GameStop Trade & Promos XXVII: Values available on the website and on Android/iOS app.

Status
Not open for further replies.

JP

CAG Veteran
Feedback
181 (100%)
WELCOME TO THE NEW GAMESTOP TRADE-IN THREAD.

The new thread format will be a work in progress but this first post will be the promos that are active and useful information, but also wikified. The second post will currently be frequently asked questions but may move it into the first post. Post three will be historical trade-in values from before the list.

Trade-in Values Available at: http://www.gamestop.com/trade

Also on GameStop app on iOS and Android

Upcoming Promotions/Information:

From GameStop employees on CAG:

GameStop.com Information (will post it when they update it)

Guaranteed $30/$40 on select games (Varying End Dates)

GameStop.com said:

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks!, I was going to do the math but I didn't know if people had redcards/team member discounts and sales taxes for states haha thanks again!

thanks for doing the math. i'll also be doing this later.

If I did my maths correct....Price matching Assasins Creed Syndicate for XB1 would be 17.99 with the 40% off cartwheel coupon it would take off i believe 7.19 which means out of pocket would be 10.80 without tax and trades in to GS for 16.50 for Pro

Also! Price matching Just dance 2016 on XB1 for 13.85 with the 50% off which takes off 6.92 making out of pocket 6.93 before tax and 13.20 trade in for Gs

YMMV but im going to try after im off work to see if everything works out well..will post results.

Glad I had a dead shift today to do all this lol also huge shoutout to JustCuriosity for the FYI
This is a big YMMV if you get them to do cartwheel with the PM. It states in the terms on cartwheel you can't use both. I tried this earlier and the employees told me they can't use both. If you get a employee that is doesn't know much or is new that might be another story.

How long do you have to send in games to best buy that you want to trade in? Enough time to get the games in from buying online from gamestop.com?

Well, ended up making about $100 with boomerangs this weekend. Finished off by leveraging myself completely by buying a group of power adapters and several groups of rainbow six and far cry in hopes that the trade value goes back up after tuesday. That also included using up all my gift card balance, because if the TIVs do go up, the boomerang amount will surpass the tax paid, and basically launder gift cards into trade credit with an upside.

Final purchase was two copies of rainbow six and gravity rush remastered. After trading in the RB6s, gravity rush will be basically free.

Edit: if everything works out, final numbers are ~$120 credit + $125 gift cards = ~$380 credit and a copy of gravity rush

Now to wait til the end of this month for the next round!

This is a big YMMV if you get them to do cartwheel with the PM. It states in the terms on cartwheel you can't use both. I tried this earlier and the employees told me they can't use both. If you get a employee that is doesn't know much or is new that might be another story.
Same thing happened to me. I used to work at Target for 3 1/2 yrs. Most workers wont know to not do it. If they do, I just bought it then brought it back to a different store saying I forgot to use cartwheel.

Was able to use gamestop gift cards I got off ebay a week ago to flip it back into ebay credit today.  Hold together NY Gamestops. Hear me hold together!!

Im looking to get Odin Sphere for Vita as cheap as possible with the B2G1. Best boomerangs to team up with $34.99 item? I saw the Xbox One Stereo Headset Adapter was solid for this purpose. Anything else in this price range to get this down as low as possible?

Im looking to get Odin Sphere for Vita as cheap as possible with the B2G1. Best boomerangs to team up with $34.99 item? I saw the Xbox One Stereo Headset Adapter was solid for this purpose. Anything else in this price range to get this down as low as possible?
Hyrule Warriors Legends and MLB The Show 16 are both 31.94 and trade in for 26 each after 20% bonus

Is anyone having trouble buying a gamestop gift card online? I'm trying to consolidate multiple cards into one for $219 but I get the following message "There was an error processing your order. We apologize for the inconvenience; please check back later."

I got that like crazy when trying to buy three $25 giftcards during the 15 off 75 promotion. In the end I couldn't buy any of them and all paypal could tell me is to try again in an hour. But same issue.

Yea if I try to to do using incognito mode and checkout as guest the same thing happened as originally happened to me yesterday when I tried to do it the first time using my gamestop account. After putting in all the gift cards to pay for the consolidated gift card I get the same error message I had originally gotten yesterday: "The credit card billing information you entered does not match the information on file at your financial institution. Prior to placing a new order, please verify your billing information with your financial institution to ensure all information is accurate and up to date."

I don't see how there is a credit card issue because there is no remaining balance required after putting in the gift cards. Previous purchases I have made using gift cards with no remaining balance have never needed me to fill out my credit card information or put the security code in if the card was already on file. After I tried putting in new credit card information to see if I could get past the original error message I started to get the error processing your order message on my account every time I try to get past the shipping page when creating an order for a gift card.

Is anyone having trouble buying a gamestop gift card online? I'm trying to consolidate multiple cards into one for $219 but I get the following message "There was an error processing your order. We apologize for the inconvenience; please check back later."
The workaround was that you had to at least charge $1 to your credit card. So if you have $219 in GC's you need to order a $220 one.

Interesting Donut, I'll try it later when I get home. You the man.

*edit* it didn't work online having at least $1 more to charge on a credit card.

