GameStop Trade & Promos XXVII: Values available on the website and on Android/iOS app.

Status
Not open for further replies.

JP

CAG Veteran
Feedback
181 (100%)
WELCOME TO THE NEW GAMESTOP TRADE-IN THREAD.

The new thread format will be a work in progress but this first post will be the promos that are active and useful information, but also wikified. The second post will currently be frequently asked questions but may move it into the first post. Post three will be historical trade-in values from before the list.

Trade-in Values Available at: http://www.gamestop.com/trade

Also on GameStop app on iOS and Android

Upcoming Promotions/Information:

From GameStop employees on CAG:

GameStop.com Information (will post it when they update it)

Guaranteed $30/$40 on select games (Varying End Dates)

GameStop.com said:

Last edited by a moderator:
So yeah no luck with corporate overriding it. Guy suggested that I can buy a system and they would give me cash for the return , but his coworker didn't like that idea much. Said he could get written up for that. Damn coworkers! Oh well, will see if another district works.

I hope I get my GS gcs and am able to cash out on eBay gcs in time before its blocked locally, I'd rather not be stuck with a lot of GS credit. The points earned from buying eBay gcs was pretty nice though, will be sad to see the free points go away when it does eventually stop.
I bought some on sunday at the Kam shopping center so they may still work. Your only problem may be finding them. Ala moana is out. Kam still had a few and Kahala too. I don't know about where you are though.

I bought some on sunday at the Kam shopping center so they may still work. Your only problem may be finding them. Ala moana is out. Kam still had a few and Kahala too. I don't know about where you are though.
Pearlridge and Waikele had some when I went last week, Pearl Highlands has been out for couple weeks.

Looks like gift card purchases are dead in my store. Currently been told they are getting a message Everytime they try to scan my gift card. They are currently trying to call corporate to override it since their manager is not answering
it would help to know where this is happening dont you think?

I bought some digital eBay GCs in Houston so we are still good.

Just a reminder you don't need the physical card in stock to buy eBay. Use gsdigital.me

Looks like gift card purchases are dead in my store. Currently been told they are getting a message Everytime they try to scan my gift card. They are currently trying to call corporate to override it since their manager is not answering
Well, it looks like this is the beginning of the end. It was fun while it lasted.

Has anybody tried Visa cards or using that mobile website thing for eBay codes?

All gift cards? Chipotle, shell cards, etc?

So yeah no luck with corporate overriding it. Guy suggested that I can buy a system and they would give me cash for the return , but his coworker didn't like that idea much. Said he could get written up for that. Damn coworkers! Oh well, will see if another district works.
Them do-gooders always getting in the way of our business, damn them all! :p

Just picked up another eBay card in SoCal today with no problem.  Wasn't at any of my local stores since I was visiting family, so I didn't buy anything else or try to hide the payment method or anything.  Clerk didn't bat an eye and there were zero issues with the system allowing it.  Seems to be all good down here still for now...

Slightly unrelated rant here, hoping for some advice...

I am super frustrated with GS right now. All I want is two PUR accounts merged (somehow, when I became a Pro member last month, I ended up with two accounts).

I've called 3 times (each a 45 minute wait for a rep), sent 4 emails from their self-service feature, and basically what I get each time is a reply asking for my address and email two days later, which I have initially included in my emails and phone conversations! It seems like the reps can only put in a request for the merge, which results in the said email.

What's worse is when I reply to these emails, I get an automated reply saying "this inbox is not monitored." Unbelievable.

Any tips? Losing my sanity here, why the hell did I even go Pro.

Slightly unrelated rant here, hoping for some advice...

I am super frustrated with GS right now. All I want is two PUR accounts merged (somehow, when I became a Pro member last month, I ended up with two accounts).

I've called 3 times (each a 45 minute wait for a rep), sent 4 emails from their self-service feature, and basically what I get each time is a reply asking for my address and email two days later, which I have initially included in my emails and phone conversations! It seems like the reps can only put in a request for the merge, which results in the said email.

What's worse is when I reply to these emails, I get an automated reply saying "this inbox is not monitored." Unbelievable.

