GameStop Trade & Promos XXVII: Values available on the website and on Android/iOS app.

Status
Not open for further replies.

JP

CAG Veteran
Feedback
181 (100%)
WELCOME TO THE NEW GAMESTOP TRADE-IN THREAD.

The new thread format will be a work in progress but this first post will be the promos that are active and useful information, but also wikified. The second post will currently be frequently asked questions but may move it into the first post. Post three will be historical trade-in values from before the list.

Trade-in Values Available at: http://www.gamestop.com/trade

Also on GameStop app on iOS and Android

Upcoming Promotions/Information:

From GameStop employees on CAG:

GameStop.com Information (will post it when they update it)

Guaranteed $30/$40 on select games (Varying End Dates)

GameStop.com said:

Last edited by a moderator:
Are ps4 controllers the best bet during the 50% bump to boomerang points to credit?
With a B2G1 it's pretty good and very easy to do since people don't raise eyebrows at people trading in multiple controllers.

Oh you said points though. I didn't think ps4 controllers could boomerang by themselves.

slightly off topic: since we just had an ebay promo last week (15off75) what is the likelihood of another ebay promo before the end of the month?

Don't think there will be another discount promo. I am sure we will see an eBay bucks promotion though.

Probably 4th of July promo on eBay of some kind. They like hitting the holidays.
The end of last quarter (March) we saw coupons every few days. The coupon last week was the first one we saw since March and it also happens to be the end of the quarter. I expect to see at least one by the end of the month and then none (other than eBay bucks) until the end of the next quarter.

Don't think anyone knows. But you gotta figure they won't continue it in the long run because Ebay is a competitor for used and new games. It doesn't make a ton of sense in that regard. And so it's probably smart to not keep too much in trade credit if you don't want to use it on anything else at Gamestop.
According my my store manager, loss prevention has notified all stores that the system updates to prevent the sale of ebay cards and gas cards, not sure which others, will be completed by July 24th. The manager was pretty sure the rollouts were going to be incremental area-wise. Indiana is still good as of Saturday. I'll report back in today after I attempt to cash our more credit.

Ha! I got a cool $2.25 for an old 360 Microsoft chat headset. This might be my favorite trade of the 50% bonus last week because, unlike anything else I traded in, this item was literally destined to wind up in the garbage and had zero value.

Thanks to all the folks in this thread who do the heavy lifting so we tourists can pop in every now and again to pocket $50 to $100 in credit.

Ha! I got a cool $2.25 for an old 360 Microsoft chat headset. This might be my favorite trade of the 50% bonus last week because, unlike anything else I traded in, this item was literally destined to wind up in the garbage and had zero value.

Thanks to all the folks in this thread who do the heavy lifting so we tourists can pop in every now and again to pocket $50 to $100 in credit.
I've got two different "intercoolers" for the 360 I have tried at about 8 stores/transactions. Trying to keep my head up. About the 4th stop I was able to get rid of an old 3rd party 360 battery charging cradle.

With a B2G1 it's pretty good and very easy to do since people don't raise eyebrows at people trading in multiple controllers.

Oh you said points though. I didn't think ps4 controllers could boomerang by themselves.
Not necessarily a profit boomerang but just trying to get the most credit for my points so I can turn it into something else while different gift cards are still available. I saw someone else also do headset adapters. May try that too

According my my store manager, loss prevention has notified all stores that the system updates to prevent the sale of ebay cards and gas cards, not sure which others, will be completed by July 24th. The manager was pretty sure the rollouts were going to be incremental area-wise. Indiana is still good as of Saturday. I'll report back in today after I attempt to cash our more credit.
Looks like it's almost time for eBay's final ride. I should probably just cash out all my GS credit and slowly bring it back via ebay promotions.

Well once they do that then I'll probably be done with them I guess. Glad I cashed out while I did.

Looks like it's almost time for eBay's final ride. I should probably just cash out all my GS credit and slowly bring it back via ebay promotions.
Nooooo :cry: I really wish I had gotten on this gravy train much sooner. It was barely starting to get used to the whole flipping doctrine.

