GameStop Trade & Promos XXVII: Values available on the website and on Android/iOS app.

Status
Not open for further replies.

JP

CAG Veteran
Feedback
181 (100%)
WELCOME TO THE NEW GAMESTOP TRADE-IN THREAD.

The new thread format will be a work in progress but this first post will be the promos that are active and useful information, but also wikified. The second post will currently be frequently asked questions but may move it into the first post. Post three will be historical trade-in values from before the list.

Trade-in Values Available at: http://www.gamestop.com/trade

Also on GameStop app on iOS and Android

Upcoming Promotions/Information:

From GameStop employees on CAG:

GameStop.com Information (will post it when they update it)

Guaranteed $30/$40 on select games (Varying End Dates)

GameStop.com said:

Last edited by a moderator:
I still call bullshit on it and if you're in such dire need to work around trade limits per month, get yourself a second account that's all your own and stop "borrowing" the accounts of your friends and use up their trade allotments per month.
They don't even do these sort of trade ins but you should get off your high horse while you're at it. I got a second account and a third :D

I didn't see this listed in the FAQ, but do the current prices on the website include the 50% bonus? I want to trade in Uncharted 4, Until Dawn, Fallout 4, and Tearaway. The prices are decent if I add another 50%, but if the currently listed prices include the 50% I think I'll pass.
They don't reflect the bonus. If it was posted like that, people would infer it to be the new base and just assume various bonuses (like PUR coupon boosts and weekly promos like the 50% stack on top of that). Saves problems to just post the base.

Aha. That would explain it, since I'm not one going and buying POSA cards at GS regularly. Last time I did that was during Tradepocalypse last summer and not since. In that case, yes, you might not want to have it be 10 scanned gift cards, you'd want it to be one swipe-able gift card.

Still doing the return in-store for $375 is going to be a bad hit on that store's daily sales. All depends on how your moral compass points on that one about it being a "bad" thing.
Yup and DJchan's idea is a good workaround. It's better to avoid any big returns because I'm sure returns are factored into any LP related bans. Goes without saying but you're more likely to be banned if you trade in $1K worth of goods on top of $500 of returns than just $1K worth of trades alone.

I heard that at Gamestop they can make PSN codes like a 3 dollar code. Is it true?
Yes. They can change transactions to codes for use on psn or xbl. I'm not sure if you can just hand them $3 and ask them to change that to a xbl or psn code though. But they can change your transaction to be used on either network instead of getting in store credit or cash.

I'm so confused. Website says extra 50% trade in bonus, doesn't specify if it's tied to anything else. Ad says 50% trade in bonus if you put it towards the preorder of a couple of games. Also says 20% trade in bonus if you trade in towards LSWTFA.
Is the 50% bonus tied to a preorder or not? Any idea on when it ends?
50% not tied to a preorder as long as you do it before close of business on Sunday. If you do it M or Tu you have to do a preorder.

So weird, some transactions still not showing up in my PUR history many days later. As much as I want their points for a shitty prize, I guess I'll just let it go.

Anyone trade in a Dualshock 4 today? I had the Call of Duty one listed online since it seems to sell at a slight premium but I might just dump it. 

I didn't see this listed in the FAQ, but do the current prices on the website include the 50% bonus? I want to trade in Uncharted 4, Until Dawn, Fallout 4, and Tearaway. The prices are decent if I add another 50%, but if the currently listed prices include the 50% I think I'll pass.
Values on their site are the base trade-in value. Add 50% to that for the final TIV.

So weird, some transactions still not showing up in my PUR history many days later. As much as I want their points for a shitty prize, I guess I'll just let it go.
Anyone trade in a Dualshock 4 today? I had the Call of Duty one listed online since it seems to sell at a slight premium but I might just dump it.
DS4 still trades for 44.00 and slim adapters still go for 38.40. Just traded them in.

anyone know how much I can get for this stuff with deal

xbox one system and 2 Reg Xbox one controllers with 2 battery packs and 1 charging cable and 1 elite Xbox one controller and 1 Xbox one Kinect sensor

PS4 and 1 extra PS4 controller and 1 PlayStations Camera and 1 2 controller charging station

xbox one system and 2 Reg Xbox one controllers with 2 battery packs and 1 charging cable and 1 elite Xbox one controller and 1 Xbox one Kinect sensor

PS4 and 1 extra PS4 controller and 1 PlayStations Camera and 1 2 controller charging station
About tree fiddy

Do you want us to hold your hand and trade it in for you too?

Look at the trade values, go through a few pages in this topic and you'll see how much things are going for.