Any tips? Losing my sanity here, why the hell did I even go Pro.
I strongly suggest returning to the store that made the error and having them figure out how to fix it. Sending e-mails and phone calls will likely just end up getting you super frustrated. I went through a chain of e-mail after e-mail with them asking for the same information over and over after I had already given it to them. The store I activated it at was very cool about the issue. Managers have a lot of power to fix stuff like that if they feel compelled to.

I strongly suggest returning to the store that made the error and having them figure out how to fix it. Sending e-mails and phone calls will likely just end up getting you super frustrated. I went through a chain of e-mail after e-mail with them asking for the same information over and over after I had already given it to them. The store I activated it at was very cool about the issue. Managers have a lot of power to fix stuff like that if they feel compelled to.
Nothing can be done at store level. We just call the same number you do.

FWIW, when I upgraded my girlfriend's account to Pro, it wouldn't let them use her Basic card and the manager instructed the employee to scan a new card off the rack, hence a new account.

staying on topic. i can't blame people for hatin on GS. they usually provides the most shitty and shady services... I'm still waiting for my disney infinity figure (anna) to arrive (oos). ordered in Dec and was charged. kinda of BS move and i'm sure GS know that customers will not wait 2hrs on hold to resolve a $6 item. 

Nothing can be done at store level. We just call the same number you do.

FWIW, when I upgraded my girlfriend's account to Pro, it wouldn't let them use her Basic card and the manager instructed the employee to scan a new card off the rack, hence a new account.
Yeah that's exactly what I meant. They can find some way around the issue, not necessarily fix it. For me, I purchased the PUR account on a morning when all of their computers went down. The employee was nice enough to manually add all of the trade bonuses for me, but we couldn't figure out why the card didn't activate. Visited the store and I had to hear the phone conversation the employee had with the corporate office. They kept telling him there is nothing they can do and to sell me a new PUR card and totally weren't listening to what he was saying. Long story short he ended up offering to take $15 off of my next purchase and giving me a new PUR account for free, as well as giving me an additional $10 off for my "trouble". I understand that the above issue is a little different as I'm guessing the important part is getting all of the points onto one account

staying on topic. i can't blame people for hatin on GS. they usually provides the most shitty and shady services... I'm still waiting for my disney infinity figure (anna) to arrive (oos). ordered in Dec and was charged. kinda of BS move and i'm sure GS know that customers will not wait 2hrs on hold to resolve a $6 item.
Yes the hate runs strong when they cancelled about 300$ worth of orders in March and never gave you your trade credit back that you used. I only use credit cards on their site now.

Can anyone here give me their phone number to use their power up rewards card? my membership expired yesterday...

Its free points if someone is up for it XD

Rainbow Six: Siege went back up to $17 base TIV, and Far Cry Primal went up to $20 base TIV, $2 higher base than before the sale

I've got a grin a mile wide

I don't feel comfortable giving out my number on forums, but here's my social instead. 721-07-4426.
439 3825 633
216-867-5309
Brace for it....

3d71ef171e357b01ed270411cdbc56d157799028ec12e8165ede0f8c03a3ddfb.jpg

Well shit. For some reason, the black ops I order from Walmart got returned. It was suppose to arrive today. I never got a notification or anything about it.

Do you guys know if I can use the certificates from the reward points for a preorder? Im trying to see if I can use the 90k points that I have towards the preorder of an xbox one slim.

Well shit. For some reason, the black ops I order from Walmart got returned. It was suppose to arrive today. I never got a notification or anything about it.
Hive mind, I just remembered about it while driving this morning. I checked online and it said delivery to my store this Friday?

I just picked up a $200 ebay GC, so it isn't dead-dead just yet and before anybody asks, this occurred in Ohio.

Do you guys know if I can use the certificates from the reward points for a preorder? Im trying to see if I can use the 90k points that I have towards the preorder of an xbox one slim.
You can't, but you can use them when you pick it up on release, just make sure the ones you use are different denominations. And I believe its a max of 5 coupons per transaction.

Always has to be some bad news to go with the good- the Gravity Rush I ordered came in a generic case

I thought almost all Japanese games got traded in complete  :-({|=

I confirmed that Gamestop as a whole has stopped selling Amazon / Kindle Cards.  I have a friend who worked there and I asked him why he said "Gamestop higher ups has found out people are using Gamestop credit to purchase Amazon cards to buy games from Amazon". 

Sorry folks... no more Amazon cards :(

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back