GameStop Trade & Promos XXVII: Values available on the website and on Android/iOS app.

Status
Not open for further replies.

JP

CAG Veteran
Feedback
181 (100%)
WELCOME TO THE NEW GAMESTOP TRADE-IN THREAD.

The new thread format will be a work in progress but this first post will be the promos that are active and useful information, but also wikified. The second post will currently be frequently asked questions but may move it into the first post. Post three will be historical trade-in values from before the list.

Trade-in Values Available at: http://www.gamestop.com/trade

Also on GameStop app on iOS and Android

Upcoming Promotions/Information:

From GameStop employees on CAG:

GameStop.com Information (will post it when they update it)

Guaranteed $30/$40 on select games (Varying End Dates)

GameStop.com said:

Last edited by a moderator:
I called GS to confirm the TIV for the 360 S-Power Adapter and the employee looked it up and said $8.80. Wonder if he was looking at the app or if the value has finally been corrected

To be fair, it's on the buyer to understand the risks and check what they're buying. And I'd say most of us understand that.
Oh please.

Most of the people that roll into a GS won't know a non-OEM 360S power brick versus an OEM, though a number of GS staff also don't know the difference. Seems like a good number of CAGs don't either. :roll:

Don't use the "buyer beware" argument as defense to not being able to find OEM 360S adapters or other adapters to trade-in. It's easy enough to do and for the money commitment versus credit gained on the trade-ins, take the extra step to not be a lazy fuck and get the real deal.

Just went in to pick up an eBay card and was told not to buy it today since he claimed all day the posa cards have not been activating and held up a stack of cards with receipts that were returned. There was a scratched up Xbox card at the top. Was told to come back Tommorow to get it. So either he's making this all up or they really are having problems with all the cards today. Anyone else experience this yet?
Just wanted to follow up on this. Checked my ebay card from yesterday and it activated just fine.

'07 for me (maybe early 08). I remember spending a weekend driving all over the state of Michigan, hitting every blockbuster, and getting enough credit for 2 Playstation 3's, a dsi XL and a laptop off gamestop.com.
Yep for me it was 2008, fresh out of college and had a job. Hollywood Video had that buy any uses ps2, GC, xbox game for $3. I took a list spent a little over $100 and made a lot at GS. Over $500, used it to get a Wii, a new DS lite, and several other games. I only went to one store in town. If I had been smart I would have driven to the other location too

To be fair, it's on the buyer to understand the risks and check what they're buying. And I'd say most of us understand that.
Well when you buy a power brick at Gamestop you expect it to be offical and not a piece of shit.

I will turn anyone down that has a knock off power brick.

Anyone else discover one of the $50 off Xbox one coupons in their active offers? I'm hoping to hear this is a thing that more people are getting. I'm about to buy an Xbox one and am holding out hope for one of those coupons.

I just realized that Playcation has not been mentioned yet. Isn't it around this time?
I think that is not until later in July.

Anyone else discover one of the $50 off Xbox one coupons in their active offers? I'm hoping to hear this is a thing that more people are getting. I'm about to buy an Xbox one and am holding out hope for one of those coupons.
Even though I just bought an Xbox One during the $50 GC promo that ended last Tuesday, I got the coupon on my account today. I used it today to get a white 500GB Quantum Break Bundle with extra controller for $229.99.

A few interesting things worth noting:

1. For some reason with this free controller promo, they got a special batch of controllers with different bar codes for them to scan so they ring up at $999.99 and then show $999.99 savings on your receipt.

2. PUR Coupons redeemed with reward points (such as the $$25 off for 25,000 points) do not appear to be working when trying to use with the $50 off XBO coupon and free controller offer.

3. My wife's new PUR PRO account that was set up in late May didn't get this coupon (It also hasn't gotten any coupons yet other than the initial B2G1)

I've heard about it but still haven't got the coupon yet. I'm stuck with $312 credit at GS and would pick up an elite bundle for $300 if I get the coupon since it also comes with a free extra controller.

One more important news detail to share with you all. I have it on good authority that there will be a B2G1 preowned sale starting later this week that may also work on game systems. (Might be a good opportunity to get 3 used XBO systems for $440, or approx $147 each)

Now there wasn't a wink or hush involved, but the manager was the one to actually bring it up since we tried to use the new account B2G1 coupon on systems the other day before realizing it would not work, as those coupons specifically say game systems not eligible as free item.

Found old photos of Playcation and summer sale from 2013 / 2014, seem to start during July. Lets hope they do these sales again!

[attachment=22670:Untitled.jpg]

[attachment=22671:20160627_182949.jpg]

Is there a strategy behind this ?
Nothing too lucrative, but if you have credit to burn and live in a no tax on trade credit state, it could be worthwhile. it shouldn't be too difficult for most people to locally sell used XBO systems for about $180 each which would convert $440 credit to $540 in cash.