Do you want us to hold your hand and trade it in for you too?
Look at the trade values, go through a few pages in this topic and you'll see how much things are going for.
Might be easier to call GS. Don't be scared to talk to a person....

After refurb fees, like $20

They probably don't have the right equipment to test the stuff anyways. They'll just take them and mark them defective.

I'll give you a Grant $50 bill and tree fiddy.

Even better I'll give you some Monopoly money for it. It is like real money but for Monopoly.

Just completed my final trade this round.

xbox 360 slim adapter 38.40

xbox one adapter 48.00

dualshock 4 44.00

metal gear solid v PP 360 19.20

All holding. 

Hey everyone, I know it's been said before but I wanted to make sure there is a 50% bonus that ends the 28th so I don't end up screwing myself over. Thanks again, sorry just being extra careful

Hey everyone, I know it's been said before but I wanted to make sure there is a 50% bonus that ends the 28th so I don't end up screwing myself over. Thanks again, sorry just being extra careful
No strings attached 50% ends tomorrow. After that you have till the 28th to get 50% extra when you pre order cod, battlefield 1 or gears of war.

On the 27th and 28th it is going to require you to preorder a game. Till the 26th there are no stipulations.

I managed to find some redbox flipping material but I'm working up the nerve to trade them in. I tried to carefully remove the UPC sticker label with applied heat from a blowdryer but I immediately noticed that the sticker was rising small bits of the actual CD label backing/data. I can see the missing bits when carefully looking at the reflective part when shining the game towards a light. I peeled off 2 labels with both medium and high heat settings and did not further tamper with the 3rd label. I was not expecting for these labels to be so damn stuck in there. Has anyone found out the best way to cleanly remove the sticker without damaging the CD backing?

I know there's a chance they'll still take them in with the labels so I'm eventually gonna have to take a leap of faith here! *eagle screech queue*

I just reaaally don't want to get stuck with three crappy games lol

I managed to find some redbox flipping material but I'm working up the nerve to trade them in. I tried to carefully remove the UPC sticker label with applied heat from a blowdryer but I immediately noticed that the sticker was rising small bits of the actual CD label backing/data. I can see the missing bits when carefully looking at the reflective part when shining the game towards a light. I peeled off 2 labels with both medium and high heat settings and did not further tamper with the 3rd label. I was not expecting for these labels to be so damn stuck in there. Has anyone found out the best way to cleanly remove the sticker without damaging the CD backing?
I know there's a chance they'll still take them in with the labels so I'm eventually gonna have to take a leap of faith here! *eagle screech queue*
I usually take a blade to the labels. Works well enough.

My Gamestops don't care. Games that work perfect is all they care about. Just trade them in. Worst case they say no and then you go back home and remove the labels. Buy some adhesive remover and soak the labels to make the job easier.

Did a little looking on the Walmart flips. If anyone is interested, Terraria PS4 is 11.96 and trades for 9 base at GS. Not that much of a flip but a little more.

It does. I made some good money yesterday because of it (more than I would have made on CL).

I also renewed my PUR- does the B2G1 show up in active offers when you have it? Waiting to buy a couple games.
Thanks! Any good titles to note? I have a lot of first party nintendo gba titles I want to bring in.

I did a redbox run on the way to and back from GAmestops and bought up $225ish worth of games.  Took me 3 hours including lunch and buying groceries.  I got $241 in trade credit.  Those trades cost me $178 in cash.   So the trade credit cost me about $.70 on the dollar.   Not too bad.   Plus I still have a few extra Master Chiefs and Uncharteds and 3-4 others to trade in tomorrow.

I lost $3 on a Batman PS4 trade.  Forgot it traded in for less than X1 version.  And I traded in a few other Batmans and Mad Maxs even though I only got $1 per just because I was at Redbox anyway, was going to GAmestop anyway, I get points for the trades, and it  was a break even, worst case, if I wanted to convert to (as good as cash) Visa cards.

I usually take a blade to the labels. Works well enough.
I forgot to mention this on my previous post. I did use a blade in addition to the blow dryer method. I made sure I was extremely careful but still managed to peel some of backing bits.... hmmmm backing bits! *drools*

My Gamestops don't care. Games that work perfect is all they care about. Just trade them in. Worst case they say no and then you go back home and remove the labels. Buy some adhesive remover and soak the labels to make the job easier.
Any brand/type you recommend in particular? I'm hessitant to use any strong chemical-based products since I'm aware that some acetone products are too caustic and can potentially remove the cd backing as well.

Might try. I know I saw signs there the other day that said they don't PM competitors anymore, but I'll give it a shot! ;)
Yep it'll be over soon nationwide probably. Posted the below info way back on May 25, 2016 irrc. Crazy and dumb of them to stop imo.