How else are we to exploit gamestop now? :rofl:

It already happened to Amazon GCs when I tried yesterday. Was hoping to convert them, guess I'll convert them to cash the long way around.

I feel like it was said months ago that the eBay GC was stopping and it just kept going. Are we sure this time?
Exactly! This has been mentioned time and time again, for more than a year. Sometimes I feel it's just the store manager f'ing with someone. Until it happens, I have no worries

I was told that gift cards would be gone by November.... 2015. So I'm just calling Bullshit until it finally happens. Every week there's someone new on here screaming that the sky is falling.

Do PS4 cameras have a different TIV than the app?

I bought one for like $20 at the end of last year but I think I'm going to get the PSVR bundle instead of just the stand alone model.

I was told that gift cards would be gone by November.... 2015. So I'm just calling Bullshit until it finally happens. Every week there's someone new on here screaming that the sky is falling.
It has a little more merit now though since Amazon cards are completely out of the system. Only makes sense that eBay is next.

It has a little more merit now though since Amazon cards are completely out of the system. Only makes sense that eBay is next.
Preventing certain gift cards from being purchased with trade credit is different from removing gift cards.

I'm down with that. 3 Chipotle GCs a month.

There is never effective communication along the chain of command at gs about these type of things. The ebay era will end when or if it does like it did with the amazon cards. But why in gods name would someone have a specific date for this type of nonsense.

Just a quick question for the GS-experienced CAG'ers:

I took advantage of the "Same cash value as trade" promo back in March and traded in $700-800 worth of games from my backlog to pay off some other debts.

Come to find out earlier this month, that I have been hit with a trade ban, but am unsure how long.  My last trade in March was on the 30th, so if its a 90 day ban, it should be lifted on July 1.

Any insights from others here who are, or have been in a similar situation?

Thanks in advance!

I took advantage of the "Same cash value as trade" promo back in March and traded in $700-800 worth of games from my backlog to pay off some other debts.

Come to find out earlier this month, that I have been hit with a trade ban, but am unsure how long. My last trade in March was on the 30th, so if its a 90 day ban, it should be lifted on July 1.

Thanks in advance!
My first ban was 90 days and I'm pretty sure that is standard. I might wait an extra day or two after July 1st before trying again.

Come to find out earlier this month, that I have been hit with a trade ban, but am unsure how long. My last trade in March was on the 30th, so if its a 90 day ban, it should be lifted on July 1.

Thanks in advance!
Yea rolling 90 days on that. I just called up a store and had them check for me by doing a mock trade when that happened to me.

Are PS4 controllers still trading in for 44 today? Does anyone know?
old-man-cell-phone.jpg

Thanks in advance!
I got a trade ban from that promo as well. I had them check my account a few days ago and it is good to go now so you should be good.

I have combed the rack, and the employees (who are very helpful) have never seen one either. When I was in northern IL earlier this month, I was 0 for 8 at local Gamestops there.
Someone on here mentioned a digital way to get a gift card by processing it in store but presenting them a barcode on your phone through the website. Anyone remember this about a week or two ago?

Just went in to pick up an eBay card and was told not to buy it today since he claimed all day the posa cards have not been activating and held up a stack of cards with receipts that were returned. There was a scratched up Xbox card at the top. Was told to come back Tommorow to get it. So either he's making this all up or they really are having problems with all the cards today. Anyone else experience this yet?

Just went in to pick up an eBay card and was told not to buy it today since he claimed all day the posa cards have not been activating and held up a stack of cards with receipts that were returned. There was a scratched up Xbox card at the top. Was told to come back Tommorow to get it. So either he's making this all up or they really are having problems with all the cards today. Anyone else experience this yet?
They were having problems yesterday, I believe.

Someone on here mentioned a digital way to get a gift card by processing it in store but presenting them a barcode on your phone through the website. Anyone remember this about a week or two ago?
I thought that I recalled reading that, but went back to page 1250 (10 posts per page) and did not see it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back