You could always sell 1 or 2 and get a nice cheap console for a friend/family member.

Found old photos of Playcation and summer sale from 2013 / 2014, seem to start during July. Lets hope they do these sales again!

attachicon.gif
Untitled.jpg

attachicon.gif
20160627_182949.jpg
Ha man good freaking times. I still have a pic too on this cpu from the 2014 one. I remember walking in buying something and asking if they had anymore since I used all mine up already. She pulled the drawer open and grabbed a rubber band stack of em and said this is all we have and just gave it to me.

[attachment=22672:photo (56).JPG]

Just wanted to follow up on this. Checked my ebay card from yesterday and it activated just fine.
How do you check an eBay card if it activated other than using it? I was thinking maybe I could bank it somewhere on my profile but can't find anything like that. It'd be great to store it like Amazon credit.

idk if that's the case. My B2G1F coupon says any pre owned item. I even asked on Sunday and she said I would be good to buy 3 consoles.

One more important news detail to share with you all. I have it on good authority that there will be a B2G1 preowned sale starting later this week that may also work on game systems. (Might be a good opportunity to get 3 used XBO systems for $440, or approx $147 each)

Now there wasn't a wink or hush involved, but the manager was the one to actually bring it up since we tried to use the new account B2G1 coupon on systems the other day before realizing it would not work, as those coupons specifically say game systems not eligible as free item.

idk if that's the case. My B2G1F coupon says any pre owned item. I even asked on Sunday and she said I would be good to buy 3 consoles.
Did you actually print it out? I think they sometimes add language on the pdf printed coupons they don't include on the digital coupons on your phone as I was certain I only noticed the consumer electronics exclusion (e.g. tablets, phones) before I printed out and we tried to get it to work before seeing it not work and noticing the language excluding consoles as the free item. Basically you could pay for 2 used systems and get a free controller or game but it won't let you get a free system

I know that the 50% bonus with no strings attached ended yesterday but wasn't a new one suppose to start when you preorder certain games?
Yes it is still in the current weekly ad that ends on Tuesday but it wasn't working automatically for people on Monday so not sure if/when it is going to work

Anyone think I can use the $50 xbox one coupon on a elite bundle I bought 6/22? (Technically I bought it 6/18 but I went back and got the free controller and rung up again on the 22nd.)

Limit 1 coupon per customer. Coupon must be surrendered upon redemption. Subject to availability by location. Prices subject to change. While supplies last. Free item(s) must be of equal or lesser value. Cannot be combined with any other offer. See store associate for details. No dealers. Offer valid in the United States and Guam only. Void where prohibited. GameStop, Inc. reserves the right to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the offer for any reason without notice. Valid through 10/15/16.

Ya one of my accounts got the coupon, it seems like a good deal right now specially with the free controller for buying a XB1.
Since you're in the same state as me, how did you create a 2nd PUR acct? I was thinking of getting a state ID for a new one since my DL is linked to my main acct. I could use a passport but figure it's a hassle to take everytime to trade-in something.

When on eBay at the top click on gift card and theres a blue banner that says check your balance or go to this link - https://giftcards.ebay.com/balance
Thanks for the link.

Damn. I never joined Pur Pro since I'm not a high volume user and 10% per transaction seemed like it would take a while to add up. Just today I noticed that my missed value for the year is $60. Now this one Xbox coupon ..? SMH.

Damn. I never joined Pur Pro since I'm not a high volume user and 10% per transaction seemed like it would take a while to add up. Just today I noticed that my missed value for the year is $60. Now this one Xbox coupon ..? SMH.
That sucks. It's $15 and with slight amounts of flipping you just use points to renew. So worth it.

So do eBay bucks promotions always happen on Tuesdays? Maybe I'm remembering wrong but they seem to have happened every Tuesday this month.
I got this last night. Looks like it excludes gift cards.

Edit: I had to go into my cart afew times before it showed up as working with gift cards.

[attachment=22673:ebay.png]

[attachment=22674:ebay2.png]

Oh. Wow. I always thought it was $30 for the year. I would have covered it on my last volley of 50% flips alone. &#%*!!
Well, now that you know, you should get it ASAP. The 10% off preowned, 10% bonus trade-in, and monthly PUR coupons make it easy to get back your $15 and then some.

You might have thought it was $30 because that's how much Best Buy's GCU program is, but that's for 2 years, so it still comes out to $15 a year.

I got the $50 off XB1 in my account last night. Any tricks or tips to get the most value for my launch 500gb XB1? Would like to upgrade to an elite or at least the 1tb model.

Thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back