Xbox 360 slim power adapter trade-in value is base $24. Wasn't it a little bit higher before?

*edit* jk and on a different note it's TIV held if anyone was wondering.

so just tried to trade in mlb 16 and hyrule legends to the same person that sold it to me.   he told me he'd set them up as a refund instead, and i'm like you do know you will basically be giving me a free game right?   and he continued his rant about how it would be worth it for me instead.  finally decided he was dead set on giving excellent customer service and  i don't argue about free games lol.

so just tried to trade in mlb 16 and hyrule legends to the same person that sold it to me. he told me he'd set them up as a refund instead, and i'm like you do know you will basically be giving me a free game right? and he continued his rant about how it would be worth it for me instead. finally decided he was dead set on giving excellent customer service and i don't argue about free games lol.
Maybe he thought you gave him the wink and nod.

I know a few stores around me the store manager lets the employees return the 2 games and keep the free ones after the promo. I actually heard a manager tell an employee to do that when i was at a gs on friday.

Did this a couple weeks ago. The transaction took a few hours to go through though and I had to add $1 to the value (paid with CC) to make it work.
Brenex, I haven't done it myself yet but just requoting what was reported before to consolidate gift cards.

Yea I did the same thing and tried two different credit cards with a continual error message. I actually added $1.14 extra too.

I know a few stores around me the store manager lets the employees return the 2 games and keep the free ones after the promo. I actually heard a manager tell an employee to do that when i was at a gs on friday.
nice! a manager informing his employees to steal games from his store. i need my manager to tell me that, would be nice to go home with a free bmw

Has anyone traded a 360 or PS3 controller recently? Are the values in the app correct or is it like xb1 and ps4 controllers where the value is different in store?

Has anyone traded a 360 or PS3 controller recently? Are the values in the app correct or is it like xb1 and ps4 controllers where the value is different in store?
I traded 1 of each last week and, at that point, the app had the correct values - $14 base for dualshock 3 and $8 for wireless 360.

Yea I did the same thing and tried two different credit cards with a continual error message. I actually added $1.14 extra too.
Hmm I'm not sure how DJ was able to pull it off maybe he can give more insight. But as Nick said, worst case scenario you shouldn't have any problems consolidating gift cards in-store. It'll just require an extra trip to the store if you're trying to move the credit to eBay.

Yea i decided to just consolidate it in store soon after posting that it didn't work above. I just tried it again with the gift cards that I received today after doing some trades and returns (5 in total) and it worked so go figure. Well, "worked". I also got an email that says, "We are currently reviewing your order ***. While this review may take up to 12 hours, our goal is to complete our review and release your order as quickly as possible. You do not need to take any action at this time. If we need additional information to process your order, one of our team members will reach out to you via email."

Yea i decided to just consolidate it in store soon after posting that it didn't work above. I just tried it again with the gift cards that I received today after doing some trades and returns (5 in total) and it worked so go figure. Well, "worked". I also got an email that says, "We are currently reviewing your order ***. While this review may take up to 12 hours, our goal is to complete our review and release your order as quickly as possible. You do not need to take any action at this time. If we need additional information to process your order, one of our team members will reach out to you via email."
Hmm weird. Seems like the website will glitch periodically and allow you to consolidate them sort of like how you can stack the saver and cag16 codes every now and then.

I also got an email that says, "We are currently reviewing your order ***. While this review may take up to 12 hours, our goal is to complete our review and release your order as quickly as possible. You do not need to take any action at this time. If we need additional information to process your order, one of our team members will reach out to you via email."
I bought a $250 gift card with my debit card a couple months ago and got the same message, but I ended up getting the e-giftcard a few hours later with no other issues.

Has anyone else been charged tax on the website even though you used trade credit?

Has anyone else been charged tax on the website even though you used trade credit?
Yeah, whenever I order something online with trade credit, it's taxed (even though my state doesn't tax on credit purchases in store). Pretty sure it's because the website doesn't differentiate between trade credit and gift cards.

Hmm I'm not sure how DJ was able to pull it off maybe he can give more insight. But as Nick said, worst case scenario you shouldn't have any problems consolidating gift cards in-store. It'll just require an extra trip to the store if you're trying to move the credit to eBay.
Not sure how it worked. I got the address doesn't match message or something that I knew wasn't correct a few times when just trying to consolidate. Tried adding a dollar and it went through. In store sounds easier.

I bought a $250 gift card with my debit card a couple months ago and got the same message, but I ended up getting the e-giftcard a few hours later with no other issues.

I get charged tax on every purchase trade credit or not, same goes for in-store, but I live in CA, jealous of you tax free state guys.

Received my three iPad mini 4 (64gb) today and all three are absolutely flawless. They look 100% brand new. Which is a massive sigh of relief after I've purchased 4 open box and refurbished items from Bestbuy these past few weeks and they have all showed up insanely horrible, worn, hardware defects, you name it. I'll definitely buy used from GameStop in the future, bestbuy not so much.

If I'm using a 20% off birthday coupon along with a $20 off reward certificate, will it take the 20% off before or after the $20 off? I'm guessing it is after but just looking for confirmation.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back