Walmart ending in-store price-matching

Bargain hunters have been enjoying big savings with Walmart's in-store ad-matching program, now it's coming to an end at hundreds of stores.

The program promised to match lower prices advertised by its competitors.

In order to get the discounts, customers had to present a competitor's printed ad displaying the lower price while checking out.

The store is getting rid of ad-matching at 500 stores by June 9.

Walmart says it plans to implement long-term discounts on items at the stores affected by the change.

No word yet on which stores are ending the program.

http://www.news4jax.com/consumer/walmart-ending-in-store-price-matching

More links

http://couponsinthenews.com/2016/05...matching-lowers-prices-in-hundreds-of-stores/

http://www.wral.com/walmart-ending-in-store-price-matching/15724475/

http://www.businessinsider.com/walmart-ends-ad-matching-2016-5

Same here mine it like whatever. At first they wanted to see proof that I had bought them but after awhile they just took them.

I forgot to mention this on my previous post. I did use a blade in addition to the blow dryer method. I made sure I was extremely careful but still managed to peel some of backing bits.... hmmmm backing bits! *drools*
I've done the redbox dance with about 20 games, I always use a hair dryer on medium heat for about 2 minutes then use my thumbnail to pull the sticker off. Never once had an issue. Are you using a full size dryer and if so what heat setting and how long?

I've gotten pretty good at removing those Redbox stickers with a blow dryer and my fingernails.

Just get it nice and hot and scratch across the two black sections on the sticker. You'll then have two half circle stickers. Reheat then gently peel each one, being careful not to stretch the sticker too far. Keep pulling the sticker off as close from the disk as you can.

Never had any problems with the disk getting scratched or peeling off the art using this method and I've probably done 30 disks so far.

I've gotten pretty good at removing those Redbox stickers with a blow dryer and my fingernails.

Just get it nice and hot and scratch across the two black sections on the sticker. You'll then have two half circle stickers. Reheat then gently peel each one, being careful not to stretch the sticker too far. Keep pulling the sticker off as close from the disk as you can.

Never had any problems with the disk getting scratched or peeling off the art using this method and I've probably done 30 disks so far.
11464797.jpg

I haven't been following this thread extremely closely lately, so i'm hoping someone can help clarify.  Are people still able to buy Kindle cards (or other gift cards) with trade credit?  I went to one store today and they didn't even have Kindle cards, so i'm trying to figure out if Gamestop no longer carries Kindle cards and also if they are restricting how gift cards are purchased.  I recall some posts awhile ago where people were reporting problems.

I haven't been following this thread extremely closely lately, so i'm hoping someone can help clarify. Are people still able to buy Kindle cards (or other gift cards) with trade credit? I went to one store today and they didn't even have Kindle cards, so i'm trying to figure out if Gamestop no longer carries Kindle cards and also if they are restricting how gift cards are purchased. I recall some posts awhile ago where people were reporting problems.
pretty sure they cleared them out nationwide

and yea they are restricting purchase on visa cards with trade credit. Could still get it done but ymmv.

I haven't been following this thread extremely closely lately, so i'm hoping someone can help clarify. Are people still able to buy Kindle cards (or other gift cards) with trade credit? I went to one store today and they didn't even have Kindle cards, so i'm trying to figure out if Gamestop no longer carries Kindle cards and also if they are restricting how gift cards are purchased. I recall some posts awhile ago where people were reporting problems.
Unfortunately, Kindle/Amazon cards are no longer in GS's database.

I'm about to trade in a duplicate copy of Skyrim: Legendary Edition for 360. Anybody know if the Dawnguard, Hearthfire, and Dragonborn DLCs can be installed from the disc to work on the digital vanilla game?

Think I'm going to trade a fat stack of games in and my Nintendo 3ds og since I don't really play that anymore anyway for about $250, then when the 2tb xbox one s 2 to comes out trading in my launch xbox one for most if not all of the remaining balance. You guys recommend I pre order the console now or wait until they might have a bonus for trading in my launch xbox one towards it?

Thank you good sir/ma'am!

You sure do justice to your username lol

Think I'm going to trade a fat stack of games in and my Nintendo 3ds og since I don't really play that anymore anyway for about $250, then when the 2tb xbox one s 2 to comes out trading in my launch xbox one for most if not all of the remaining balance. You guys recommend I pre order the console now or wait until they might have a bonus for trading in my launch xbox one towards it?
2tb version is presumably a limited run type of console as its listed as a special edition of the slim model. I'd put some money down on a pre-order just in case.

personally i think you have a month to go and im sure they will do some trade-offer for upgrading from an old XB1....My personal thought though so its your call.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back