controller while making 40 cents.
Xbox one controllers are less on eBay NIB. In theory you could have bought eBay GC and have made more than $0.40. Unfortunately I only have one controller so I can't trade mine in and buy elsewhere. I assume you're in the same boat. Maybe this helps someone else?

Like others said, the 360 adapters still go for 38.40. I asked how often they sell them and he said they get a bunch after a big storm. Since I live in Houston and we have been flooding like crazy lately, I don't feel bad trading in 6 of them :D

Does it raise any flags hitting that amount and getting a 2nd card? I guess I should buy more eBay gift cards lol
No idea, I'm not a big fish.

Also, I'm of the mind that there aren't specific things that you can do to raise flags, but just a general behavior pattern. Just be smart when trading in things / buying things / stacking up trade credit / doing anything above the norm. :)

Update: GS seems to have implemented some new security to their website this morning which has  fuck over 500 results each scan. I have pinpointed what code is not working now and currently looking into a solution.

They're trying to get you, blackbeard. You're a man of some renown, as it appears.
Gotta stay one step ahead of the man.

13440.gif

Soon GameStop will only pay you $1 trade in credit regardless of which game just so they prevent people from taking advance of them.

of course they'll still take advantage of customers ( selling an opened game as new, charging refurb fee randomly, etc.)

Hey guys.

Long time lurker, never added anything to a single thread and can't read.

How much are xbox 360 slim power adapters going for?  App says $8.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back