GameStop Trade & Promos XXVII: Values available on the website and on Android/iOS app.

Status
Not open for further replies.

JP

CAG Veteran
Feedback
181 (100%)
WELCOME TO THE NEW GAMESTOP TRADE-IN THREAD.

The new thread format will be a work in progress but this first post will be the promos that are active and useful information, but also wikified. The second post will currently be frequently asked questions but may move it into the first post. Post three will be historical trade-in values from before the list.

Trade-in Values Available at: http://www.gamestop.com/trade

Also on GameStop app on iOS and Android

Upcoming Promotions/Information:

From GameStop employees on CAG:

GameStop.com Information (will post it when they update it)

Guaranteed $30/$40 on select games (Varying End Dates)

GameStop.com said:

Last edited by a moderator:
I can confirm that the pokemon promo cancels out the collectibles promo if a game applies for both, even if that results in a lower value. Hell it might even cause games with higher values to drop to 25 from what I seeing of other people's reports.

My trades are done got clear the inventory. Happy trades to the rest of you. Lets hope for a stealth bump/promo/boomerangs next week.

Just to make sure before I do it, with BB/GCU the rule still is you can only buy 3 copies of a game per system ( 3 copies of X for 360, 3 copies of X for PS3, ect.) , any more than 3 and you are banned.

Right?

Just to make sure before I do it, with BB/GCU the rule still is you can only buy 3 copies of a game per system ( 3 copies of X for 360, 3 copies of X for PS3, ect.) , any more than 3 and you are banned.

Right?
It's 3 copies per system, regular and CE/LE/LCE, per rolling year.

Any more than the three copies and you might be banned, yes.

For someone who bought 3 copies at once, does anyone know if the limit resets at the end of the calendar year or one year from the purchase date?

Edit: My bad, just noted the rolling year part

If there is 50% more trade in value in August, trade in values will drop 20% before it starts?

Games brought before the acct was upgraded to GCU doesn't count right? I read their FAQ earlier & the way it's worded, it sounds like the limitation is about the 20% off aspect, meaning the 4th game & afterward get no 20% off discount. Has anyone been banned at the 4th one? Or is the ban hammer likely to hit more like the 10th game hahaha

Just got denied trading two copies of metal gear even though they're for a different system. I thought that was allowed or was the store clerk just being a bitch?

Just got denied trading two copies of metal gear even though they're for a different system. I thought that was allowed or was the store clerk just being a bitch?
Store was just making up their own rule. General unofficial policy is to allow for the same game on different systems per trade-in because they are not identical, have different SKUs.

pretty sure you can trade in with different platform. traded in 2 same platform game couple months ago. manager said i can trade in one game for each platform.

I'd just take the other one to a different store and trade it in or take it back to the same store tomorrow.

Here's a weird one:  I grabbed a Vault Boy Dorbz figure as my collectible item.  It rang up as $5.99.  Then after adding the trade-ins I was scrolling up the list of items and noticed the price bumped up to $7.99.  I've never seen that before.  I said screw it and bought a $0.97 clearance Starlord Dorbz instead.

Also, watch out on Bayonetta 2.  I didn't realize they had two trade-in SKUs (single disc or double disc) and the difference is over $10.

That doesn't make any sense.
I've noticed that in many cases they assume that the items are stolen if people do anything out of the ordinary when they trade them. It's logical to think that he wouldn't own a game on both platforms to play it. A few weeks ago, an associate asked me if the Bluebooth headsets I traded in were stolen because they were still in the original clear plastic baggies. All he did was to tell me not to trade in accessories in the packaging. So, the associate was probably just doing his job and everything isn't meant to be malicious.

In any case, I just traded in Metal Gear Solid V: Phantom Pain and Just Dance 2015 for 360, bought a 27 cent Uncharted button, got the extra 20% bump since the button counted as a collectible, bought two $10 Google Play cards, and still have $9.35 remaining on a trade card.

Bought 3 metal gear 360s from BB, went to one GameStop to dump them, they said they said they could only take one, asked if my brother could trade in one and they declined that. Traded the one with them, then had to go to a 2nd GS with my brother and we each traded in a copy separately.

Holy shit people, don't try to trade more than one of the same title/platform at the same time. I thought this was common sense at this point....

It's funny, I only did this once, but it wasn't a problem. Good to know that it is now.
Yeah, I mean I used to do it YEARS ago when my friend worked there, but they have cracked down hard. It also can ruin an entire experience as they can be dicks and deny the whole thing. (see above)

For some reason Fire Emblem Radiant Dawn Wii does not appear on GS website anymore.

Last edited:
Holy shit people, don't try to trade more than one of the same title/platform at the same time. I thought this was common sense at this point....
Well one was a 360 tittle and the other one was a ps3 tittle. I know they're the same game but they were for different platforms. I thought that it shouldn't have been a problem but I guess it is. What I thought it was weird is that she wanted a receipt of the games if I wanted to trade just one of the games.

Well one was a 360 tittle and the other one was a ps3 tittle. I know they're the same game but they were for different platforms. I thought that it shouldn't have been a problem but I guess it is. What I thought it was weird is that she wanted a receipt of the games if I wanted to trade just one of the games.
For the most part that is fine. I've never had a problem doing that before. However some employees like to make their own rules and won't allow the same game on different systems

For the most part that is fine. I've never had a problem doing that before. However some employees like to make their own rules and won't allow the same game on different systems
Yeah I get that but when she asked me for a receipt of a game that I wanted to trade in, I knew she just didn't want to let me do my trades.

Discretion is key, it will get you long ways

Couldn't post these amounts before, but I found my receipt. These are with the 20% collectible bump:

Metal Gear Solid V: Phantom Pain (360) - 19.50
Just Dance 2015 (360) - $10.40

Quick question for seasoned flippers. I went to 5 different gamestops today trading in 1 L4D2 game at each store and I was wondering if they'll ban me for doing that? I'm not really sure how the ban system works and I'm worried about my points disappearing is all.

Quick question for seasoned flippers. I went to 5 different gamestops today trading in 1 L4D2 game at each store and I was wondering if they'll ban me for doing that? I'm not really sure how the ban system works and I'm worried about my points disappearing is all.
Yeah, you're fucked.

If you trade in 5 copies of the same game on the same platform within 30 days, your account is usually trade-banned.

Trading in 5 in a month makes it likely you will be banned. The safe bet is to just trade in 4

If I were to trade Super Mario Maker WiiU, will I get 33 (amount shown on app), or 27.50 on website? Anyone know if the app values are live? Thanks

Price match opportunities exist for:
Rise TR :xb1: 19.99 at Target.
And 23.99 (29.99 if you get a JD) for Star Fox and Super Mario Maker from BB. SMM shows OOS tho.

If you trade in 5 copies of the same game on the same platform within 30 days, your account is usually trade-banned.
I don't trade in often to gamestop unless I see something on this site worth going to them for something they have that I like but do you think I should cash out on the points I have now? I have 41k of points I don't wanna lose...

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back